My baby has been non stop sick...advice?

Is anyone else’s child non stop sick? My 7 month old caught her first cold in early October, she has been nonstop sick ever since. She seems to get over 1 cold and go into the next within days. We all had covid over Christmas and new years, she seemed to recover and woke up with a nasty cough this morning again! We haven’t been anywhere to catch anything! I’m at the end of my emotional rope. I haven’t slept well since October. We’ve barely seen a soul since then too I can’t do this anymore

3 Likes

My 15 year old had covid 2xs.once recovered from the 1st sickness she ended up with bronchitus.from there it was a series of different things until she was almost 16 then they diagnosed her as a seasonal asthmatic gave her a nebulizer and she has a rescue inhaler now.has helped.i believe covid caused the asthma.im sure your exhausted from sickness and christmas.i hope you get some kinda relief.

My son is in 4th grade and has been sick constantly since starting kindergarten. If we get only 1 sickness a month we are doing good. And then of course we all catch it so it’s a never ending cycle. We normally get a break from the illnesses during the schools summer break.

I’m so sorry. Don’t give up God loves you I hope you all will get some peaceful rest soon. I have put a sliced onion on their feet and a sock over it then put a bag over it. It draws out the crud and opens up the lungs. If whatever the pediatrician has told you to do,did not work then it won’t hurt to try it. A humidifier might help. Being around people and going places builds up immune systems. Of course I’m sure you don’t want to when you’re sick. :pray:t2:

Prayers for your baby girl in Jesus mighty name Amene. Be sure to thank Jesus for her deliverance and.miracle healing Amene

My 9 month old has been the same way since August. It’s been awful. He’s been admitted to the hospital twice since October. Currently battling the flu now.

Hang in there!! luckily my kids have been in daycare setting so with school they have been a little more immune to germs but now with school they bring something home as soon as we get done with a sickness they already brought home & this Christmas we had this weird respiratory virus that made us feel like we had the flu for two weeks and 4 days but instead of fever it was chills and headache sore throat etc - please keep in touch with your pediatrician for the baby or get second opinions to treat your little babies you can’t really give medicines but your baby must be miserable coughing and sick - Keep up humidifiers in the room, make sure their is no mold - steam showers RSV, whooping cough and colds this bugs are so contagious touching things from putting gas or getting groceries you just don’t know hopefully it’s not an infection that needs treatment!

My oldest did the same when she was 4. It started with a case of the sniffles. Then came the coughing, the fevers, midnight trips to the ER, a tonsillectomy. Fourteen months later, we finally got the asthma diagnosis after she turned blue at school. Keep fighting for your little one even though I know the exhaustion that comes with this situation.

You need something to boost her immune system. Not sure what they make for little littles. Might be able to ask the dr

Yessss!! At 3month he got a cold, couldn’t shift it, it never went. 4month he got RSV/bronchiolitis, he threw up everyday, projectile vomiting, bad cold. Hes 7month old now, I changed his milk 5 days ago and he hasn’t vomited since, still got a croaky chest and full of a cold though… he’s never been cold free for over 4months.

It may be post nasal drip… My three year old has terrible allergies… If I skip even one dose of his zyrtec his nose runs for like a month and then he gets a nasty cough bc all the mucus goes down the throat and collects since he won’t blow his nose for me ever… Take him in to the doctor for a sick visit. But 95% when my son has a cough he isn’t actually sick just has nasty post nasal from his nose always running