My babysitter is bad mouthing me to the kids...advice?

So apparently my babysitter that I pay to watch my kids she has been bad mouthing me to my children??? Crazy part is I’m very upset and angry at the same time but I also have no one else to immediately start watching the kids so I’m not sure what to do??? I want to confront her but I also dont want her treating my kids poorly because they told me

10 Likes

The babysitter would be gone!! :v:t2:

18 Likes

Why would you even question what to do? Don’t leave your kids in that position or situation…

14 Likes

Absolutely not! They need to go asap!

I’d be getting a nanny cam. Get a recording of her doing it. Then firing her and taking it to police as it’s a form of child abuse. If she’s doing it to ur kids she’s doing it to others

5 Likes

Look for another sitter immediately. So many trustworthy ppl looking to make a few $$ and not enough jobs.

Is this even a question? Obviously you wouldn’t leave them in her care again…

1 Like

If you cant trust a babysitter in any way shape or form don’t leave your kids with them.

Do you not watch or read the news

27 Likes

Fire her you obviously can’t trust her

2 Likes

You should not have to think about what to do , your kids safety should be first , if you do not trust a person they should not be watching your kids.
You need to let her go like yesterday and hire someone else.

I’m a babysitter myself and trust , respect and communication is basic between me and the parents I work for .

1 Like

She is poison need her out of your kids life .

1 Like

Oh my God !!! Do you love your children? I would get rid of her yesterday. You know what ? I don’t trust no one but me.My children and my grandchildren are special.

I understand not having someone to watch your children. But is it really safe to be leaving them with someone whose bad mouthing you?
Why would you even consider potentially leaving your kids in harms way. Being a parent is hard and sometimes you’ve got to make decisions that aren’t easy. When it comes to leaving my children with someone who is bad mouthing me, they wouldn’t be.left anywhere with that individual

1 Like

Prayers for your sitter Amene

she’d be fired immediately and i’d figure out the rest later.

4 Likes

If you know this is 100% true you fire the sitter.

If she is bad mouthing you with your kids around, chances are she is already treating them differently. I would calmly confront her. Or, don’t say anything, and look for a new sitter.

If your kids are old enough to tell you that she’s badmouthing you, they’re old enough to tell you that she is mistreating them!

Confront her and let her know that you know and if it doesn’t stop, she will need to seek other employment. In the meantime, if your children tell you that she is mistreating them, depending on the extent of the mistreatment, press charges.

Then, start looking for new child care and tell her to kick rocks!

I know, but this could lead to other stuff if you don’t stop her and try to replace her. I don’t know what her problem is but I would have to confront her

Have her start watching them at your house and set up a Nanny cam. You can’t legally record her in her house but you can in your own OR get your kids a cell phone and have them record when she’s talking about you that way you have evidence.

Fire a babysitter and find other who will treat your kids like her own.

I would be speaking with her parent

If your babysitter is a minor you cant leave a negative review of her on Care,com or Yelp without creating problems for yourself but she should definitely go, she’s poisoning the well

IDK why this a FB post!
She needs to go! No questions asked!
Figure it out!

Fire her and find someone else to watch your children!

First of all, what is your relationship with her? Has she never been a problem? 2nd, how old are your kids? Are they old enough to tell you what she said verbatim? Are they younger kids that probably exaggerated what she said? Is this a one time occurrence? I’m only asking because if you are still allowing her near your children, it probably is more hurtful than anything. Was it a comment she made? Or did she go on a tirade on mom? If she is a great babysitter and gets along with your kids, I would definitely have a conversation with her. People are so quick to fire and discard people and you don’t even know her side of anything.

There is always away out take a few days off talk to your boss and find a trust worthy sitter

Well look for another babysitter ASAP. Set up cameras. You know she’s going to call your kids liars. Knowing she’s on video may make her rethink her behavior & stop. Put them in every room except the bathroom(s). But make sure you have them right outside bathrooms to capture sound. Monitor through the day. When you hear her saying something go on microphone saying something like “so this is how you speak about me to my children?” That may freak her out. Then tell her she’s dismissed & she knows why.

I don’t normally comment on these but, YOU are their mama, their hero, their number 1- ditch that toxic btch that makes those kids think anything else

Nah…let her know, she needs a job just as much as u need a sitter.

We had a thing going around from a city in my town. This person was at the beach n saw this woman and a 3 or 4 year old boy. The boy would tell her he loves her n she would say “I don’t love u, I’m not ur mama” she hit him n pushed him and was just horrible. The lady snapped a pic of the woman n boy posted it to find the parents so they could know how this woman is treating this poor sweet boy. Blows my mind how ppl can treat kids. I’m sure ur kids are so uncomfortable with this sitter. She’s borderline abusing them imo

5 Likes