My Boyfriend and I Disagree with His Ex About How to Punish Their Daughter for Sneaking Out: Advice?

This is definitely none of your business.

4 Likes

Well I would let her go to work, which teaches her discipline and responsibility. But if she isn’t paying for her phone I can see taking that away. But she needs to respect hwr parents who are providing her a place to live and food to and providing a safe place for her to live. And then she does what she did is disrespectful. So sure I agree that there should be some kind of punishment. And both parents even though they r apart they should be on the same page. The girl worried both parents to death. She obvious doesn’t care about either of her parents. But now the mom is going to be the main care giver and she needs to stop being linaent because a kid will never learn what she did and she will play the parents until she is old enough to leave home. And still play both parents fir the rest of her life, until one parent says enough…

1 Like

Six months is too much, quitting her job is too much. And this is between them, stay out of it.

5 Likes

Why make her quit her job

Quitting her job is pretty extreme in my opinion.

Quitting her job? Sorry she needs that for her future. Staying home and taking things will only make her count the days she is out of your house. Instead, do The Who, what, when, where board. Give her a curfew. Actually go and see what, who, where, and when she is at. I remember my parents randomly showing up. Just to make sure I wasn’t lying. I didn’t lie. I was always where I suppose to be.

2 Likes

Making her quite her job is absolutely horrible and teaches her nothing at all.
6 months is way too long, no wounder why she would rather be with her mother.
Honestly there is nothing you can do as it’s all up to your partner and his daughters mother. The most you can do is tell him how you feel and talk about and agree on a punishment together with both of you and her mother

Your boyfriend is way too extreme. Why quitting the job? Also 6 months + punishment is ridiculous

1 Like

Why the hell would u make her quit her job. Your basically teaching her when things get tuff or she makes a wrong choice she should give up her livelihood. Got to be kidding me. Shes doing what most teenagers do unfortunately and punishing her for a long period of time will make her resent him even more.

So to teach responsibility your boyfriend wants to force her to irresponsibly quit her job? The aftermath of that being that when she applies somewhere else and they talk to her former boss they will hear “yeah she was with us until her parent forced her to quit. I don’t reccomend hiring as her parent may force her to be an unreliable employee.”

That seems unbelievably fucked up to me. And I would honestly tell my boyfriend that fucking with how employers will view her is just selfish and overbearing. And that she did the right thing going to her moms.

You are just a GIRLFRIEND. Her actual parents will handle it. Your opinion means absolutely nothing when it comes to someone else’s child. The fact you’re posting your boyfriend’s business would be a huge issue also. Extremely overbearing.

Let the step daughter be with her mother. The mother will soon realize her daughter hit et is out for Control.

I’d make her keep working, she needs to learn to be responsible.

Why would you make a teenager quit their job as punishment? Take away the one thing teaching them discipline?

Also, six months is far too long to be punished.

If the mom is as lenient as you suggest, both parents might be extreme. However, based on your statement of her disagreements, I’d say HE is the extremist.

If you take everything away she will only get worse. Tell her next time she’s free to invite the boys over, under your supervision, and she doesn’t have to sneak out. Loosen up folks.

Work should never be a punishment. The rest of the punishment depends on the parents house and beleaves

I’m sorry for people to say it’s none of her business because she is the girlfriend is inappropriate. One she may be wife on day & stepmom. I know one I was girlfriend it was may business because it is our house hold & I have other children so everyone is treated the same & Ex is well aware. This is something that needs to be addressed early on in the relationship or there is no relationship. It’s not about being their mom it’s about respect. Quitting the job is a no for me because that show lack of responsibility. Definitely no phone no friends no fun for at least a month & a conversation with those boys.

I think 6 months is a really long time. Someone suggested do it in increments…No point in taking her job away if you can. If you can I’d pick her up and take her to work but after a while…let her have some freedom maybe she will respect it .It is worrisome to me that she was with 2 boys …how old were they that their parents are angry too.

I think 6 months is a really long time. Someone suggested do it in increments…No point in taking her job away if you can. If you can I’d pick her up and take her to work but after a while…let her have some freedom maybe she will respect it .It is worrisome to me that she was with 2 boys …how old were they that their parents are angry too.