My boyfriend completely forgot my biirthday and made plans with his friends....advice?

Run. Don’t walk. If he hasn’t taken your feelings into consideration by now, I doubt he ever will. Life’s to short to feel neglected and unheard.

1 Like

No ultimatum. It’s very clear he does not have any feelings for you nor cares about you at all. Because that is absolutely not normal behavior for a person when they love someone. Not under any circumstances. He’s only with you to use you for whatever reason.
I would absolutely leave, an ultimatum will not change anything.

Leave ASAP. It is never going to get better!

Do you really need to give him an ultimatum? Sounds like he’s already showing you his true colours. Ask yourself, is that how you want to be treated for the rest of your life? If the answer is no, then it’s time to be done. :v:

There will be other missed dates too.

Ultimatum? No. Just walk away. For YEARS he’s treated you like trash? Learn your worth and leave him alone.

Well does it help that mine doesn’t care about my birthday and guess what, so don’t I Lmao

What does he need to do, drop a piano on your head?? Move on!

Have yourself a party, go to dinner with friends get a cake and absolutely don’t share, then be done with him.

Sing the song to him. Hit the road Jack…

I would just leave forever, no explanation or consideration given. You received none. He is permanently this way, or you are just not important to him . Don’t look back !

Why bother with an ultimatum? It’s okay to walk away when you’re not being treated in the way you want to be treated. It’s also okay to walk away without a specific reason. If he’s behaved this way previously, I’m not sure why you’re so mad this time.

Why put up with the disrespect. Get rid of him

Dump him, if he doesn’t care now he won’t care over the years… and the resentment you will feel will only grow. And the idc about your birthday will turn into anniversaries and holidays and family time.

Ultimatum ? Nope, it’s time to cut ties. That is not going to get better

I think you know your answer! Clearly this guy is selfish and narcissistic. If he cares then he would do for you bottom line. I was in relationships like this till I finally found the one that made me realize what I had been missing and wanting for so long. So do yourself a favor and ditch his ass I promise you will thank me later. :kissing_heart:

You already know what to do get rid of him! No excuses

Maybe he should move in with his friends

Girl. If you’re capable of doing everything on your own, tell him it’s time to go!!! A man that truly loves and appreciates you wouldn’t forget your birthday, and would make you feel soo special!! He would probably help you out around the house as well. This boyfriend of yours is used to you doing everything for him and gives you absolutely no appreciation or respect. Boy BYE!!!

He needs to growup he wants you an eat his cake too move out until he showes or respects who you are an gets eady for a life with you

Leave more fish in the sea

Never give someone an ultimatum. They showed you how much they cared already.

No I’d just leave him. Say nothing n go.

Um? No. No ultimatum. Stop wasting your time and leave.

Throw his ass out! Maybe he might wake up! You aren’t his mommy. U sound to good For him. Let him feel it ! Get the respect you deserve. He would of been canceling his friends if this was me .

NO - NO Ultimatum!!!
It’s way past TIME TO DUMP THIS NARCISSISTIC IDIOT and MOVE ON !!! HE has shown himself for what he is and has TOTALLY disrespected YOU!!! GET OUT and GET ON with your life. YOU deserve better…

Why an ultimatum? Don’t force someone to treat you right. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

Not an ultimatum maybe some self respect and not begging someone who doesn’t care about you to act right

You’ve been with this man for YEARS and he can’t even acknowledge your birthday? I’m so sorry I feel for you, but this man o visually cares less about you than the random strangers on this post.

NTA. Forget the ultimatum and just make you decision to stay or go. He’s aware of the issues and CONTINUOUSLY disregards them and you because he knows you’ll stay and put up with it. This choice is yours NOT his. He’s had plenty of chances to make better choices and doesn’t; that’s your proof. I’m sorry.

Time to walk away, sounds like he’s had enough chances, he doesn’t care - sounds like he’s taking you for a ride, sorry, coz that shouldn’t happen to anyone who is cared about

My BF told me to pick ANYWHERE I want for My Birthday Supper , He was drunk , passed out by or before 5 when I got off work, So I ordered Myself Chinese food and sat in peace & ate

Leave his sorry behind. Not going to get any better.

Nah baby it’s time to leave. I done this with my ex and it messed me up man. It isn’t even worth it. If he can’t put in enough effort for your birthday…just no. Get out now. It won’t change

Stop forcing him to be someone he’s not and move on

You deserve more and he ain’t doing enough sis

So, why are you still there?

He’s not sorry he knows exactly what he’s doing. He’s careless. Really the ball is I. Your court what are u going to do?

That man hates you. No ultimatum, just leave.

No ultimatum just get your shit And go :heart::pray:t2::heart:

He doesn’t love you baby girl and I’m sorry to say that but a man who truly loves you is going to remember the day you were born and he’s going to do what he can to make that day special regardless of money regardless of the situation He is going to do something No matter how small no matter how anything like that to make you feel important and loved on your birthday. If he doesn’t even remember the day that you were born and straight laughed in your face last year about it Love you deserve better than that and it’s time to wake up and realize that and I don’t mean that meanly But girl that man don’t love you and you deserve love. And happy birthday

And you stayed with him this long why?

Time to go mama believe it or not there is going to be someone in your life that will celebrate with you every year but if you have this man as your extra baggage it can never happen cuz he will be in the way leave him and never look back good luck

Don’t bother with an ultimatum. Pack his clothes in black trash bags and put them on the front porch and change the locks. No more conversation needed. It won’t get better. Ask me how I know.

I’m sorry but as Petty as it sounds if he can’t put your birthday before making plans to hang out with his buddies, I will drop his ass!!! It sounds like an inconsiderate a******!!!

Sorry but he’ll probably get worse. I’d end it and tell him why. He sounds selfish

Why are u still there BDay after bday

Why give the ultimatum? He obviously couldn’t care less about you. And it doesn’t matter what you do for him or or house hold. If you matter to him, you wouldn’t second guess it.

Uh, WHY are you still with him?:thinking: it appears that he doesn’t give a damn about you. You’ve tried talking to him and he obviously doesn’t care. It’s time to move on because it’s only going to go down hill. :woman_shrugging:t4:

Hes done, why are you still there?

Honestly all I want is a 'happy birthday honey" and maybe a card. That’s it. That is all. Yeah, a dinner cooked at home is nice. An agreement to delay that til the weekend is fine. But disregarding? FU buddy

Stop settling for this shit ladies. Drop the :poop:

An ultimatum?! Hell no. You’ve already had that conversation over and over. This needs to be the last straw.

Honestly should have left long time ago it’s understandable sometimes when people forget we’re only human but a human that loves you is going to feel like s*** and they’re going to try to make it up to you not just brush it off like he is I am so sorry that you are going through this. And like I said even if you don’t have much money it’s the thought that counts and obviously he’s not even thinking of you I cut your losses and move on find someone better. Before people blast me and say oh well you don’t just end a relationship it sounds like this person has tried and tried and tried and it sounds like it’s just getting worse. I know too many people like this they expect something but they give nothing in return it’s no big deal if it doesn’t involve them you try to do it to them and you’re a horrible person you don’t need something like this in your life.

sounds like he should win the championship for biggest douche burger :hamburger: . Self love is what comes into play hard core right now chica! Its time for you to do YOU​:kissing_heart:

It will never change and You can’t change who he is. I learned lesson from my first 20 year marriage.
So you have to decide if you can tolerate the behavior or not.
And girl, your self worth is not determined by how someone treats you.
When I learned my attachment style it set me free.

Girl what the hell is wrong with you. You love him more than you love yourself??? Realize how amazing you are and find someone that sees it too. As far as this parasite you have in your life time to see what his friends will do for him when he’s single, in need, and broke.

Wake up and smell the coffee he’s not that in to you you deserve better.

Time to kick this a**hole to the curb!

Ieave him already shows he doesn’t care just using you

Wow he sounds like a real dick. :flushed:

He’s already proven himself as a dickhole what more do you need?

Pit your sneakers and run away quickly

Honey Please LISTEN to this ol Bikers daughter, Pack yo shit and be GONE before he gets Home! This guy ISNT stupid, Men prioritize what important to Them. You have set the example of treatment without Any reciprocation in Return . Wanna know WHY? Because YOU have continued to STAY excepting the BARE MINIMUM while he’s receiving MAXIMUM BENEFITS . So it’s only good business to continue to do So. The Definition of Insanity is repeating the same actions expecting Different results. An Ultimatum ISNT gonna Magically Make YOUR birthday Important to HIM, It shows HIM You are at a level of Desperation to be ACKNOWLEDGED. Any Man that VALUES a Woman Dosent have to be reminded or BEGGED to celebrate HER one day a year. This guy LITERALLY Laughed in your face AND still came home to clean clothes, cooked meal, clean house and acknowledgement of a gift and card on HIS birthday. There’s no reason in asking if you should LEAVE, The Real question is, WHY in hell are You staying for? :thinking:

Why did you stay another year with someone that laughed in your face? When someone shows you who they are, believe them.