My boyfriend did a DNA test on my daughter without telling me: Do I have a right to be mad?

My boyfriend tried to DNA test our 3-week old daughter behind my back, without my permission, for a paternity test. We have been together for over a year; I’ve never cheated, or given him any reason to believe that I have. IM honest, even when I don’t have to be, and he knows that i would fight for him because when we argue, I’m always the one to try to calmly talk it out like an adult. He was going off of what a stupid friend of his said. This friend has disrespected me and wanted to break us up in the past, and now I feel like him putting in my boyfriend’s head that his daughter isn’t his is disrespectful to our daughter. And i feel like he is allowing his friend to disrespect his daughter by discrediting her authenticity. I feel like his friend’s approval is more important than his family. If he had come to me and talked about it, it would have been a different story, but he went to great lengths to try to hide this from me. Am I overreacting or do I have the right to be angry?

I would honestly be so mad and so hurt! For him to even question that would hurt me so much. And to be secretive about it. I’m sorry you’re going through this! I hope y’all can work it out.

You definitely have a right to be angry about this. He did not even come to you to talk about his concerns and went straight to get a test. To me it seems he is lacking trust somewhere for no reason. And is hanging around the wrong people if they are trying to split you guys up.

1 Like