My boyfriend doesn't like that I have male friends

I think you need drop him. Right now.

? What did you do? Did you cheat? Constantly beg for mens attention on social media? Give him any reason to be insecure? If not then leave.

1 Like

He wouldn’t be my boyfriend anymore. RUN :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

1 Like

Maybe he has some past trauma or trust issues from a past relationship? Maybe try some couples counselling and see how you go?
Sometimes trust isnt just given, its earned, and maybe that is a problem he has to deal with!
You might both benefit from counselling! I dont say this to be condescending or mean, i have severe trust issues and have been having regular sessions via phone (covid times) for a while now and i find that i look forward to those calls now because its the one person that i can talk to without zero judgement.
Goodluck, i hope it all works out for you x

3 Likes

See if he’ll go to couples counseling with you, then maybe ease him into individual counseling. It’s one thing to have had past trauma, but it’s on him that he never learned how to get past it.

If he refuses or won’t do the work, then leave.

Well? Why do you have male friends? If you want this man to be your husband then you should be concerned with his feelings and propriety.

You don’t NEED male friends. You WANT them because even if you don’t wanna bang…you feed off the sexual tension and attention they give you.

I’m ready for y’all to come at me with your “I have male friends”
Blah blah blah.

Put your husband and relationship first. If the bf is husband material then put him first.

Jesus.

5 Likes

And you feel
It’s intrusive because you want to share with everyone but him when it should be him before everyone. I know the majority of members here don’t agree your partner you come first and you should consider them but also many of the members here are in toxic af relationships or alone.

4 Likes

I think you better be single.
Nobody should act like this. Period.
I’m a Combat Vet. Most of my friends are guys. :woman_shrugging: Single, married, gay…so?? Thankfully my husband is also a combat vet and already knows.
I don’t stalk his phones or socials bc we made an agreement before we got married, we either trust each other or we don’t.
Anyone stalking you like that, male or female needs to heal before they get in a relationship.

2 Likes

Ditch that control freak, it won’t get better.

2 Likes

I feel like there is something missing re why he is insecure? If you love him try counciling, if you don’t then you don’t need to put up with it.

1 Like

Run. Don’t look back.

It think it’s very controlling of him and this is only the beginning .it’s going to be your makeup,the clothes you wear ,your girlfriends ,family even what you eat and how you clean …are you prepared for all of that because it will happen

5 Likes

Ew, leave him. That’s just going to get worse.

2 Likes

All these women telling you to haul ass instead of actually look at your behavior to see if his concerns have any validity. Which they do if you’re surrounding yourself with and disclosing your problems to other men.

The misandry in this group can be overwhelming.

Whatever you do…don’t compromise what YOU want for some man. :roll_eyes:

Myself personally when I’m in a relationship I don’t talk to men and the men don’t talk to woman out of respect unless both parties are present

5 Likes

Side note my ex was offering back rubs etc to females random females and is the one that started the oh your not loyal bs that is why I prefer neither party talks to other sex unless both parties are involved

You are in a bad relationship that’s toxic :sleepy:

2 Likes

:triangular_flag_on_post: That’s how abusive relationships start. He’s trying to control you. Run and don’t look back.

7 Likes

I give no F*’s what some damn man thinks. My three best friends are guys.

Yeah my ex did and played it off as being insecure. Insecure or not it’s invasion of privacy and showing zero respect for you as a person. It’s controlling and will most likely get worse

2 Likes

I have made friends, my husband had female friends, we can hang out with said friends even if we are both not present. Why, we trust each other, we also both knew going in that was the deal. Each relationship decides how it best functions, there’s no one size fits all. However, your man sounds a bit stalkerish and like most of the peeps in this page say :triangular_flag_on_post:

It’s ok for everyone to have friends…but it sounds like you could be insensitive about his feelings…maybe spend less time on social media and a little more time with him.

1 Like

move on this is not a trusting relationship

1 Like

Run now, it only gets worse.

1 Like

I wonder what his past relationships have been like, was he cheated on? He does have trust issues and they do need to be addressed, open communication is key in a relationship. Get him to explain why he feels the need to do what he is doing. It is not a good behaviour to have for anyone. Goodluck :heart:

Neither my partner or I have friends of the opposite sex and don’t feel the need to be friends with the opposite sex. Did you and your partner discuss before getting into a relationship what you and him were and weren’t comfortable with within a relationship? Does your partner have female friends? Would you be or are you comfortable if he does or did? If he doesn’t that’s possibly a reason why he gets upset cause he may feel there’s no need for friends of the opposite sex when in a relationship or maybe in general. Also do you monitor how long you’re on your phone? Your partner is possibly getting upset cause he feels you prioritise your phone over him. Does he spend less time on his phone than you? Or are you both the same? If you both have similar behaviours then it’s definitely an insecurity issue on his part. If that’s the case it’s something you’ll both need to talk about and work through. Ask him why he feels the way he does, see if you both can come to a middle ground. If either of you are reluctant to work it out and work through it cause you can’t try and see eye to eye then it’s best to call it quits.

Sounds like my ex, I had to stop talking to childhood friends that are brothers to me, one in Alaska one in South Dakota, we were in Washington State. I am talking friends that I have known all of my life because of my parents being friends with their parents. His excuse was men only talk to women they want to f@ck. Yet ir was ok for him to have 5 women he had been with on his friends list and talk to them on the phone regularly.

1 Like

There’s narcissistic traits

2 Likes

I’d say keep doing what ya doing, he’ll eventually come around & pick him up some ‘girls’ that are just friends with him. I’d say that’ll fix your situation. Best to you both

Toxic. Bye boy bye. We don’t put up with that many red flags in 2022. Let’s normalize recognizing red flags and leaving those men to grow on their own. This is not our emotional labor to provide nor our emotional trauma to take on.

3 Likes

Controlling…if he is only your bf…go find someone who you can trust and he can trust you. Never give up friends and family for in insecure little boy. Sorry huge red :triangular_flag_on_post:

3 Likes

You have a bad past relationship? Maybe. You have a bad current relationship? Yes!

That is controlling behavior. He will guilt you into ending friendships with other guys, then girls, then family, until all you have is him.

Save yourself a lot of mental abuse and pain. Tell him to kick rocks!

A relationship needs trust, honest and communication in order to thrive. If he doesn’t trust you, he has bigger issues than you having male friends.

And let’s not even talk about the stalker behavior!

Get out, now. Please.

1 Like

Girl run! He’s controlling & insecure. It’s only gonna get worse. You deserve better

3 Likes

He seems too controlling. I get feeling uncomfortable having the opposite sex as your friend but has he met them? Hung out with y’all? Sometimes that makes them more comfortable. If he flat out refuses even after seeing your friends are friends then I would consider moving on. Also the checking everything you like? That’s pretty controlling and no one will be happy with the outcome. Your going to not like a post because it’ll upset him is just weird to me. Plus I heard a saying that if they are doing that then they have something to hide :woman_shrugging:

He’s obviously insecure and it seems like he doesn’t trust you basically he has issues

1 Like

Intrusive? No. Controlling, definitely. RUN while you can, don’t look back. Learn from the experience.

Have u given him a reason to check everything? If not then tell him to have a Kit Kat and chill tf out.

Get rid of him . Problem solved. You’re welcome :rofl:

1 Like

It’s a respect thing. He may have past trauma from being cheated on. Help him work through the trauma and reassure him. Have several get togethers. Make sure you are making clear boundaries with said friends and not coming off as flirtatious. Also, be honest with yourself are you unattracted to all of them or are they a backup?.

7 Likes

Will get worse. Get rid

2 Likes

Dump him. Without trust there is no relationship. Nothing but misery will come staying with someone that toxic.

1 Like

Get rid of him… WAY too controlling=abusive

Honey, I’m gona lay it out straight for you. You’re in another bad relationship!

3 Likes

Leave. Trying to control you

1 Like

He’s a Man, & knows how men can be!!! Hormones are kicking!!!

1 Like

Thats like obsessive…pretty controlling. I couldnt stay with someone like that. It honestly sounds like he has a guilty conscience… What is he looking at, liking, etc on his social media??

2 Likes

Omg the peace you will feel when your out of that will be immense . I’m sorry " is there something you’d like to tell me"
“Ye there is actually Fuck off”

is he really a friend???

He’s jealous and jealousy is no good for a relationship. Dump him

1 Like

All these people saying dump him. I’m ashamed. Have you sat down and talked with him on why he does all this? He might have some trauma from past relationships himself and that’s why he does the things he does. Maybe talk to him and tell him it makes you feel a certain way. If it doesn’t stop or gets worse and things don’t change then leave. But try to discuss it with him and see what might be going on with him. A man who talks it out and fixes his mistakes to be better is a man that isn’t worth leaving:) but don’t stay in something if it doesn’t change

6 Likes

I think he’s insecure and could be a problem . :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

2 Likes

I think your about to get trauma in this one to.look up red flags for abusive relationships.

1 Like

I think it’s toxic and you need to leave him.

I agree he’s looking into your stuff and controlling you don’t you see that. Move out on and upward NOW

Does he look at women’s posts? If he’s tripping on that imagine the senerio when your out with him and A guy looks at you. He’s either going to try and fight the guy, or make you feel like your a whore cause you probably screwed him or you plan to. That’s just one speck of sand in the ocean of crap you will deal with in a controlling relationship. Just saying.

Get the hell out of that relationship total control freak an is not going to get better but worst even death

I think he has a lot of control issues and to much free time

Red flags EVERYWHERE.

2 Likes

How old are you may I ask? I would tell him he is being a clingy twatwaffle and is pissing you off. He is trying to permeate every fiber of your being and leave you with NO room to breath outside of his bubble. This coming from my own personal experience. He will be trying to hack into your personal E-mail account and want to know how much money you have in the bank next probably. Run. Him. Off.

Usually the accuser is the abuser. It’s called projection. And your right to see it as a red flag.

3 Likes

He’s cheating on you.

My husband is like that…I left him because he started what ended up a physical altercation over someone I had on my friends list that I had hooked up with 15 damn years ago.

time to cut this man loose