My boyfriend gets mad that I talk to my ex about our kids: Advice?

I have two beautiful daughters in their teens, and I am feeling very overwhelmed lately. I have been separated from their father for 10+ years and have been in a new relationship for 2+ years. Anyway, getting to the point I need to know how to kindly tell him to back off when it comes to how I interact with my teenage girl’s father, he gets jealous and acts like a child when he sends me messages. But here’s the deal, I had three beautiful children with the guy, and I lost my 15 yr old son back in 2015, and we never were the same as individuals, so I still try to keep our son’s memory alive by sending each other’s pictures or words of encouragement. With that being said, my current guy gets jealous that we still talk about the kids from time to time. I don’t have any children with the current guy, and he’s never had his own ever, am I being to mean or is he too sensitive?

3 Likes

You and your ex have children together and went through a horrible experience losing a child. Your current relationship needs to understand that and accept that there will still be necessary interactions. I also think that you are not with your ex, your intimate conversation and relational interactions should be reserved for the person you are in a relationship with. Decide what what is most important to you and your children and perhaps have a conversation with your current relationship to talk out needs and insecurities to find a collaborative solution.

2 Likes

Thinking of his feelings not yours. If he can’t get over it, particularly in light of the loss you suffered, that is your future.

No sounds like he needs to grow up. I love seein that even through tragedy y’all didn’t work together your still strong separate

3 Likes

He’s too sensitive… If he gets mad that you communicate with the father of your children about the kids, it’s a red flag. He should’ve known that coming into the relationship, that the father of your children will always be around, for the simple fact y’all share kids together.

3 Likes

He sounds like a Narc, I’m sure this isn’t his only issue

He needs to man up or you need to move on

Um if u have kids together, je needs to realize u CAN’T just cut him out of ur life. SMH

1 Like

He doesn’t get to be jealous…period. Once a man/woman enters a relationship where there are children, they should understand right off the bat that healthy co-parenting is more important than their jealous insecurities. Tell him to get over it or get gone…

3 Likes

Leave that man child

Tell him he has to deal with it or he can leave!!! You should have a great relationship with your children’s father and if this guy is too immature to accept that then he should not get involved with a woman with kids, period!!!

2 Likes

He’s being a little bitch. Tell him to get the fuck over it or leave him.

3 Likes