My boyfriend hasn't told his mom about me: Advice?

Hmm … my first reaction is that you should talk to your boyfriend … but who knows the type of relationship they have. Maybe he doesn’t want his mom to know… And maybe it’s for the best?!

If your kids are the problem then you should look for a partner who is ok with them. We can’t change people but we can change the way we lead our life. Your kids matter, a partner do, but much less than your kids.

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:its not his mother’s relationship. If his mother has this much of a judgemental impact on your relationship before you’ve even met her, it ain’t gonna change​:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

Maybe find out the real reason he doesn’t want to talk to his mom… could be a whole different issue that has nothing to do with you

He’s a mommy’s boy get you a new one

Oh for heaven’s sake… You are just a girlfriend… You have 2 kids that are not his…Have you ever thought about that He is evaluating you first before bringing you around the most important person in his life…8 months is nothing compared to a possible lifetime… not everyone brings the person they are dating around their family unless it is serious… stop being selfish of your wants and start thinking about his…

6 Likes

I’m surprised ur kids met him in less than 8 months but that’s another story. Personally I wouldn’t look to far into it. R u living together? If yes then I would see ur point if not it’s still really early in the relationship.

1 Like

He may not have a good relationship with his mum. I’ve been married twice and my parents only ever met my first husband a year after we were married. They could live a long way away and its not always cheap or convenient to travel. I would not read too much into it. If you have met other people in his life great. But If not again people also need to feel comfortable with you first before making a big song and dance. Maybe he had a really bad relationship in past and is scared it won’t last. There is very little information given here.

You do have to think about you and your kids first. Think is this I want my boy’s to treat their women (girlfriends).
There’s automatically two ways to look at things. But if you have to ask 10 months in. Move on.
I raised three boys alone. And I raised them the way a (women) person should be treated. And give up a little of my personal life was worth every second.
My boys are grown men today. And to this day I get complemented on how respectful and mannerly they are.
My boys have never hit a women. And they’ve run across women who were used to getting hit.
Also I didn’t meet my boys partners until it was serious. Me I believe that’s being respectful. But 10 that’s a long time.

Think of your boys if not for anyone else…
Good luck…