My boyfriend lied to me about talking to his ex: Am I overreacting?

Nope. I would still insist upon seeing the snapchat. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Nooooope. You already know the answer, you don’t need us to validate you.

1 Like

Not at all. Once you lie, all your truths become questionable.

3 Likes

Do not move with him.

7 Likes

Not at all- without honesty there is no trust- without trust there is no relationship.

7 Likes

Personally I think you’re right, it’s not the relationship for you. I prefer my relationships to have open communication and access or it doesn’t work for me. Does that mean I have all of my husband’s social media on my phone and I’m constantly going thru it? No, but it does mean I can pick up his phone any time if I choose. It’s okay to need that but your partner has to understand that and be okay with that as well. He seems like he’s a liar and I wouldn’t be moving states with my child.

6 Likes

Ahhh thy ole pity ex story….I used that very line on my ex​:sweat_smile::joy:

2 Likes

If you feel he has betrayed you with a lie in that way you don’t need us to tell you what to do. You need to remember your worth and decide whether he meets the behaviour your worth requires

1 Like

My ex married his “just friend”

5 Likes

If it was just as a friend he wouldn’t have hid it

7 Likes

I don’t think that was a coincidence.

Woman worst then FBI LOL wen we wanna know we wanna know i would of did the same as you , he wouda ben ****** if it be me for lying n obeying to give it cuz he knew he was hidding stuff

Nope. But more because you felt the need to ‘test’ him and were unable to respect his request for privacy, than because of the ex girlfriend thing. Not that he should have lied but if you’re the sort of person to ‘test’ it’s evident you have trust or more likely control issues which is something you should work out yourself before being in any relationship. It’s quite possibly the reason he lied to you too if this is not the first such incident and he knew you’d react badly. Not defending his behaviour, just giving some perspective. Absolutely not ok to demand any social media passwords and frankly it’s concerning to see the amount of comments where people think it is. Any relationship that doesn’t allow each person to keep their own identity is toxic and doomed to fail.

3 Likes

And you’re still with him why?

1 Like

Nope. You need honesty and respect first and foremost!

I am gonna say she may had used bad words with “testing him” apparently she had a feeling that something was off, asked him then was told no, she was insecure, but later “he admitted the truth” also, been there & done that. That definitely isn’t the entire truth :100:, definitely isn’t why he didn’t want her to see snap, yet he knew she would buy that and completely focus on that instead of saying “show me” idk what it is, but it’s definitely not that ONE call. That. I’d bet money on. I have also dated someone EXTREMELY insecure and controlling, so definitely respect privacy. However, if I was with someone that asked me, I’d give it to them ONCE maybe TWICE, bc it’s also natural for anyone to be anxious or unsure at times ESPECIALLY if a BIG MOVE is ahead, as in literally moving states, marraige, ect… blows my mind at ppl calling her manipulative or controlling without knowing. She very well could be, but to me sounds like she knew something, but couldn’t put a finger on it, so she asked, then was lied to bc she was correct :woman_shrugging:t3: AGAIN, I have been with insecure/controlling/bipolar anger issues… as well, in THAT case I was being badgered NON STOP bc he was worried I was doing the same thing to him. If she is doing this constantly then, yeah… I agree, but if it was a bad feeling and she had the nerve and self respect to JUST ASK, than good for her.

5 Likes

Move on he’s a cheater

Cut Bait and Run. You must have known something was smelling fishy to begin with,
If his friend had a crisis fine, we all have a story, BUTT
He hid it ! Why ?
Do not move or relocate , Do not disrupt your child’s life, move forward , seriously !!
People with nothing to hide , Hide Nothing!!!
There’s much more to this fable , if I had to place a bet it’s a common thread to “Talk “ to his friend , his X .
Yeah… Nope !
Cut the Line !
I’m telling ya this will go South and prob fast if you move with him.
Moving requires stability with a toddler , your not getting it here. Love yourself , love your baby Do You !

He definitely had more of a conversation then just friendly if he was that worried about it. :triangular_flag_on_post:

3 Likes

I’ve been with my husband 31 years…I’ve never asked for his passwords…checked his wallet…went into his phone…etc. Y’all need to stop with the invasion of privacy…if you dont trust him move on

6 Likes

Leave now. He’s shady. Liar. And still has feelings for the ex

I’m confused what did he lie about?? I’m just looking at he didn’t wanna give u the password and argued with u but maybe I can’t read what was the lie??

5 Likes

Okay so myself personally I would have asked why you wanted it. If you explained that you just wanted to be sure before moving then, yes, I would give passwords but, I would explain that “hey, out if the blue my ex called and we chatted. We ended on good terms and haven’t had contact with each other since the break up so it was out of the blue and I thought something bad may have happened”. I’m sorry, if that may have upset you but, I promise there was no ill-will.

The fact that he got angry and name calling then, doing a complete 360 and giving her the passwords says that he might have deleted things and used the argument as a distraction to buy time to get rite of the evidence.

7 Likes

I think it’s a red flag that he’s the one his ex calls to talk about her relationship.
Cut him off.

5 Likes

If it’s platonic why hide it and try to argue his way out of it? He needs to man up and be truthful.

2 Likes

Naw smart girl!! Follow your instinct

1 Like

I think you’re a little insecure. He knows this… and this is why he probably said no to your snooping… I mean “testing”. Is this a relationship you want to keep?? Then sit down together and have an honest conversation.

3 Likes

No, you’re not. Go with your gut and just go

2 Likes

You’re not overreacting.

1 Like

So to everyone saying why get his password and invade his privacy?
Because she is planning a future with this man and moving her and her child to a different state to be with him. She has every right to find more out about his personal life! If he wasn’t doing anything wrong then he’d not have a problem giving the password and wouldn’t have hesitated. He was gaslighting you. Red flags everywhere. I think you made the right decision and I’m glad you found out before you moved. Good luck.

7 Likes

Good for you ,stand strong for you and your little one.

Why do some females always feel the need the “test” their partners? 1. If you do that, clearly you don’t trust him so leave the relationship and 2. Once you have conducted your test, you already have put it in your head that he’s up to no good, so why bother wasting his and your time. Where are the old school relationships when trust is built and nurtured through 2 people and if issues arise then said people sit down and talk and decide what is best? Do we just not do things like this anymore?

6 Likes

Who ever laughs at this is just disgusting. Everyone has there days so when they have their days. Laugh at them. Maybe they shouldn’t be in mommas group. They are truly not supporting and in trying to give good advice.

As to the post. Don’t move. It’s hard to set your heart aside, but you have to. His past hard times should be left in the passed like yours. If they keep coming back and he welcomes it…….do you. You are worth the women you are and show your daughter. I did it you can too. Thank god my husband found me. Cause they was not looking lol. Seriously. You can do it. I promise

2 Likes

That’s his other gf let’s be real

You’re not overreacting move on

1 Like

You demanded password -1you, he told the truth +1 him, he is the type that can have amicable breakups and doesn’t have to Haye his ex + for him,
Why didn’t you trust him? Is it something he did or ghost from the past?
He knew you didn’t want him talking to her and went behind your back is bad but I mean had they been talking constantly or just recently when she needed him?

Over reaction MAXIMA!!! IMO…do you have PMT? Hormones out of whack can cause stupidity in relationships…

2 Likes

He hasn’t lied because you never asked him if he was on the phone to her.?? He probably knew how you’d react & to him it wasn’t worth the argument

2 Likes

If he communicated and told you about the situation I would say he’s just being a nice person but the fact he didn’t, lied and then only told you when you asked is a massive red flag!!!

6 Likes

If you feel insecure with this relationship let him go himself. Give him a few weeks then see if she has moved down with him,go by your instincts

1 Like

Why wouldn’t he just tell u straight away- oh what’s her name called me last night because of ‘reason’

A little heads up.

If he hid it to begin with he new it was wrong.

3 Likes

Snapchat a huge red flag!

1 Like

I am friends with every single one of my exes. Even from middle school to high school. Same boyfriend, but still.:joy: I dated 2 other guys before I met my now ex husband and dating a guy now for the past 6 years. I am friends with all 4 of them! Do we talk everyday and all the time? Hell no! Do I want them back? Hell no! Do we catch up? Yes! We have all moved on and have our own lives. I was a great girl and did every single dumping because either suspect of cheating or I just knew he wasn’t the one. 20 years later my ex of 20 years ago finally admitted he did in fact cheat! I knew it, but couldn’t prove it. I went with my gut and I was right. So go with your gut. He might be telling the truth or…… he’s lying. You know him better than any of us. Good luck either way.

2 Likes

I just got paid $7623 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that’s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $ 12069 her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less.

This is what I do… https://NethomeJobs40.pages.dev/

I am married and friends with 99 perfect of my ex’s. I give introduced them to my husband and most have become his friends. He trust me and I trust him. I would not have married him if I wanted one of them. Your boyfriend probably knew how you would react so that’s why he kept that a secret. Grow up ! Trust him, maybe even get to know her, she may be a nice person. So and I am also friends with some of his ex’s to.

I’m sorry, if you have to ask, you know the answer

3 Likes

I don’t beleave that he’s hiding somthing

I just got paid $7623 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that’s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $ 12069 her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less.

This is what I do… https://NethomeJobs54.pages.dev/

He can’t be her shoulder to cry on anymore. Time for her to move on . He is with you now. They both should know that and respect you. I’d be upset

13 Likes

No, you’re not overreacting. Don’t listen to people saying you need to grow up or that you just need to trust a man that doesn’t want you to have a social media password or that you need to blindly trust a man that talks to exes about relationship problems. Especially if it is a boundary for you. He should have been straight with you and told you he talked with her. I would never trust a man that said I was being insecure, your partners job is to make you feel secure. Obviously your gut is telling you something and you should always follow your gut.

7 Likes

If you guys had to argue about a password all day, then the answer is right there. If there was nothing to hide and be worried about then he should have been straight from the very beginning and let you in on what was going on. No secrets big or small.
A man that is in it wholeheartedly would never leave his woman guessing and vice versa.

2 Likes

He ONLY told you bc you asked for his pw. I’m sure that wasn’t the first or last time he talked to her. :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

9 Likes

Nope. You and your child come first

1 Like

He’s lying about the lie he told. You better stay where you’re at.

4 Likes

It does make me angry when they think they need to keep their ex relationships a secret. Does it have to be a freaking secret. I got told it has nothing to do with me and they have known them longer. Big fucking deal. Then they’re yours go be with them and get the f out. They shouldn’t be a secret. Your friends when you’re with someone shouldn’t be a secret. I’m sick of it. N I don’t need NEED to be friends with them either but that doesn’t mean you need to make secret phone calls with them. You don’t spend secret time with them. And moat definitely don’t take trips with them that you lie about being with anyone. My husband did this. But he called her everyday in the morning when I was asleep. He went to out of state with her to see his family while I was pregnant with his second child. It the lies and secrets. And the kicker is she knew about me. She had me blocked on everything. Like how I suppose to trust her when she blocks a stranger. I’m still having trust issues I’m working through. I don’t feel like it’s something I have to leave him for. I have no proof he cheated, just that he lied. And I know he lied because he thought I’d have a problem with his relationship with her. Which I don’t believe I would have had I known about it and if I had known he was that close to her yes I’d want to meet her. But now after years of lies and she blocked me knowing all about me. Yes I now have a problem with how she also handled it. Very childish. I can’t trust her. I don’t live with my own husband the father of 3 living and 2 angels because of this mess. My advice would be not to move in with him until he’s able to not keep secrets from you. It is your business if you’re going to be with him. If he has no interest in her then he’ll have conversation in front of you with her . You’re not a child. He shouldn’t have anything to hide. I don’t like mystery in my relationships.

Hell no, you’re not overreacting. The fact that he felt the need to lie about it to you, tells me he knew he was doing something you wouldn’t feel comfortable with yet he did it anyway and then chose to make you feel like you’re crazy and insecure by lying about it. She has other people she can call to cry about her bf cheating but she chose to call her ex. There’s a reason for that. If they were “just friends” then why lie about it?? That’s sneaky shit and you don’t need to move you and your child to another city to be with someone who can’t be a man and be honest with you. You deserve honesty and respect.

Nah see that’s why I hate Snapchat. It’s literally a gateway for cheaters.

5 Likes

You don’t trust him, It’s over. Once you want the password it’s done!.

8 Likes

My grandma used to say a shoulder to cry on is a dick to ride on :woman_shrugging: I would not be okay with that .

Sounds like you were suspicious in the first place and that there were other red flags…

Red flag, and if you have to ask. You know the right answer.

4 Likes

Huge red flags! No trust . Secrets etc etc

1 Like

Why did you ask for his password anyway? Sounds like you already didn’t trust him. That, by itself, shows you don’t need to move with him.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with going into your partners accounts but I think if you felt the need to or to “test” him you already knew you couldn’t trust him. I feel like if your looking in someone’s phone or accounts you will always find something to be pissed about.
I don’t think you are overreacting to being mad. Did you know that him and his ex were still friends? Is he usually open and honest with you? Do you get insecure easily and have trust issues from past relationships and let that hinder your view of your current relationship? If he would have told you right away would you have been cool with it? If not, you should sit down and discuss boundaries with him with what you expect from him and vice versa. Good luck!

4 Likes

If you feel the need to get into his accounts, the trust was already gone

2 Likes

I have been seeing people posting good comments about Lisa jennifer, I never knew her strategy was good as this, she has changed the life of so many traders today through her strategy and guardian.
Contact her.:gem:

I want to use this opportunity to tell investors out that Mrs Lisa Jennifer is legit and trustworthy account manager in binary option trade still.
I just had to post this because it would be ungrateful of me to keep this achievement to myself. I just received my second payout after investment and I am so happy to announce that I have seen a genuine account manager who transform my entirely family. I’m grateful Mrs Lisa Jennifer you can contact her on Facebook

My joy knows no bound right now,Mrs Lisa Jennifer has really been so kind to me and everyone out there she also helps, and i know how it feels to help people. With my investment start up capital plan I earned my desired amount after 5 days. And right now my finance is back on track and I can now afford the car i have been hoping to buy all thanks to my
Bitcoin account manager
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

I never believe it can come out this way so far with my manager Mrs Lisa Jennifer,I just want to use this medium to say thank you for all your good knowledge of management I personally receive my Cash out yesterday , I’m so much grateful for adding much value to my account yesterday ma’am …you can reach her via

am always happy with the perfect trade have gone through with the help of a young lady Mrs Lisa Jennifer… At first it was so stressful but at the end it was fantastic she has made me understand the fact that money is for smart people so i followed her strategies and now am coming out with a flying colors💯 i love this manager she’s the only one i can trust… You can reach now

I think your reaction is correct

I knew bitcoin was real, but I was afraid to invest because of the stories i heard about people being scammed…then my friend told me about Mrs Lisa jennifer I reluctantly tried her and behold…I wish I’d known her earlier. I’m not begging or convincing anyone to invest, but if you have to let it be Mrs Lisa jennifer Contact her via Facebook link below…:point_down::point_down::point_down:

Bad sign cut him off

When you work with a trustworthy Account Manager who trades with the right broker, you are sure to succeed in bitcoin mining / binary options trading. I am happy that I finally came out with my first successful withdrawal, although it was difficult for me at first if not for the great help from Mrs Lisa jennifer, I am so happy to have found my mentor and I still look forward to more successful withdrawals. You can contact her through this link

No your not follow your gut

Not at all. Dump
Him and move on and then don’t snoop with the next guy.

Password for snap chat? Am i missing something :confused:

Girl…if you have doubts now, things aren’t looking so great. Get out now before you get too invested :cry: