My boyfriend wants to be "just friends"...but I am pregnant...advice?

Some of the women in these comments are spiteful and angry and it really shows

1 Like

Don’t tell him in a cute way tell him "we won’t be friends because we’ll be co- parents. "

Probably cause there’s someone else in the picture he wants to mess around with

7 Likes

He doesnt have to be with you to raise a baby together

Honestly, tell him no to being friends. Tell him you can coparent the baby but beyond that…No. He wants to be “just friends” for a reason. Tell him you’re pregnant, end things with him, and focus on you and baby. That’s it. Coparent when baby is born but anything more…nope

1 Like

He can still be a good dad even tho u ain’t together u need to tell him , friends could work for baby’s sake aleast to have both parents talking

If wasn’t a trap when he laid you down. Be real with him. Not like you just woke up pregnant. Ppl can think what they want, maybe go to the doc first so you have info and can prove you’re not lying or just trying to keep him in the picture longer

1 Like

Just tell him, you saying friends and I pregnant :pregnant_woman: buddy

So if he just wants to b amigos well what changed did this happen out of da blue? … TELL him anyways!

Just tell him! And take it from there good or bad

Get an abortion and let him leave. Safe you and that baby a life long of problems.

8 Likes

Above everything else, take your time and think it over. He isn’t feeling it with you, that sucks. It hurts, but you have a choice. If he doesn’t want to be a father, don’t make him. You can either take him to court for child support and possible visitation, or skip that altogether. No child support, BUT, no ties to someone who may not feel like stepping up all the way.

Take a little while to think about this, even if it’s over a few months. Better headspace and less stress for you means healthier kiddo in the long run. And if you aren’t feeling a child by yourself, that is fully your choice.

You need to go be seen for your pregnancy and be tested for std’s, if he suddenly wants to deploy the parachute on your intimate relationship status and downgrade it to “friends” then its statistically very likely he’s already upgraded someone else’s status

1 Like

I was madly inlove with my partner was together around 8 month and I was pregnant, we split qhen I was pregnant qe argued but qe also got along for babys sake, he was also there at every scan and also in the room while I gave birth, he stayed at the hospital from morning and even through the night while I was being induced and also spent everyday for the 2 weeks he was off work while I had the baby and then came round every bight after work, when she got to about 4 month old he started having her over night once a week and seeing her everyday after work, we even went for a weekend away in Blackpool together qhen we wasn’t even together with the baby. He was addimant we wasn’t getting back together, then when baby was around 13 month old qe got back together and still together now and now have a 7 hear old and a 3 year old.

Not saying happy relationship comes from it all the time but yoy xna co parent and both be the best at it and still get along with each other so well!!!

Do yourself a huge favor. Don’t tell him about the baby & move on without him. I’m going to get slack for this. But idk. If you tell him about the baby he’s going to feel like he has to stay with you. But hell cheat & never be the partner you need.

1 Like

My grandson has been going through similar situation. When he found out his girlfriend was expecting, he was incredibly excited for them to be a family. A few weeks in she broke up with him and just wanted to be friends. He refused to be deleted from his child’s life, went to OB appointments and was present for her birth. He hoped that she would change her mind, but that hasn’t happened. He changed jobs to be close to his daughter, goes after work to spend the evening with her, keeps her on his day off while mom is working, etc. It has been a struggle because mom finds excuses to limit his time with his daughter; but he continues to show up. Co-parenting is more than just being friends, but at least give him the opportunity to rethink the relationship.

7 Likes

If you tell him and he stays with you, you’ll know why. He already said he doesn’t want you.
If you’re okay being a single mom keep the baby if not, you don’t have to.

You tell him youre pregnant.
A baby won’t make a man stay.
You let him do what he was gunna do anyways.
You both figure out a game plan for raising a baby if you’re choosing to keep it.
No matter how you feel about eachother, the kid comes first.

Get an attorney quick, get DNA , sue for child support. He gonna bail on you for sure. Seen it many times before.

Him wanting to be just friends normally means he’s looking else where no or already found someone else soo yeah be prepared for that if it were me I just did it on my own and didn’t tell him for a while when I did tell him he acted like it wasn’t his kid ect was running around doing what ever she passed away but in a way it spared her the pain I would have caused her by picking a horrible dad who would not have been their for her it tore me to pieces losing her but she’s no longer in pain and I’m not doing co parenting - or explaining to my child why she doesn’t have a dad but other kids do :persevere::pensive:

Tell him but I would not be in relationship with him that would end bad for both of you

Get proof of the pregnancy first and then tell him so he doesn’t think you’re lying. Just because he wants to be friends doesn’t mean he can’t be a dad.

Just leave and stop talking to him and don’t even tell him your pregnant. Believe me you will thank me later

I’d get checked for stds,obviously he doesn’t believe In them

Don’t wait to tell him. If you wait he might think the baby isn’t his.
Accept that he wants space but tell him now. Get a pregnancy confirmation and due date on paper from your dr and give it to him. Then, don’t attempt to contact him and let him have some time and space to process.
Focus on yourself and your baby. Try to remain positive because your emotional state directly affects your baby and it’s brain is developing.

1 Like

Him wanting to be just friends should not have any impact on whether or not you should tell him that you are pregnant. Tell him you are pregnant and that you just want him to coparent his child with you. If he tells you that he doesn’t want to be involved in the child’s life, then you need to evaluate your options.

2 Likes

Talk to him, tell him, sooner than later, you’re good without the relationship but that he is going to be a dad. Your focus needs to be on you and your child now.

This is actually a good thing. As much as it may hurt, you know how he truly feels. Lots of people are only together for the kids and if that’s the case it will never work out and you’ll both be unhappy. So if he were to try and say “Oh ok well that changes things.” You can say “No, it doesn’t. We will co-parent and I will still find the man I deserve.” Stay civil for the baby and yes, be friends.

He likely is interested in seeing someone else and letting you down easy. I would give it some time… Focus on your future and building a life with your baby. Avoid drama and stress. In a couple months when you are stable let him know you are pregnant and he is the father

Why does he want to be just friends all of a sudden? I would definitely tell him you’ve missed your period or something. Talk to him there has to be reasons

I’d tell him but I wouldn’t let him stay with me. If he says he wants to be together it’s gonna be because you are pregnant and that will never fulfill either of you. Friends can coparent awesomely.

Keep for self if he is not interested

Just tell him. I wouldn’t make it a cute thing I would just go to your appointments or have like proof your actually pregnant so he can’t say you’re faking it and I would hand him the paperwork or tests and be like so yeah this wasn’t how I had planned on telling you but I am pregnant and you’re going have a child. Wait until you’re ready to tell him too don’t rush it.
Leave it at that. Don’t suggest him being a father or anything else right away. You guys will have plenty of time to talk about all that.

Don’t even discuss the relationship stuff at this point honestly. I know you’re hurt and confused and I’m sure he has “reasons” he decided to “be friends” and you need to leave that out of it and figure out the pregnancy and baby stuff and make that the focus for now. Focus on you yourself and baby. That’s it. Get some hobbies or something to distract yourself.

Act like your cool and everything wit break up and wait for a week or 2 to tell him if U don’t want him thinking Ur trapping him … Break up and pregnancy will b 2 diff things or say Oka but just to let U no their isn’t a us but their is a baby be in baby life or U can walk away x

Just tell him he is going to be a dad and that you want him to understand this is not you trying to trap him and you understand he doesn’t want to be with you but y’all are going to have to co-parent and yes be “friends” for the baby sake

1. Do you want a baby?
    Does he?
    Important question.
    If not: There are many options here, zero judgement.

2. If you do: let him know you are willing to be friends but that you need him willing to co parent.

3. If he doesn’t: the choice is up to you to be a parent or not. You are not limited.

Do what’s best for you and him by having a firm adult conversation about it. If he doesn’t want a relationship anymore, accept it with grace. It sucks but, You can’t make someone love you back.

yes at least 18 years unless there is much higher education costs coming up. He can pay up too.

A lie by omission is still a lie. Tell him ASAP but also let him know it’s fine if you are just friends.

Did you find out by blood test if so it will have the date they you received the results back and if you tell him you can say ‘I was going to wait for a more happy way to share the news but, I thought it’s better that you know asap since you said what you said’ and then give him a copy of the blood test result.

Or, you could cut all contact with him and raise the baby on your own.

This decision is something only you could make but, he could take you to court later on if he finds out and it will be more in his favour if he has never been violent towards you.

I’m gonna tell OP what everyone else is dancing around: it’s ok to get an abortion and it might be the best option for you. You’re scared and alone, freshly alone at that, and it’s gonna be a whoooooole bunch of shit to deal with. For the rest of your life. Babies and toddlers are hard even with a great partner, they’re insanely difficult alone. There’s no guarantee he would even be involved. A judge can’t and won’t make someone take parenting time, and we all know how many fathers dodge child support. Unless you have a very strong support system outside of him, it’s going to suck. For everyone. Keep your options open.