My boyfriend will not change my cat litter

He’s an a hole. Sorry. It’s really not the big a deal to change the litter for you, imo.

5 Likes

Changing cat litter can be harmful if you are pregnant send him factual info and educate his dumbass

Wear gloves and a mask and do it yourself. Wash your hands, with soap, when done. You’ll be fine

11 Likes

Sorry, but he’s a freaking loser.

10 Likes

Sounds like he is an immature jerk. :woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

He doesn’t live there and they aren’t his? Put on some gloves and a mask and it takes 30 seconds

21 Likes

It’s your cat and your place. Change the litter. Also:
“If you have to change the litter yourself, do it once a day. It takes one to five days for the litter to become infectious.
Wear gloves while changing kitty litter or gardening.
Wash your hands thoroughly afterward.
Avoid eating raw or undercooked meat – experts estimate about half of toxoplasmosis infections are caused that way.”

15 Likes

It’s not him who is toxic here. Please look for an alternative (your family or friends) to clean the litter tray. He doesn’t like cats, not his cats, not his responsibility.
You can’t decide that he won’t take good care of his baby just because he doesn’t clean your cats’ litter tray… duh!!! :roll_eyes:

20 Likes

I have cats, I changed their litter myself during pregnancy. I wore a mask, gloves and washed my hands afterwards. It’s not difficult…

40 Likes

It’s not his cat. To say you worry about him not treating your future CHILD right bc he won’t change YOUR cat box is ridiculous. YTA

20 Likes

Not his cats and he also despises them and doesn’t live there. One of my pregnancies I was surrounded by cats, cleaned liter boxes all the time and have a healthy almost 10 year old boy, it’s not that big of a deal, it’s just an excuse.

13 Likes

Mask and gloves and wash your hands well with an antibacterial soap afterwards you’ll be ok
Sorry he’s acting like this
Is he not used to cats this could be why

1 Like

If he won’t change the litter, he ain’t gonna change diapers either! Good luck with him :axe:

16 Likes

Seriously next him. I know it sounds like a stupid thing but bounce now! You’ll be happier with someone else later. After the new mother shock wears off.

3 Likes

Does he have a fear of cats? Some people do but you can still Change a litter box. Just do it daily & wash hands thoroughly.

1 Like

You can’t compare a pet to a child. He is right it is your cat. If you can’t do it and he won’t then you need to hire someone.

7 Likes

All of these young girls supporting your neglector are ignorant. Pregnant women are not supposed to handle cat litter, EVER, says smart doctors. Put your babies first.

9 Likes

I changed my cats litter box during all my pregnancies… I just proper measures such as gloves and mask over mouth and nose… never had a problem

3 Likes

Put on gloves & mask & do it yourself. If it’s that dangerous, board them until after you give birth. To say he won’t be a good father because of this is just dumb since his actions already prove he takes care of his mother

3 Likes

Have you asked him ? Or just demanded ? Does he know the risks to you and the baby ?
You can do it with safety protocols in place

8 Likes

I have cats n did it all while i was pregnant and everything turned out fine. Just wear a mask and gloves if too worried.

5 Likes

I get both sides. Hard one tbh. He could at least respect your concern but I also don’t think it should be used to predict his parenting capabilities.

4 Likes

Sounds like your first lesson in parenting. Don’t rely on anyone else because at the end of the day it will be solely on you to provide for your child. That starts with making appropriate arrangements for your animal/s. It is not anyone else’s responsibility to care for your pets.

10 Likes

I changed the cat litter when I was pregnant both times. I have a healthy 7 and 2 year old. And if they are your cat then it’s your problem not his. Shouldn’t have any animals if you can’t take care of them.

12 Likes

You shouldn’t have to beg him to help you with this. You are right to question his actions and he’s inability to do stuff he hates. He’s going to hate getting up or changing poop diapers too but you do it because it needs to be done and it helps you out. That’s part of relationship stuff. Save your breath, You can’t make anyone do anything. I’d be having discussions about how this going to work. You are going to be doing 98% of it all since he’s not there. See if he has anything he’s looking forward too or ideas to help because otherwise you are a single parent. You can change litter yourself too. It’s not going to be that awful unless you are spending hours in their poo. Do it quick wash your hands. Talk about what your worried about.

Wear gloves. Put on a mask. Wash your hands.

Do you think single moms that have cats just dont change the box for 40 weeks?

You’re asking him to take care of cats that aren’t his that he doesn’t like and comparing it to your child that is his that he will probably like? He probably knows you can easily do it yourself safely.

22 Likes

U can always wear a respirator mask . Put some latex gloves on . I would also buy litter that has minimal litter dust . And scoop it daily so there’s not a lot.

I was always told by drs cat litter can kill the baby regardless of the measures. And to the people saying u can’t go off of him not doing this, my thing us how do we know he won’t just leave a baby in a dirty diaper til someone else shows up. Girl leave him now

11 Likes

They are your cats not his. Change it yourself

6 Likes

Honestly… buy some gloves and a mask and dump the whole thing into a trash bag and pour new litter in the box.

I changed our cats box when I was pregnant… my kids are healthy. *I didn’t wear a mask or gloves and I held my breath when it was dusty… I washed my hands promptly.

I hope you have a great Mother’s Day and get to relax plantings some flowers.

1 Like

Go to care.com and hire someone that only does pet care (they have tons on the site). You can have them come by weekly, or you can go to the pet store and buy a litter box that self cleans/scoops

Sounds like he’s gonna be a shit partner and a shit dad. Is he going to refuse to change diapers too?

Automatic litter box it’s worth the $99 or so. It comes out in a neat container/bag and done.

5 Likes

Wait until those cats hurt your baby. That’s what I would be worrying about …

17 Likes

Sooo I think, no, not his cats, not his responsibility, but I feel like integrity has been lost these days. The least the man whose child you are carrying can do is change some fucking cat litter. But what do I know?!?

You know what I did I changed my cats litter when I was pregnant girl put some gloves and a mask you’ll be ok

4 Likes

Get rid of the cats. Before you have the baby. Cats will take a baby’s breath away.

14 Likes

They’re YOUR cats. He has zero obligations to take care of them for you. Get one of those self cleaning litters maybe that will help.

19 Likes

I mean…my husband did it throughout both my pregnancy’s but we live together and their Both of our cats so idk maybe since their yours he doesn’t feel it’s fair to ask him to do that?? Idk. Wear a mask and gloves and wash your hands after. Good for him taking care of his sick mom though. I don’t think it’s fair to compare taking care of YOUR cats to taking care of both of your kid that he created. He didn’t choose to have cats. Especially if he DESPISES cats. You’re definitely in the wrong here…

Mask up, and wash your hands throughly afterwards. You’ll be fine. Your obligation to care for your animals is still a requirement.

5 Likes

Is it the cat poo or the litter that is the danger ???
There is so many different types of cat litter on the market so I can only assume it must be the cat poo

2 Likes

I’ve have two children and obviously looked after them but there is still no way I’d ever change a cat litter , he shouldn’t have to do it and not sure why u comparing it looking after a baby lol

3 Likes

I’m a vet nurse and because you owned cats prior to pregnancy it is less likely you will contact toxoplasmosis and you have probably contacted it in the past but it only affects you while pregnant. As long as you wear a mask and gloves and make sure you wash your hands thoroughly you will be fine :blush:

13 Likes

Wear gloves. I had cats with all 8 of my babies . You don’t live together. Cat litter should be cleaned atleast once a day . I clean my 4 cats litter twice a day. Is he even around that much . In the end they arnt his cats or his responsibility. His ability to care for his child with you is in no way a reflection on the fact he doesn’t want to clean your cats pee and poo .

5 Likes

I wouldn’t clean the litter either. 😮‍💨😮‍💨

3 Likes

Get gloves and a mask, do it yourself.

1 Like

If you don’t communicate with him and let him know that you need his help then you can’t be really mad at him, I mean you say he takes care of his sick mom, he probably has a lot on his plate already and they are your cats, if it’s becoming too much for you then consider maybe getting rid of the cats. It’s stressful being pregnant and having to take care of animals and if you can’t handle it then get rid of them because it won’t be any easier once baby is here.

Bruh cats ain’t kids. Change that shit yourself. :100:

Well you do not need to touch or be around it at all goggle it trust me period

I changed litter during both pregnancies… We’re all alive and well… Facebook cannot change him… That’s on him… good luck

5 Likes

Glove up and mask up and do it yourself

6 Likes

You actually can change cat litter safely while pregnant. Wear gloves or wash your hands or both. The danger is if you contract a parasite from the cats poop during pregnancy and even up to three months prior to pregnancy. I’m willing to bet you changed the cats litter for three months prior to getting pregnant, despite there being just as much risk to the baby even before you got pregnant. Just wash your hands afterwards and wear gloves if you’re that concerned. Also, the issue only “arises” if it’s your first time getting said parasite while pregnant or the three months prior to getting pregnant. You can get it just from a cat sitting on a surface (with a not completely clean butt) and you touching it later.
There are a lot of really good articles about this online and I’m going to include one that I have saved that I give my clients when they have concerns about this as well.

He doesn’t like cats- sorry girl but I’m on his side. :ok_hand:t4: I despise cats and wouldn’t change it either lol

2 Likes

Dear me, stupid stupid comments on here :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

It’s a very small thing to do for the safety of your child and their mother. I completely understand where you’re coming from. You wouldn’t have any problem doing something like that for him. I’m sorry he’s acting so immature and hopefully he won’t act like this when it’s time to change diapers or help you with the baby.

3 Likes

Umm sounds like he has made it VERY Clear he doesn’t like nor want the cats so you shouldn’t just expect him to deal with it and take care of YOUR animals! I had cats while pregnant and my fiance made it VERY clear from when I first got them that he didn’t want to be responsible for them so I cleaned my litter boxes and took care of MY CATS while pregnant because they are not my fiance’s responsibility! But he takes amazing care of our children and has since day one! Just because he doesn’t want to mess with your Cats doesn’t mean he will act the same way to HIS child!

4 Likes

Seriously get a respirator mask!!! Your cats, change the litter, if he wasn’t there then what would you do???

4 Likes

Maybe you should of asked yourself before getting pregnant if he would be a good day. According to you he despises your cats so it’s nothing new. I don’t understand how you compare taking care of cats that he didn’t get himself to a child (his own blood)

1 Like

That’s most men for you but… The cat litter is just the start of it😂 don’t move him in next you’ll be doing his laundry

4 Likes

Put on a mask and gloves. Thats what i did. My boyfriend never in 9 years ever did the litter. Well, the Cats are mine​:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Either hire a pet caregiver or get rid of the cats. The cats are YOUR responsibility not his and that has no baring on his ability to father a baby.

17 Likes

It’s not dangerous for you to change it, just make sure you wear gloves and wash your hands thoroughly, if you look up other ways you can get toxoplasmosis, you’d be shocked. :blush:

5 Likes

I changed my own litter. My husband was deployed at the time and I was 800 miles from family. I understand the risk and am not belittling ANYONES feelings but you could always do it and put some masks on and gloves :gloves:?! I did it without because the smell got so bad.

1 Like

I think the point is, he is not caring for ad helping out the woman carrying his child, and doing a simple measure to protect his child. I don’t really think the cats(or who they belong to) is the true issue, but the lack of kindness and compassion he is showing the future mother of his child.

23 Likes

I’ve always done it myself :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Wear a mask and gloves. I did it while pregnant. Also if he doesn’t like cats, that’s a red flag to me lol

1 Like

You only have to worry if they eat live varmints like mice.
Wear gloves. I was single my whole first pregnancy, and it was fine.
You don’t touch used litter anyways

2 Likes

I changed my cats litter box the whole time through both of my pregnancies and both boys were and still are perfectly healthy. I also did not let the litter box get disgusting before changing it.

2 Likes

He’s an ass. He’s basically risking both you and your baby.

First of all he didn’t ask you to get the cats… you knew you had them before you got pregnant and you also knew he did not like them an now are expecting him to care for them just because your pregnant… its not a disability…if you are going to have your newborn around these cats then why can’t you take care of them while your pregnant? Really??

3 Likes

This is a joke right?

4 Likes

Please don’t compare caring for your cats to him caring for his child. Those are YOUR cats as you said, and he doesn’t live there. He doesn’t like cats, as you stated. He has no obligation to care for them. You also said he’s caring for his sick mother so that should tell you that he can and will care for a human that he loves. Honestly I wouldn’t want to change cat litter either bc it stinks and bc I also don’t like cats. Put on a mask and some gloves or get a self cleaning litter box.

9 Likes

Pour it into his shoes lol

2 Likes

Wear disposible gloves hunni. Change the trays. Wash hands after. As long as cats wormed you take safety measures youll be fine. But waptch out as this man sounds like a child himself.

3 Likes

Wear a mask and gloves you will be fine

I have 2 cats and I change there litter religiously because they can’t change it themselves and I love them

1 Like

It is not dangerous if you wear gloves and wash your hands good. I changed my own litter boxes with all 3 of mine and with my last pregnancy I also changed litter boxes at a rescue I was working at.

1 Like

Doing my pregnancy alone! Have a cat here! I just put gloves on and mask :mask: :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

It’s not about the litter box it’s the fact you asked him to do something for you and the way he responded.
Not good partner potential.

11 Likes

Sooooo where a damn mask and gloves abd change it yourself. You better get used to doing everything by yourself anyway lol. Especially if he is starting to refuse to help this early and the baby isn’t even here yet.

Not a fan of cats I wouldn’t change it neither. Please don’t compare your cats to a baby. I would just wear gloves or maybe get a self cleaning one.

13 Likes

Wear disposable gloves and a face mask, and wash your hands thoroughly after. As for the man, no advice

1 Like

People whine about anything now and days.

5 Likes

I changed my own cats litter.
I’m more concerned that you haven’t found a way to look after your cats, you would rather your BF, whose made it clear he doesn’t like cats, to do it for you and he is right they aren’t his responsibility to look after.
Either look after your animals or re-home them because they deserve to be properly cared for.
Instead of looking for excuses find a solution.

9 Likes

Ummmm you are responsible for your pets

3 Likes

Throw the whole man away.

4 Likes

Are you actually asking him or are you nagging him or demanding he does it when he comes over?
What do you do about the cat litter when your boyfriend isn’t visiting? Does he come over often or is he not able to come over that often since he takes care of his mom, so when he does visit the box is full or over full?
Him refusing to deal with your cat/cats and their littler box does not say anything about what kind of dad he will be.
If he won’t change it for what ever reason he has, then put on a mask and gloves and clean it yourself then wash your hands afterwards.
I’m still wondering how you deal with the box when he is not there?
You can also invest in a self cleaning litter box which may be expensive but it may be the best option anyway for once the baby comes along and gets older and starts exploring. I think there’s a litter box you can hook up to your toilet and it will clean the box and then dump the stuff in the toilet. i’d suggest looking into that.
you can also teach your cat/cats how to go to the toilet so all you’ll have to do is flush it and won’t have to worry about a littler box.

I only laughed reacted to this because my bf lives with me & the cats (The cats WERE mine) ignore my entire existence. I feed them, make sure they have clean water & clean their litter box at least every other day. Who do they love on & give all their attention too…… the person who does nothing to keep them alive. I know for a fact if I was pregnant he would neglect the litter situation even if I preached to him the importance of keeping up with it. I wish I had advice for you, but I know in the event of me being pregnant I would have to continue to do it. I worked for a hospital involving infection control. Because you’ve been around it it’s less likely you could contract Toxoplasma, but wear gloves & wash your hands afterwards, possibly a face mask.

You can wear gloves and a mask if your worried and wash your hands. But I would dumb his ass. If he can’t help you when your pregnant doubt he will be any better once you have the baby. And you have cats so he has to get used to it unless he never comes to your place.

He should have pulled out

5 Likes

He’s not wrong. I cleaned cat shit while pregnant, you can too. Or you can put your pets in the SPCA.

Find them a home or get rid of the baby daddy. :woman_shrugging:t3:

I would question his reluctance to help you during your pregnancy. Couples should be willing to help each other out when needed.

7 Likes

When I was pregnant, my now husband wouldn’t, but… I only asked and he couldn’t handle it lol… So… I wore gloves and a mask when I scooped them out and Me and my little one were fine! I pushed mowed my yard 6 months pregnant… You can do it!!

1 Like

Good grief :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:

Girl, some women in my country are working in the fields picking up cow shi+. You’ll be ok. He doesn’t like cats, you know that. They’re YOUR responsibility by choice.

4 Likes

I would tell him he’s insensitive and being an asshole, but if you have to do it, follow this. It does raise a red flag as to what he’s willing to help out with, sounds to me he’s will say that to you about the baby when she comes :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Still your responsibility and your animals. If you can’t mask up and wash hands well afterwards, then you don’t deserve to have them. Pets are a part of your family ie your first babies whom deserve to have a clean place to do their duty as much as you do in your bathroom. Reminder they do lick their paws and then walk all over everything and at times lick other surfaces too so keeping that area cleaned every day will be less likely you get sick during your pregnancy.

2 Likes

He’s right It’s not his job cover your nose as well as you can and clean it. You want the cats right?

1 Like