My boyfriends family doesn't like me and I don't know why: Advice?

I would just do your best to keep being the bigger person until yall can move out…

1 Like

Move out ! Don’t fret about their opinions of you ! Some people are only happy when they can make others as miserable as they feel! Think of yourself and children! As for your boyfriend tell him to grow a pair ! And Man up! It sounds like his mom has been using him!

By now you might know something of what ‘MOM’ likes to ingest, thoughtful of you to include her on groceries. If Mom isn’t causing problems like household items DISAPPEAR?

Can you move out? Maybe someone else can step in for Mom.

Sounds like it’s time to go.

9 Likes

Try and be civil for now and then get your own family house.

2 Likes

Seriously? You know what you need to do…move!

2 Likes

Find your own place and be happy its their loss

Y’all need to move out and live in your own place.

1 Like

um … how old is your boyfriend?

1 Like

I’ve been with my husband for 17 years. I cant stand his sister. I mean she physically attacked me. (Got beat down, but not the point.) For years I tried to figure out what I had done. Finally it dawned on me. That whole family still wanted him to be with his ex Donna and I’m not her. I’m the complete opposite. Best bet is to just not deal with them. Literally. Tell your husband that you are not going to be dealing with his family until they can treat you decently. Period.

4 Likes

You need to move out either with or without your bf

4 Likes

Time to find your own place.

1 Like

I use to have the same problem somehow, cause my husband family doesn’t accept me before or either after. Just cause I have 3 childs of my own.
He makes my kids & I happy, but I was done. So I just basically stop going to their house. You need to move out of his mom house. Tell him you want to be in your own place were no one can mistreat you again. If he loves you he would understand.
Once you’re out don’t bother in going to their house.
And in my case, I told my husband I do understand they are your family, feel free to go to their activities and to visit them. But I won’t be going. I am with you not your family. I love you!
But I would love to see one day that you interving in this situation on my favor and make them respect me.
You accept me the way I am and accept my kids.
They shouldn’t care only in the fact that we make you happy as you make us happy.
Later with time he realized they wasn’t going to accept me, so he stop going to their activities, sometimes like once every 3 to 6 months he visit them (we are in the same city).
We got legally married, have a son and now we have 14yrs together.
Today is actually our legal anniversary of 5 legal yrs of marriage, lol.
Even when I gave him a son his family dare to ask him to leave me.
That’s when everything got more clear for him.
He told everyone that they better to talk to him about me with respect. That am his wife like it or not I would be his wife until one of us die. :heart:
So take a DEEP BREATH, and move out as fast as you can.
Best wishes!!!

2 Likes

Jay Cherry it’s literally us a year ago! Like to a fucken T

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: Get your own place

9 Likes

I know everyone is saying move out, but yeah move out :sweat_smile:

It isn’t anyone’s place to tell you to find your own home and I’m sure that’s why his family ain’t saying nothing because mama ain’t saying nothing.

Family of 6 does not need to be crowding moms space if she is feeling like she has to be secluded to 1 room of her own house even if you aren’t meaning too but she feels over crowded, I would go. Idk how long you have lived there but don’t over stay the welcome because I think the mom is holding everyone else’s tongue and trying her best to keep the peace. But help her out, I’m sure your relationship with the family will be so much better.

3 Likes

Move out and get your own place. You don’t need your boyfriend to come with you. Let him stay with his mom and you and your children get your own place. Moving 4 kids who arent even her grandchildren into her house is craziness. Never should have happened.

13 Likes

Her treatment towards you is because she doesn’t want 4 kids in her house! My mum is the nicest woman in the world and she wouldn’t let me move into her house with 4 kids.

10 Likes

You’ve got a patient mother in law, letting you live in her house is kind, not telling you she’d rather you didn’t is kind.
I think this one is about recognising that you are taking the piss a bit and act accordingly.
Also as a women and mum of 4, you had your independence and let it go.
Please try to get that back rather than rely on the bf family just in case they turn on you rather than juts being hostile. X

3 Likes

Im guessing his mother and family probably think you are using him. I also believe his mother resents you big time you for a few reasons.You and your boyfriend ought to move out asap. You need your own place with the kids.

1 Like

Be greatful the mum has opened her house to you. Yous dont have to like eachother. Nor do they have to like you. They prob think your just using the Son. Untill you move out and become independant your stuck with whats happening. They see you as a problem because your dependant on the son and now his family. Theyve pretty much taken on not just you but your kids. Which isnt and shouldnt be their responsibility. Your imposing your situation on them.

8 Likes

Honestly move out
Yes he has taken on Ur kids which is great I know how it is I had 2 b4 being with my partner now we HV 1 together he treats all 3 same n my in-laws HV all my kids once a fortnight they also took my 2 on as there own but I couldn’t live with them even though we get on great .
Best thing get Ur own place

1 Like

In a way he needs to choose. His mom or you. Not to say he completely cut her out of his life but this is his family and he should say something to them. He needs to give mom a big kiss and hug and tell her I love you but I need to make my own life. I’ll be there for you no matter what but we need our own place.

1 Like

are you serious right now? ok so do you get child support or maybe you need to apply for housing. I would be furious if you moved into my moms house with your 4 kids.

16 Likes

You both need to move out. Yesterday. I really, really hope you’re both working. You’re a family of 6, time to get your own place.

32 Likes

Your literely living in her house with your kids that are not biologically hers. Do the maths

8 Likes

Get your own place girl… should settle after that… and as for the older bro :fu:t5: your with his brother … not him :pray:

2 Likes

I hope homeboy aint complaining to them about u but acts like everything is fine when he’s in ur face

16 Likes

I’d say the main issue would be that you are living in their family home along with the kids. You need to find your own place then see how the relationship works then.

16 Likes

I would just suggest moving out as soon as possible.

A sister of mine had a similar situation, it took great courage but she did move out. Found somewhere to go , saying to her boyfriend that she was leaving, where she was going. He had to decide whether he came or not…it was hard for her and her little boy. …today she is happy in a good relationship.

Move out she had raised her kids now time for her to sit back and relax in her own home. Not wth kids 24/7

4 Likes

Maybe they all feel that you have taken over the moms home and in someway made her feel like a guest in her own home. Maybe you have gotten a little to comfortable there you need to get your own home immediately. if you can afford to pay everything you say you do then you can afford your own place.

19 Likes

The answer is simple… Move out…Get your own place.

2 Likes

I’m not reading all that GET OUT HIS MOM HOUSE

14 Likes

You need to get your 4 kids and find your own place ASAP, His mom I’m sure feels disrespectful in her own house, beinging stuck in her bedroom with her own snacks, that should tell you something? Mom probably misses and enjoyed doing those things for her son , knowing your doing them now to help out.

You really need to move out!

4 Likes

Move out. But still, try to win the heart of his mom

Move your kids out of there & if comes thats great & if not …move forward on your own.you got this sweetie

1 Like

You need to move. MIL probably is resentful she doesn’t have her own house anymore, and may be conveying that to the brother and SIL. Having 4 kids in the house is rough, especially if they aren’t biologically her grandkids.

17 Likes

I would have a conversation with the family and state that you are not having an affair and tell them the situation. You need to let them know about how you feel.

All of the above say move out

1.it isn’t that easy.
2.first plan with you boyfriend.
3.that was the worse you could have done is move in with mom.
4. I would be devastated
5. OMG I can feel the stress shed in.
6.if you deiced to move sit with mom and tell her your plans
7. Let her know you feel its not fair to her. When she should be resting.
8. Take her into consideration and believe me you will 100% better
9. If your boyfriend care for you and your kids he will understand.
10. You will be surprise by her
:cupid: understanding.

Tell your man to man up and say something or simply move out to your own place…

1 Like

move you should be living with boyfriend and kids in your own home not your parents boyfriend

1 Like

Y would you care how much do they come around n call him?

Definitely keep saving up … IGNORE HER AND THEM AROUND YOU. TREAT THEM HOW THEY TREAT U. you’re doing your part. Shes just jealous

2 Likes

I’m guessing having four kids isn’t what they want.

10 Likes

Move out be your own family

Leave move on with your life and let them all go back to being a happy fams

You and your four kids live with his mom. I think after three years, it’s time to find your own place and not mooch of his mother. Just my opinion :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

You need to move. Get your own place and if they want to visit be nice I’d they don’t oh well. Have birthdays for your children give the invite but make no special effort. Have goats at your home but again make no special effort. His mother is perfectly capable I’d taking care of herself. When a in law family has this attitude it’s generally because someone you knew in the past lied about you or is jealous. The bigger question is who was his ex And is she still in the picture.

Dam some of theses comments geesh

1 Like

Grow up and move out!

5 Likes

Sounds like y’all need to move out and get your own place

2 Likes

If you pay rent and for all the other stuff, GET YALLS OWN PLACE

2 Likes

Can’t say I would want 5 additional people in my house…

3 Likes

Yep moving out would be better

Then why don’t you have your own place? I’d be a little distant with you if you’d taken over my mom’s house and had the audacity to bitch about my kids.

Hurry up and get ur own cus she don’t want u there and neither does his brother and sis in law. And stop speaking to they rude ass cus by now u need to be cussing them out :woman_shrugging:t6:

Thats a lot hun. Im sorry. Definitely have to move. You’re right about her losing the things she used to do for her son. That will affect it. And 4 kids? Even good kids, thats a lot. Just keep being respectful and saving money. And see if there are any recipes you can learn from the bf mom

Yep…move out hon…

2 Likes

I don’t want this to sound mean at all but to the point. You guys have completely taken over her house. She is keeping things in her room to eat and doesn’t even come into the family room anymore…of her own home. You have built a fire pit in the backyard. This does not sound “temporary” this sounds like people setting up their family home and have a MIL living with them when in fact it is the other way around. The brother probably saw how uncomfortable his mom was and it just escalated from there. (No excuse for their behavior though)

6 Likes

All I can say of this whole thing is the 5 year old. She is way to young to know what cheating it. So yes, she did hear it from someone. Probably her mom.

I’m surprised they haven’t done anything else to u with all their actions they’re tell I that they don’t like at all what u did to move in with 4 kids that are not even ur boyfriends biological children u need to move the fuck out I can’t even imagine how the mom is feeling trapped like a prisoner in her own home how disrespectful of u to go and invade her space u need to move out and without ur boyfriend

Get out of her home… it’d be great if she used her grown up words but still. Did you even ask her? Set up an actual rent and rules like you were a tenant? She should def ask you to leave and relationship is prob ruined Bc you came in acted like the HBIC in her house!

Sounds like her treatment towards you is you moved in with all of your kids and took over. Im not perfect I lived with family for 5 months with my 2 kids but it was my family. I was in the process of buying my home and it was hard. I didn’t want step on thier toes they opened thier home to me. I cooked around them and ate with them. I left them liveth life they had prior to me. Maybe the mom vents to the older son and his wife on how you took over the house. Temporary vs long term. Get you and your kids a place they can call thiers.

You need to move. I am sure they feel like you are taking advantage of their mom. And is mom most likely feels like a guest in her own home and that can’t be a good feeling for her. She may no communicate with you or even your bf so her complaints probably go to the brother and other members of the family. The only way to make things better is to get your own place.

There’s probably a couple reasons…
First, you’re probably not the ideal person for him in their eyes since he’s a single man with no children & he’s with a woman with 4 already.
Second, you & your kids moved in & completely taken over their home.
To be honest, if it were me I would move out cause all you’re doing is causing friction between everyone. Leave him with his mommy. 3 years in & he doesn’t want to get his own home & take care of you all.

3 Likes

Leave it and don’t bother as nothing you will say or do can change this unfortunately.
I can relate to some of what you wrote it sucks so much when you aren’t accepted when you’ve done nothing wrong.
I would just tell your partner he needs to stand up for you and be your solid ground if he can’t do that then your relationship will get real hard real quick!!

Four kids is too much. Get rid of 3.

2 Likes

It’s time for you and your boyfriend to move out. That lady went from living with only her son, to suddenly having a full family living with her.

As a mother of 2, my own kids make me wanna hide from time to time. I couldn’t imagine living a quiet life with just my son and then being bombarded with a woman and 4 kids. If it was a super temporary arrangement thats one thing… but seems you’ve definitely outworn your welcome. Not to sound rude, just feel its time for u to go in order for her, you and your children to be comfortable again.

1 Like

By the way your boyfriend can still help his mom out if needed. If he is was worried about this and truly cared he would have taken you out of that situation along time ago.

1st of all. You have 4 children, so pretty much you should buy groceries and cook even if you weren’t living there. 2nd paying for cable or whatever is not a nessity, it is a luxury. Save your money for nessity electric, gas etc. Third who cares if your bill or dil talk to you. Make sure your family. Boyfriend and children are taken care of. Your boyfriends mom shouldn’t have to take care of everybody except herself. If your paying rent there you should be able to get your own place…and cook clean and deal with your family instead of worrying about people who don’t talk to you…

I’ve been in a similar situation, and although things didn’t improve with the in-laws, at least we had a place to call our own once we moved out.
Try not to stress about who likes you or not. Their opinion of you doesn’t contribute anything to your relationship. Just focus on your family.

Take your kids and get out now. You’ll be much better off without all that negativity. If your boyfriend isn’t speaking up for you now, can you imagine what it will be like later down the road? Cut ties with them all six and get out with your babies. Sont worry about anything except you and your childrens well being.

I would just find a place of your own. If your boyfriend wants to live with you, cool. Keep the toxic people out of your life. Otherwise, if you stay there things will get worse.

2 Likes

The family feels you are taking advantage of mom. You have taken over the house just in numbers, and apparently the yard by building a fire pit. That wasn’t run over by accident. It was a clear message that it is not your house. Stop altering things. Mom hides in her room with snacks. That tells you she is not comfortable with everyone living there. You said you lost your place because of a landlord issue. That doesn’t sound financial. Move out. The family will think better of all of you once that happens. Your bf can go over a couple times a week to check on mom, but get out of her house.

1 Like

I kind of had the same situation - except we were married. She did all the cooking (we both worked full time and long hours). She asked one time if there was anything I wouldn’t eat - sweet of her to ask or not - I said the main thing is green peppers, I will be physically ill. So she made a point of putting them in EVERYTHING. She even tried to grind them up - but I still knew they were there. I finally quit eating her food. The only solution I found was that we moved out. Then I got blamed for everything that went wrong - but I never had to listen to it.

Yr never going to please any of them, even if you put gold in their hand they will find fault, so i wouldn’t bother trying. If you can move out asap and don’t look back. In her eye’s you’ve took het boy away she probs done the same to other gfs

I can understand where the mom is coming from, your in her space, her home with 5 children. She probably feels you’ve taking over, my daughter lives with us and my three grandchildren, and believe me it’s hard. I love them so much, but I’m a clean freak. And there’s 3 children in the house. So you can guess on the way my house may look, but they try really hard to keep it clean, haha but a lot of times I do stay in my room, inner act more with her, do little special things for her, to make her feel more important. She probably feels all alone since her husband has passed. Now your brother in-law, I wouldn’t give a rats ass on how they feel. That’s their loss. I’d treat them just like they treat you. When they come over, hop in your car and take the kids to the park, or do something with the kids. Those kind of people isn’t worth the Effort to be kind too. Stand up for you and your children, cause nobody else is going to but you. Just saying

Run :running_woman: girl and if hopefully your boy friend will follow and if it’s true that you guys are only there to help his mom send her money :moneybag: she has other kids that can help her to be careful it can destroy your relationship

3 Likes

Sounds to me like 5 people moving into her home has really impacted her life and she may feel like you’re invading her home. That’s a big change for someone to get use to. That may also be the reason his family isn’t fond of you. It sounds almost like you took over that house when you mentioned she isolates herself. Like every one else’s advice; MOVE OUT!
Use the money you have to provide whatever you can and get your kids out of that environment! This may not be the time to save up until you have enough for a house. Escrow takes even longer. You need to put your kids first, there’s no reason for them to feel like a burden anywhere. Good luck🙏🏼

1 Like

Hurry. Up. & Get. Your. Own. Place. It. Is. Most. Likely. His. Brother & Wife. Causing. Problems. His. Mother. Might. Feel. Left. Out. Try. Your. Best. To. Get. Along. You. Pay. Rent. Etc. But. It. Is. Still. Not. Your. Place. Hurry. Up. & Move. Would. Be. Best. You. Can’t. Make. People. Like. You.

My mother always told me two hens can’t rule a nest. Not that your trying to rule her nest but it’s hard for two women to live in the same house. She has her ways of doing and I’m sure you do too. Parents sometimes think they adult children can chose a better partner so that might be why there is an issue with everyone. It’s not right because it’s his life but I wonder if everyone is looking at it as if you invaded their mother’s home and you are taking away her son from her.

It’s not fair to your children too to just move in with a boyfriend who isn’t their father and not your husband. You need to protect them and have them come first. You should be taking care of your own kids and not relying on others to.

1 Like

Dynamics in this situation are not good… Id be looking for my own place. I don’t think it’s necessarily you but sounds like it was bad dynamics before you and now they’re just worse. The outward view looking in will be that the MIL is being used. The nature of people is to shy away and not talk about it and if you all want this situation to work everyone is going to have to be strait forward about their feelings. But, I would guarantee if you moved it would change and non co dependent relationship with MIL and your bf would start to happen.

His mother don’t want you and your family in her house! She is tolerating you & your children for the sake of her son. His other family is behaving that way because your boyfriend has not corrected their behavior. Go get your own space. That is a a lot to have a family of 5 move into your space and you’re not the wife, just the girlfriend. Both of you need to move ASAP! Why stay someplace where nobody likes you or your children?

14 Likes

First of all he is Not your Husband​:bangbang::woman_facepalming:t5: so why you even moved your kids n self into your boyfriend mama house!!! Move out ASAP and focus on your kids. If yall been together for 3 years how come he haven’t proposed yet??? His family feels like you making him responsible for you and your 4kids… Clearly he also feel some type of way if he hasn’t said anything to his family about not speaking to you or how they destroyed things of your kids… open your eyes Now. He is not the Man for you. Leave now and move on with your Life. Your kids are watching how this man and his family is treating you

3 Likes

Moving out would be the best option. There are numerous possibilities. But moving out and seeing if things change would be a good start. I had an ex who’s family was “nice” to my face but behind my back a whole different story. Found out they didn’t trust me cause I had kids and believed I was just using him. I had a job so I never needed anything from him. But they didn’t care. They were also hardcore catholic. :roll_eyes: My ex husbands family hated me after I kicked him out because they believed the lies he told them.

Move yourself and your kids out. Momma is not feeling you at all and that’s the root of it.

Too much too soon is a bad thing… especially when it isn’t just you but children also… the family is probably just concerned

You said boyfriend. She isn’t your mother in law. You need your own place.

You all moved in with her. That’s her son, he should help take care his mom. Your in her house, do not care what you pay.

Wow that’s a lot for his mom to take on. She must really love her son a lot too that she’s allowing all of this. It’s one thing if you had 4 kids with your boyfriend biologically his but you have 4 not his. To be honest he’s a saint too since he doesn’t have any kids of his own yet to take all of this on too

1 Like

I am sorry I am going to be blunt. YOU MOVED INTO THEIR MOMS HOUSE AND YOUR NOT MARRIED WITH FOUR KIDS NOT HIS. That is their problem with you. One does not move into a boyfriend’s parents house with four kids that are not his. You invaded, I would have issues with that. His mom now feels like her home is not hers, hence she stays in her room, and you have blinded yourself thinking that it them, its not, it is you who have disrespected their mom who is to kind to say no or feels she can not say no.
You boyfriend and you should have been adult and said yea we will help mom out but not live with her. Fact you should have put your kids first and not moved in with anyone your not married to. because when the relationship ends they get hurt. Before you moved in who do you think was taking care of your boyfriend? I can tell you most likely in the brother’s eyes and other family members it was the mom. In their eyes you are further burdening their mom. Frankly if this situation happen in my family I would be calling adult protective services to ensure the safety of my loved on and to ensure they were not being taking advantage. You need to take your kids and move. You only know the dynamics of your boyfriend’s family from his side not everyone’s side and I am sure he is only telling you what make him look good. The rumores your feel people have said about you they get that from what they are seeing and assuming or they are getting it from someone who knows you or your boyfriend. Sorry its time to move on. It is not his family, or his mom responsibility to house you and your kids while you save money for your own place you are taking advantage of them if your not pay all utilities and 4/6 of the rent or mortgage. Fact your boyfriend is taking advantage of his mom and you two are blind in seeing it. His mom needs to get and attorney and kick the both of you out.