My child cries all the time: Advice?

Does anyone else have one child who cries all the time? I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old and she cries what seems like all day long about everything. I’m exhausted. She cries in the car, she cries in the house, she cries when she gets what she wants and when she doesn’t I feel like I can’t win. She’s physical with my oldest too. Constantly hitting, punching, pulling hair, and she doesn’t listen when I tell her no.I feel like I’m drowning.

2 Likes

It seems like she may be unable to properly communicate her needs with you. Sometimes a child who may seem difficult just needs you to slow down and listen to what they’re not saying. Have you discussed it with her dr?

5 Likes

Is she verbal? My daughter was like this and she was non verbal until three. She’s now six and has SPD, ADHD, anxiety and has an autism evaluation next month. Hugs mama :heart:

2 Likes

My son had this problem and I got evaluated for speech. And he basically couldn’t tell me what he needed because he didn’t know how to use his words properly

If you think it’s exhausting, imagine how exhausting it is for her.

It seems.she is having troubles communicating her needs.

6 Likes

It sounds like she frustrated

1 Like

Sounds a little like you should have her evaluated by her ped. She might refer you to consult with child behavioralists. I wonder if there’s a sensory or auditory issue causing her to respond so poorly. Good luck.

Sounds like a sensory need is not being met.
This age is all about learning how to communicate needs and wants. But is also hard to regulate emotions.
Consistent modeling and working together.

2 Likes

Also look into removing artificial dyes from their diets. That might help a long with what some of the other comments mentioned above. Join Dye Free Kids .