My child is constantly being bad: Advice?

Discipline just from your post it seems there has not been much consistency in teaching and discipline. If this is something you have done then you need to see a behavioral therapist. As moms we gets frustrated and we say No but sometimes give in and tou can’t if you take something then it’s gone if you say time out it’s time out. You gotta be stern hunny.

It’s not a crime to spank a child as long as it’s necessary for their actions. No one is ever saying to beat them black and blue there’s clearly a difference. Anyways always always explain what they did wrong and what they need to do to improve their behavior. Never give in and give them what they want for some peace because then they’ll try to get away with whatever. If it doesn’t improve even with you being consistent try other routes sports, extracurricular activities, and maybe a doctor’s opinion, but that should be the last resort. Hope it helps!

My oldest daughter is similar, she has been diagnosed with DMDD, Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder
She also is depressed, has ADHD and Epilepsy.

She is 10years old.

I generally pick and choose what battles to fight with her because with her, I’m always in the wrong and she’s always in the right so no matter what I say or do. I’m wrong.

I’d say therapy could most likely help

My mom would spank me if that’s something you’re open to or time out! No ma’am I would not be having that! It sounds like he’s old enough to know better.

Def sounds like odd have you spoke to your child’s pediatrician? Start there they will point you in the right direction but you need Ba and def some support in home. Best wishes :pray:

Oh man, I had ODD and ADHD when I was a kid and it was really awful. It’s almost like our brains just want to pick at your every last nerve and I’m not just saying that. I truly did feel an overwhelming urge to do the opposite of whatever someone told me to do. I didn’t see teachers or principals as friends but as the bad guy and I would purposely argue with them just because I wanted to. It’s a long hard fight to try and help a child with odd but trust me it goes away slowly as they reach adulthood. Good luck lol the best way to trick them into listening is to not make it seem like you’re telling them to do something. Make it seem like it’s their idea.

1 Like

³use no till he learns in his crib or bedroom for 20 minutes till he stops behaviors

Sounds like a lot like my son some days. How old is your son?

What is the childs age?. Is there other siblings?

Have you tried spanking his ass? Or maybe ADHD.