My childs father doesn't ever come to see her: Advice?

So the father of my baby lives 5 hours away, and it’s court ordered that he gets to visit the 1st 3rd and 5th weekend if there is the 5th week… he hasn’t seen her in 2 months the last two visits are because of this virus and him not thinking he should come… I’m just seeing what other people think If he’s responsible not coming or if it’s just an excuse not to come. I don’t want to tell him not to come, But I’m not fighting for him to come to see his kid.

6 Likes

That’s being responsible. Babies have died because of this. I would be keeping my baby home and not around others.

9 Likes

I agree he should stay away during the virus. If he brings it to your baby it would be your fault for forcing the matter

5 Likes

How about worry about that AFTER all this mess has passed?? The virus is a valid reason to stay away. Whether it’s him just using an excuse or not. If he still doesn’t come around after all this is over then you have your answer.

3 Likes

I think it’s being responsible. He is caring more about her health than his time. I just got into a huge argument with someone else on another mom page over this crap because she was like “nope his time is his time. My time is my time. He WILL take the kids on his time”

2 Likes

Dude seriously. I had to male the hard phone call to my son who is 5 and explain to him that I wouldnt be picking him up for his weekends with me till further notice.
This virus isn’t a joke. And if he is worried about the virus and getting ur guys child sick then u should be more understanding. Its fucking heart breaking.

Agree with y’all
I would be counting my blessings that he doesn’t want to take her right now
Keep that baby home with you Little mAmA

1 Like

He hadn’t seen your kid before this? The virus is just an excuse then. Don’t force him too either thou. You can’t force someone to be a parent. Yes, my kids are still doing regular visits with their father. Where I live we’re not on complete lock down thou an visitation between parents are supposed to be kept the same. And not withheld. The same happens in my household they happens in his. And they go from our house to his car to his house. And not outside lol.

What were his excuses for the other visits before the virus?

I would take it as him trying to be responsible.
That’s why I haven’t gone to my parents house since all of this happened.
I still have to get out and work. I interact with a lot of ppl still and do not want to risk getting them sick

1 Like

If he was saying he wanted to visit wld you be complaining saying it’s not safe??

He is right to stay away

1 Like

Sounds responsible to me. Have either of you a way to at least FaceTime because who knows how much longer this is going to be?

5 Likes

He’s being a responsible parent by the sounds of it. He’s being smart making sure that you and your child don’t get sick. Anyone who doesn’t live with you shouldn’t be visiting. Now isn’t the time, video call instead.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t want him to take them.You don’t know who he may take them around, and once there exposed and brought home you and the rest of your household will be also. Now if after the all clear is given and life goes back to normal and he still doesn’t get them then yes worry about it… The virus is killing kids also not just adults…

1 Like

My son’s father and I have ceased visitation for right now for our son’s safety.

4 Likes

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1102549409709&ca=9a1cf977-cf40-4540-8122-a0a6f9146188

I take it as him finding an excuse to make himself look good to not be a parent. My sons father use to have every other weekend and three one week vacation in the summer months. Currently he only has every 2/4 weekend and has missed a placement each month . Now that the virus is going on he uses that as an excuse. It’s been almost 7 weeks since my son saw his dad. In Wisconsin we are not on “lock down “ we have a safer at home order. If you follow the order and wash you’re hands going in a car to visit a parent is considered essential. But he uses “ I think it’s safer for him to stay with you” like no problem when he’s with me I don’t have to worry. My sons dad is basically a when it’s convenient kind of parent

1 Like

Being responsible obviously… Feb was the beginning of when things were getting out of hand and this past month has been insane. You should be thankful, honestly. If after all of this he still doesn’t see her then you should start to raise concern.

2 Likes

He’s being responsible. He’s protecting his child!

1 Like

I think he is doing the right thing.

1 Like

All you saying “he’s being responsible” NO he’s being a deadbeat trying to come up with a good excuse. He hadn’t seen her since BEFORE the virus crap! Read!!

1 Like

Y’all shouldn’t be passing child in the middle of all of this. Quarantine and social distancing. Video chat and call instead thats what my bonus daughter is doing. She lives with daddy full time and visits her mom when mom has time but with the virus we all agreed this would be best. She gets to video chat and it’s not the same sometimes she gets sad but it’s also the most frequent contact we’ve been able to get out of her mom so 🤷 blessing in disguise

2 Likes

It could be either but honestly right now think of it as better for your child’s safety

Nope my time with them is my time with them to hell with this stupid virus

Look I take everything with a pinch of salt, I say he is being responsible but lets see what happens when this is over… how old is bub? If she can talk on the phone then maybe organize phone calls until they can see each other again

It’s responsible to not come around at this time kids and older adults are at higher risk to end up in the hospital

I agree with him. You could FaceTime him though so she can keep that relationship between them going

1 Like

He’s being smart,to ask this makes me think you’re bitter

You can’t make some one visit your/their child.And right now you shouldn’t be passing her around.

1 Like

The last two, yes its responsible. This virus spreads so easily and has such a long incubation period that you can be exposed and not know for two weeks, or ever. After all this is over, if he starts making other excuses then just say fine, and dont force it. Tell your child that dad couldnt make it today, and that you are sorry and maybe have her draw a card for him or let her voice to text a message? My bio dad slowly started seeing me less and less and eventually just stopped showing up. My mom never spoke ill of him, and she always encouraged me to show my love for him even if it wasnt rescriprocated. As I got older I saw that he chose not to be in my life, and that is his loss. To this day I have no respect for him, and I honestly hope I never see him again. I have a step dad that filled that spot for me, and I will never see someone else as my dad but him. Sometimes it’s best to just support your child and let nature play out.

1 Like

I think you’re being ridiculous. He can face time for the time being for safety reasons.

2 Likes

Hes a good man for not wanting your kid to get sick.
Grow up a little aye ?

1 Like

U are the problem…

2 Likes

So how many visits did he miss before mid March?
Right now he shouldn’t be visiting, but it sounds like it was an issue before this and that you should deal with after we are allowed to visit people we don’t live with!

1 Like

Right now I feel he is trying to protect his child. He lives 5 hours away. Where does he stay when he doesn’t visit

1 Like

Responsible. Stay at home.

Wait till this cronervirus is over and done with then see if he start to see her again

Since bit started before all this shit went down, I’d say it’s a cop out. The government has stated all court orders to go ahead as usual. So unless they come in contact with elderly, then by the government, he can still see her.

You can lead a horse to water you know the rest

Not now. He is being smart in my opinion. It isn’t ’ he doesn’t ever wants to come.’ This virus is horrid Excuse? I don’t know but just go with it for now. Regardless it is safer.

1 Like

responsible since lives fair away

1 Like

Right now he is being smart and responsible. Maybe do facetime until this covid thing is over.

You’re pathetic. YOU are the problem.