My cousin doesn't make her child wear her prescribed glasses: What can I do?

Step 1 mind your business.
My son had a helmet he had to wear and for a majority of his photos I took it off for the moment and popped it right back on after. That could be the case. Also, could be causing migraines for the child and she needs a break. Or the dr only requires it say 4 to 6 hours a day.

Who knows, either way not your household, pray on it. Or be bold and bring it up instead of doing a social media poll hoping to read someone agrees with your frustration.

5 Likes

Nothing? It’s not your responsibility??? :woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

It’s not your child to parent.

2 Likes

Maybe have a talk with the parent and see if she wants you to say something to the child.

2 Likes

If she just takes them off for pictures I see no harm, I would ask my daughter to remove hers too as I remove mine so people know what we actually look like without them lol

2 Likes

You said you keep seeing pictures of her not in her glasses? Maybe she just like to take them off for pictures? I dont wear glasses so I honestly dont know but maybe just talk to the mother about it. If that doesn’t work I’m pretty sure their isn’t really much you can do.

1 Like

That or if your so concerned about it. But her eye surgery?

1 Like

My son refused to wear his glasses at school. I told the teacher that he cannot see from far back so she moved him forward to be at the front of the class. It affected his learning because he was squinting and refusing to wear his glasses. Don’t get angry when she is not wearing her glasses as she already gets hassled and just don’t add to it.

1 Like

Honestly, it’s not your business. Even if the parent tries to enforce it, sometimes kids will just not listen. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

So you’re judging based off pictures?! Do you know that she doesn’t wear them 100% of the time? I usually take my glasses off for pictures.

1 Like

Take her out for a girl’s day. Help her feel beautiful and confident in them! Maybe get her a cute little outfit to match!

1 Like

Im 24 and i forget to wear my glasses most of the time, also some people are prescribed glasses and told they dont have to wear them all the time if they dont want too

I dunno, I didn’t wear my glasses and my eyes got better, wearing your glasses can actually make your eyes worse because the muscles get lazy x

2 Likes

For those “suggesting” myob. I agree up to a point but at least she is concerned for the kid. Adjusting to new glasses is difficult. Trying to negotiate step up or down can be hard to adjust to. If the glasses are only for reading, then you don’t have to wear them all the time. Got lines in the glasses that can be difficult to adjust to. Kids can tease you so that,s a problem. Find out why she doesn’t want to wear them.is I up

1 Like

Try a nice healthy helping of minding your own business? If it’s really such an issue talk to her mom about your concerns but at the end of the day the girl isn’t being neglected and you’re probably overreacting

3 Likes

Are you serious? Mind your own business.

1 Like

My granddaughter was suffering from headaches when I took her to the dr. After an exam he checked her eyes & suggested going to an eye dr. She was percribed glasses & had a condition that may get better with glasses. At first she wouldn’t wear them because of teasing. It didn’t take long tho before she realizes how well she could see with them. She still wears glasses 4 yrs later but she has shown improvement with constant wear.

Mind your business maybe

1 Like

I am a big believer in leaving other mamas alone. I don’t comment on their choices and I don’t judge.

2 Likes

Maybe she just takes them off for pictures I know I do because of the glare from the flash but also self conscious about having to wear them

I mean, it’s not your kid. That’s ultimately what it comes down to. If it’s not something that qualifies as abuse… um, well, mind your own kid—in other words, it’s really none of your business.

1 Like

Are you sure she doesn’t ever wear them? When I had glasses I used to take them off just for photos

That’s all you can do really. Whether it’s right or wrong it’s not your child so not your choice. I know you just want what’s best for her, sorry girl.

It’s none of ur business. Not ur kid so back off.

I went thru a horrible custody battle.
After repeatedly filing petitions and fighting for my Custody and visitation rights for nearly a year, we were out thru mediation which was unsuccessful and the judge then said that I was unstable because of my NEW job of 90days and my NEW home of 120 days which wasn’t enough time to establish a stable environment for my kids(whom I was a stay at home Full time Mom too for 8&6 years) Mind you we were divorcing so he moved in with his parents, they allowed him to move in only if he brought our children–And relocated 70 miles away from our home. So all 4 of us relocated , so that’s why I had a new job and home. He was unemployed and living with his parents and still got custody–
The Point is, you have to make sure your as Stable as you can possibly get. I thought I was Doing everything right.
You truly never know what a judge is going to say, and it doesn’t always go your way.
Absolutely NO HATE for him trying to make his Life best suited for his Children…
And for the sassholes — He had every right to be in a relationship and even have a baby…
He was bettering himself.
Sorry about the real deadbeats…But not everyone does things “the way you should”!
Good Luck :green_heart: