My cousin had her tubes tied and now she is pregnant with twins: Advice?

My cousin had her tubes tied almost 2.5yr ago and now is pregnant with twins. I was under the impression if you got pregnant with your tubes tied you were concerned high risk pregnancy… I got my info from my Dr when I had mine tied. Her Dr told her she wouldn’t be concerned high risk and hasn’t done any testing or ultrasounds yet and and she’s almost 5months. I’ve tried telling her to get a second opinion.

11 Likes

Her tubes probably came untied if was just tied

Twins are normally seen by a high risk doctor. I’d defiantly ask for a second opinion. She should be coming up on a 20 week ultrasound

7 Likes

I pray for mine to come undone lol i dont regret it i wouldn’t mine having a baby boy i have 3 girls

She should be under doctors care but she must be if she knows she is having twins. Havi g your tubes cut and tied does not always work. They can become untied and grow back together. I didn’t want more children so my tubes were cut. Burnt and tied. The ends of my tubes were burnt so they could not grow back together.

Myyyy question is, if they haven’t checked her at all how do they know it’s twins? I don’t think she’s giving you all the info?

20 Likes

How does she know it’s twins if she hasn’t had any ultrasounds :thinking::thinking:

11 Likes

They know its twins without having a single ultrasound?

5 Likes

She’s at a higher risk of tubal pregnancy but she’s 5 months so that’s not a concern anymore

And everyone is right - she’s not being honest if she’s saying they haven’t given her an u/s. Pretty much all women get one around week 6-8 and another around 16-20 weeks (and a in-depth scan at 12 weeks). So she should have had one or else she can’t know it’s twins

3 Likes

How does she know she’s having twins if no ultrasounds were done? You can encourage her to get a second opinion as much as you want but ultimately it’s not your body, not your business.

Seriously… there’s more to having twins than just two babies growing. There’s different types of twins. Ones that’s have separate sacs and separate placentas, ones that share a placenta but have separate sac, and ones that share both (which is the highest risk set of twins) doctors would want to know this very early on. Sometimes one twin can get all the nutrients and can be fatal to the other twin. Regardless all twin pregnancies are monitored very closely!

2 Likes

Most states do ultrasounds 8-10 weeks to date. And to see if baby is well.

1 Like

You can know you’re having twins without an ultrasound because they pick up three heartbeats. Yours and the two babies.

Thats why i had mine removed lol

She’s only high risk for a tubal pregnancy, and because she is pregnant with twins. But if she is already 5 months how does she know if it’s twins and why hasn’t there been any ultrasounds as of yet. This all smells fishy

10 Likes

I have twins, I found out by ultrasound at 10weeks. If she’s had no ultrasound, how does she know shes having twins? I mean I had dreams every night leading up to my 10week ultrasound for 2 weeks that I was having twins, but that was not a confirmation. I think you need to ask her some more questions… something isn’t adding up.

1 Like

Someone’s being dishonest she wouldn’t know she’s having twins without any testing

2 Likes

You mean considered high risk not concerned. Not necessarily if the baby is developing where it should be then there is no reason to be considered high risk.

Why is it any of your concern of HER pregnancy and HER health care… Seems like you are putting your nose in something that’s none of your business… With my last pregnancy i didn’t tell anyone anything or even i was pregnant until i was like 6 months due to people not being able to keep to themselves about things that doesn’t concern them! When she pops and has two babys then you know if she is having twins…

5 Likes

Well she should definitely be getting prenatal care. How can you even know it’s twins if she hasn’t had any care?

2 Likes

The cousin is more than likely lying about her medical care. All twin pregnancies are considered high risk and are monitored through OBs extremely close. She could be 1.) Faking a pregnancy, or 2.) Be a free birther (No medical care, ultrasounds, a homebirth with no medical professionals present.)

1 Like

Some women don’t like extra medical care or maybe she can’t afford it. It doesn’t necessarily mean she’s lying about it. Or it could be she’s trying to keep it within the immediate family. I am 14 weeks pregnant with my 4th and only been confirmed by the dr no u/s and only like 4 people know.

She might not want to share all the news.

I’d keep your nose out of it. Its not your body… sooo it’s not your business…

The rudeness of some people. Maybe she is just genuinely concerned for the health of the mother and the babies so nothing does go wrong.

I’m 6m with twins right now. I’ve had 2 full term, healthy pregnancies and was automatically high risk when they found out it was twins. Multiple ultrasounds, another today, I’d definitely get a second opinion.

1 Like

If they didnt do any ultrasounds how does she know it’s twins. O.o

You are considered high risk for twins regardless.