My dad is abusive and I don't know what to do: Advice?

Get out end of story nothing is impossible if you actually put effort towards it

I don’t know we’re you live but have you heard of home if the sparrows it for women and children. In a abusive situation. They help with housing and jobs . There are other agencies that help women and children. Look into it and get out.

Sending you power and prayers <3

Leave welfare will get involved think of yourself and children

leave and try to take mum with you

1 Like

I’m so angry for you and your daughter and also sad for y’all and your mom. Call the police and stand up to him that way. Good luck, abusers never change

You need to reach out to help sources available to you. Both you and your mom.

Single parenting but you’re pregnant. I don’t get it.

I would recommend getting in touch with a crisis pregnancy center. They have resources and may be able to help you with child care, baby items, and resources to help you get out of the dangerous situation you are in. Also see if you could get into low income/subsidized housing. There’s alot of help for women in situations similar to yours. If you have any idea who the father or fathers of your children are, you could also apply for child support. Secretly save your money, and be vigilant in keeping your kids away from that abuser! One thing for sure though, you Absolutely Must Get Yourself and Your Children Out of that Situation!!

Leave cuz that’s fucked up to have your kids around the abuse too. Better off going to a shelter or dss

And take your mom with you

2 Likes

Go to a shelter for woman with your daughter and get out of that house.
Let the cops know how he treats your mom and you’s.
Don’t stay

Get out, run, their are plenty of shelters… you think that will hurt ur lil girl, nothing compared to what UR folks are doing… please for those babies, RUN

Kick his ass out, You know the state can take your children… don’t let that happen

Go to a womans shelter they will help you get on your feet. You need to get out of that abusive house. Currently you’re inadvertently telling her what hes doing is ok. She will look for that type of relationship because it’s being excepted.

I grew up in an abusive home, although my mom was the one who was tiptoed around. My parents were married but fought bitterly quite often. It damages a child seeing the fighting and abuse, let alone your father turning his rage on her. This is the stuff that causes PTSD, depression, anxiety, and other mental illness. She needs to see you step up and protect her, and yourself, from your father. Please, try to avoid a lifetime of pain and suffering for your daughter. I see a lot of people tell you to take your mom, and if she’ll go, great. But if she chooses, as an adult, to not leave, go without her. You might have to move away from the world you’re used to, and I know how scary that can be, but you must protect your daughter.

Leave and take mom with you! Now.

You need to leave. You’re endangering your child. You could lose custody of your child and the baby once born. Look up shelters, call churches, call family or friends. Get out before staying costs you your kids.

Seek help from a church or some organization that’s going to help get you out of there. Also, help for your mother!

Go to legal aid they would help her get a lawyer

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Smartphone

You are an example to your daughter, she looks up to you and will continue to do so during her life. So You need to dig real deep in your soul & use every resource available for you to get out and be the strong woman she needs you to be for her & your unborn. That 's how you teach her how to be strong & independent when she grows up. You should research what resources there are in your area. Look at Grants that help single moms get a higher education. Do what you need to do to be able to take care of your family so that you dont ever have to depend on someone else. You may also be an example to your mother of what she should have already done and get out of a toxic situation. I had a 7 year old when My ex husband beat me. It was the 1st & the last time he did that. I was packed up and out of the house with my child with 24 hrs. He went to jail. I will never forget the horror in my son’s eyes from that day. That look in his eyes is why I did what I did. Thats the day I realized I was a Mom and this sweet little boy is counting on me. Your sweet littles are counting on you too.

5 Likes

Young lady,1st thing you need to do above all,get down on your knees and turn to god,ask him for your help,he will make away for you and your mom to get out of that mess,you dont need that abuse,neither does your mom,god bless

Get on government assisted housing. Get back on school. There are programs for this. They pay for your day care. They help with school supplies. You can even get a check to pay for your gas to get to school. I had a hard time in school, it was doubtful that I would pass. Everything in collage was so different. I started with a NB a 14month and a 5 yr old. I graduated with a 3.8 GPA. Now, 25yrs later, I own my own home and car. I have no debt. My kids are grown and are great. My daughter’s are sweet but take no BS from anyone. Life is good. You are young. Make a good life for your kids and yourself. Trust me you are probably a lot smarter than you think you are.

2 Likes

Yes you need to get out of there ASAP! You can probably get government assistance
Especially with you being pregnant. Tell them you are in an abusive situation. I know it’s not easy, you know the right thing to do. May God give you strength to overcome this and open doors of provision!

6 Likes

You already know what you need to do, your just looking for the strength to do it. Hopefully all of these post will give you the validation and push your looking for. Trust your gut. You all are stronger than you think if you’ve been putting up with this abuse for years.

2 Likes

Not sure where you live but usually there are a lot of help for women in this type of situation. You need to get that girl out of there as well as the baby on the way. Some things to think about you don’t want Children and Youth showing up at your door step because he is abusive and taking your daughter and that unborn child once it is born. Or even worse he does something to end her life. I am sure there are shelters in the area you can go to and find help to get yourself together. I pray you find the help you need.

2 Likes

You are on the right track . you need to find safety for you and your child . you said he hits mom and yells . that is no place to live for anyone . tell mom she needs to leave . perhaps you 2 could leave together .begin making the nesseccary steps immediatly to get out. Find a church that might be able to help or a govt program . but go

2 Likes

Hustling while living in a situation that shows your daughter women have no value or strenth is no life for her. You are setting her up for a hard life. Show her a way she can be proud of. A way that will give her a happy life

2 Likes

Get out. This is child abuse for your daughter and your safety as well as hers are at risk!

2 Likes

Leave
Go to a shelter. Safety first for your babies. Things will get better.

1 Like

You are getting some good advice here. You, your kids and your mom, ALL must get away from this situation and Soon.

You need much more assistance than you can get this way. But it was a place to start
There must be something here that will help all. Just don’t wait because you are afraid. In a few days you could wonder why you waited so long. God bless you.

2 Likes

It is not easy but staying there is not good either. He could hurt you or your child. Your mom needs to get out to. It us,hard but you have to do what is,good for you.

2 Likes

You need to document Everytime he is abusive take pictures of the way he is abusive record his behavior call the police and get his ass kicked out of the house no one deserves to be treated like this get a lawyer and a restraining order against your Dad unless he is willing to get help for his abusive behavior don’t allow him to be around you and your family

3 Likes

Call the women’s shelter. They will give you a place to live and help get you back on your feet.

2 Likes

Honestly there’s no easy way so you need to bust your ass and get the hell out of there… do everything you can use assistants get on housing do whatever you got to do to get out of there immediately… Try to find a studio as cheap as possible and get out of there…

2 Likes

Prayers for you all!!! I dont think we should be criticizing her for being pregnant again, or putting it on Facebook. We should be giving her advice

3 Likes

Contact your church. Perhaps they can help. Or, a women’s shelter? I know that this will be unpopular, but why are you expecting again when you have no means to be independent?

1 Like

Um I’m assuming its his house. He might be upset that you have a kid and one on the way and he is supporting u. If you don’t like the way he is the get your shit together and leave. Js

3 Likes

Call the cops and he will probably get arrested for domestic if he is starting to get violent. Hell in a lot of states they will arrest for dv if you are just being verbally aggressive

Must you share your family secret on social media? This is unbelievable

1 Like

I’m beginning to think these questions are fabricated and not actually sent by real people.

Go to a womans shelter

Report him to police

why have a other child when you have no job and you live in house were your father beats your mom and you and your child WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU GET THE HELL OUT IF YOU DONT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT YOUR LIKE THINK ABOUT YOUR KID

Turn him in, assault and battery is a crime… growing up in that environment it’s awful and it breeds hate, anger, and issues with relationships, trust, what is acceptable and what isnt…

go to a woman’s shelter with your daughter and they can help you before he starts laying a hand on you or your daughter no one should have to deal with these abusive men

You and your mother should move out and get a place together and live the abusive monster behind. You need your mom and she needs you. Raise your kids in a happy loving environment.

My advice: stop getting pregnant. Take your child. Get a place of your own away from Daddy andbstand on your own two feet, which should be kept close together for the foreseeable future! Grow up!

7 Likes

This could have some long life bad affects for all involved- please remove yourselves from this and find shelter with either a church or local crises agency. You will see things fall into place for you and loved ones without the constant fear

I don’t know your entire situation, but you need your own place. There are plenty of agencies and things in place that can help you out, especially if you’re pregnant again. It’s gonna take a lot of hard work on your part, but you can do it. Do it for your kids! Let that be your reason and motivation!!! :heart:

1 Like

Apply for housing like section 8. If you live in a different state then it may be called something else. but if you just google “section 8” then your state, the correct name and info will come up. I’ve had a couple family members do this in bad situations, and they turned their life around tremendously by going this route! Hopefully if my advice isn’t a option hopefully someone else can offer something better, because I know Nasty Opinions and un helpful advice isn’t what you asked for​:blush: but I hope you get the help you’re looking for :confused:

Why would you allow yourself to get pregnant and bring another child into your situation?! The moment you had your first you shoulda moved out (unless you were in hs) but even then, you shoulda learned to be safer. Get out of the situation. Show your child what a healthy household should be!

4 Likes

Get out of there. Call weave, go to a shelf or a friend or family members house. But that place is toxic for you and your children. What would you do if he hit your child. Because chances are he has or he will.

You could loose your children if this was discovered by authorities! Please do whatever you have to to get out of there. It’s important!

1 Like

Leave. Even if it’s a shelter, better than being there. There’s also shelters that focus on mother’s children. Google is your best friend in finding places.

1 Like

File charges in men go to a domestic violence shelter

Get out, you love your child and you dont want her growing up thinking that the behavior she sees is ok. U know what that feels like you feel helpless,you dont want that for your child

Seek professional help.

Call the cops and press charges :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Ever play “hot grits” before?

1 Like