My dad is abusive and I don't know what to do: Advice?

My dad is extremely rude to my mom, and when I defend my mom, my dad wants to hit me with the fist in my face and throw me out of the house. Life hasn’t been easy for me. I’m still living with my parents after numerous failed attempts to live on my own. I have a daughter of 5 yo and is currently pregnant, so I know I should have been independent already, I have my own hustle despite being unemployed, so I don’t ask them any money. My concern is just that my daughter is growing up seeing this rage and abuse against women in the house, and at times, he’s like that with my child as well. It’s difficult finding a job here, and being pregnant, the chances are even slimmer. I need strength and courage to be strong for my child and unborn. I’m feeling hopeless

68 Likes

Find a shelter , report him :heart:

4 Likes

How about you stop having kids if you can’t even achieve independence :thinking:

13 Likes

Next time he hits you call the cops and put them in jail

6 Likes

Time to grow up and get a job and move out of your parents

4 Likes

Its called a gun and if the sob puts his hands on your children I’d use it!

3 Likes

only ur mum can help herself she needs to say no to abuse call da police n get help

Stab his ass really good and call the police

Keep your phone on and record him,call the law

1 Like

Report him it’s for everyones safety

1 Like

Have an intervention with your mom and have friends and family there. Call 211 find local programs to help you. You guys can do it.

1 Like

Find your nearest women’s battered shelter. They will help you succeed

4 Likes

Womens shelters in your area or even churches will be able to get you and your kids out of the environment. Your mom is choosing to stay in a toxic environment (weither fear or love being blind)… you do not have to choose that life for you and your children.

2 Likes

You and your Mom should find a place together to get you both out of that situation.

6 Likes

I left my husband because he was disrespectful of women especially when he was drunk which was everyday. He laid hands on me once. I raised my 3 daughters on my own. It wasn’t easy but I did it.

Um, yeah, so move out.

Maybe if the freeloaders.moved out he wouldn’t be so angry. However, if you are allowing him to hit you or your daughter either get out, or report him or both. If you allow him to hit your child then you are guilty of child abuse can be jailed and have your children taken from you. You do not deserve to be hit regardless of how angry he is. Love is NOT hitting people you supposedly love. Get away !Do you Understand that planned parenthood can help with birth control.

9 Likes

Press charges for assault

CALL THE POLICE EVERY TIME HE GETS VIOLENT. Put him in jail. Seek out women’s shelters. Seek out anybody. Domestic violence is NOT okay and your concern about what your child is seeing is completely valid. GET OUT. Domestic violence escalates. It will not always be a “minor” situation. Protect your children and get out of there!

8 Likes

Is there another family member you could live with until your able to get on your feet. The mom is the only one that can help herself sadly. But you can protect yourself and your children by leaving the situation.

Call the police and say you are a neighbour and can hear violence going on

3 Likes

Your Dad is abuse ,move to a homless shelter. Theyll help you get a job and housing.

5 Likes

Your daughter is growing up thinking this is normal behaviour.

2 Likes

You need to get out of there before you are on here posting something that he made you loose the baby or did something to your child…

Find a shelter, apply at apartments that goes by income, apply for government assistance… Do whatever you have to do to get out… Instead of choosing to do nothing and acting like there isn’t help out there… Bc there is

3 Likes

Go to a womens shelter. Theyll help u w housing and getting a job.

3 Likes

Let him hit you and call the cops.

4 Likes

Don’t wait for him to do it again! Get out now!! Even if it means going to a shelter. And report him! Your mom might not come with you, but you can’t have a child in that’s environment, tour cold could get taken away from you or worse your father may really hurt one of you! Idk where you live but there are lots of resources for domestic violence victims!

1 Like

You and your mom should find a work and fine a place to rent

2 Likes

Try asking your dad how he feels.
Maybe he is having a bad day.
Always take care of yourself first.

2 Likes

Whoever “ knocked you up “ should be looking out for you :rage:

2 Likes

Your number one job is to protect your CHILD. If you are knowingly letting this man abuse your child dont be surprised if DSS steps in and does it for you. I’m sorry if I sound harsh but you just said you didn’t have a easy life and now will subject your kids to that.

2 Likes

Or better yet tell your mom get a restraining order he will have to move out

Stop :raised_hand: an pray To God to give
you the strength to get through
this and keep praying and God
Will see you through!:grinning:

3 Likes

I’d say call the cops, but I was in a very similar situation during hurricane harvey. (I went to my parents house during it bc my husband’s and I house flooded and I was 7mo pregnant) my father started getting violent and pulled a shotgun out on us and shot it. We called the cops, and the cops didn’t do anything.
I seriously hope they will do something for you, though. :broken_heart:

1 Like

Call the law and get his ass thrown in jail. While he is in there your mother needs to file a restraining order. U need to get out asap. If u allow your child to stay around that then your just as guilty as him for submitting her to the abuse.

You will have to stop the cycle of abuse & May cost your dad his freedom but could save you your mom & your child’s life!! Truth be told he needs help Sending Prayers :purple_heart:

1 Like

Turn his ass in you don’t have to give your name

Record it. Call the police. Have him arrested. Put a restraining order on him.

Honestly, this is pretty disgusting. Go to a shelter, then get some birth control and your priorities straight. Funny how people find the time to fuck but not improve their life situations.

There’s no point in you defending your mom or calling the cops until your mom decides she has had enough. You need to talk to your mom or call a group of women to talk to her and tell her she’s strong enough to let go o this kind of abusive life. And if all goes well make sure you’re there for your mom and check on your daughter too.

1 Like

I’ve been in this situation and I can tell you from experience that this will ruin your child. It didn’t come out until a few years later, so you may think they are coping fine now, but it absolutely ruined my kid. We’ve been in therapy for years now and things are still rocky. Most people develop their lifelong issues by age 7. If I had it all to do over again I would move to a homeless shelter or live out of my car before subjecting my kid to this just to have a roof over our heads. See if you have any extended family, friends, friends of friends, church groups, ANYTHING that can help harbor you until you get out of your situation. Something that someone agrees to long term so there are no expectations that are failed that puts you back in that spot again. OP can pm me if they want to talk further. Also, I went to school for psychology and people coping w ptsd so I’m not uneducated on how to counsel people and kids who have been through rough patches, and between having a stable home and being in therapy there is still very little improvement (she is now 12). Trust me, getting your kid away from that NO MATTER WHAT is what you need to do

2 Likes

Call the dam police :rage:

1 Like

Try putting in an application with a place that hired disabled people thru ur pregnancy. I worked in what was my local rehabilitation facility for all 3 of my pregnancies all the way up to the week of my deliveries. Other places are afraid of lawsuits due to miscarriages. Good luck with ur dad and not good for a little one to see, feel or become a victim of rage in the home.
Either way I wish u guys the best

Go to a shelter. Get you and your child out of there.

4 Likes

Only YOU can change your situation/circumstance. If theres nothing there…go some place else…life is hard, but living in an abusive household is worse

3 Likes

Get a job not a “hustle” and move out.

9 Likes

You need to get out of there asap. I grew up in an abusive home; was also physically abused; you nor your children need to be in that environment. Being in that kind of place will have long term if not a lifetime of concequences!

2 Likes

Put your kids first. You can get help.

1 Like

Get out while u can. My youngest daughter’s father broke my nose n cheated on me finally enough was enough n i got a restraining order. He also hit my son same as my x husband. My daughter was in an abusive marriage in our home but we nvr saw it or knew. My kids have learned to nvr except this especially seeing what i went threw. My husband of 5 yrs still deals with me jumping at times when he touches me. So for the sake of ur kids get out

Go to shelter or turn him in are really the two options.

I suggest to leave n take your mom , now is abuse tomorrow could be murder l know Ive seen it!!!

1 Like

He treats your child like that and you’re pulling “i have no where else to go”?
Absolutely not. A shelter is better than someone putting their hands on your child.

4 Likes

Adult protective services for your mom…you and your kid need to leave immediately, find your local domestic violence shelter

Domestic violence center…immediately…

If he puts his hands on you have him arrested. Then you, your child, and your mother (if you could talk her into going with you) will qualify to live in a battered women’s shelter. They will help you get back on your feet. Been there. They helped my and my three children by providing EVERYTHING we needed when we got our new home. I’m talking about a 4 bedroom house too. They have programs and self help groups. Also find a Celebrate Recovery group. They help with ALL kinds of recovery. Even recovering from abusive relationships

2 Likes

Grow up, and get out. Go to a shelter. You let your father abuse your child??? What???

6 Likes

For the ones who leave rude judgmental comments You do realize that they wrote in looking for advice & are reaching out for help…like What if it was your family or friend going through this? Jesusweneedmorekindness

8 Likes

Shelters will help her get into a low income place too probably, especially being pregnant too, good luck

Call woman shelters near you they can help with resources and programs to help you get on your feet trust me I grew up in an abusive home it took woman shelters to get us out and across country your baby needs a healthy invorment I had alot of therapy when I wad a teen because I had anxiety and would go in attack mode from people yelling I’m a better person bow and learned to communicate my feelings properly

You wrote this looking for help. I seriously hope that you’re planning on taking the advice that the people on this thread is giving you. I agree with all of them.
Please give us an update on how you’re doing :pray:

Trust in GOD and move out

PRESS CHARGES ON HIM!There is NO excuse to let your child get abused! Either go to a shelter grow up, get a job and get your own place or put them up for adoption!!! LORD HAVE MERCY IF ANYONE EVER PUTS A HAND ON MY CHILD.

1 Like

Get out and take your poor mom with you

I’m sorry to hear you going through this sounds like you had it hard growing up. I applaud you for reaching out for advice​:clap: that’s the first step in breaking cycles like this! :two_hearts: sending love!

1 Like

Or you can MOVE OUT OF HIS HOUSE!!!

2 Likes

I would find a shelter. They’ll help you get on your feet. And away from abuse

1 Like

You can call your local hotline

You have the guts to ask that something publicly…now have the guts to listen to some of these advices and GTFO! Why you gonna let your 5 y.o daughter see that first hand? You’re a mother, DO WHAT IT TAKES TO DEFEND YOUR CHILD! Especially if you don’t want her growing up having series of mental disorders especially when its in YOUR hands.

3 Likes

The affects of what your child wittinesses now will affect her throughout her entire life, please go to a shelter. Your children’s safety is your first priority. Adverse Childhood Experiences do your research-please save yourself and your children.

I would be concerned about my kids growing up around that too! My suggestion figure out a way to get your sh*t together and move out on your own or with a friend or with another family member or to a shelter etc etc etc. And no more kids until you can stand on your own two feet and support them!

Try to get into a battered womens shelter. Here in arizona there is an organization for families looking at homelessness, and they get you into the appropriate shelter for your needs. Get you and your child and unborn baby to a safe place before your poor little girl begins to believe that his behavior is okay.

If he hits your child and you don’t call the police on him then you are just as guilty as he is in the eyes of the law and you could lose your child bc you failed to protect her. And if CPS gets involved with this child they will do an investigation after your new baby is born. So you need to do something before your life gets really messed up. Seriously… I’m a paralegal and the courts will charge you with neglect and child endangerment and him with child abuse and to be real with you… You are neglecting your child and putting your child in danger by not calling the police. Oh and another thing… If you don’t call the police for him hitting you or your mom… Same thing! Child endangerment and neglect! Because children shouldn’t have to watch someone be abused! It’s neglect and abusive!

3 Likes

Look for the resources for women in your area to get help getting your own place and job placement

1 Like

Get your mother, your child and unborn out of there and in a SAFE place. There are shelters, churches and other organizations that can and will help you. There’s no excuse to stay in a place where your children are living with abuse. I’m praying you find the strength to move on. You and your mother can make it.:heart:

3 Likes

Call your local social services, they can help find you housing and oh there kinds of her, financial, food stamps. You don’t have to depend on your dad. If your mom has stayed this long, she ain’t going nowhere now.

Call the darn cops…period!!! Father,son, or jesus…ain’t no one supposed to put their hands on you or be abusive… make a report anonymously to the police

4 Likes

You need to find a way to be on your own, get a studio apartment you can afford. You are an adult and it’s time you start acting like one. You have a 5 year old and are expecting it’s time to get it together. Your children need that from you. There are programs just call around

2 Likes

I feel for you but you knew all this and yet you get pregnant again really

7 Likes

Why can’t you do public aide and housing? They sometimes have help for emergancy situations.

1 Like

It’s imperative that you call Children and Youth/Protective services and the police. You can do it. You have to.

3 Likes

For one , I’d be damned if I would let my father beat on my mom in front of you and the kids. Two, he’s putting his hands on you for standing up for your mom he needs a taste of his own medicine. I would get one of my badass buddies that he doesn’t know and I would have his ass kicked for even touching any of you. Then I would have him put in jail and get a restraining order against him, if your mom won’t stand up for herself then you have to. For her and your kids and the one your bearing. If no one stands up to him he will not see the wrong he’s doing. And let alone the sry bastard is beating up woman, like I said get a man to kick his ass and put him in his place, then maybe you will finally get some peace of mind. Good luck sweetie, be strong and do you already know is right.

Have your own hustle?

Hustle your self and kid out of there then. There’s plenty of resources for single moms

8 Likes

I think I know the reason you are still living at home…you prefer a “hustle” over a fucking job…and teach your children about how not to be lazy. I raised two daughters single-handedly and worked hard to make a way for us…and I lived to tell about. So pull your head outta your ass, get your head screwed on straight, get a job and go be on your own and support yourself and your kids. There are domestic violence shelters that will give you a roof over your head and they have multiple resources to help you get your own place. Don’t be afraid to use government aid when you NEED it but then when you get your feet back on the ground, make your own way

Hunny if that happens again please don’t hesitate to call the cops. Your mom, you and your daughter need to go try to find a women’s shelter and get out as quickly as possible. You’re doing right by wanting to get her out of there, but it’s never okay to put yourself or your baby in a situation such as this especially if there is abuse of anything else like that. Please get out as soon as possible

4 Likes

Call the cops on hiim. Get a restraining order. If anything happens. Then what.

1 Like

You have your own hustle lmao that’s code for selling drugs LMAOOO n it shouldn’t be about not seeing abuse against women, it should be not dealing with abuse against ANYONE. Take your kids and go to a shelter if you have nowhere else to go

4 Likes

is he hitting any one? or just ragey … If he’s hitting people then call the cops, is not then leave. They don’t owe you anything and what your mother does is her choice, she’s an adult. Hard choices in life and it would be great if every thing was ideal but that is not reality. Reality is call the cops he goes to jail looses his job and all of you are homeless. Such a quick reaction to bring in the police to things that don’t need it. Learning to develop good boundaries and hold people accountable helps them to behave better. People will always treat you the way you allow them to. Being rude is not really abuse, it’s just being harsh and yes women don’t like it, nobody does. Yet somewhere you found it to be tolerable because you moved back in. Apply for housing, find a way and then get some help with your boundaries. Or are you just looking for people to feel bad for you and tell you how horrible the person you’re angry at is.

Move out with your mother

2 Likes

All these arseholes blaming her smh. Hes the father he shouldn’t be like that. But you need to move out! your mum is accepting that behavior by staying which is sad but you can’t save her. You need to get your life sorted and quickly!

Get out of there call the cops

2 Likes

I agree with do many of posts. Could be a roommate. And share expenses. But do not allow Dad to touch you or your children. You are stronger than you think

3 Likes

Don’t live in fear, it will consume you. I lived through abuse all my life except for the last 6 years I’ve been better. It’s hard, but you will see the light at the end of the storm. Get him out of your lives and quick. He’s too comfortable at this point and this needs to stop. Remember, don’t fear him or what may happen, God is greater than any man alive.

1 Like

Where is baby’s Daddy. can you not live with him.

You know and recognize abuse. So find a domestic viokenc helpline…Safe Horizon any place for shelter and go. Your daughter is watching verbal emotional and physical abuse and she is learning this how she should be treated.

Girl I will pray for you an your mom an babies I hope things get better for all of you stay strong ok keep the baby away from him you to be good to yourself an your mom she is all you have

1 Like

You are gonna be ok!
:green_heart: praying for you.

Keep your
knees together

1 Like

Go to a womans shelter. LEAVE!

Leave and get help!!!

It’s not a good environment for ur children. Get out as soon as possible.