My daughter comes home from school defeated:Advice?

I would really find out what really is going on to see just why she hates school that much. But the burning it down part, really should worry you, a whole LOT !!!

In Oregon there is not an age minimum for assault or battery. My child was punched by someone 3 grades above her. I went to the police before I went to the principal, I actually gave the principal the case number and explained that if theres no action on her part I wont hesitate to press charges on the student and her. This instance was not the first for my child, but I never had names for the other bullies and the school wouldn’t give them to me bc of student confidentiality. But since my child knew this bullies full name I was able to look the kid up from the PTA list and verify it and give the info to the police. Once the school realized I didn’t give a shit about how old these kids are they stepped up and added 3 more teachers to recess, before school and after school to monitor better, their excuse was that theres too many kids and they never see anything happen. They made other changes too and increased the step up to bullies curriculum. My daughter went into counseling which helped a lot. So far this school year has been amazing, no issues, and the principal and teachers are on the same page now, but it took a lot of leg work for me to get to this point. And if I am seen as the crazy mom, then so be it! Idgaf!!!

FYI, the police are hesitant to press charges on a child. They told me I would need to make 3 separate reports about the same child before they would allow me to press charges unless the assault ends with broken bones or a hospital visit.

And yes, if a 10 year old breaks my daughter’s nose I will press charges on the child, their parents, and the school. These kids learn this crap from horrible parenting, but at some point they need to be taught a lesson, their parents aren’t doing the teaching, so I will!!!

Can u volunteer and be in the class to see how the days unfolding. Presence let’s them know you’re aware and will be around for your kid.

2 Likes

My friend has a son who this same stuff would happen she just pulled him school and he will be starting homeschool soon and said he is excited to be learning without teachers and children being mean

Move schools. She sounds like she needs a fresh start at a school with no bad experiences and to give her a chance to make a friend.

Get her out of that school. Home school for awhile. The other kids won’t change. You have to be the change for your daughter. Her self worth and self esteem must be addressed!!

2 Likes

Schedule a parent teacher conference and make sure all her teachers know what going on including the principal. My son is in 4th grade and has had a lot of issues this year. The teachers and principal have been amazing.

Now my personal opinion, a lot of people are against therapy. Lala has endured trauma at school and if not dealt with she can develope some negative feelings towards herself. Yes, my son is in therapy and calls himself a bad boy and feels he does everything wrong. But he has started telling his teachers or principal when someone is bothering him. Therapy works if you let it and my kids are proof.

Go to the pta or board of schools… this is way out of line… no child should ever be bullied… report them all tell someone listen… prayers for her… my heart is touched by this… I drive school bus and refuse to let any bullying go on my bus…

Homeschool. Problem solved and happy kid!

You were right to get her help. Always let her know you have her back

I would get a voice activated tape recorder and put it in her backpack so I could really fing out what was going on before I made any judgements. you could be surprised or learned the truth

Listen to her cause sometimes they never want to address these problems I hope things get better for her .

You definitely have a problem, at best she just hates school and at worst she is being bullied and talk of burning down the school is maybe a sign of her mental instability. So sad

I went through this with my son be bullied made fun of the teacher calling 3 to 4 times a week and they wanted to do as little as possible I told the principal i was going to sit in his class everyday till this problem could be resolved and after a week needless to say the teacher changed his attitude and my son was alot happier.
They knew I was not going to stop and things changed. Its sad but even some teachers pick a child to pick on and there was no way I was having my son being mistreated.
Also the teacher was let go a few months later, don’t give up its sad but we have to fight for are childrens happiness and there in school a long time.

1 Like

Get her into therapy, something is wrong.

Put her in another school. I was bullied k-6. It stuck with me into my twenties. Nobody did anything about it, including teachers. If I had changed schools I could have started over.

So sorry to hear this , hug her extra make sure she knows none of this is her fault , the kid that hit her needs to held responsible, I tell my daughter if someone hits you tell the teacher if nothing is done and it happens again rock that kid down to the floor ! I would write a letter to everyone the superintendent dean the department of education! May you be met with kind and helpful people going forward, Praying for your little girl!!

How about a new environment? Look for another school because clearly I don’t think it’ll work out now for her… she doesn’t even have friends.

Going through literally the same thing with my 3rd grader. Comments and all. His kindergarten and first grade teachers were great, but he got picked on alot, his second grade teacher belittled him as well. Called him nasty things and punished him in the cruelest ways bc he has adhd and couldnt sit still and due that that he was disrespectful to her bc he wasn’t able to sit still and shut up when she demanded it. All year I heard things like he can’t do anything right, he isn’t learning anything, and things like that… prayers for your baby!

I would say try and move schools, but they also have online schools now. K-12. It’s cool you got her in therapy. I Definitely commend you for that… I’m sorry your little is having such a hard time.

Get her out of that school…i had to do it for my oldest…made a world of difference when i went to catholic boatd from public

I am still recovering from the trauma of school as an adult. Not to be extreme, but kids are literally killing themselves because they have to deal with what you described. Get her out of that school immediately!