My daughter does not sleep through the night...help!

HELP !!! My daughter will be 1 on the 31st and she has never slept through the night! She’s pretty much still up every 3-4 hours for a bottle. We never did the rice or cereal in her bottle due to stomach issues. I am switching her now from formula to almond milk but I just want her to sleep through the night already !

21 Likes

My almost two year old doesn’t even wake for a bottle. Just wants us to go in his room. We’ve had a handful of nights he slept all the way through. Besides that it’s every night. Hang in there mama

My daughter was over a year old before she slept through the night

It’s biologically normal for them to wake up still. My 14 month old still wakes up 4-6 times a night. I still wake up for a drink or to go to the bathroom. Why would I expect my literal baby to sleep through the night? Their is nothing you should or can change. It’s completely normal.

5 Likes

Less fluids through the day and more healthy foods. Shorter naps and more interactions to wear them down always helps.

My son never slept through the night until closer to 3. I can cut out a late afternoon nap if there is one, make sure they have a good dinner and no screen time before bed. We use magnesium lotion, I think it helps.

I feel lucky I have twins 10 months old , & they sleep through the night since they were 6months old they both in bed at 8:30pm an wake up at 6:30am

I got them in a routine since they 4months an still got it.
All the best to you

1 Like

Is she eating enough solids through the day,? Sleeping to much during the day.
I had 4 children and they were all sleeping through the night by 1, routine routine routine :heart:

1 Like

I have 4 kids & no matter what I did they didn’t sleep thru the night till they were like 4… good luck

2 Likes

She’s her own little person , she will be sleeping through the night before you know it . Just love her and rock her and do what she needs , you’re her mama for a reason :pray:

1 Like

I used to put things like sweet potatoes and oatmeal in a warm bottle it helps tons

Mine didn’t sleep through the night until they were about 4. Once in a while they would not not always. Try adding rice cereal and see what happens…

My daughter was the same. It will pass eventually. Just enjoy being mommy as best as you can, a tired mommy ((Hugs))

I have heard good things about kids ripple pea protein milk it helps keep them full longer stretches between meals it’s right by the almond and oat milk

Mine didn’t til around 4 :woman_shrugging:t3:

Normal my son was almost 4 and the only thing that stopped was his wanting to nurse/ eat or drink. After that he still woke but would fall back to sleep on his own.

My child was over 2 years before he ever did. It was so hard.

my 5 year old doesn’t most nights :woozy_face:

My son is literally turning 3 this month and he just now (literally like a week ago) just started to sleep through the night!

Mine is 1 and still doesn’t either… it’s normal… some get lucky and have babies that do, but every baby is different. Mine is breastfed so she finds her booby and goes right back to sleep ( we have a co-sleeper bed on the side attached to the bed). However, mine is very attached and clingy and won’t even nap without being on someone. My other 2 babies slept by themselves and napped alone… it’s just one of those things as parents we go with and try and find things that help get them there. If there’s any concerns I suggest speaking with her pediatrician with. Also, please be careful with the almond milk that you supplement iron rich foods… as babies can become anemic once they go off the formula and lose that as an iron source. Goodluck and hopefully you can get in the swing of things with your little one.

2 Likes

All my girls slept/sleep through the night. My older three from baby time. Two are toddlers & wake to use the bathroom or a bad dream. My baby (10mos) also sleeps through the night. Routine helps & keeping their schedules tight has always worked. Everyone down by 9pm. I make sure baby has a full meal, baby food with oatmeal, shower then 8oz bottle & a dark room with minimal noise & she’s off to sleep.

Mine didn’t until she was 3 and we started to cosleep

One of mine never slept a whole night until he was 8. Another not until he was 7, have a 20 month old who’s slept 3 whole nights. Forced routines don’t work. If they don’t find their own they won’t.

Unfortunately that’s pretty normal. My 7 year old still wanders into my room sometimes :sweat_smile: My 4 year old gets up at 5am, and my 2 year old is the worst sleeper I’ve ever met.

2 Likes

You can’t just make it happen…it’ll happen when it happens.

6 Likes

My boys didn’t sleep through the night until they were 4 or 5. Now they’re 15 and 21 and they wake me up when they’re raiding the kitchen at midnight or coming home at 2am. :rofl:

5 Likes

Mine still doesn’t sleep thru the night and he’s 15.

You need to cut the nighttime bottles especially when you start potty training too cause that’s why she’s up so much. She sees the bottle as a comfort during the nights. You need to find something else for her to use as a comfort instead of the bottle cause I guarantee that’s why she’s up half the night. Also do a calm soothing relaxing nighttime routine. Spray the room with calming essential oils. Put a nightlight in her room. Doing a warm bath with nighttime bubbles (I think they still make them but idk) then afterwards give her a body massage with lavender baby lotion (again idk if they still make it)… also If she’s sleeping in your room it’s time to possibly transition her to her own room cause she could also be waking up if she’s in your room also.

I did not get a “full” nights rest from 2012 until about 2019. Now I’m convinced that i was awake so much at night i just can’t sleep thru the night even now that i have the opportunity to. I still wake up at least twice throughout the night. I also still take my youngest to the bashful once a night as she has had some difficulties with over night potty training. :sweat_smile: if i don’t take her she will end up wetting the bed and I’d rather not wash bed linens every day!

Wish I had an answer, my daughter is 7 & still doesn’t sleep through the night :melting_face: crawls into my bed every night

No more nappy time for her in the day time. I kept my kiddo up from 730am -730 pm and se would sleep all day. Nap time isn’t for everyone

Our son woke up after a few hours of sleep to eat. Always had tons of ear infections. We had him checked and he ended up getting tubes put in at 7 months. After that he slept through the night.

Best advice , doesn’t hurt to check with your pediatrician.

1 Like

My daughter didn’t sleep through the night until she was about 6 :woman_shrugging:

My son 1yr old is the same. I’ve had 8 kids all different. My 3 year old still wakes up looking for a bottle at 2/3am but my 2yr old will sleep the whole night through. Eventually your baby will sleep the whole night. It has nothing to with what milk you’re giving your baby unless they are waking up spewing.

My daughter never slept til around 3 yrs of age and now almost 9 she loves sleep :zzz: haha
I tried everything in the books and any suggestion anyone had nothing worked.

Mine didn’t start sleeping through the night until he was 2 -2 1/2

Doctor suggested camomile tea when I had mh 3rd when she was a few weeks old. Worked a treat

start a nighttime routine.
warm bath & light a lavender scented candle for her while she’s in the tub and have on burning in her room.
warm bottle and then bed. when you put her down, be sure to blow out the candles. it always worked for mine. m

if she’s not in her own room by now, she definitely should be. i always had mine in their own room from day 1. i promise it helps.

1 Like

Don’t put cereal in a bottle and take her off the bottle. She should be eating regular meals at regular times. She may be hungry.

5 Likes

My middle daughter never slept through night till she was 3 and started preschool we did sleep testing before that and when and if fell asleep she would fall asleep when had to get up I went backwards to get where we are now and she is 12 now when younger I gave late bath with night time soap bed about 11pm it was a struggle I was living on no sleep if any it was an hr a day and working and as got older by no choice Dr. Oked a low dose melatonin.

My son never slept through until he was 4! But I did find a white noise machine helped a tad to cut out some sounds in the house

2 Likes

Does she have something substantial to eat a couple of hours before bed? Jar baby food, like a vegetable or fruit? My middle child was like your little one, and I sought the pediatricians advice finally. He said, “you’re going to have to let her cry it out for 3 nights…the first night will be horrendous but don’t give in. The second night she’ll still cry but a little less. The third night she’ll cry at first, then sleep the rest of the night, and after that night she’ll sleep through”. I thought, “he’s crazy, won’t work, or I’ll wind up giving in…” Well, I followed his instructions, difficult as it was…the rest of us had ear plugs or a pillow over our ears… but guess what! IT WORKED! And our lives at nighttime forever after were HEAVEN!

1 Like

Sad to say mine 8 and 12 theynever sleep through or easily went down to late even with meds

Lol my kids didn’t sleep thru til 3 or 4.

Walmart bath massage may help

Seems like you’re rushing her.

1 Like

Find something baby can tolerate to help fill stomach.

Some don’t need as much sleep as others, my edlesr was up like 4 times a night till she started achool at 4 years old, my youngest didn’t sleep through till she started nursery a year ago she’s now 3 and the most laziest child :rofl::rofl:

Mine is 19 months and still doesn’t

When my daughter woke for milk, the midwife told me to give her water, she doesn’t need food at night. I only gave it once, she never woke at night after that.

My 2 year wakes up several times at night still. My 4-year-old struggles to get to sleep. 18-month-old, it’s 50/50. Some nights, when they are all asleep by 1 am, I go make sure they are all breathing. Normally, we are up and down all night. It’s normal; she will sleep eventually

It’s often because they know you’ll come and give them attention, slowly make the length of attention less and less.

You get what you get with kids. There are no magic solutions.

I gave mine a meal quite late at night as they were waking up hungry in the night. It really helped.

My 7 yr old stil gets up at night and tries to talk her way into my bed a couple times a week. My 11 yo wakes me up going to the bathroom several times a week. My 6 month old is every 2-3 hrs every night. Some kids just don’t sleep through.

Feed her food. 3 meals 2 snacks no bottles use a cup for drinks

Try a warm filling meal before bed and a warm bath

Feed her some fruit. She will feel full and sleep longer.

Nestum cereal works well for tummy … My baby also suffers with tummy issues but since I’ve been putting cereal in her milk she sleeps through the night

My kid put herself on a routine from birth. I guess I was one of the lucky ones

She is still at the age of waking up for her bottle. She will change! Give it time .

My kids are 4 and 8 and still don’t sleep all night

Both kids didn’t start sleeping through the night until almost 2. She wakes up expecting the bottle. I started putting water in the bottle instead of milk and even tho they cried after a few nights they realized there was no reason to get up in the middle of the night cause they were just gonna get some water

My 1 year old boy will sleep until 8:30am. He’s been sick recently so we have a vaporizer in his room that has lavender scent! Maybe try lavender? Or a later bed time? My son will take one nap a day for an hour and a half

my son didn’t sleep through the night more then a single handful of times until he was 3

My daughter didn’t start sleeping through the night till she was 3. My son started at 1 1/2

My son is five, he doesn’t sleep all night. I’m 29 and I don’t sleep all night :joy: I think it’s ridiculous that people just expect it to happen with a child, some will sleep all night, but not all.

1 Like

Goats milk of RAW milk might help almond mild isn’t milk and it’s worse that formular

Keep kids active so they are tired out by bedtime and that may help. But hey, having kids means sleepless nights for parents.

Only give her water if she wakes and tell her to get to sleep the only way to get kids to sleep throw the night is not to give them anything to wake up for

Really??? This has to be a joke. If you wanted SLEEP you should NEVER have had a child. Grow up. You created a human being who has no concept of your expectations. I actually feel sorry for your child at a year old. You have ZERO clue what is coming your way. Please…… remove your selfishness from the situation or allow another ADULT to raise your child without you…… and don’t have anymore babies. The infant stage is the easiest! FFS. TELL ME THIS IS A JOKE! I had two 7 years apart and my second had SEVERE ISSUES!!!