My daughter has constantly been sick...advice?

Recently my poor daughter has been sick A LOT. It’s just one thing after another. She’s almost 5 and finishing her preschool year. Last month alone she had 2 ear infections and has been congested and snotty for months. Find out that she needs ear tubes and her adenoids removed in a few weeks because those suckers are huge and causing issues. Today she’s unwell again, this time it’s a UTI and another ear infection starting to develop. I’m so frustrated because I feel so bad and I feel like I’m royally failing her when she’s constantly having pain and discomfort. I’m trying so hard to fix it and she keeps getting slammed with something else. On her third antibiotic in a month.

8 Likes

My son was the same way in kindergarten. He had his adenoids and tonsils out plus tubes put in his ears and honestly this year he only was sick with the storm bug. Those surgeries were life changing fo him. No more runny nose and snoring also. You will see a change after surgery. Good luck :blush:

It’s so hard. The schools and daycares are like Petrie dishes. It’s rough, but everything will be ok. Your best defense is helping her to learn just how important it is to wash her hands properly and don’t touch her face. Good luck Mama :heart:

I can relate my daughter started preschool this year and it’s been one illness after another for her and then she gets my 1 yr old sick too. I’m told this is normal when kids start school but it’s been the worst.

Mama your doing your best I get my youngest is sickly he’s only 14 months and from pregnancy it’s been a struggle he already been hospitalized 3 times from covid and other sickness he has weak lungs but I know do everything in my power for him and will always do everything I can for him and I know your doing everything you can for your daughter don’t feel bad mama your doing great

Look into homeopathics and other alternatives medicines. Antibiotics kill all the good bacteria along with the bad and you want to build immunities. Every time she takes antibiotics you start from scratch having to rebuild immunities again.

Also be sure she gets vitamins, a good diet (look into low yeast, low sugar) and plenty of fresh air and exercise. You may also want to give her acidophilus and garlic at meals. I’d get the capsules and empty them into food.

My son was like this as a baby, took him to a homeopathic doctor and after a year of working with her he hardly ever got sick. He’s still really healthy and has healthy habits in his 30s.

My daughter and I get sick like at least once a month since she started going to elementary school. I just make sure to get sad but hopeful that all of this are temporary. As long as you go see a doctor and make sure to be more open-minded. You can’t control everything. We know you’re doing your best. Just focus on being rational. Everything will be fine.

I feel you I’ve had strep like 3 times this year plus what ever else this was that I just had an am getting over I thought it was sinus infection upper respiratory issues but man the inflammation sucks I feel I can’t catch a break this year poor kiddo I hope she gets better

It’s from the daycare they probably aren’t sanitizing

1 Like

It’s our first year in school and it’s been rough too. Almost pulled her out because I was so over it lol. We do non flavored probiotic in milk each morning. Idk if it helps but it can’t hurt lol

Once the adenoids are out things will clear up for her! I would wait on ears and see after adenoids are out. she may not really need tubes!

Apple cider vinegar daily

Get her a probiotic. AZO for the UTI. Ear candles for the ears.

Is this her first year in preschool setting? Her immunity is built up yet. Ask her doctor about virtamans

Same. It’s been horrible since October for us. Our baby girl was born in October and at 5 weeks she got rsv then it’s been illness after illness since then. Plus she has asthma thanks to the rsv so any little head cold is a complete nightmare. My son also needs his adenoids/tonsils removed next week. Ear infections galore in this house too. Idk what it is about the last few months but it’s not just you so don’t feel like you’re failing mama. I keep waiting for hand foot mouth to make its rounds :roll_eyes::sob:

Same thing happened to my son. One thing after another. 6 back to back ear infections. Tubes did the trick. He’s only had a couple of colds since then (7/2022) doctor said Zyrtec daily will help reduce fluid in the ears until tubes are placed

Zyrtec… it will help keep sinuses dried up, so hopefully less ear infections. My 5 yr old has Reactive Airway disease (asthma), but due to him being so prone to pneumonia and RSV every day he has Flonase and Zyrtec along with an inhaler 2xs a day. Thankfully, no hospitals this year. It’s literally been a game changer!

I can definitely relate my nine-year-old is in the fourth grade, and even him it’s like every other month he has some thing. As of right now three of my five kids are sick. I really have no advice as we’re going through something similar but I hope your daughter feels better soon. 

Daycare will do it. !! I work in childcare. They are sick year around. And a lot of parents can’t afford to keep their child at home. But just take daily vitamins and look at it as building her immune system! If docs aren’t worried she’s fine!

Not your fault. Kids are germ buckets and every school is a breeding ground. Give her plenty of water, some herbal teas at your discretion will be an extra help for any inflammation and soothing to sleep like chamomile and lavender. Shouldn’t interfere with antibiotics at all but Google just in case. It’s virus time our kids have been alternating and sharing sickness too. Do the best you can. It will clear up. I read they have earache drops now, haven’t used any yet myself but I’m interested in trying them out in the future.

My 5yo asd son started jk this year. They started beginning of September, and as of today, he’s missed literally half bc he was sick. He gets a week at school and then he’s out for a week. Longest he’s been in school without being sick was a week and a half.