My daughter pushed my niece and my sister got really angry....advice?

Your sister was out of line. Ann Destiny is it you as you’re reacting angry to every comment

The party probably stressed out your sister. 2yos push each other. Usually it’s their attempt to communicate “go over there”, “I don’t like that” etc. You know since toddlers don’t have full language skills yet.

They are 2 give me a break! Who is your sister trying to impress belittling you and your daughter? Sorry not sorry your sister should have not been so drastic!

Your sister definitely overreacted. They’re 2! This is going to happen!

I’d tell her that by reacting that way, SHE ruined her step son’s party, not you. I’m sure he was more embarrassed by her yelling, than your daughter pushing her cousin. At 2, that behavior is normal. There’s really not much you could’ve done, except get up and get your daughter, which you already said you were in the process of doing. I’d let your sister cool down or whatever, then I’d ask her if she’d like to talk about the problem like an adult, and then go from there.

4 Likes

She’s the one who yelled at you in front of the entire family so she ruined the party not you. Not to mention they are both 2, they’re still learning how to be kids.

SMH it be your own family too

They are 2. Not much you could do. Your sister handled it wrong

8 Likes

Cousins will have problems. They are two years old. Your sister handle this situation wrong. You need to call her and find out why she acted this way in front of her inlaws

She’s 2 years old! Kids do stuff. Get her to apologize and redirect her attention elsewhere.
Sister acted like a child, too.
The kid had an excuse for acting like a child; no excuse for sister.

Switch roles and say it was your neice pushing your daughter I’m sure you would feel upset. One time I could understand but your daughter continued to push your sister was looking out for her daughter the same way you would no parent likes seeing their kid get pushed around I’m extremely protective as well and during my baby shower my niece had bitten my older son on the face left a huge black and blue mark I flipped out on my sister and disciplined my niece as her mother was right next to her and didn’t say a word. I a few days later apologized to my sister and explained how I freaked out that my kid was bitten and I flew into protective control. Give your sister a talk if she doesn’t come to you first I was angry and I snapped I immediately felt bad about situation but I was too angry to apologize that day. Sometimes emotions get the best of us I usually just let the kids work it out. Please don’t think I’m being rude I just was in your sister’s place sort of and wanted to share

Your sister heavily overreacted and she’s probably embarrassed.

2 Likes

A. Why can’t you carry both kids? B. The way your sister reacted would say this is probably not the first time it’s happened and C. Did you even bother to discipline your child or apologise for her actions? It doesn’t matter why she did it, it’s your job to teach your child that that is uncalled for. My almost 2yro is deaf and doesn’t sign, he however gets told off for being mean

6 Likes

That is completely normal behavior for a 2 year old. Your sister blew up and ruined the party not you.

Your sister sounds absolutely horrible tbh

They are two, seriously she got mad?

That’s what 2 year olds do. You correct it and you move on your sister was acting like a child and if anybody was acting embarassing it was her.

I am taking ECE in school right now and for being 2 that is normal they do not have the language to tell you what happened your sister needs to relax no child is perfect

You’r sisters a whacko, don’t worry one day her little darling will do that to another kid and she’ll see how stupid she is

She’s 2. Your sisters an ass.

She’s a freaking kid your sister might be a bit psychotic for such an over reaction.

She overreacted but I’m sure that was not the first incident! Maybe she feels your daughter is a bully

You responded appropriately. Your daughter is still learning how to be a social human. Pushing is not okay, but you discouraged the behavior, intervened as quickly as is reasonable, and removed your child from the situation. That’s how kids learn not to push others. Toddlers are incapable of malice. They’re discovering the world around them and learning how to interact with it while their brains are still developing. They don’t have impulse control or rational skills at 2 years old. Your sister definitely overreacted and ruined her own party.

Your sister needs to grow the hell up and get over it. These things happen. She sounds like a brat. Screenshot all these comments and send it to her :joy:

Your sister is acting more like a child than the children. I think she owes you an apology for embarrassing you in front of everyone.

Your sister over reacted a lot. Kids push each other it’s a given especially at 2!
I think she owes you an apology for that kind of reaction, she ruined the party not you.

my family and I completely fell out over my great neice about 3 of them bullying my granddaughter all around the same age. it ws terrible n ugly. Sumtimes family is the worst n it shdnt b that way at all .

My 6 year old daughter pushes her 10 year old sister all the time, my 6 year old daughter is delayed in a lot of things and her speech is like a 2.5 year old child. You did the right thing trying to stop your child from pushing your niece, your sister shouldn’t have yelled at you but having family members in the house and doing a birthday party can be stressful. Give your sister a few days to get over the stress of the situation and see how she feels about her niece playing with her daughter again. Just remember that the kids are 2 years old and the pushing is normal, wait until they start biting each other if they do that.

She overreacted. What a drama queen.

Sounds like mom (sister) ruined the birthday party not the two year old like cmon now :woman_facepalming:t2:

I am sure your nephew did not care about the 2 years old. But he was embarrassed by your sisters actions.

Totally out of line and she embarrassed herself yelling and acting a fool over 2 year olds pushing ugh i hope her daughter don’t go to daycare because kids are worst there. I wouldn’t be bothered with her for a while and especially until she apologize
Family think they can say and do whatever and it’s okay because your family ummm nope

Your sister is psycho. We should model behavior for our children.

She’s 2. You do nothing. You already removed her from the situation. Your sisters a lunatic

She’s the one who ruined it with her attitude they’re babies!

:scream: If my sister screamed at me and my daughter to leave :triumph: her house especially in front of a house full she wouldn’t EVER … NEVER… EVER… have to worry about me stepping foot back inside her door again. :ok_hand::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:… That absolutely ridiculous :roll_eyes:.
2 year old do this, heck 10 yr olds do this… but at 2 they do not know better. Your sister is unhinged somewhere in there , to act like that ,party or no party, stress or no stress no grown woman reacts this way about 2 yr olds . Your sister has a lot to learn and a lot of growing up to do… And she would be learning and doing it in her apartment alone because no one has a right to be treated that way and I would Never allow her around my daughter ( any of your children) unsupervised period!!! obviously because if she did that to your face in front of God knows how many people then I would hate to see what she would do without a audience… holy cow :bomb::boom::exploding_head:.
I have 38 nephews and nieces and even more great nephews and nieces, even some great great one’s. If our family act like that we would be at War daily. Armageddon Style War .
Kids will be kid’s , you teach them and show them and they learn as they grow … Your sister is absolutely out of line… She ruined her step sons birthday by acting like a complete immature idiot honestly :roll_eyes: and then tried to gaslight you into believing you ruined it…
Wow just Wow !!!
And mad at your Mother her own Mom for carrying the baby -her Grandchildren back to your apartment. This says heaps about your sister :crazy_face:. I would recommend to her that she see a therapist … Her issues go beyond a 2yr olds push.
Good Luck with that one.
It sounds like your use to getting this behavior from her and accustomed to accepting it.
I recommend that you don’t anymore and you stand UP NOW or you will Forever be subjected to her behavior towards you and your children from now on…
Best wishes :hibiscus:

She ruined her stepsons party Not you, by the way she reacted to a situation involving 2 yr Olds! Good Grief I sincerely hope she’s not a teacher or doesn’t take her 2 year old around other 2 year Olds very often…wtf😳

Your sister ruined the party and you need to tell her that she’s the you that ruined it by acting like a child. They are 2 years old that’s going to happen.

2 years, really. Your sister over reacted. You should talk to your daughter that it is not nice and should not do that.

Your sister needs to get over herself. They’re kids and she should treat yours like her own. I have so many siblings and we all have kids who go through this. We just decipline the one who is at fault and teach them to be nice to eachother. She totally overreacted and its her loss not yours. I’d be mad and stay tf away from her until she apologizes.

10 Likes

No big deal. Kids do not always play nice. Some should say sorry and give a hug and continue. Or separate them until they are nice to each other. Sister should not be yelling like that and embarrassing you. Blow up for nothing.

They’re 2… little kids don’t know how to handle big emotions yet, especially at the age of 2. I think ur sister took it overboard. :grimacing:

They are 2. She needs to chill and understand it happens with kids that age and older. I’m sure there have been times it went the other way just it wasn’t seen.

There 2 it happens… they don’t know any better … ur sister seems petty

Your sister sounds like a spoiled brat

It seems like she choose her step family over blood

Sounds like ur sister may of had anxiety and took it out on ur daughter.ur daughter is 2 these things happen.

Your sister is psycho. Your daughter is at the age of learning and this is an opportunity to teach her right from wrong. And that we keep our hands to ourselves and to find an adult when she is feeling angry enough to want to push someone. They are two!!

Lol lol kids at 2 sometimes does worse than push each other like bite hit and such your sister over reacted . If you went to correct your child and your sister got mad because you didnt correct her her way too bad stay away from her till she comes to you. I’d say there has to be a reason your child did so maybe her little princess takes things from yours lol I think you as adults and parents need to watch to see what the root of it all and quit being touchy on this… your mad but the kids let it go lol like you should

If a child pushing another child completely ruins a birthday in her opinion that she’s very lucky and privileged that she considers it to be that deep…

They’re two. It’s what kids do

My niece pushed my daughter after my daughter pushed her first. My daughter broke her arm so badly she needed surgery. I still love my sister and niece and never was angry at either of them. They’re kids. That’s what they will do. Your sister was waiting on a reason to be mad at you.

Stop making excuses for her, she’s 2. She’s still a baby.
Your sister should be ashamed of herself

Your sister is a witch. They are two. Kids do things. Tell her there is a lot of meaner things coming her daughter’s way and a simple childish push is not one of them. It’s ridiculous how mom’s these days try to keep their kids in a plastic bubble.

I feel your sister overreacted and ruined her step son’s party on her own. The girls are 2 they are still growing and learning and that’s what 2 year olds do to flip out on you is silly and to be mad at your mom for what ? Being a good grandma and helping her daughter :roll_eyes:

This is what children do. Speak to them so they learn. Your sister seems to be the third 2 year old present.

Your sister is a bitch. She ruined the party, not you.

She overreacted infront of her in laws. She’s probably mad at something or someone and let it out on you. They are kids and kid do act that way. I thought her daughter broke a bone or in icu :roll_eyes:. She ruined her own stepsons party