My daughter randomly gets fevers...advice?

My daughter randomly gets fevers but no other symptoms does anyone know why this happens?We have gone to the hospital before and she tests negative for everything they always tell me to alternate between Motrin & Tylenol every 3 hours until her fever breaks. (She’s 11 by the way)

4 Likes

You may want to have your daughter tested for autoimmune or genetic disorders if they don’t improve or haven’t already. I had a friend start doing this at the same age and at 15 was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis when she seized from one of the fevers.

3 Likes

My son has this happen every so often as well. He’s 5.5yrs.
Once in a blue moon he will run a fever with no symptoms, sometimes high sometimes low.
I always figured it was his body fighting off something viral ECT and his body won the fight. His usually only last a day at most tho.

1 Like

I’d have her PCP give her a blood test for allergies. It could be something she is eating. Also if her blood work shows inflammation then I’d suggest asking for a referral to a Rheumatologist to discuss any autoimmune diseases.

1 Like

If you haven’t already I would definitely mention it to her pediatrician even if you have to a few times. It can be nothing but it also can be an underlying cause of something more serious starting. Keep track of them too in case you would need to know when she started getting them

My daughter is also like this but it has been happening more frequently in the last 2½ years (shes 5½). I dont know what it is, sometime it will last up to 4-5 days. We rotate motrin/tylenol get her tested for everything under the sun and all comes back negative.

You need to speak with her pediatrician about it . If her fever isn’t making uncomfortable instead of medicating it let the fever do its job and fight off whatever in her body is causing it. Allergies will not cause fever, some type of infection is causing it and fever reducer isn’t going to do anything but mask the problem. I hope you are able to get to the root cause of it.

When I was a young child, I had a lot of fevers. It was caused from kidney infections. Just an idea or something different to look into🤷🏼‍♀️

One of my daughters has a constant temperature of 96 and the other has one is 99.9. That’s their normal temperature. They have been tested and apparently it’s just their normal. They are now 14 and 16. It has never changed

I know this sounds odd, but please have her tested for Lyme disease and other autoimmune diseases.

1 Like

Dehydration can cause fever too

Is she cutting her wisdom teeth?

That is correct information
Also a temped bath will help

Google PFAPA. If those are her symptoms see a pediatric infectious disease dr

My son went through that from when he was 4 years old until he was 6. It was all from his tonsils. He kept getting tonsillitis and the only symptom would be a high fever and headache from the fever. Never once had strep. Fought with doctors and they finally agreed to take them out. 1 year later and hasn’t had a fever like that since. Just throwing it out there bc I went crazy for 2 years. Not saying that’s what’s wrong in your case but it doesn’t hurt to check. Good luck❤️ fevers are the worst

Kids get fever viruses . It’s just a virus where the only symptom is a fever

Maybe ask her pediatrician…

Try her PCP, not friggin Facebook