My daughter spaces out a lot..advice?

Sometimes I feel like my daughter tunes me out when I am talking or she will jsu tstart staring into space when watching a movie…she snaps right out of it if i touch her but i just dont get what could cause this

1 Like

My daughter has done this since she was a toddler , she’s almost 11 and still zones out often. Doctor never seemed worried about it.

Sounds like she is just really into what she is watching

Absence seizure?
Thinking and zoning out isn’t necessarily bad. But goes often would be what I’d track.
How old plays a part to

1 Like

Could be ADHD inattentive. ADHD isn’t always hyperactive it can present as daydreaming type behaviours / vaguing out. Worth chatting to your doctor about.

3 Likes

I’d be taking her to the doctor. Absent seizures? I’m not trying to scare you by any means. My friends daughter was doing that. And yes I know it could just be tuning you out. But I’d check and make sure.

1 Like

Dissociative behaviour, it’s very calming

It’s often selective deafness
But get her checked for epilepsy
As they could be absent siezures

1 Like

Possibly Absent seisures.

Could be a symptom of ADHD in girls or petit mal seizures, or nothing. But talk to her pediatrician.

I don’t want to say this is what it is or freak you out I’m just telling you what happened to My son. When he was 16 he started doing this it went on for a year doctors all said nothing to worry about then I found him laying on our front porch having a seizure he ended up having 8 seizures in like 6 hours we were in and out of hospitals all day with no answers finally I demanded he be sent to Akron children’s hospital and he was diagnosed with epilepsy. It has been a long almost 2 years!!