My daughter thinks she needs a dress and makeup to be pretty: Advice?

I have a 5 year old daughter and everyday it’s a daily struggle to get her dressed because she thinks unless she wears a dress or wears mommy’s make up she’s unpretty. But I tell her and my family tells her all the time how pretty she is and doesn’t need to wear a dress or wear mommy’s make up. It’s what’s in your heart that makes you look pretty. What do I do???

6 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My daughter thinks she needs a dress and makeup to be pretty: Advice?

Because we all dress up and wear makeup…my daughter did this but I had a talk with her that she is beautiful no matter what but yes I did let her dress up and wear it,she grew out of it

Find out who’s she’s getting that info from. Maybe kids or teachers at school are telling her she’s ugly. Maybe it’s what she’s watching. Find the source & correct it.

Why does she think this ? She has learnt it from someone/somewhere. Don’t let her weat make-up , as for dresses , maybe get rid or hide them all for awhile

1 Like

Just keep up the reassurance. Unfortunately society has put an image out there of false beauty. Beauty comes from within :heart:

go without makeup your self and show her you don’t need it