My daughters dad hasn't been around in months: Advice?

My sons dad hasn’t been around for a couple of months he has other kids from a previous relationship, he is now in a new relationship which I think is the reason he’s not around , he claims he’s not around because he’s on cps, and being watched by them he tells that he’s not allowed to be alone with his kids because they think he’s depressed, but he still has them and that someone is supposed to live with them because of this, or they will take them . I don’t understand how he’s going threw cps and is not allowed to be alone with his kids as he says but hasn’t gotten them taken away?

11 Likes

Each safety plan is different. He may just have a rule that he’s not allowed to be alone with them

1 Like

That doesn’t make sense. If he was supposed to be supervised it would be in a center and the kids wouldnt be in his home.

1 Like

If that was the case, and you have a kid with him… you’d know about it, they would have notified you and set up a parenting plan/arrangement for your kid as well

2 Likes

Daughter’s dad or son’s dad?

5 Likes

He doesn’t want to be a dad. This is his excuse of the year.

1 Like

If he isn’t allowed to be alone with them they would’ve been removed to someone else and he could be given the chance to live with whoever has them and yes I do know what I’m talking about

1 Like

If cps were involved, you would be notified. Period.

1 Like

It is possible that he’s telling the truth. I had cyfs watching me for 5 months when my son was born. They told me that I had to live with someone full time and not be alone with my son for any longer than 2 hours or I would have lost my son. The being alone for no longer than 2 hours got lifted when my son was 2 months old and I was allowed to live on my own with my son when he was 5 months old onwards. I still have him to this day

Dude sounds like a piece to me and your kid more than likely better off without him

1 Like

CPS doesn’t prevent you from seeing your kids because you’re depressed. There’s more to this… But if CPS does have a case on him for something else, it may be in your child’s best interest that he not be around him right now.

2 Likes

Do you! Be the best mom you know how to be and live your life. PERIOD WHO HES WITH, how many kids he has, where he lives, works or spends his time has nothing to do with your role as a mother. Don’t bash or bad mouth him to your children. Focus :100: in you and your child. You get 1 life. Children get 1 childhood. Enjoy every moment of it.

1 Like

He is lying, if that were true with your children you would be notified 100 percent. If you haven’t he is full of crap!

1 Like

Cps was involved with my mom because she was on drugs. She wasn’t allowed alone around us but still lived with us. She was able to do so because my grandma lived with us so technically she wasn’t alone.

And for everyone saying you would be noticed. You wouldn’t. Especially cause it’s not y’all child the case is open on. It’s his kids.

But even then, my dad didn’t even know we had a cps case open because of my mom.

They don’t need to notify you of anything. It is very well possible.

And if he isn’t coming around because of that, then it is respectable. Because only then at the point will they open a case involving your child as well.

2 Likes

Cassandra Hooks this made me think of you!!! My truest <3

Sorry but that makes no sense!!! I know every person’s case is different. But something is wrong there

File for full until stuff gets straightened out.

It’s called a safety monitor and it’s usually a close friend or family member. You have to complete a case plan including all
Applicable classes in parenting, drug counseling, and mental health.

It sucks either way. Give him time and hopefully things work out for the better.

Yes totally possible. And if he has a case on him, i would find it in my childs best interest to not being around until he is stable enough to do so.

Who cares? Either he’s telling the truth and your child shouldn’t be around him, or he’s lying and so your child shouldn’t be around him. :woman_shrugging:
Do what your child needs and move on to bigger and better things. Forget him. In fact, forget men. Raise your kid, and if the right man finds you, he’ll wait as long as that takes.

She wouldn’t necessarily be notified of an open DCFS case if the case does not name HER child. I’m going through something similar, my son’s father has a child with someone else, a case was opened for that child because the allegations of drug use while he had her and my son was not mentioned. He’s the one that told me this. I tried to contact his case worker and she told me that the case did not mention my son therefore does not affect him at all and she could not give me any information about the case, I was told he could still see our child and if I thought for some reason our child was in danger I can make a report to request a separate case and until then to carry on like normal… (This makes no sense to me but it’s what I was told by two different dcfs case workers).

1 Like

They can they did that to my husband I had to sign a safety agreement stating that I would not
Leave my children alone with him I had to be with them at all times unless they were at day care or school so if I had to go to the store I had to take all my kids with me no matter what it was a way to keep the kids . The household and not remove them

His other kids aren’t your concern unless there is an abuse case. Get an attorney and get a custody agreement in writing

1 Like

The order could be in place but it’s not like cps is spying through his windows 24/7. So he just hasn’t gotten caught yet. Don’t let your daughter alone with him in case it happens when she is there. Visit with her for now til u find out more. U should be able to get some info from cps I would think because u have to know whether you’re allowed to leave your daughter alone with him or not

2 Likes

Well that’s none of your business, your question was what exactly?

Get custody with limited visitation always in your presence

He doesn’t want to be around. Let it go. If you want CS go through an attorney and get it with custody arrangements.

1 Like

Ok so what’s wrong with supervised … regardless of the circumstances theirs no reason he has to be away for months if you really love your kids theirs always a way If anything I was a foster child and they always want to work with the parents on seeing their kids I completely shut my kids dads out for abandoning them and now I have someone who treats my kids like the little Kings they are a grown man has no reason to be making excuses where it’s a will it’s a way

Sounds like an excuse to me :woman_shrugging:t2:

That’s a lie. When cps is involved, all parents would know. Let’s say he’s under investigation with his other kids, you would be notified and your kid would be interviewed.

1 Like

I’d let him step up or step out.

1 Like