My doctor said I need an HCG test. What is an hcg test?

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

87 Likes

An HCG test detects the HCG hormone that is present in large amounts during pregnancy. Testing this via blood tells your doctor what level you are at, if you are pregnant, as well as if the pregnancy is on track and healthy.

2 Likes

It tests the amount of pregnancy hormones in your body.

1 Like

It’s a blood work done to confirm pregnancy! There will be 2 rounds taken 48 hours apart and they will confirm and compare HCG a levels if they increase dramatically within that time frame you are pregnant
Congrats in advance :tada:

3 Likes

Why did you not ask your doctor

128 Likes

Human chorionic gonadotropin. We test for this in urine pregnancy tests as well as blood tests. There are different indications for the reason for testing for this through blood.

15 Likes

You can ask here but cant do a simple google search :woozy_face: the stuff yall allow to post

86 Likes

Pregnancy blood test

1 Like

I had to do that when I was having a miscarriage. Everyday going to the dr testing my blood.

2 Likes

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin… aka pregnancy test

3 Likes

Under 5 is not pregnant. Over 25 is pregnant and then the numbers should double every 48 hrs

5 Likes

Hcg test is a pregnancy test

1 Like

HCG- His Cum Gotcha :joy:

205 Likes

Why are these women so mean :persevere:

22 Likes

Bloodwork for a pregnancy test!

2 Likes

GTS it. Google That Shiii

14 Likes

It tests the hormone levels of the fetus

3 Likes

Okay not to be rude buuuut… If you don’t feel comfortable asking your doctor these questions you need to either a) get to know them better or b) find a doctor you’re comfortable asking questions. My doctor already knows I’ll ask about 25 questions per visit. He’s seen me in most vulnerable positions and I think everyone can benefit from learning to consider your healthcare team one of the few non judgmental places. Now with that being said they check your hormone levels for several reasons, it can be to confirm you’re really pregnant, it can be to see if ur baby’s growing too fast too slow, it can be because they want to see how far along you are, there’s several reasons. Just ask your doctor :heart:

39 Likes

It’s a blood test that check your HCG levels.

The doctor will give you the form. Take it to the nurse, she will draw the blood, doctor will call you back in for the results in a day or so

You listed what kind of test it is right in your question there. <3

1 Like

Hcg levels of hormone when a woman is pregnant

It’s a pregnancy test.

Just google it you will be better off

4 Likes

Why didn’t u simply ask your doctor? Ppl amaze me!

7 Likes

It’s a hormone that is produced when pregnant. No pregnancy its usually under 5. Pregnant is over 25 and it rises depending on how pregnant you are. Xx

2 Likes

Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is a hormone normally produced by the placenta. If you are pregnant, you can detect it in your urine. Blood tests measuring hCG levels can also be used to check how well your pregnancy is progressing, including your baby’s development.

6 Likes

It’s for pregnancy :relaxed: higher the level could mean multiple baby’s as it’s higher with two than one doesn’t mean you are though carrying twins or more though could just be your levels are higher or your alot more further on than you expect to be!!! nothing to worry about pee or blood is how they check hope that gives you some idea of why they give them out :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face: xxx

Man alot of you woman are just rude and judgemental it’s really sad. What happened to woman lifting other woman up?

14 Likes

sorry but it would’ve taken all of 30 seconds to google this and get an answer :joy:

12 Likes

Why didn’t your doctor tell you? Why didn’t you ask the doctor this question?

3 Likes

Ask your doctor or google it??

HCG stands for human chorionic gonadotropi. Aka Pregnancy Test. You may use urine or blood samples to test what levels you are in determining how far along you are.

Most of these women on here on being too negative and hateful. Post is anonymous. You have no idea what age the person is who posted this. No need to be rude. Just be nice. Don’t have nothing nice to say, please don’t say anything at all.

12 Likes

Pregnancy test through them …:blush:

It’s a pregnancy test

I hate google-able questions :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

When you have the kid please be more proactive in asking the dr questions and not facebook.

6 Likes

For those who are up their arses about her asking Facebook…whats the actual problem? Jaysus people.

10 Likes

If someone asking a question on a Facebook group instead of googling it is that upsetting for some people, then maybe they shouldn’t be on Facebook. Jesus Christ, get over yourselves thinking you’re clever and funny by saying “Google” and keep scrolling if this simple question has upset you so much instead of potentially making someone feel small for asking.

16 Likes

They have a reason to think you may be pregnant or they’re to rule out pregnancy.
Pregnancy can share a ton of symptoms as other illnesses. Some major & some not. Like a really bad case of the flu. Or if you are pregnant. Its to possibly how long, far, risk factors (if you lost babies before, etc).
Many women get them not while pregnant because its just something to eliminate if you might be sick.

So many rude people! Maybe she’s nervous and this was her way of wanting conversation or support… Women sure don’t lift each other up anymore! So sad

2 Likes

Its a pregnancy test

Just want to say. Ask your doctor, every.single.question. there is no such thing as a dumb question with your doctor. No such thing.

3 Likes

Its a pregnancy test…but why didn’t you ask your doctor what it was.

1 Like

Could they have said HSG? Are you dealing with infertility?

1 Like

HCG is the hormone that makes pregnancy possible.

1 Like

Could you imagine?!

“ we need to do some testing on your body! “

“ I don’t know what that is but COOL BRO!”

6 Likes

Nothing but rude ass people on this thread. Educate others instead of belittling them

18 Likes

Wow. Some yall clearly need a good dicken or to put your phone down and get off fb, fuck sakes :unamused:

She didn’t ask if the question can be answered on Google, she asked if anyone knows what it means.
Man I’d hate to be your kid if that’s how you react to a simple question being asked. :thinking:

18 Likes

Or u can say HCG…His Cum Grew! Yay u preggy!

8 Likes

HCG would stand for: Human chorionic gonadotropin

I’m thinking they probably said hsg.

Hcg can be used for several things, check for pregnancy, how far along you are. Hcg levels double about every 72 hours so it can help determine conception dates and stability of pregnancy. Hcg can also be used to check for certain cancers in the ovaries and testicles. No reason to be mean on a simple question.

8 Likes

Theres a qualitatative and quantitative test that can be done to measure IF you have the HCG hormone with simply a yes or no. (I think minimum level is 5 to be pregnant.) It can also measure how much of the hormone is in your blood to determine if it is a viable pregnancy or not.

Regardless, good luck!

3 Likes

They either meant a general pregnancy test or they want to get a test on your HCG hormone level to make sure pregnancy is progressing as it should. The number should double every 2-3 days in most viable pregnancies.

The human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) test is done to measure the amount of the hormone hCG in blood or urine to see if a woman is pregnant. HCG may also be measured to see if cancer of the ovaries or testicles is present.

1 Like

It tests the levels of the pregnancy hormone in your body at a paictular point to see how far along you are.

1 Like

You really should be asking your doctor what tests he’s ordering and why!

5 Likes

It measures the amount of the hormone in the blood. If looking for a pregnancy it can determine about how far along. However if you aren’t suspecting pregnancy they could be checking for other variables… in this case you should clarify the need with the doctor, they may have explained and you missed or forgot that part.

3 Likes

Along with the majority here, why didn’t you ask your doctor? FB is not the place to be asking these type of questions. Use your head next time and ask your doctor the proper questions.

9 Likes

:rage::rage: I’ve said it before and Ill say it again, this is a rude group of women!! You’d think other women would wildly support and answer questions with kindness and give other women a little grace. But nope the swamp witches come crawling out to tell everyone how superior they are.

117 Likes

Google can answer your questions.

9 Likes

The nerve of some people I’m shocked!!! They will be checking the hormone for pregnancy

4 Likes

Why are y’all being mean and laugh reacting to this?:flushed: she is asking a question? What happened to women supporting women? That behaviour is embarrassing :woozy_face:

18 Likes

**REPOSTING ** as someone blocked me for my comment :roll_eyes:

For those who are up their arses about her asking Facebook…whats the actual problem? Jaysus people.

11 Likes

It detects levels of hcg hormone and can tell whether your pregnant or not. I’ve had 4 done

1 Like

Wow! How damn rude can you be? Just answer the question or don’t comment at all, period.

This could be her first pregnancy.:woman_shrugging:t4: but I’m sure you ladies knew everything there was to know. & if you didn’t, I hope you ONLY asked your doctor.:clown_face:

18 Likes

It measures the level of the hormone in your blood. When I miscarried they checked mine several times to verify my levels were going down.

2 Likes

Some of you “women” act worse than 5 year olds. My daughter is kinder than you. She asked a goddamn question. If you don’t have the decency to respond properly, move along! :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

32 Likes

Unreal 48 females laughing at this question :woman_facepalming::roll_eyes: just disgusting that’s so rude a lot of women on here this is their first time being pregnant

10 Likes

Well most of you seem like a bunch of twat waffles.

13 Likes

Damn so many Karens up in this bitch bothered over a question if it bothers you than don’t answer it’s COMMON SENSE!!!

13 Likes

Its to check the “pregnancy” hormone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The fact that this is suppose to be a joke and ppl are REALLY raking this serious :joy::joy::joy::rofl::joy: outside definitely need to open back up bcuz it’s clear some of y’all need some air :joy::rofl::rofl::rofl:

“Ask your doctor” … everyone saying that is of no help, if you know the answer to her question, just answer it ! It’s so simple! Jeez.

1 Like

So no one gonna notice they hash tagged pregnancy in the question?

Oooor maybe whoever posted it could have answered the question instead of posting it? Yall bitches need to go eat some cherrios and be fuckin happy JEESUS

1 Like

Happy national women’s day…jerks. You’re doctor is checking for the pregnancy hormones. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So many rude ass Karen’s up in here :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This group isn’t even worth following anymore since the person who runs it’s allows these dumbasses to be completely rude and nasty. Sometimes I feel like these anonymous questions are a set up just for the drama.

8 Likes

It’s a hormone test that let’s the drs know how your reproductive organs are functioning, if your pregnant, or might be have unusual periods due to low levels.

Why are we as a society afraid to ask these questions to the doctors ordering these tests? :thinking:

3 Likes
  1. Seems you got the answer you were looking for, so that’s good. 2. If you ever have questions always write them down or make a note somewhere, to bring to every appt. And if you leave an appt and aren’t sure, make sure to have either the number of your clinic or access to the patient portal so you can email. This was a simple broad question, but there maybe some questions that come up, that would be best answers by your doctor rather than fb. Even ladies who can relate or went through something similar, still can’t accurately say anything about your particular situation, so making sure to have a plan and access to your medical team IS essential.
  2. Also, look into parenting and birthing classes as well, those can be great to help give you a good foundation for starting motherhood.
1 Like

Its the pregnancy hormone:) depending on how many weeks youre pregnant, it will be at a certain level.

HCG is your hormone levels when pregnant your levels are higher :slightly_smiling_face:.

What is with woman these days!? “Woman support woman” yea right. Clearly not on social media. Get off your high horse people. Sometime we forget to ask with everything going on. Lol. If you don’t know the answer to her question you could just not say anything either lol.

HCG = Human chorionic gonadotropin aka the pregnancy hormone. Here’s a link that is more knowledgeable than I am on the subject: hCG Levels | The American Pregnancy Association

Ewww, leaving this page based on these comments. Hope some of you’re kids come out with better attitudes, such great role models :face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

1 Like