My ex asked our daughter where my boyfriend lived: Advice?

My daughter was visiting her dad (12 years old) and on her way home with him, he asked her to point to where my boyfriends house is…why would he do this? does she have rights to know where he lives? I am slighlty concerned…

54 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My ex asked our daughter where my boyfriend lived: Advice?

If you guys don’t live together your ex has 0 reason to know where he lives so when he asks your kid that she needs to just tell him she doesn’t know

7 Likes

He has absolutely 0 reason to know

2 Likes

Curiosity? Not the end of the world, I wouldn’t make too much of it unless he has a history of crazy.

17 Likes

Call him and ask him

Casual convo and asking, sure. “Oh he lives in (this town)” “next to Walmart” etc. but to ask her to point it out directly is very inappropriate and weird.

3 Likes

The kid probably doesnt understand how things go so maybe its best she doesnt know where he lives. Also, give ya boo a heads up your ex is looking for him. If something happens and he finds out you didnt give that heads up, if the situation is serious, he might see that as betrayal. Could effect your relationship, could effect your safety.

4 Likes

Maybe it was a subtle way of asking if he lived with y’all? Like, maybe he doesn’t care where your boyfriend lives as long as it isn’t with you and your daughter before at least giving him some kind of heads up

7 Likes

Ig a lot of it would depend on ur ex.

1 Like

Maybe he wants to know where his daughter is when you visit with boyfriend? Or he’s crazy

5 Likes

Take it from someone who went through crap like this when my parents divorced, he’s trying to put your daughter in the middle and will most likely make her feel bad for building a relationship with him.

7 Likes

If you guys spend time there why can’t he know? If she has never been there than maybe a lil invasive….

1 Like

IMO if I was a father I’d make it a point to know that info. It’s a strange man around my child. You can’t trust anyone. He’s being protective over her, it might have 0 to do with you.

17 Likes

Unless your bf is living with you your ex doesn’t need to know where he lives. And I would tell your ex you would appreciate it if he would ask you about these kinds of things and tell him not to involve your guys’ child in adult only matters.

5 Likes

It’s none of his business

1 Like

He has no rights to ask but maybe he was just being curious or maybe he was trying to work out if he lived with you or he could’ve been seeing if your daughter knows to see if she has been to his house

2 Likes

Clearly stil loves you and could he be looking out for his daughter how well do you know the boyfriend I think it depends how long use where together and your history was he a physco xxx

1 Like

Your ex is being nosy and wants to see if your BFs place is nicer than his. Next he’ll be asking about his car. Your daughter doesn’t need to know but it’s fine if she does. He’s digging for info on whether or not she’s been there. My ex told my dtr she couldn’t go to my BF (eventual husband)’s house or ride in his car. Lol. Jealousy

2 Likes

Putting his daughter in the middle…shameful for him to emotionally take her to the point of feeling bad for taking sides. He needs to grow up and leave his daughter out of his pettiness and treat her as if he cares and loves her. Not using her. He should ask MOM or better yet, Get A Life.

5 Likes

Personal…I’d verify my child couldn’t point that out period… but that’s weird asf. Ol dude needs mind his own.

I feel like he’s comparing himself. Probably looked for him on Facebook already, checking to see the quality of friends he has, if he’s clean, what kind of house he has, if he takes care of it, what kind of car he drives… all so he can find a way to put him down and feel superior… or he might be crazy. Maybe he wants to know so he can drive by and look for YOUR car.

7 Likes

Fishing the kids for info instead of just having a convo with you about anything he wanted to know? Big problem to me. Of course she’s not gonna think she shouldn’t tell her daddy whatever he wants. He’s out of line.

6 Likes

I would tell the ex that if he has any questions about your life, he’s to ask you and not pump your daughter for information, making her uncomfortable. And if what he’s asking is any of his business, you’ll let him know.

5 Likes

Sound like jelousey quite pathetic even more that hes putting his child in the middle of it

4 Likes

He should be speaking to you not asking your daughter!
It’s none of his business and he knows it which is why he’s using your child.
It’s cruel and unfair to put a child of any age in that situation point blank.

6 Likes

If your daughter spends time there he has every right to know where he lives.
Or, if you’re telling your ex that your boyfriend doesn’t live with you but does.
Would be a sure way to find out.

4 Likes

Let her know its not her responsibility nor is she obligated to talk about anyones relationships.

3 Likes

Shame on your ex for putting your daughter in the middle of this. Your ex probably wants to track your activities. He may now drive by to see if you or you and your daughter are there. Be very, very wary. You should also let your BF know.

Your ex could use your visits to your BF against you for custody and child support, if you spend the night there.

6 Likes

Children should not be put in adult situations, he is out of line. What’s his character like? Not sure you should ask him because then your daughter is in the middle… ugh hate when one party does mess like this. Makes it so hard on the kids!

2 Likes

I’d defiantly be letting the boyfriend know about it just in case

5 Likes

Sounds like he’s jealous probably not getting any himself so is out to cause abit of drama. Even so it has nothing to do with him and you should call him out on this.

1 Like

Just ask him about it

I’d confront him and tell him it’s straight up none of his business and he didn’t need to be putting yalls daughter in that situation at all. He should move on.

1 Like

l Get paid over $108 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $13647 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarPort432.pages.dev/

Just fishing for info perhaps wondering if ur claiming correctly or maybe comparing his to his or maybe he wants to know more about who’s around the child.

1 Like

Maybe he wants to know more about who’s around his child? Does he feel like you’ll be honest with him about it?

1 Like

Unless you think he is a danger and if you did why would your daughter be visiting with him if you did?

I think you are both looking for trouble… he by asking her to point out where the new boyfriend lives… and you for your “concern”.

I wouldn’t be concerned unless there is something you’re not telling us.

Concerned about who’s around y’all’s child, wanting to make sure he’s not living near any Perverts. Maybe he feels like your not being honest when it comes to y’all child.

Talk to him.

If y’all child is hanging out at boyfriends house I feel he does have a right to know, I feel the same way you have a right to know when she’s is the dads care where she’s hanging outs

5 Likes

Technically, if your daughter spends time at your boyfriends house; yes he does have a right to know for emergency purposes (read your state guidelines on this), however I highly doubt that’s why he’s wanting to know and he shouldn’t be asking the child.

7 Likes

l Get paid over $108 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $13647 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarPort457.pages.dev/

Giiiiirl. He’s jealous. My ex husband used to contact the people I was dating. It’s been over ten years and he and his wife stalk me every dang day. They have fake profiles on fb, have created fake dating profiles, interrogated my daughter. Tell him now to his face this isn’t ok to bring the child into it. If he wants to know something he needs to ask you period. It really messed up my daughter the way he pulled her into his jealousy and unhealed wounds.

8 Likes

Your daughter shouldn’t be asked however if she spends time over there out of respect I think giving him an address would be best from you. That’s his daughter too and he should have every right you have :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Just because use aren’t together anymore you still need to have healthy coparenting communication. Tell him about your bf because he is around your 12 year old daughter. He has every right to know who is around his child. And vice versa.

1 Like

Your daughter does not have to give that information out and her tell her to tell him next time “she has no idea” and I’d tell him to stop f’ing questioning her.

2 Likes

Ask him why he asked your daughter.

Let your boyfriend know, just so he can keep an eye out.

Maybe your ex wants the address to do a background check……who knows….it’s just creepy!!

2 Likes

If she goes there then I think he should know.

1 Like

Probably just curious and wants to know expecially if your kid goes over there wants to make sure it’s a safe decent place…he should know just like I’m sure if he had a girlfriend you’d ask questions

3 Likes

Just ask him. If your child is ever over there why can’t he know? Wouldn’t you want know?

1 Like

Honestly if your daughter knows where he lives that means she’s been there, why would her father not have the right to know places his daughter goes.

If she were to ever call and say “dad I need you to come get me, I’m at moms bfs house” he would know exactly where she is.

10 Likes

If your child spends time at the boyfriends house then yeah he should know.

2 Likes

If he had a girlfriend and your daughter went to her place would you want to know everything he is asking? One of those things you might have to sit down and have a responsibile adult convo with your ex about SOs. You can’t be mad if you want to know the same information in hope to protect your child.

1 Like

It’s her dad , he has a right to know If nothing shady is going on what’s the issue

I would definitely ask about it. I don’t as my kids dad any questions as he doesn’t me because we know that we wouldn’t ever put kids in harms way or be around people who would. And also. In mu opinion, why would he put your guys kid in that situation? Why is it her job to do that?

If he’s like my ex. It would be to stalk or threaten him. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

If she spends time there, then yes, he should know.
My concern is why he asked her and not you. Like he’s trying to be sneaky. I’d call him out and say, “If you wanted to know where XXX lived, ask me, not our daughter.”
Does he know where all her friends live? All your relatives? If she spends time at those places, he should ask for their addresses too.

3 Likes

He has no rights to know who you see and what you do. If he doesnt like it, take me back to court. My ex And I trusted each other to make the right decision, we would’ve never ask a question like that, especially one of the kids… just my opinion

1 Like

If hes going to be a part of yours and her life then yes he should know it is his child too he has the right to know who is in her life and where they live in case of emergency

If he wants to know, he needs to ask you and stop asking a child.
Tell him to man up and talk to you if he has concerns but she needs to be left out of adult business.

2 Likes

Could be as innocent as making sure he lives in a safe place if she is ever over there. But you seem to know him best and this raises a bigger concern for you. So not really enough info here to help much.

1 Like

He has the right to know whose around his daughter! Not creepy at all, but he should be asking you not your child!

1 Like

l Get paid over $110 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $13447 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarPort523.pages.dev/

If your child is being there at times I think it’s reasonable he knows where he lives yes. If this dude is an important part in your life then yes I think he should know where he lives. To know where his daughter may be.

2 Likes

Unless they are causing problems why keep it a secret. If she is spending time there its normal for a parent to ask.

Why keep secrets… if everyone is being real and honest…it does not matter… he does have the right to know where his child is… if you all have nothing to hide then dont worry about it

My ex would frequently do this kind of thing and my kids would tell me. I trained the kids to say if you have any questions about my mothers life you can ask my mother. my children are now 16 (boy)and 15 (girl) he’s been doing this since my children were four and five (That I know of we split up when my daughter was 6 months old) my daughter hasn’t seen her father since the beginning of Covid and my son hasn’t seen his father in about a year they have the same father. My wife and I (same sex marriage) just got full legal and physical custody of our children earlier this year.

He’s probably just curious however it’s not his business. He only has to know were you live.

Does your child go to your bfs house? If so I could understand him wanting to know where it is so he knows where his daughter is. Now if she doesnt go there then it’s not his business. Also depends what kind of guy your ex is. My ex wouldn’t want the info for anything good lol

1 Like

Unless you and your child are living with him I don’t see why this is information he needs

3 Likes

Does he have a girlfriend his ex should know too

Well, what courts have said from my own experience is that it isn’t his business who your child is around on your time as he cannot control who you take your child around. The boyfriend is a third party and it is up to the boyfriend if he wants his address disclosed to dad as it is about his own privacy and safety.

3 Likes

Why should he care of your BF’s living location?

If your kid goes there to spend time then he has a right to know. Why not invite him over so everyone can get acquainted? Unless there’s backstory that prevents that from happening, obviously

Dad should’ve asked you instead of y’all’s kid, though!

1 Like

If your daughter goes over to your boyfriend’s then yes I’d say he has a right to know where it is, but he should be having that conversation with you not your child

Did u ask the ex Why ?

Odds are he’s curious rather than up to no good, but if your boyfriend suddenly starts getting tires slashed or dog crap in his mailbox then you were wise to leave him

He’s a dad that’s curious about his young child being around another man but go ahead and make it into something that it’s not he has absolute right to know where his daughter is potentially staying nights if you and this boyfriend stay together I don’t understand people hiding things like that from one another because when accidents happen how are you expected to know where your child is how is the other parent expected to help your child if you keep hiding things from them

I’ve asked 2 of my girls this because legally I’m supposed to be told where he resides. He just keeps it from me and it’s his residence as well ya know where my daughter stays during his time. :sweat_smile:

Unless your ex is a stalker type, or violently jealous, etc., I’d say it’s okay.

He has a right to know who his daughter is spending time with, and where. Just because the two of you are no longer together, doesn’t mean he can’t be a good parent.

sounds like he’s wondering if your daughter spends the night over there. if she does, he’s not wrong for asking.

I saw some testimonies weeks ago of how she help people through her trading platform I decided to give it a try of a little investment it turns out to be legit. I don’t really know how to thank ma’am Olgusya Gribova for her kindness for helping me and my family through her trading platform I will remain grateful to her you can invest with her .
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down: