My ex husband passed 12 years ago: Is it weird to date his cousin?

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that . As long as your children are ok with that then it’s no one’s buisness . As long as your happy date him .

4 Likes

I don’t think its weird :woman_shrugging: and I wouldn’t ask a bunch of strangers here what they think. If you find it weird then don’t do it. If he and you think its okay then go for it. Y’all aren’t related so I don’t find it odd in the least bit (even if you were Idgaf lol) its your call.

4 Likes

Girl if ur kiddos are okay with it, I say go for it. That’s the only opinion that should matter to you.

2 Likes

If you really like the guy then go for it!

1 Like

You do you. If you want to but are concerned about how your children would feel, talk to them. I wouldn’t worry about what anyone thinks. Just your kiddos. It may be tough in the beginning if you decide to go out with him but things will smooth over. Remember your children and your happiness is all that matters…and of course who you choose to date. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

idk i personally would not do it…

I married a ex boyfriends brother. Whatever your heart tells you to do and ask family of your ex see there opion on it

2 Likes

Your daughters will be able to say “dads cousin is now our stepdad”

2 Likes

I married my sons fathers half brother and his family hates me and has nothing to do with my son. Currently filed for divorce due to emotional abuse. You never know if it makes you and your girls happy then go for it. I wouldn’t trade these past 4 years for nothing yet I will not spend the rest of my life in a toxic family or relationship.

The only opinion that’s matters is yours and his , it’s not weird, if your ready to move on. Hope it works out for you both

4 Likes

Out of all people in this world lol

5 Likes

Who cares what people think. In this day and age true love is hard to find and have everyone wants to be playing with emotions. If it feels right to you both then do it. Everyone deserve to be happy

3 Likes

It’s your life not theres.

2 Likes

My ex’s mom was married to a man a long while back and he ended up passing away, she then remarried and he passed away as well and now she is going on a few years with the first mans brother. I think it was weird for everyone at first but they make great couple :blush:

Personally, I would not. Too close for comfort. It would be awkward. I mean this in the kindest way possible, it’s only been a year since you lost your husband, you may still need to grieve. The cousin could be filling a void without you knowing. Good luck, I wish you well

3 Likes

If there’s children involved then no… they’re blood related.

8 Likes

Make yourself happy❤️

Do it!!! You already have lots of family history. You all weren’t being cheatyy… I think its perfect.

2 Likes

Ya its fucking weird

7 Likes

Life’s too short!! Make yourself happy!

3 Likes

Lisa Marie see what I mean? I’m done :joy:

don’t worry about what happens! as long as you are happy and your children are happy don’t worry about the rest they just jealous

Iam a man, so I have this advise for you. As long as neither one of there family members are going to climb in bed with you. If they don’t pay your bills then my dear don’t worrie about them. It’s none of there business. And if they do have any thing to say about it. Do you know how to block. It’s your life is what IAM saying live it.

6 Likes

Years ago if a womans husband passed ,and he had a brother that wasn’t married he would marry her,I see nothing wrong with it ,at least she would know what kind of person he is No one can help you with this .Your families will get over it .It is your life .I would talk it over with your daughters .Wishing you the best .

2 Likes

I couldn’t even read past the second sentence. Just wow

3 Likes

That’s your children’s cousin :woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

My cousin did sorta she dated her ex broke up got with his brother and now she’s hopefully away from that family all together

Do what u want.
People are going to talk about it anyways

2 Likes

People shmeople blah!!! Go for what makes you happy!!!

1 Like

Personally, no. How do you tell your kid’s that’s your “uncle” and than (possibly) years later, he’s now your “step dad” I find it very odd but I guess I could possibly feel different if I was in your shoes :tipping_hand_woman:

#WomenAreCrazy

2 Likes

Would you if he were alive? Personally, I wouldn’t as that’s my child’s second cousin and that would make me uncomfortable.

5 Likes

I don’t really see the big deal. It’s not like it’s YOUR blood related family member. :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

Decide if you can live with the negativity because there will be some. People will always talk about others. Personally, I don’t see what the big deal is.

It’s your life do what makes you happy as for me i couldn’t be involved with same family divorce can cause the family to look at you differently even if it wasnt your fault

2 Likes

Another thing is the children are blood relatives just to awkward maybe start goin out with friends meeting new people don’t fall for the first one that gives you attention which could be the situation here especially if your lonely

3 Likes

I don’t see where she says the ex and cousin are 1st cousins… you aren’t related… maybe date and let the kids out of it till you see how things go…

1 Like

Go for it! You have a right to be happy. If people want to gossip about it. So flipping what. You deserve to be happy like I said!! Good luck!

3 Likes

Back in the day, it was normal for a man to marry his brothers widow. It was mostly to take on the burden of children. Obviously, this is different. You do what makes you happy. Take it slow. Don’t advert it at this point w family. The two of you share zero blood.

1 Like

I would not …but if u want to …i mean go for it. …

1 Like

TBH…if my mom were to suddenly date one of my dad’s cousins ( my parents divorced, my dad died 18 mos ago) I wouldn’t think anything of it. At least I wouldn’t have to meet an entirely new family.

7 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t but do what makes you happy

2 Likes

Do what makes you happy!

2 Likes

go for it :two_hearts: its not like it’s his brother… it’s a cousin plus I’m sure your ex would want you to be happy in life

4 Likes

You are both grown adults. Don’t let anyone tell you how to live your life. Life is too short to worry about how an ex’s family feels. Besides, it’s been 12 years since your divorce. Do what makes you happy!

3 Likes

Traditionally, your husband’s family owes you a new husband as he predeceased you. If you’re happy, go for it!

5 Likes

Yes, it’s weird. There’s 7billion people in the world. Find someone else.

13 Likes

That’s a no from me. Do you tho.

4 Likes

I dated my late husband’s cousin

3 Likes

Love can hit you when you least expect it. His family, your in laws may act negative just stay strong!

Why not, whatever that pleases you :ok_hand:

Sounds like your kids are all grown if yous divorced 12 years ago… personally wouldnt & i can imagine if he only died this year theres gonna be an uproar about it but its up to you :confused:

2 Likes

No? This whole post is weird.

1 Like

In the old days, cousins; even brothers stepped up to the plate, taking the deceased place, because most women couldn’t support their families. It was tradition. Today, you would do it if you want to, and not care what anyone else thought. If they don’t like it, they’re not being supportive, and you shouldn’t care what they think. That special feeling is special. Go for it

2 Likes

Uh… no. If my sweetheart died and I went to date his cousin, he’d rise from the dead and give me a piece of his mind. I dont care if we were divorced before he passed away.

Not to mention, I find it disrespectful. As said above, theres 7 billion people in the world. Go find someone else.

1 Like

No, no, no! That’s weird. With all the people in the world you can’t find another man to date?

This family tree would turn into a wreath.

2 Likes

No…but that’s because they are all bums…💁

It’s not like it’s your desceased ex husbands brother or something, even then, if you are both single adults and it’s been over a decade, they can’t very well look down on you for it.

Test run the relationship. Date for awhile, dont make anything public to avoid unneeded stress on yourselves. If it works out - go be happy! As long as he isnt blood related to YOU, I dont see an issue.

5 Likes

If it was my son and you divorced 12 years ago I wouldn’t find you dating anyone wierd at this point. Follow your heart noone gets to choose your life.

7 Likes

You were divorced 12 YEARS ago, do whatever you want!!!

4 Likes

Whatever makes you happy! Life’s too short to live for anyone else’s approval!:sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Its not their life. If it makes you happy go for it life is to short not to chase happiness when you can. The rest can go fuck themselves if they don’t approve

I know somebody that got married and had kids and then got divorced. She is now married to his brother and they have a kid together as well lol

1 Like

I dated My Xs Cousins! And I don’t regret it!

I married my ex’s cousin. I was with my ex for 2 years we ended the relationship. I Met a guy the very next weekend who happened to be my ex’s cousin. We moved in together a week later, we now have been married 10years and have 4 kids together. I don’t regret it.

1 Like

It your life you have to do what you think is best for you just before you make it public to everyone make sure relationship is going to work and just know people might talk negative about it if u belive in god ask him for guidances I belive in god and he does miracles and blessings in my life all the time

Instead of asking Facebook what they think, ask your daughters how they feel! That is a family member of theirs from their dads side no matter if they knew him really well or not! What the family thinks isn’t so much of a concern but how your kids feel is important!

2 Likes

People will judge you no matter what you do. It’s a cousin…not a brother or something. People who truly care about you just want you to be happy…everyone deserves a little happiness.

You couldnt pick a different family? :flushed:

Imagine explaining that to the kids