My ex refuses to work

Why are you paying his bills if separated? Pay child support and make him support himself. Why would he work if he doesn’t have too

3 Likes

You are an enabler!!

2 Likes

If he has your children you pay child support. He needs to work to support himself.

1 Like

Why kids are with him and not you???

3 Likes

Calculate child support, and pay him that amount.

Change your custody if you’re the one providing

4 Likes

Stop paying his bills. You aren’t obligated to do that at all. That’s probably why he doesn’t stick to a job because he knows at the end of the day his bills are still gonna be paid regardless of weather he has one or not.

5 Likes

Why are you still paying his bills
It his responsibility to have a job to support himself and your child’s needs

I can understand when the pandemic hit
He had to be laid off from his job

But so were millions of people worldwide
Here in Australia
2 yrs post covit
People are still trying to get their jobs back or seek whatever employment they can find

I would pay the required amount of child support as well as supporting your child’s needs

But don’t support the needs of a lazy man child
Regain custody of your child
As you can obviously provide for your kid better then he can and will

1 Like

Your kids come first no matter what I am a man and I really feel that you need to let this man go and I’m not trying to be biased at all but me being a man I work for the city of Hitchcock and I love my job I go to work everyday and I’m I’m divorced so and I paid my child support up until both of my daughters were 18 so I would recommend there’s somebody better out there for you that can hold a job and it’s not due to the pandemic because I have a job and I go to everyday except for on the weekends cuz I’m off

3 Likes

Why would you pay any more than child support? He wants a home and food…earn it like everyone else.

1 Like

Interesting ur paying for his stuff and paying him child support and your kids live with him while he can’t even provide sounds like he’s definitely using u if I were u I would be contacting a lawyer and getting the kids to live with u he needs to man up to his duties

3 Likes

Or take your kids and go!

2 Likes

Questions for you to ask yourself. I dont need these answers. Why does he have full custody but your providing everything? Can the custody arrangement be changed?- if so i would. Either he is lazy, a mooch or has some mental health issues. Either way he needs help if its mental health. If its laziness and he’s a mooch cut his ass off but provide for the kids. You shouldn’t have to pay for 2 households. Can you afford to keep paying for two households? Document everything and take it court.

I was in a similar situation and you just have to cut your losses and stop enabling him. While he has you backing him up and helping him out, he won’t stand on his own two feet. The only way to help him is to stop paying, child support maybe but not giving him endless amounts of money and support or he will just keep using you. Sometimes help means not helping.

3 Likes

Don’t waste your life on him. He doesn’t give a crap about you. Move on. Life is too short.

1 Like

There is so many questions I have about this

4 Likes

Only pay child support the rest is his responsibility. Go back to court and take your kids.

4 Likes

Why would you leave kids with this pos lazy person

12 Likes

Why are you enabling a grown ass man? stop paying his bills.

Child support is all you owe.

1 Like

Why don’t you have your kids 50/50 atleast?
If you don’t help him pay his bills you should have your kids full time so they don’t suffer.

This post is crazy to me. As a mother I would think we (moms) are the main people to our babies.

Reading this post if you were a man I think these comments would be so different. Woman would say those are your kids you need to take care of them fully. Your the main provider for them.

I don’t see how your not able to move on just because you help pay his bills.

3 Likes

Why don’t you have your own kids? Such a strange situation

3 Likes

Why would he work if you keep supporting him? You’re doing this to yourself.

11 Likes

No one has said it yet so I will, BE A WOMAN AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR KIDS!! Those are YOUR BABIES!!! Don’t complain about money when he is doing all the work at home for them!!

29 Likes

Leave him alone. Get your kids and handle your own business. Nobody needs him.

8 Likes

If the tables were turned and you had the kids & didn’t work because you didn’t like to, would he support you more than child support?

1 Like

He’s a grown man!!! He needs to be responsible

Get your kids and let him do him. You take care of your kids and household. IJS

4 Likes

I would not be ok with my kids living full time with someone who doesn’t have a job or a way to support themselves. How does he afford to take care of your children with no income?

9 Likes

Tell him that. Then follow through.

Personally, I would take him to court for full custody. He isn’t even capable of providing for himself since he won’t keep a job so he definitely isn’t capable of providing for children. In the mean time, I would give him child support and that’s it. Make that mofo pay his own bills.

2 Likes

You seem to be more stable as a parent so why not get full custody and quit letting him live off you and better yourself and your kids with that money.

2 Likes

Those off u saying she needs to have her kids shouldn’t be so quick to judge,I was in the similar position and left my daughter With her father because I worked nightshift and have no parents to even help out.so please don’t judge. I also worked hard to support my ex because he had my child paying over 20k a month so my child could still have a good life.its not that we abandon our kids but some off us have no choice but to sacrifice for our kids…

1 Like

just pay cs its not ur place to support him just help support ur kids dont give a dime more that ur child support

There are a lot more questions that need answering… how old are the kids? Are they in school? If not than are you willing to split daycare expenses with him? Why does he have them full time and not a 50/50 custody deal? If he gets a full time job will you have the children more and are you ok with that? I think there is a lot more to this story than just her paying his bills. In hindsight no you shouldn’t be paying all his bills but what happens if you stop and he can’t afford to then what happens with the kids? Are you going to be able to take them full time? Why would a judge give him full custody with no job or way to take care of the kids? I’d like to hear his side of things…

3 Likes

If he can’t pay his bills, why does he have the kids? :woman_facepalming:
You allowed this situation.

1 Like

Dont support him, only the kids.he need to keep the job…i would tell him now keep it bc you are done paying his bills.

Can I just point out how much this woman is getting bashed for not having her kids 24/7 yet giving sympathy to the father. I’m ft working mum in our relationship dad stays home (kids 3,2&1) it works better for us he’s a better parent 24/7 than I would be! Gender doesn’t define our parenting!

If you are the more stable one financially why don’t you have your kids.
I find that wired.
You need to have the kids and move on

stop supporting him… the only thing you should be paying is child support since you don’t have the kids… not paying his bills