My ex won't tell me where he lives so I have no idea where my son is: Advice?

I download the find my phone app on my sons and my phone and it gives us each others locations

4 Likes

Be smart and get someone else to do it

Contact the courts and let them know he isn’t taking him every weekend and he has a different address. You can apply for emergency custody.

3 Likes

I didn’t let my ex know where I lived either. I was afraid he and his wife would do something malicious to my house or car. Its not illegal and if you’re worried about his wellbeing then file that with the courts.

Unless dad has a history of not returning him after the end of the weekend, what’s the problem? Sounds to me like dad doesn’t want you stalking him :woman_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

In our custody agreement it states that both parties are required to update the other parent of any move/new address. I didn’t realize it but it was like the fine print. Maybe double check your custody agreement or request through the courts that you and Dad both have each other’s address. If there’s nothing stating he has to tell you, unfortunately he doesn’t have to and your son still gets to go.

5 Likes

Ain’t no way on God’s green earth I would not know my child’s whereabouts. Period. Lawyer up. Get an investigator. And whenever you meet up…maybe you should have a friend somewhere in another car to get the license plate number.

6 Likes

They have those kids watches that have a GPS on them

2 Likes

Why are you still allowing him to go? Definitely not safe. Stop the visitation until he can prove he has a safe stable home for your son. Contact the courts and let them know again. And if nothing changes then your son doesn’t go back. He will be upset but his safety and his life is more important

25 Likes

Do not send your son with him without knowing where he is, what if some weekend he doesn’t return him, not going to look very good with you not knowing the place he goes, take it back to court, meantime request a temporary restraining order, you are legally responsible to know where your child is at all times

2 Likes

Need to always know where your child resides when not in your care. Never know what’s going on there. I agree with you, couldn’t imagine not knowing where my 7 year old is

Talk to a lawyer about bringing him to court. But I doubt he will tell the truth. It’s important that both parents know where the child is unless it’s a safety issue.

1 Like

Not. Okay.
I would not be okay with this at ALL. My ex has my son and wouldn’t let me see him due to jealously of my husband but after court when I could finally see him he asked for my address, for the same reason (which I had been keeping from him) and I have it to him. You should ALWAYS have it in case of an emergency. :100:

Have a friend in the background when you do a child exchange. They can get his license plate number & or follow him. Take pictures of the residence.
However every I would definitely check the fine print of your custody agreement to see if it says each parent has to provide an updated address. Take it back to the courts.

I know you’re trying to be fair with your son, but you should really not send him to his dads anymore. Inform the courts immediately that you’re concerned about your child’s wellbeing because you have no contact with him and are unaware of his living situation when he’s with his father. I would also talk to your lawyer or whomever about revising the parenting plan and adding that you need to be allowed to talk to your child when he’s not in your posession. I would never send my kids with someone and not know where they are.

1 Like

If you don’t have money to get a GPS…get a friend to follow him

He’s leaving for the weekend. His time with his son is his time. Honestly I don’t understand why you need to know. So much drama goes on when parents are separated or divorced. If an emergency did happen whether you know where he lives or not how do you think you’ll find out, someone contacting you so the address I feel is irrelevant. If you needed to know the address at that point Its obvious it would be given to you. So Unless you feel it’s a threat and he’s tried keeping your son in the past and isn’t a person who is on time to give him back then why would it matter? My parents would meet up in public places because of past drama and that avoided having any incidents. When that changed, surely there was another incident. My guess is he’s trying to avoid that. But you could update that it’s not every weekend anymore. I think any changes should be reported in case you ever need proof of anything. It’s on court documents of the change.

1 Like

I don’t really understand why you would need to know where he lives… Surely if there was an emergency you would obviously call him or even his mother and his mother could go to his place… Not knowing where he lives is not a big deal…

1 Like

You cant keep the child from his dad. Just because he will not tell you were he lives at. Its none of ur business where he lives at he doesnt have to tell you anything. You dont need to know. If in case of a emergency he call you and you meet him at the hospital.

1 Like

If it is in your custody agreement that you are supposed to know where he is then you need to take it to the courts. Since he continues to defy the court orders he can potentially be penalized.

4 Likes

Look at pricing a “tile” on Amazon. You can track them from your phone, hide it in a bag or a stuffed animal that he takes with him :woman_shrugging:t2: also not sure on his age but they have watches that can call/video chat/gps on Amazon and they’re 20$ a month for the data plan. You can control who the child calls and everything from your phone. Hopefully that helps!

5 Likes

You need to take it back to court. Meanwhile you will face contempt if you don’t send him. That may backfire on your cause.

2 Likes

Put a GPS tracker on your son

1 Like

Why send ur son. Ur allowed to stop visitation until u get an address and u know it is a safe environment. File for emergency full custody if u have to

3 Likes

Its usually always in the court agreement you both know the address your son is going to be at unless its protected then you cant get it but the judge would need a good reason.If its written on the papers then refuse to give him your son until you get his address and if its not then go back to mediation or court to fix it…

It’s 100% her business to know where the dad lives!!! All Y’all saying it’s not her business are incorrect. Say something happened to the dad and the kid was the only one there with him, how would she know where to pick her kid up from? Freak accidents happen. Or say that she’s had an emergency and needs to get ahold of the dad, but maybe he’s not answering the phone. She has every right to know where her kid is at when he’s not with her.

10 Likes

They make very small GPS trackers that use an app for your phone that you can tie to a shoe or hide in a toy, in a bag or anywhere really.

2 Likes

Give the kid an old I phone or get them one so you can reach them or they can reach you incase of an emergency. Also enable find my friends.

2 Likes

I’d order a “tile” off Amazon, it’s a super small GPS tracker you can see from your phone and boom I’d POP UP, all y’all saying it isn’t her business is FULL OF SHIT! My kid MY BUSINESS is my philosophy.

He’s 7 and doesn’t know where he goes and keeps secrets?

Google white pages. It will tell you where he lives

I would put a tracking device on my child, and try looking for him on the internet and Facebook. One place to try is www.anywho.com , you can look for people and businesses. It has reverse lookup if it’s a landline phone. It doesn’t come up with anything sometimes but it works quite a bit.

2 Likes

You have a right to know where your son is. Is there a reason your ex will not give you his address. It seems a little odd.

3 Likes

I just saw on TV.and read on Facebook the story where the Mom disappeared, her parents had custody of the kids and the dad was supposed to have SUPERVISED visits with the case worker. He talked her into going to his new house, put the boys and himself in locked the caseworker out, doused the little boys with gasoline and lit the lighter, the whole house blew up killing him and the kids. His wife has never been found. Tell.me again why this mother doesn’t need to know where her child is even on visits with his dad who is already lying to the courts.

17 Likes

Stop letting him take him and file for an emergency custody hearing

3 Likes

Sounds fishy to me!!

1 Like

Pick your battles wisely…

2 Likes

You can get him a smart watch made for kids on Amazon for like 40-60 dollars. It has a GPS tracker on it that goes straight to your phone. I got my now 8 year old daughter one after her school lost her for about 25-30 mins and couldn’t locate her (she was in the school the whole time :roll_eyes:) but it definitely brings peace of mind! Sorry you’re going through that, you should take it all to court!

8 Likes

Put a tile in his backpack

1 Like

You don’t have to send him.

Why is he being so shady?

This page is horrible for this kind of advice. Please seek a coparenting page that encourages healthy coparenting not fighting over a kid.

7 Likes

Sounds like you need to let go of your attachment to your ex…the same goes for him, does he know where you are everyday with his child…maybe he has a new woman and doesn’t want to make it your business…if he needs to let the court know and he hasn’t, then he is in contempt. If the court knows, they are under no obligation to tell you.

2 Likes

Part of joint custody is that you have to keep the courts updated with your physical address. Otherwise you can legally refuse to allow him to go with his father. I would stop visits and file an emergency petition to the courts and your reasons for the petition. I’m sure any judge would agree your only looking out for the safety and well being of your child.

2 Likes

Does he know where is child is at all times? Do you call him to let him know when you take his kid to the grocery store? To the park? To visit relatives? Or is the kid banished to stay inside your home so he knows where he is?

4 Likes

Call the cops say ur ex abducted ur son and u have no idea where he lives… u have ecery right to know his address thats sketchy as fuck

I be would just not send him period if he’s going to keep this from you I’d straight tell him either you let me know where your taking my son or you won’t be taking him period I mean does he know your address and where his son address with you it works both ways how would he feel if you kept that from him seems time something sneaky going on wouldn’t sit well with me I definitely wouldn’t send him with him and contact whoever and let them know what’s going on and that your not sending your son because he won’t let you know where he’s taking him

2 Likes

Two choices here- don’t send him with him until he tells you. If tells you good- move on.
If he doesn’t- keep him home let him file denied parent time and go to court to discuss your issue with it.
Your 2nd choice, file a motion to go to court right away and discuss it.

Depending on the state, the other parent doesn’t have to tell you where they physically live. As long as the child is safe and is returned when they should be than it shouldn’t be an issue where he physically is at all times. This applies to WA bit idk about other states.

1 Like

You meet drop off child and have a friend or 2 follow him

6 Likes

Put a tracker on his car. It’s super easy. I do it all the time. Most trackers stay charged up to 7 days and are live trackers. Once he parks, you’ll be able to get a location.

Tracker. Even if it’s a key ring one to put in a fave toy he carries around or even in his bag pack hidden in a secret pocket. Heck get it sewed into a cap or something your son always has on him!

11 Likes

Better yet get one of your friends to wait outside when dad picks up and slot the tracker somewhere his car :joy:

Take him back to court for contempt of the agreement for only taking your son every other weekend and not every weekend… Then during court have added to the agreement that you know the address of your ex so you know where your child will be when he is with him. You do have a right to know. You do have a right to feel uncomfortable, because there is no reason he should be sneaky about where he is living.

1 Like

I wouldn’t send him.
I’d notify the police lawyers ect of what you are doing and why you are doing it.
Call the police when he turns up to take your son.
His not following protocols therefore should be held accountable for his actions.

7 Likes

I have two kids…two different dads…And neither one of them have ever known where I lived…Have never been to my house. That’s the way I wanted it that’s the way I kept it. My kids are 16 & 11 now and their dads still don’t know where I live. I either dropped them off at their dads or we met up at a park for drop offs. Both my kids dads respected the fact that they didn’t know where I lived…if their was any emergency if was all a phone call…Meet Up…Drop off location! & No Their Dads aren’t bad men/dads. We have a good friendship/ co-parentship. I’ve just always liked my home to be my peace/ safe haven. I have close friends that don’t know where I live.

1 Like

Is there a reason your worried for his well being when he’s with his father? If not…let him do his thing. Js

1 Like

Well if I had no clue we’re my child was staying even though they would be with dad she wouldn’t be going at all I’m sorry bout his luck but parents should know we’re there child is staying in case of emergency

5 Likes

I wouldnt send your son!! As a mother, i would feel there is a reason Dad isnt telling you where he lives, and it prolly isnt a good reason!! I know when my kids were young, it was in court order that i had to have an address of where my kids were gonna be, when they left on Friday, and i had to have a working phone number for them to be reached. When my kids got older, i sent them woth their own phones. If the kids couldnt tell me where they were or the ex, my kids wouldnt go again until i knew where they were gonna be. He is in contempt for not giving you and address and also for lying to the courts.

5 Likes

His not turning in his physical daddy is contempt of court. It’s law that he has to unless there are papers saying otherwise.

1 Like

I might have been understanding of this until you said he won’t let you get behind his car to get his license plate, that’s stalker behavior and a huge red flag for why he might not want you to know where he lives. I get feeling uncomfortable, I’ve been in that situation with my ex and not knowing where he lived or was taking our kids but he’s a parent too and at the end of the day if the kids are taken care of that’s what matters. You could be petty and take him back to court over it bc it technically is a violation but the more peaceful choice would be to trust the man you chose to have a child with to be that’s child’s parent.

2 Likes

Get ur son a phone :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: do you have reason to believe that he will not be safe with his father???

1 Like

Send him with a phone. Have GPS on, and he can call you for anything. Get google family/family link.

1 Like

You know they answer go to court. Something is up

5 Likes

In Ohio if you have a shared parenting plan they make you tell your child’s other parent where you live and vice versa. If you move you have to notify them within so many days.

1 Like

Your son is 7… tell him to read the damn street sign and name of the neighborhood or apartment complex and # on the door.
Fucks sake it’s not rocket science.

Ask your son… what do you pass when you go to dad’s house. Have him point out landmarks. Kids aren’t stupid. He could probably get you pretty close just by landmarks alone.

4 Likes

He’s in contempt of court by not giving you his address. You HAVE TO KNOW where he lives and an active phone number. The same way HE has to know the same things about you. Take him to court

4 Likes

Sounds like a Narcissist to me.

2 Likes

You need to know where your child is at all times… that’s part of being a parent.

I would not send my child.

8 Likes

Get a cheap cell phone, pay as you go. Turn on Google maps location and trace him with that. Put it on silent and in his bag. Bingo!

3 Likes

When they pull out of the drive way follow them :woman_shrugging:

so if you trust dad to care for your alls soon ans you have a phone number I would say it’s none of your concern. I think it’s also not a “moms job” to know where her child is if the child’s with the other parent. obviously you trust him to some degree otherwise you would be doing something to have that information being divulged become part of your parenting plan. I mean it’s all personal preference but if you have a way to reach dad (in an emergency) and he does answer your calls then I would personally live and let live…if the show was on the other foot hand these answers would say “your the mom you have your right to privacy” I have never EVER understood why the rules suddenly change all because he is a dad???

7 Likes

Go to courts this counts as kidnapping or attempt to kidnap.

1 Like

Straight up tell him that you need to know where your son is going to be at
And if he can’t provide you with that info then unfortunately you will not be able to send your son with him.

2 Likes

U only have to notify when u move if it’s more than 50 miles away.
Get your son a cell and put a tracker on it
Or a smart watch
Father should answer phone when you call
As long as he brings him back on day that should be fine
Although u can take him to court and make him inform judge of his address. May take some time before u get a court appt tho

Is your son ever in danger when he’s with his dad?

He has to tell you… Go to court girl.

1 Like

Court order or not my kid would not be going to the other parent’s house if they refuse to give me their address and it’s also in court orders that they have to give you their address.

How old is the child?

Get him a phone :woman_shrugging:t2: IPhone, and use find my iPhone. There is also a “send last known location” option for if it dies or is turned off.

There are apps and things that let you know where kids are at at all times :upside_down_face:

I wouldn’t either. However I know someone who did the same thing but bitch for REAL was insane…

The fact that he is going out of his way to not tell you where he lives is suspicious to me. I found this and it’s a bit expensive but at least you can track your son

6 Likes

Get over yourself. He is the father. He loves this child just as much as you do. Why do you need to know every . He is trying to keep a relationship with his child. You should be happy for that. Relax and know that if a real emergency comes up someone will let you know.

12 Likes

Me personally would hide tracker in bag or coat if was concerned. Also mentioned above phone or watch but maybe to obvious. If he has ipad he takes, they contain tracker to find if lost

1 Like

I think you shouldn’t worry he brings the son home safe his just not your child his both of yours

4 Likes

No no no go back to court and get an address and so on follow ur gut girl or no go

3 Likes

But the kid a phone and turn on location where u can look where he is at all times

10 Likes

Or one of the little key rings that goes on a dog coller and is a tracker, that’s easy and small to hide onto something your child can take with him.

6 Likes

Don’t let him take him who in the right mind does that.? I’m telling you now he wouldn’t be taking my son and for all you people sticking up for this guy are weird let’s see if you would like it if the shoe was on the other foot. Ffs :woman_facepalming:t3: what’s wrong with you

12 Likes

Go to build a bear: make a bear but put this thing in it. Prior to having them sew it shut and put a voice in it saying something cute like daddy and mom are my favorite people. It is traceable on your phone but do not get one that pings as it will give you away

6 Likes

Ask your son? He’s seven so could probably remember a street name and house number!

1 Like

Get a second phone. Activate it 35 dollar straight talk phone from Walmart. Download life 360. Put it in his bag with a passcode on it but on silent. Act like it’s a normal day. Go to a store local and start tracking. Once he’s reached the destination enlarge the photo and screenshot it.

5 Likes

Pretty sure it’s illegal for him to not tell you exactly where he’s gonna be at with your child if you ask. Bring it back up to the courts.

4 Likes

Oh no go to court.Him not telling you where he lives.Your son get him a phone so you can talk to him if you want.Your letting him go that’s crazy.Talk to your son to find house number and street.

1 Like

Amazon has trackers pretty cheap , buy one put inside your sons bag :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

In the UK it is a legal right to know these things!

Have a friend follow him. Maybe someone he doesn’t know.

2 Likes

Bottom line, protect your child! Go back to court & tell them you refuse to send your son until you have a correct address.

3 Likes