My ex won't tell me where he lives so I have no idea where my son is: Advice?

My son is 7. He is supposed to go with his dad every weekend, but he goes every other weekend (his dad decided to only pick him up every other weekend). His dad gave the courts his mom’s address (a one bdrm apt, which is not where he lives). I was ok with it because I did my own research to find out where he lived. But I did alarm the court that he gave them a bogus address. He didn’t know I knew. Now he has moved. I don’t know where and he won’t allow me to get behind his car so I can get a license plate. So now I’m sending my son with his dad, and absolutely no one knows where he’s taking him for the weekend. My son is completely off the radar when he’s with him. I am not comfortable with the fact that no one knows where my son is when he’s with him. What if there was an emergency? I don’t want to send him anymore but my son would be crushed if he didn’t see his dad. What should I do? He’s determined not to be found by anyone or have anyone know where he reside. I wouldn’t care, but I feel a mom should know where her child is at all times.

131 Likes

Yeah, thats not okay at all. you have a right to know where your child is

Do you have his phone number? Maybe you should talk to a lawyer to see what you can do

1 Like

In Texas…he could be found in contempt of court for doing that mess.

8 Likes

While he doesn’t have to give it to you directly, court paperwork filed needs to show his current updated address. Most counties require a prior notice before moving.

3 Likes

Have a friend park behind him at pick up? Maybe walk buy snap a pic? May follow a little? :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I would be contacting a lawyer and going back to court or if he’s not answering the phone I’d call the police say you cant contact him and your trying to check in on him

4 Likes

Bring it to the courts attention

11 Likes

Your best bet is to contact an attorney to determine what you are legally able to do.

3 Likes

Sorry my kids aren’t going in a car I don’t know or a house I don’t have an address for

4 Likes

Legal advice from lawyer

1 Like

I would have someone park close by & follow him when he left. I would find out where he was taking my son one way or another.

6 Likes

Get tile off Amazon put into your sons bag

15 Likes

For the present, maybe get him a smart watch with GPS or something similar? You should speak with your lawyer for sure. That would make me crazy

2 Likes

If it’s going through court then the court should have the correct address. I would speak to a lawyer, especially seems u know he has moved from the address given or it wasn’t correct an this should be updated on his behalf in case he doesn’t bring him back etc. so they know his address.

3 Likes

Stop sending your son with this Moron for Brains.

2 Likes

It’s his way of controlling you. I went through the same s*** turns out he rented the house four blocks away from me. He had every neighbor in my community watching me. He had the neighbor around the corner with cameras on his house that would tell him every time I left my house. He only did two visitations. Both of which I had to purchase the groceries for his home so my kids would be fed. It’s all a control tactic. Just settle it legally. Also when he would not do his visitation he would just pop up at their school they claimed that that was his visitation because he would have lunch with my kids. Such head games I hate men that do this to their children. It may seem like he’s doing it to you but in all actuality screwing your son’s head up

5 Likes

I would NEVER let him go if I didn’t even know where he lived. Your kid might be crushed but he will be alive!

3 Likes

My ex never tells me where he moves to either, I have to get the location from my daughters phone

If your son has a iPhone turn on location settings - my son is 9 his dad has every other weekend so I make sure his phone has locations set on at all times I can see where I son is

2 Likes

If your child has an android phone with Google maps then you can check map history and it will show you places that he has been traveled to even when he hasn’t used the map, just make sure location settings are always turned on.

1 Like

I wouldn’t send my son. Let him file a contempt of the order and then tell the judge your concerns. Especially since he falsified his address with the courts.

I thinks it’s illegal for him not to tell u where he lives. u guys have a kid together u should be the first to know where ur child will be. U should ask ur lawyer or even call a police station & ask them what to do with ur situation.

3 Likes

Got me fd up. No damn way will I allow that. Better have a friend park near yall and follow him home or a neighbor then ask ur son to look at the number on the house.

Get a court ordered parenting plan and insist he give you his address. If he violates it. Press charges. Stop allowing this nonsense to happen

2 Likes

It’s illegal for him to do that

4 Likes

Have someone follow him from a distance

1 Like

IPhone login and check where’s my phone

1 Like

Contact the court and let them know this.

2 Likes

Get him a phone and download life360… that’s how I know where my kids r when they are with their dad.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be sending my kids anywhere if I didn’t know where he was going.

U don’t let him go with his dad? Simple.

Seems like he’s trying to get at u by doing this and it’s working obvi. Buy a tiny gps device and put it on ur kids bag when he visits. They have all kinds check Amazon . Something u could pin to his bag .

2 Likes

If y’all have went to court then he legally required to notify u of his address if he doesn’t u do not have actually have to send him and the judge will hold him in Contempt of court

7 Likes

Hell no. I need to know where my child will be. Period.

Uhm hes his dad? Call me crazy but if dad takes the kids somewhere I don’t know where they are so why is it different. And we don’t ever give BM our address because that would cause drama…

6 Likes

Buy a cheap phone and turn on location and hide it in a diaper bag or backpack for the kid. Or they have watches you can buy your kid that have gps built in them

3 Likes

GPS tile in backpack

5 Likes

I would go to the courts he’s in violation of a court order. Your son maybe devastated but you would be more devastated if he decided he didn’t want to return him and you nor the police would know where to look. If he loves his child and not up to something he wouldn’t have a problem with you or the courts knowing where he resides. Your son may get upset but it’s your duty to protect him. I would give the same advice to him if you were doing what he’s doing

5 Likes

Where do you live? If you’re close then I’ll go follow him for ya :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

I got my son an “angel watch”. It has GPS tracking and you can even listen in to what’s happening without anyone knowing you are. You can add contacts through an app and text/call but only the numbers that are added as a contact can get through to the watch. My son is 7 also and I just never mentioned that it has GPS tracking or that I can listen so it never gets brought up in conversation with his dad.

8 Likes

Can you put your son in the car and ask him if he can show you the way

2 Likes

Pop a god watch in his backpack. You can buy them and put a device sim card in them from your phone provider.

He legally has to tell the courts and i would find someone who will follow him from work or a hangout he would never expect i would be hunting his ass down. Something here isnt right

Noooope. My sons dad tried this and one way or another I got the address. Report it. You shouldn’t have let him use his mom’s address

Get a gps device and attach it to something your son takes with.
I’m sorry, but I would always want to know where my kid is. And legally, doesn’t he have to inform the courts?

6 Likes

I’m not sure what state you’re in, but My son’s father has court ordered visits every other weekend. In our papers, it says that we have to provide phone numbers and addresses to each other. And we’re allowed 1 phone call a day whenever the other parent has him.

2 Likes

You can ask your son if he recognizes any large landmarks or remembers anything around him. Explain that you like knowing where he goes and you worry so he doesnt think anything of it

2 Likes

Hire a PI. The GPS thing is good too.

1 Like

take It to court idk if it would be classified as kidnapping or not but you have a right to know where he’s at and when hell be back I would suggest supervised visits until you can trust him I will say maybe on the other end of things he only wants son and dad time so he gives him a chance to disconnect from mom so they can bond not sure how likely that is but to play it safe just take it to court

1 Like

Put a tracking watch or device in his backpack and before anyone says some bull— this is legal. My grandkids had tracking watches when they went to school-it’s your kid , you can track them any way you see fit. Put it in his tennis shoes if you want.

6 Likes

If you’re In Ohio, message me! I gotchu…my FBI skills are on point :joy:

Okay, but seriously petition the courts and not let your son goes until an address is given. It’s a little weird that he doesn’t freely give that information.

3 Likes

You have every right to know where your kid is. Take him to court again.

If he won’t give you an address then don’t send the kid. My x did that to me and I refused till he gave it to me

4 Likes

Your damn right ! What if you were the one doing that to him .

Don’t let him take him I’ll let you know where he is

Have a friend follow him

1 Like

I agree with everyone saying get a PI and take him back to court. I’m not sure because I don’t know the law, but I’m pretty sure that can be considered kidnapping

Have somebody he doesn’t know follow him!

3 Likes

No way in hell. I’d file and go back to court ASAP. This is a red flag

2 Likes

Angelsense?
They’re typically for special needs children…not only does it give real time GPS but it also allows you to communicate directly with your child. And let’s you listen in.

uhhhm. get over your self, that’s what you should do. unless the dad is a danger to your child why should it matter?

hubbys baby mom didn’t know where we lived for a good 5 years. she threatened to kill my oldest and i refused to let her know our address. corey kept it private for us because her bullshit.

That sounds sorta sketchy he won’t tell you where he lives. Screams red flags all over it.
I’m willing to bet it is one if 2 things:

1. He is planning on not giving him back
    Or
  2. He is living with a girlfriend and she is trouble and don’t want you to know about it. She could have a record 10 miles long.
    Best bet is to get GPS and hire a PI…
    Dad may get pissed, but its better than your kid being killed or kidnapped.
7 Likes

Uuhhhhh nope. Sorry. My son wouldn’t be going plain and simple. Like you said… What if there really WAS an emergency?? As the primary caregiver aka HIS MOTHER I make the rules. And also the courts… Abide by them or sorry you don’t get what you want :woman_shrugging:

By law he has to tell the courts or he is in comtemp

2 Likes

He is not following the court orders either and there is obviously a reason. It might be worth your son being upset to put a stop to things until a correct address is given to you and the courts. You would hate to see something go wrong just to spare your son’s feelings if his safety is at risk and you have no idea.

1 Like

You need to take him back to court. In the meantime, cut off visitation until Dad gets his shit together

So I had this situation and I’m going to honestly tell you what the judge told me…
As long as the child is coming home safe and taken care of it is NOT your business as to where they stay with them. He could live 1 place but stay somewhere completely different while he has your son and it’s not your concern. Just as you wouldn’t expect to have to report to him anytime you take your child anywhere or he spends the night somewhere while under your care, the same goes for him.
It is his time, his say so, and his responsibility to ensure the safety of the child as you do when it’s your time.

6 Likes

There is a device called a tile. It’s a small little square you can put in his pocket and you can track it

Does ur son have an iPad or tablet he takes with his you can alway turn the location on an track your son on there

2 Likes

Nope, I wouldn’t be okay with this. Why is he so secretive about where he lives? You should know where your child is staying.

Yeah, legally he has to update his current address. But I would honestly just get him a gps watch, it’d be a lot less hassle.

1 Like

I bet he wouldn’t be going with him anymore if it was my son until I had more information

Everyone’s situation is different because each court has different laws. We are required, by the court, to notify the other parent if we move. Best thing is to go to court and express your concerns.

He would be crush if he didn’t see his dad?? And you want to be behind his car and your calling the courts and you don’t like not knowing his moves when he has his son??? Wonder where the problem is???

You can go back to court and make it a stipulation that he has to show proof of address and allow you access to the address in case of emergencies

1 Like

My ex is required to give me a copy of his lease when he moves. You should do this

1 Like

Simple solution…he’s in contempt of court, go to court house and go in and talk to someone in the custody office. They will or should give you a form
To fill out to go in front of the judge and have the order put on hold till the father fixes the problem. Or go to lawyer make them do the dirty work and I’m sure they will advise you not to allow child to go till hearing

1 Like

I think that’s against the rules. I would tell the court.

By law u are to know where he lives and have a number to reach him

1 Like

No, don’t let your son go anywhere with him without an address!! I turned down my son’s grandparents for the same reason. They lived 2 hours from me. Take him to court, no judge would approve his actions.

Tell your son to take down the address.
Street name and number

Get a tracking device

1 Like

So I hadda do this with my ex. He was horrendous, mean and petty as hell. A real scum bag full of drama, stalking, sugar in gas tanks, slash tires. Full of drama and would lie constantly in court. Try to make himself look like a victim of some sort and father of the year. If your full of problems I can completely understand why he doesn’t want you knowing we’re he lives. But if you truly aren’t doing anything to cause problems then there’s no reason for you not to know. The courts would make him disclose that info. But if there’s been problems then the judge will not make him. I feel like there’s possibly a reason behind him not wanting you to know.

Hide a dummy phone in your sons bag and use find my friend to track his location.

3 Likes

My husband and his ex have it in court documents that they are allowed reasonable communication between 8am and 7pm when the kids are with the other parent. The parent with the kids is not allowed to interrupt the call or interfere in any way.

1 Like

Does the dad know where his son is at all times, when your out, at a friends, or visiting family?

1 Like

You have someone else down at the end of the street to follow him… or follow him after work.

I bet you he is dating someone you don’t like and doesnt want drama

1 Like

Not giving the courts your address is contempt of court. File a new hearing and send your son with a cell phone or get him a gps smart watch

14 Likes

I wouldn’t let my child go with anyone unless I knew where they were going.

5 Likes

Tell him he can’t take him anymore until you know where he lives for safety reasons period

2 Likes

Get your son a phone and get the gps app or 360. You’ll always know where he is.

4 Likes

If you have an iPhone and he has an other apple products use the track my phone app my so and I use it since we both travel if we don’t get a response or whatever the reason we can see exact location to make sure the other is okay

Good God people the boy is going to his DADs house. So does that mean DAD needs to put a tracker when going with MOM? Why is everyone assuming this man is evil? He probably has a new girlfriend that this MOM is jealous of

3 Likes

Use a Tile tracking device. Hide it inside your sons bag or somewhere it wouldn’t draw attention. They look like a tiny square and are easy enough to hide but won’t be as obvious as a phone that he can take away from your son. You can track the tile with the app on your phone and they are super accurate. I know people that use them on their wallets and keys that’s how accurate they are at giving you a location.

Hell no , tell the courts so you can get the real information. He could disappear and you wouldn’t know where to start

2 Likes

Why is this even a quiet? Hard no

These work wonders, I’ve had 3 different ones definitely worth every penny. Charge it completely before u send him.

1 Like

Get a GPS device, make a small whole in the lining of your sons bag, create a pocket that will go inside said hole then drop it in. From the outside it’ll look like a tear but still allows access to charge the device. If you add a strip of Velcro to the inside of the pocket and to the device you won’t have to worry about it sliding out/being found.

3 Likes