My family always makes comments about my teens acne: Advice?

It could be a hormonal imbalance and birth control might help regulate it. Or a food intolerance. But the family pointing it out is atrocious. She should ask if they just noticed or forgot from the last time they saw her. If I were you, I’d ask aunt and cousin if belittling others is a family past time and just blank stare them until they leave

My new favorite :
Tell the aunt to have a glass of milk, because its good for your teeth !
Next tell her … so is minding your own business !

1 Like

Ok, every preteen/teen gets acne.
Every. Single. One.
It’s a totally different subject than weight.
Your child should be cleaning her face. Perhaps they noticed that she didn’t and suggested it.
Maybe your child commented on her cousin/aunt washing their face and said something then rather than just out of the blue.

As mom you should be encouraging your child to develop these kind of hygeine habits.
It shouldn’t be aunts place, but if you dont/wont aunt actually cares enough to do so.

My nephew is only a month older than my son. I 100% would be ok (when they’re older) telling him that washing his face could help prevent breakouts.
Not to make him feel bad, but because it’s something he should know. And for some reason teens/preteens sometimes take those kind of talks better from not thier parents.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be allowing my child to go back. Everything you just said, needs to be said directly to the aunt.

I am 29 with acne… i had it since 12 or so… i have tried everything i feel like. Its rough. Hang in there

Yeah that’s not right. I would tell them “what if i commented on your weight, clothes etc” so they can understand. They might just be trying to help but that’s the wrong way for sure.

Acne is normal for teenagers

1 Like

My daughter has acne and it’s not super bad but I got so many different washes for her we are trying proactive now. Maybe try some stuff out so she has clear skin. I had acne and my mom got me proactive and my face looked so good I felt incredible

Maybe she is trying to help? I have psoriasis and lots of people tell me things, some of them work

Tell them to tend to theirs and you’ll tend to yours.

I snap about mine. You don’t get to talk about my babies.

Put them in check…

That’s so disrespectful. Not only that, but girls that age develop issues with their looks very easily. That type of stuff is a sensitive topic. My mom would call me things like pizza face and make fun of my acne, and I was super self conscious. I ended up getting through it ok, but I know not every girl does. I hope things get better soon.

Time to say goodbye, to auntie until your daughter clear it up on her own, with her doctor

Take her to a dermatologist.
Family can be so unkind.

I have a serious question. If this is a known problem with her aunt and cousin, why do you continue to let her go over there? I’m not trying to be rude, or mean.

I would tell the Aunt about it. If it continues don’t send your kid there.

Tell them to mind their own business

You said she wouldn’t use the soap? Why if it might work/help.
Should they be saying anything? No. Does that mean it comes from a mean or hateful place? No. Especially since the aunt bought her something to try and help her.

Is this your sister, or sister in law?
Either way just sit down and talk with her aunt. She may not realize she is upsetting your daugter.
Also, I’m a bit confused as to why your knee jerk suggestion is to attack her daughter’s weight. I dont understand what that has to do with anything.

Me in laws used to say things to my daughter about her weight in comparison to her cousins. Infuriating, and I felt either I or Dad Had to say something about it. She still feels self conscious of her weight 9 years later.

Maybe they were trying to help.

I would say something to them. I was told my whole life to lose weight im going to be fat by my own grandmother she would give me weight loss books ect. I never told anyone, i was 10 or so it seriously messed my ideal of myself up. I know now she was trying to help in her own way but it really hurts from someone you care about. So please advocate for your child. Maybe they dont know what they are doing is hurtful.

Yes, it is true. I was a client of Dr.NOSA and I must tell
everyone that he is a real spell caster. When my boyfriend left me it
was turmoil for 2 years. I met Dr.NOSA through a testimony also
and he told me that no matter what the problem is, he is ready to help
anyone who comes to him. Just in 2 days, my ex called me and wanted to
meet. I agreed and made preparations to meet him. He told me how he
feels guilty for what he did and he wanted me back. My boyfriend has
come back to me. I am happy with Dr.NOSA for his marvelous work
and I will recommend him to anyone who needs a spell caster. Contact
him to help you at his page
WhatsApp: +2347081501940 OR Gmail [email protected] :rose::rose: