My fiance constantly lies to me about his past: Thoughts?

My fiancé is lying to me about his past. He refuses to tell me the truth about anything pertaining to it. I’ve caught him in several lies already. I know his past is none of my business, but why lie about it? Especially when you can be lying about anything else in the present. He has even lied about a whole relationship, and I’m starting to see the treats me exactly how he treated her. Is it time to call it quits, correct? Or am I reading too much into things?

I know this is a week old, but this is seriously concerning. If he refuses to tell you anything about his past, and you have already caught him in several lies about it, he is refusing to tell you who he IS. Personally, I would not want to marry someone who wouldn’t honestly tell me who he is, and who kept lying about the fundamentals of his identity. No, you are not reading too much into things. You are hearing alarm bells, and I would listen to them.

1 Like

Do not marry him. If he lies then you don’t really know anything about him & you do not want to marry someone you know nothing about.

1 Like