My fiance flipped out on me because I was going to breastfeed in public: Advice?

So I have a question about breastfeeding in public. I am totally okay with it. My fiance initially told me he was okay with it. Out of respect for him, I intended to cover up while feeding. Well, today, we were planning on going out to eat, and I said I would probably have to feed her while we were there. He flipped. He said it’s disrespectful and slutty. He justified it by saying there are too many creeps in the world. I told him I was gonna cover-up. Needless to say, we aren’t going out to eat anymore because he was pissed. How would you handle this situation? I’m furious.

143 Likes

Take the baby and go out to eat.
He can eat but the baby can’t :thinking:

6 Likes

How is feeding your baby in any way sexual? It is what our bodies are designed to do. I’d go out without him and grab a friend.

5 Likes

That’s horrible. He needs to be considerate and understanding that your baby needs to be fed. That’s the priority. Breastfeeding is by far not slutty and he should be mature enough to know that.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t be engaged any longer. Disrespectful and slutty? To care for your child? That language and response is a red flag for me.

12 Likes

slutty?! the only disrespect i see here is the way he decided to talk to you. if he would of said he was worried about all the creeps in the world and can you cover maybe it’d be different. i’d go out to eat by myself with the baby

7 Likes

You should be pissed. That’s completely ridiculous.

8 Likes

He needs to grow up. Breastfeeding is a natural thing. It is not sexual.

5 Likes

Get a new fiance…how dare he slut shame you for feeding your kid…

12 Likes

Go by yourself with baby. Screw him

3 Likes

I would of went out alone and fed myself and my baby!! Slutty is def not the way to describe feeding your child. I’d reconsider the engagement.

Oh hell no!! He basically called you a slut for saying you had to feed his child in public.
There needs to be a long talk about this.
A talk that could actually make or break your relationship but definitely can’t be avoided.
Is actually pack the baby up and go eat without him.
Let him fend for himself and from this moment forward let him figure out his meals since he can eat whenever and however and his child can’t.

7 Likes

He’s not your husband! He’s just your fiance and showed you exactly who he is a verbal and mental abuser. Only God knows how much worse it’ll get. To call you slutty for something as natural as feeding your child is disgusting. Run now while you can!!

8 Likes

I’d be furious too and hope he cooks then

1 Like

Wow! That’s ridiculous! Mmmm… his remarks are embarrassing and extremely offensive. I would be pissed too.

3 Likes

I’d start by dumping him and fighting for as much custody of your child as you can. If he calls you slutty for feeding your child, then God only knows what will happen next.

5 Likes

I’d keep it off Facebook and discuss it in private again…hopefully he would appreciate your keeping this to one another …hopefully you two have a good communication relationship it may go better perhaps?

7 Likes

Not cool in any way shape or form! He needs to grow up! What did they do b4 bottles? That’s why we as women have breasts and give birth if it was men they’d starve and who know what else! And he can eat but the baby can’t

4 Likes

Major red flag! Major disrespect!
If he cannot accept breasts are designed to nurture a baby, and calls you ‘slutty’ for breast feeding while covering up, I would definitely re-evaluate your situation! GTFO while you can before he isolates you from friends and family completely.
Your baby comes first! Hugs​:sparkling_heart::kissing_heart:

7 Likes

I breastfed each kid for a little while before going to formula. Had problems upkeeping supply anyhow. I never breastfed in public. I don’t like the idea of showing off body parts like that. I would pump before leaving if that was the case.

2 Likes

My baby my boobs and Im going to feed my child when needed point blank .

Ignorant. Absolutely ignorant.

2 Likes

If the world has creeps why is he calling it slutty for breastfeeding. What else did he pretend to accept and will show his true colours when you all are married. Next he might want to force you to give your baby formula.

2 Likes

I would go out to eat with the baby and without him!! Sheesh! :woman_facepalming:t3:

4 Likes

I’d go eat with just the actual baby not the man baby.

4 Likes

It’s people like him the sexualize it that makes it hard for women to FEED THEIR BABIES! Even in public if the baby needs to eat they are gonna fucking eat!!! Wth is wrong with people these days. Smdh. And he is a jerk for talking to you that way too. I’d be pissed off too. Make my own damn dinner and he can figure his out for himself.

Narcissistic control freak. Red alert. Had an ex like that. It gets worse with time.

4 Likes

I’d be irate and honestly that is not something I would ever put up with. The only thing disrespectful in this whole issue is him. Slutty?? That’s beyond disgusting. That would have been a dealbreaker right then and there for me in a situation like that. I can tell you that is not a normal response and is a definite red flag for how much worse it will get over time. You should really stop and think about your relationship with him and think about what you’re willing to sacrifice how you should be treated versus how you are being treated. These thoughts and opinions he says will also be projected onto your child as they grow and that is. Ot one I would ever want my child around.

I wouldn’t dare be with someone who called me slutty. Tell him either he retracts what he said or he can find someone else. Even if he dont want you doing it he still should never talk to you like that. There are ways to talk about it without being degrading. As far as the breastfeeding in public part its not slutty but if he doesnt like it then you shouldnt do it in front of him. Its about having mutual respect for each others feelings.

3 Likes

Slutty?! Sorry to be the one to tell you this but, chick your man is a fucking moron :+1:

3 Likes

Get a big blanket to throw over your baby and breast while you’re feeding your baby

1 Like

He’s being ridiculous! Squirt him in the eye with some breastmilk! Lol

6 Likes

Get a new fiance… he is disrespectful to you now… what’s next? And… when did he become your boss?

6 Likes

So we are going to assume your fiance is also the father of your baby. Personal advice, put marriage on hold until he grows the fuck up or you will be taking care of two babies. Good luck. I wish you well. Stay strong for your baby.

8 Likes

Your fiancé is trash. Throw the trash away.

1 Like

I see lots of red flags! And my husband is appalled and said he honestly sees physical abuse coming from this man.
His behavior is way out of line!

1 Like

Breastfeeding is a wonderful natural experience. It’s good for you and it’s good for the baby. He needs to he supportive of your choice to do this.

2 Likes

I would make it clear it is between you and baby.Mind his business.

1 Like

Tell him his mom Brest fed him I am sure cover up an do your thing it is the natural thing to do no shame in this game nothing wrong wit you he must be a Breast man an jealous of his kid laugh it of

2 Likes

When my kids were little, I nursed them at restaurants. I would always ask for a back booth and turn my back toward the other people and of course I had a nursing blanket to put over the baby and I don’t think anybody really noticed other than the waitress and nobody really said anything so I don’t think it bothered anybody. My husband never really said anything to me that it bothered him so I guess it didn’t as long as I was modest about it. Nursing is the best thing in the world for your baby but you need to be able to go out and enjoy your baby and your life at the same time. I agree that there are some real creeps out there but by sitting in a back Booth with your back toward the other people should eliminate any gawking

Throw away the whole man child

5 Likes

Cover up n tell him to shut up.

2 Likes

Better yet just do it n stare at him the whole time. Bet he wont do anything abt it :blush:

3 Likes

Babies hungry, feed him/ her !! If it offends him he can cover his face with a blanket or go sit in the bathroom !!

4 Likes

I am sorry to say that… No real man will insult loved one like that. I got out of domestic violence marriage. Been called all names and etc… You better think twice before you marry him…

5 Likes

There is NOTHING wrong with feeding your child! Hunny run while you can.

3 Likes

throw a blanket on his head the next time he is trying to eat. when he flips out, tell him thats how his child feels.

6 Likes

Just use a breast pump n put it in bottles n take them with you guys when going out it’s not that difficult

10 Likes

Girl go out to eat without him. You and your baby are hungry.

2 Likes

Stop feeding your fiance

8 Likes

Slutty??? He needs a refresher course in anatomy. Thats what theyre for. That would be a deal breaker for me. Couldn’t be with someone that ignorant. Above all else its your body. He needs to grow up.

9 Likes

Your fiance needs to grow up!!! Nothing slutty about feeding your baby. What an idiot.

9 Likes

Literally tell that disgusting human being this
“I’m feeding your child. How in the hell are you sexualising that?”
How is feeding your newborn baby slutty? Does he think woman derive sexual pleasure from breastfeeding?

You’re being a good mother, and using your breasts for what they’re meant for. Your baby is hungry when they’re hungry, it;s not your job to tend to the feelings of others when you have a hungry newborn.

Ask him this “When he was breastfed by his mother, did he think she was deriving sexual pleasure from it? Was she being slutty?”

9 Likes

Does he eat out in public I see nothing wrong with it and your covered :wink:

2 Likes

You probably shouldn’t marry him. Who knows what else he might flip out about

8 Likes

I’m shocked that he said breastfeeding is slutty. How is something that is so natural slutty? A womans breast were intented for nourishment for her offspring, it was mankind who turned it into something it’s not

7 Likes

I’m sorry but he should feel utter happiness, and be extremely proud and content to see his child being nourished. A man would see this, henceforth he’s not that developed.

4 Likes

Put the cover on his head.

1 Like

Tell him to help
Me pump my milk and feed her from now on in public.

Don’t think I will be marrying someone like this either.

Arghhh MEN …its not slutty thats a horrible thing to say to you. You are a beautiful loving mum wanting to satisfy her bubbas needs F#CK him ( sorry probably a bit harsh im having a really bad day )

3 Likes

I think he means he is jealous and doesn’t want men to see her breast’s

2 Likes

A baby needs to eat when it NEEDS to - not when it’s convenient

How would I handle it? Id go out to eat and leave the baby at home. (Meaning your fiance)

8 Likes

Red flags!!! Run like hell!

6 Likes

I actually have a friend who this EXACT same thing happened to, almost word for word, about 15 years ago. Fast forward, they’re still together with 2 teenage kids. She does absolutely everything he says, can’t do anything without his permission, isn’t allowed to wear makeup, cannot have male friends or spend money, he watches her weight and she’s basically his possession.
The girls who said red flags were right.

It is not slutty but there are slot of perverts out there that view breasts as sexual EVEN when they are feeding a baby.

3 Likes

tell him it’s not him who’s going to breastfeed but your baby. what an asshole!

1 Like

I would trade him in for a better model

2 Likes

Hey dumbass here in the real world when a baby is hungry you feed it I hope he is not the baby’s father what a idiot

1 Like

I have no words… Sounds like control… Its the most natural and best thing for your baby… Please please ignore him… How ignorrent

1 Like

Three for you to give him
HIT THE ROAD!!
One more thing DON’T MARRY HIM!!!

1 Like

Tell him to fuck off!!!

1 Like

I think that people in general put so much negative attention and conflict around breast feeding. Maybe he doesn’t want someone saying something in public and is trying to avoid conflict or maybe he’s just an ass either way you guys should have a personal conversation about what really is going on.

He’s an asshole and there is NOTHING slutty about feeding your baby. I’d purposely go out and breastfeed my baby just to give him a big fuck you. I’ll be DAMNED anybody come at me about breastfeeding my baby in public. Tf?!! He sounds like he has a lot of growing up to do and his mother did a shitty job raising him.

1.) How old is your fiance? 2.) How conservative is his Mother and did she breastfeed him? 3.) If she did breastfeed him did she ever have to go in public AND breastfeed. 4.) Hopefully you are close with his Mom to have this conversation and maybe have a talk with the 3 of you so he can understand that in no way breastfeeding is sexual.

What a fuckwit. I bet he doesn’t mind perving in all the other slutty types out there flashing more tit than breastfeeding mothers. Find someone better.

3 Likes

Tell him he can’t eat out in public. Cause he won’t let the child eat.

5 Likes

Punch him first all for call u that that apart life his ass be setting on poirch sleeping all I’m say do you boo feed your baby where you wont to when you wont to he dont like it tell kiss yo ass I’m just saying

Starting to see some control issues…Counseling maybe? I worry about the ‘slutty’ comment. And ‘disrespectful’ to whom?

2 Likes

Unfiance him ASAP …!

7 Likes

Breastfeed in private! Thanks much.

1 Like

Go out alone and feed your baby , Swanson make frozen meals he can heat up…

2 Likes

Feed baby when hungry but cover up - it’s that simple!

1 Like

I would handle it by breaking off the engagement.

7 Likes

He is a person who doesn’t look at women with respect, hence he finds it slutty. Just shows his mindset. Dump him and run.

10 Likes

Pull your titties out, look him dead in his face and walk outside.

6 Likes

Saying that breastfeeding is anything other than a mother feeding her child with the equipment nature gave her for just that purpose, is disrespectful. Breasts have absolutely no use in reproduction, they are not sex organs. He is 100% over the line in saying you’re being slutty for feeding your child. Do it anyway. You child matters more than his ego

13 Likes

This is touchy subject. In no way is feeding your baby wrong in public. Yes there are perverted people in world totally get it. I would try to talk about it so he can understand no way is it wrong. It is a natural thing to do and finally now more woman are going back to doing this natural feeding which God intended us woman to do. It’s beautiful and a bonding time. Maybe you can pump and use bottle if that much of an issue. But has to be addressed and talked about

1 Like

Insecure man needs to check himself!

HE has big issues!!!
If he sees breastfeeding as slutty and disrespectful then it’s him who is the creep IMO!
Obviously being discreet is one thing, but his over the top reaction is making it an unnecessary issue!

7 Likes

Go out and eat without him

5 Likes

Honestly I don’t agree with breastfeeding in public but if you cover up it shouldn’t be matter .

2 Likes

What a jerk you poor woman I’d be leaving him now

1 Like

This is white community issue, we as blacks we find it calming and powerful, this is where we appreciate God’s work about breast milk :yum:

2 Likes

Hope he doesn’t eat out

The debate about breastfeeding in public has gotten so crazy. It is the 100% natural and best way to feed your baby, if you are able to. It’s easy to cover up and feed in public. The problem is with other people trying to impose their opinions on another. It kills me that it is okay for women to walk around with most of their boobs and ass hanging out, but a woman feeding her child is offensive. And apparently a breastfeeding woman is an easy target to bully, because I have never seen anyone confront those half dressed women but breastfeeding mothers get attacked all the time. He was wrong for calling you slutty and he needs to get a grip.

2 Likes

Run and don’t turn back

2 Likes

A baby has to eat… Its nothing sexual or slutty about it… As a breast feeding mother also that is the most insulting thing I’ve ever heard… He needs to apologize to you, because if you plan on covering ( or even if you didn’t) its ok to BF your child ANYWHERE…

3 Likes

Leave him while you still can he has major issues with how he perceives women like objects. He should be supporting you. The control will only escalate over time.

2 Likes

Wtf. So you’re supposed to starve your baby because your husband is an idiot?
Sounds like he has control issues and this is borderline abusive. Slutty? Is he fucking serious? Feeding your baby is slutty? Oh man this just triggered me. I’d leave him tbh fuck that

4 Likes