My fiance sold my sisters car after she passed: advice?

And his A** would have been out the door and the relationship would have over even he was husband that was nit his place even he would have gave you all the money it was ur sister car and especially if it was the last of hers to help u get through emotionally

Sell his brother’s :red_car:

I’m sorry you lost your sister :disappointed: :heart:

4 Likes

I would call police and press changes in

2 Likes

How did he have the Title to it to sell it? Did he forge something? You sure you want to marry someone who would do that? My condolences to you and your family for your sister. :pray::pray::pray:

He may have been thinking it would be easier for you not to see it everyday.

Your fiancée LIED to you— how did he have authority to sell her car? If he didn’t, that’s Fraud. He’s lying to you now, DONT keep him in your life. Liars & cheats only get worse!!

4 Likes

It was not his place call him on it,and he owes you a apology and the money

2 Likes

Contact a lawyer and/or the police. Check with your local legal aid office if you are trying to keep costs down. So many horribly things wrong with what he did. Big red flag things are wrong!!! Did he have the title? Was he her executor of her will? Was she married? Have adult children? Who did he get permission to sell her car? Or did he lie to the Person and say there was no title? What legal right did he have? From the sound of it, none and what he did was illegal? Depending on what the year and make of the car was and he took it on himself that could be a huge legal mess. A felony? Misdemeanor? Not to mention how that must hurt you, and how unfair that is to you.

4 Likes

Sell his brother’s car. It’s just in the way taking up space. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Ouch. That was definitely not right. You could go back on it. Especially if you’re not married.

How about a posing the question in a clearly written manner?

How did the fiance sell a car he didn’t own?

Did he forget signatures?

Why does he have his brother’s car?
What is the point of that bit of information?

Sheeeeesh…so many missing pieces to this.

2 Likes

Have his brothers car towed to a friend/family member and see what he says. Just say it was taking up space.

1 Like

Unbelievable!!! That is so wrong and if it didn’t belong to him as in ownership, a felony too! A person like this doesn’t respect you as a person, your feelings, and unfortunately he probably won’t change over time. In other words, RED FLAG!
I’d go to the court house and see if you can find out if the person who bought it has licensed it and reported how much they bought it for; then demand that much money for your so called “fiancé” - he would be my former fiancé at this point. If he doesn’t cough up every penny report as stolen and press charges

3 Likes

I would go to the police and file charges. He stole your sisters car and sold it. How did he get all the papers he needed to sell the car? Please have that piece of trash arrested and get him out if your life. He picketed the money for her car too, didn’t he?

Your can get car back he stole it grow up it is all about him except this or move on

2 Likes

If he can be that insensitive AND lie to you it would make me rethink a lot. That is wrong! It wasn’t his decision to make. I’d be furious

1 Like

My material possessions have no sentimental value to me, so I wouldn’t be mad, but I understand that others have different opinions, so if the car meant a lot to your sister, and he knew that, then definitely he’s wrong.

2 Likes

It wasn’t his property to sale. Period.

3 Likes

Did he know the car was special to you, or was it special to you? Do you feel like is was sneaky or malicious? What did he do with the money? (Woman dont always have strong connections to mechanics like cars and machines ect so it couldve been an innocent thought process as to why he has his brothers car yet, anyways) have you told him how you feel about him selling it?

How did he sell it? I doubt he was on the title & he’s not related so he’s not even close to next of kin. It sounds more like your bf STOLE your sister’s car from you & sold it for his benefit. Leave him & press charges on him for theft.

8 Likes

call the police he stole it and sold it and if he would do this there is no telling what other underhanded stuff he would do

4 Likes

Sell his car & keep the money or call the cops wrong person to be with

2 Likes

Yeah not cool I would sell his brothers car plus that money belongs to you

Have him arrested for theft, his name was not on the title, report it stolen, what did he do with the money…if you stayed with him…please keep your mouth shut…that’s about as low and disrespectful as you can get…you can do better than him…and we obviously don’t have all the facts…

3 Likes

He had NO right in selling her car specially without your knowledge period no excuse how would he feel if you sold his brothers without his knowledge

I think we need context to better judge our thoughts

First of all he would no longer be my fiance’. Second he had no right without asking you first, it was your sisters car, non of his business. He could not sell it legally because the title has to be signed by legal owner and notarized.

Everyone asking how he got the title:
I’m assuming OP had it put up somewhere. A lot of people that buy used cars don’t care at all whose name is on a title and don’t even pay attention majority of the time. It wouldn’t have been hard for him to sell it at all :woman_shrugging:
Now to OP: this SUCKS and is not okay and is grounds for not getting married

1 Like

I’d leave him so fast… that is so insensitive and clearly he doesn’t care about your feelings and it wasn’t even his to sell… red flags on the kind of person he is… run… he’s just your fiance

If he sold it and it would be illegal where is the money he got for it?

1 Like

How was it sold without his name on the title ? Go get it back

Break it off with him. It was very inconsiderate of him to not consult you. Ask yourself, do you want to be married to someone like him?

1 Like

So wrong! Did he give you the money?

He must have gotten hold of the title somehow. Well, now that the car is gone, it’s your word against his that there ever was a car. It would be kinda hard to prove. You could try to bluff him, ask him where the money is and threaten to call the law if he doesn’t give it to you. But I doubt if he still has the money. I would say that you should break it off with this guy. He has stolen from you… disposed of property without your knowledge or consent. I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him.

1 Like

Did he have any right to the car as his property? Was it signed over into your name?
I mean either way I think it’s a jerk move especially because it’s YOUR sister how would he feel if you went behind him and sold HIS brothers vehicle? Probably would be very unhappy about that.

Jerk move period. Borderline theft IMO.

1 Like

How did he sell it? Was the title in his name? You can get it back but it would mean pressing charges against him and then the people would have to return the car or you could have them charged with receiving stolen goods. No matter the reason. You can’t just up and sell someone’s car especially if your name isn’t on the title

1 Like

He just signed his exit ticket!

1 Like

Sell his brother’s car… see how he likes it

1 Like

He does not care about you or your feelings. :frowning: that was none of his business in the 1st place…why is he getting into it? Makes no sense to me…he just wanted to make some money off it. He probably has an addiction you know nothing of.

It wasn’t his to sell
Thats theift

1 Like

Leave and sell his brothers call and say it’s in the way

Sell his brother’s car :joy:

1 Like

Call a lawyer and then call the cops and have him arrested only the owner of the car can sell it and you have to go through a process I just looked it up depend on your state

How can he sell it without your parents or your permission. Totally wrong to do and in all reality is theft

2 Likes

HOW…did UR FIANCE…SELL UR SISTERS CAR??? :thinking:

3 Likes

Me: Ex-Fiancé stole your car & sold it and either better give that money or go to jail after he moved out and sorry for loss🙏🏼

3 Likes

Your whole text is confusing …where is your sister’s car now?

2 Likes

It wasn’t his to sell. You tell him to get your car back or you’ll be speaking to the cops about it. Her estate isn’t his estate

1 Like

Did he give the money to you? Did you have plans for the car? I think when we are grieving we can be triggered about things that later seem trivial, but feel infuriating at the time. If he meant no harm and you had no plans and he has the money, try to take it easy on him and focus on a healthy grieving process, revisit it when things aren’t feeling so intense.

If he ain’t got your money…sell his brothers car🤭

2 Likes

Run from this guy fast

First, how did he get the title? Only the owner’s name is on the title and has to sign off. Something is not right here. If he has not given you or your family the money. Have him arrested.

6 Likes

How did he sale the car without putting it in his name first? This doesn’t sound right

he probably sold it for parts, received cash… depending on what car it was. How dare he!!

I had to take information to court house including death certificate when my husband died even though my name was on them

1 Like

So he stole it and sold it and your asking is what to do dump his disgusting ass !!!

Leave him. Unless it was discussed, which he lied about it so I doubt it was, thats messed up and he knows it and doesn’t care.

First he could have told you that it was in the way and that you should let him sell it but he sold it from under your nose so that tells me he is selfish and inconsiderate and doesnt even think of your feelings so what does that tell you about your future with him…he will only think of himself…also did he give you all the money from the sale if he did good but if not what gives him the right to keep it…
I would be having a really good discussion with him about respect and greiving because he lacks respect…and i would seriously think about marrying that fool

This doesn’t make sense. It wouldn’t be his to sell.

4 Likes

Should have NEVER DONE THAT !!!

1 Like

He shouldn’t have sold it without talkin to you first hunny

3 Likes

Tell him you want the car. It wasn’t his to sell. If he can’t get it back, sell his brother’s car and don’t even say nothing about it. Just sell it, move out and move on with your life.

6 Likes

Leave him. That’s heartless and so ignorsnt

3 Likes

so basically he stole the car. Unless it was willed to him and a deed passed to him, he didn’t own it to sell. Leave this guy.

7 Likes

That’s,as good as,theft. Was not his car to sell

3 Likes

That’s actually theft

4 Likes

Who was in charge of her will? If she had one. How did he get the title? Something is very wrong here. I’d advise you to find another person to marry.

5 Likes

How could he sell it if nothing was in his . It’s theft . Him and and the person who bought it can be arrested

5 Likes

That’s literally THEFT since it wasn’t his car and he wasn’t her next of kin…
Leave him ASAP

3 Likes

How could he sell the car , if he wasn’t owner? Was his name on the title? What about her estate?

3 Likes

Where y’all be getting these people from? What advice do you want? This a fiancé? Someone you want to marry?
You might want to rethink that.

3 Likes

Your fiancé sucks, don’t get married

3 Likes

How did he get the pink slip, sounds like he stole the car then sold it. Get him out of your life.

3 Likes

Red flag… he’s a thief a liar and controlling. I would report him he stole your sisters car unless she left it to him he had no rights to it. Do not marry him.

5 Likes

Leave him. Make a police report and talk to the people he sold it to that he sold it illegally.

1 Like

He has no say in what happens to your family’s belongings. If this isn’t a major red flag then I don’t know what is. Leave while you can…run…

1 Like

Communication is key… how could he sale a car that was not his??? Did he ask you first??? What did he do with the money???These are red flags!!! A person will do to you what you allow

3 Likes

Get rid of him asap sounds like a little shit to me, keeps his brothers car and sells your sisters while your grieving, he has stolen from you it wasnt his to sell so its classed as theft, leave his sorry ass your feel better about it

Get the money out of the car he owes you then → dump <~ him- it’s not his car… who’s name is on the title??

It wasn’t his car to sell?

Sell his brother car. It’s only fair

5 Likes

He could have sold it for scrap you don’t need a title for that

The only way he could have sold your sisters car was if he forged a bill of sale to himself, got a new title and sold the car or even just forged a bill of sale to himself… Either way, it is fraud and theft…You need to file a police report and contact the DMV…He cannot legally sell something that doesn’t belong to him. File with the police and kick him to the curb… Let the family know what he has done as well. He is a douche…Do not even consider marrying him…So many red flags…

He did not consider your feelings of grief and sold something that was not his. Did he hand you all the cash thinking this would make you feel better?

1 Like

Sell his brother’s car and get a good settlement in the divorce don’t stay with this pos

I’d be fuming how could he discard your feelings so easily this Is your sister you were greifing does he not are about your feelings have you spoken to him about him a serious talk is needed her e

How did he sell it when he’s not related?? The policy would look at this as stealing. You need to talk with an attorney. Did he give you the money for it? If not, he stole it from you and had no right to sell.

2 Likes

l get paid over $157 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18396 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingincome258.pages.dev/

Dont get married, you are nothing to him, he does not hold you with regard.

3 Likes

Leave him quick. I had one of those guys, I stayed and it only got worse. Ruined my life for too many years.

1 Like

When someone dies their parents pay for the funeral, or if their parents are dead their spouse, or their children if their parents & spouse is dead legally. So everything your sister had goes to their parents. If your sister’s parents are dead then everything goes to her spouse. If her spouse is dead the car goes to her children. If she didn’t have parents, spouse, or children then all her belongings go to her oldest sibling. If the oldest sibling is dead, then to the next youngest sibling etc. Your fiance can’t sell the car. Call the police & go to the county attorney. Get a lawyer, talk to a accountant. Sounds like your fiance is a thief. I think you should get the money back. I also think you should break up.

3 Likes

not his place to do so he is bullying

2 Likes

Sold it where? How did he have access to paperwork to sell it? Who is he to think he can just do something like that without speaking to you first and where the money that he has no rights to???

3 Likes

I would get it back. No No no

he had NO RIGHT to do that.

Get legal help quick.

I don’t know how he could do that… when my mother passed it took me months to go to court and get the paperwork to get my mom’s car in my name and I was an executor of her estate… whatever he’s done it’s illegal.

2 Likes

l get paid over $157 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18396 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingincome287.pages.dev/

Trading is extremely profitable when using the right channel with a good manager that has good techniques, today I’m earning huge amount worth of Crypto’s direct to my wallet with the minimum investment under a reliable legitimate trading platform. Interested members can also start making money from this platform too, just connect to her on how to get started with through her link :paperclips: below :arrow_double_down::point_down:

If car wasn’t in her name, he had every right to sell it if it was in his name. HOWEVER if it was in her name he had no right in selling it and would have to pay her estate the money back from the Sale. Just because he is finance doesn’t mean he has access to her estate UNLESS she had a WILL and it says so otherwise it goes to her kids or family

1 Like