My friend is pregnant and refuses to go to the doctor: Advice?

Won’t matter. They will take this child too if she doesn’t make any effort. Now is the time to get herself together if she has any chance of keeping this child. You can’t just hide having a baby.

Sadly they will take the baby. Shes just gonna have to deal with it.no other choice. She should just fight for her children if shes so worried? But as for you i would just mind your buisness. Doesnt help her your stressing her more

1 Like

Make sure she takes the daily prenatal vitamin…omg…it’s time for her to put her Responsible big girl pants on…and prehaps also use a iud or some form of long lasting birth control…this decision of hers is a huge red flag to why she got the other kids taken away, she has to care for her children and that’s getting them proper doctors care when needed. If she really cared

Depending on the state if she has no prenatal care and ends up in the hospital to give birth CPS will get involved. In the end, it’s all her own fault if all her children are taken away. You can’t change her.

1 Like

Depending on why she doesn’t have her kids … Do you really want to be friends someone who doesn’t want or take care of their kids but yet she’s still having them? Sounds like she needs mental help

8 Likes

She doesn’t deserve another baby I wouldn’t do a thing !

2 Likes

The state will know as soon as she’s admitted to a hospital in labor. :woman_shrugging:t3: she should go to a doctor. But it’s her choice if she does or not.

1 Like

You can’t do anything. If she isn’t on drugs or abusive I suggest you tell her to move out of state and go to the doctor if she’s worried that’s that’s my mom did and she was able to keep that child and is doing great now. He’s 7 and very well taken care of sometimes people change

1 Like

Yes it’s her body, her choice.
But her current children were taken for a REASON. Cps needs to be made aware so another child isn’t potentially put in whatever situation the other children were put in. If she plans on keeping this baby, cps 100% needs to know.

5 Likes

You need to call CPS. If the kids were taken they were taken for a reason

8 Likes

You need to not worry about it.

1 Like

Just another sign of neglect by not going to doctors so……

10 Likes

Sounds like an addict to me u really can’t make someone do anything

2 Likes

When she goes into labor and if she goes to a hospital they will take it then

4 Likes

Unfriend her. Not someone I would have in my circle and/or spend time worrying about. You can lead a horse to water….

She hasn’t tried to better her situation or be a decent parent. She hasn’t tried to get her kids back. She’s pregnant and refusing health care. Seriously. What’s the value she holds in your life? Why invite that stress and weirdness into your own peace?

9 Likes

Unless they have a good reason to take the new baby she’s safe. However she really should get herself together and get her family together

3 Likes

Have her go to a clinic similar to planned parenthood. They will do an ultrasound and keep track of baby without reporting to insurance or the state

5 Likes

You don’t HAVE to have prenatal care and I hate cps so I can’t say anything about that until I knew why her other children were taken

6 Likes

I guess that all depends on her age.

Had to be something serious to lose your children, that’s not done lightly! I’m not sure this mom needs another baby at this point! If she really wants to keep this baby seems like she would want prenatal care to insure the baby is healthy as well as herself! She’s being irresponsible and selfish! I hope she’s at least taking pre natal vitamins!

7 Likes

Again w/o knowing WHY her kids were taken- only thing she can do is go to a place like planned parenthood like someone else said & if it were me & K had my kifs taken against my will esp if it was due to someone else or a rape etc she could always relocate to try & avoid having the baby taken- IF it was bcuz she has any addiction problems or harmed her other kids then I say NO shes NOT ready/able to care for this baby if not then MAYBE- I mean we dont know her or full circumstances

Mind your own business cut ties if you have to.

3 Likes

She needs to just get an abortion. That is the best option for her right now and for everyone. I know there are people who are going to come at me and I really don’t care what you have to say about abortions. Keep it to yourself it is an option for her.

6 Likes

Oh wow, someone telling a woman what to do with her body, shocked!!

3 Likes

In all honesty won’t the result be the same when she goes to give birth anyways?.. unless she plans on delivering without medical help. And if she is worries then she most likely has not sorted the reason her current children were taken away. Sorry no advise, what a sticky situation to be in.

3 Likes

Well just try to keep an eye on the child :sleepy:

Why were they taken?

Well she doesn’t have to go to the doctor but unless she plans on delivering the baby at home with no medical help they will take the baby once it’s born.

1 Like

Not going is neglect

4 Likes

Surely if she had her children taken away, and she does not want this one taken she would seek the medical advice and everything else that comes with pregnancy to support the baby with the health care her and her baby will/May need during the pregnancy. But that said, if she is scared she’ll have it taken away and she is refusing to speak to the professionals, then when she goes into labour, the baby will most likely be taken away anyway. Just explain to her that without seeking the medical health care she needs then you will not be involved, not only is she risking herself she is risking the baby too. Some pregnancies can be a breeze whereas others not so much, she can’t guarantee she won’t have a complicated free pregnancy therefore she needs that healthcare

1 Like

Most of this advice is pointless and unnecessary. It would help to know why her kids were taken away but regardless, the only thing you can and should do morally is just notify the proper people she is pregnant so the baby is ok. That’s it. You can’t make anyone do anything and idc if she confided in you because she trusted you, you should make sure that baby is ok. If she doesn’t like people being concerned about the baby instead of her secret she doesn’t need to continue the pregnancy.

4 Likes

Her keeping it secret could do more harm than good.
CPS could look at it like she didn’t care about the baby either.

2 Likes

Baby can’t be taken away while she’s still pregnant so she needs to focus on hers and babies health. Carry on with Drs appointments and midwife appointment etc you can’t neglect these.

1 Like

l Get paid over $115 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $19047 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarsBox40.pages.dev/

1 Like

If I was you keep it to yourself, Soon she starts showing everyone will know, Must be a reason why her children were taken from her in the first place, and once she has this Baby, the same will happen again, Feel quite sorry for her, in many ways, Bless her and she can proof to the people she will love & care for this one, Really it’s non of our Business is it.

4 Likes

You don’t have to seek medical care. While she is pregnant you can’t do anything except mind your business. If she has the child and you see major neglect then become involved. Again mind your business because the baby isn’t even born yet. She probably isn’t even far enough along to need immediate care anyway. She could very easily take some prenatal vitamins and have a healthy baby.

3 Likes

Tell her to start using protection

6 Likes

If she doesn’t go they will still take the baby at the hospital because of her current case and then they will tack on that she didn’t receive prenatal care. Tell her not going makes it look worse in the eyes of DCS

8 Likes

Women had babies for thousands of years without hospitals or doctors. Not a good idea but.

4 Likes

I would let her mother know since she is currently taking care of her kids. Let her know hiding the pregnancy and not seeking medical care may be looked at neglect by cps when the baby is born and the child will be taken. What ever the reason for removal of her kids the fact she hasn’t attempted to get them back is awful but maybe best to be with the mom if she is that irresponsible. If that does convince her to go then call cps,. I do believe in minding your own until it can harm or hurt others and not doing right by this unborn child could harm it.

4 Likes

Well if she does not let her mom know or go for Dr checkups they could look at it as neglect so she needs to grow up and be mature and do what do what she needs to do there has to be a reason they took her kids so she must have been doing something wrong .

2 Likes

I don’t think they can take her child just because they took the other ones away. There has to be a reason to take it. By not getting the care she needs I feel like she is just setting herself up for failure and already neglecting her baby.

2 Likes

Whether she goes to the Dr or not she still has to go to the hospital to deliver. So cps will be notified regardless. Not going to the Dr is only going to raise eyebrows even more. If you don’t go to the Dr while pregnant a social worker contacts you while at the hospital to question you as to why. Or at least where I’m at they do. I didn’t go to the Dr except for one time with my last child and it made them suspicious about drugs and what not. I had a social worker call to ask me a bunch of questions and they informed me they were going to be sending his first poop off to be tested for drugs etc. Which i thought was protocol anyway, but apparently they don’t necessarily do that with each and every baby birthed. Idk why her other kids got taken, but if she wants to have higher chances of keeping this baby then she needs to do the right things and not do anything to make them question her parenting any further. If cps gets notified during the pregnancy then it could be a chance for her to prove she’s got to provide and care for this child. I can understand her worries but either way cps will know she birthed a new baby and the way she’s handling things so far is only making her look shady. If she doesn’t want this child taken then she needs to be starting the steps to get her other children back BEFORE the new baby is born.

They cant just take the baby because the others got taken. She would have to be ruled unfit. Imo there is more to this than she is letting on. If she knew she was able to properly care for her child and had stability to do so why be worried. Not getting any prenatal care only looks neglectful on her part. If she truly doesnt want this baby taken she should do what is necessary for its safety and ensure she is completely stable by the time it arrives.

2 Likes

It’s sad situations like this, she is correct though they will take her baby once it’s born , it’s only because she had her children taken off her before. Tell her to let her mother know too :heart::heart:

Not your monkey’s, not your circus.

Maybe she should have focused on getting her other kids back instead of getting knocked up again. She could end up in legal trouble or a visit to a psych ward over this stupidity.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure she can be charged with some kind of neglect for not having prenatal care of some sort. Eventually, everyone will know she’s got another on the way whether it’s when she’s showing or after it arrives if she hides it so there’s no point in her trying to avoid the doctor. It just makes her look irresponsible and unfit.

1 Like

Learn to become a midwife so u can help her birth her baby

Try to fix the situation that caused the lost child.

I’m sure her mother will discover it eventually if she is having visitation.
Her mother can then report it to her social worker

1 Like