My friends son took something from mine: Advice?

Tell her straight up, your child has my kid’s game. Return it or none of you are welcome back at our home. Period. If not returned don’t even let them in your yard at all. I would not tolerate it.

9 Likes

Yeah. She showed you who sure was.
Just okie-doke her and say well “until my child learns not to be so gullible, it’s probably best they don’t spend time together any more or without direct adult supervision.
Get the video game and mark her off the list of people allowed in your house and people to trust. Sorry that happened. Considering she’s so defensive, it’s probably not the first time she’s been told something about her child, she’s just still in denial about it.

2 Likes

I would have told her you have a nanny cam and you seen him with the game, her reaction will tell you everything you need to know.

4 Likes

Don’t let the thieve back in your house.

Imagine if she lies about that… imagine what she knows. I knew someone like that. She didn’t care about the truth. Terrible human. Please that child Is a bully to yours. She’s not your friend. Yes you have history but that doesn’t matter anything to her. Only you because you have a big heart. I’m sorry mamma but she’s not your friend.

5 Likes

End it…AMSCRAY…if she calls and wants to visit you…say no thank you…see you around

3 Likes

I wouldn’t have them back over again. My kids come first

8 Likes

My sister’s children are 10 and 13, my daughter is 7. She adores them. They both have been caught stealing money from my daughter, admittedly after questioning. I think it hurts me more than my daughter… they didnt receive punishment a week after the first was caught stealing, then the other. Seperate occasions. I don’t feel my sister is doing them any favors by not reprimanding them. They’ve both been caught stealing at a public establishment as well. Very sad to see. Being family I cant cut ties. Or I would.

2 Likes

I don’t blame you for not wanting thieves in your house :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Just to clarify, her child was the only one in the home and the game is not your home anymore…?
So her child could be the only one who has taken it from your home. The mother would no longer be my friend and her child would not be welcomed into my home. She is a thief. No matter how her son got it into his possession, she is now denying that they have it. That is stealing.
I would flat out tell her that you no longer want to be friends with her and no longer want any contact with her because she is a thief who is teaching her kid to be one as well

11 Likes

I would lose the friend.

2 Likes

Stop letting kid come over

1 Like

The mother needs to check and find the game and return it to you, if not then you need to stop the visitation

2 Likes

Thats most definitely not a friend then if she’s going to allow her kid to keep your kids things id cut all ties and your not wrong for being upset and angry at all you have every right to be

Time to cut ties, that’s toxic at you and your child’s expense.

cut that kid off & tell their mother her son is sort of a sneak.

Cut her off and tell her why. You and your son don’t need to be around that type of energy! It’s their loss not yours!!

1 Like

You are right, If she is like this now over a game. It mY end up a stolen car later on. Tell her Sorry with deepest sorry but you must protect your child first. you’re are Never wrong doing what is right. God Bless

I had one of those, cut them both off

1 Like

Stop having your friends child over.

1 Like

And… stop being friends with someone who has no concern for you or your child.

1 Like

Don’t invite them back to your house again.

Drop them!, Trust had gone, the end.

This woman is not a true friend.