My husband does drugs and I am not sure what to do anymore: Advice?

How do I help my husband stop doing drugs? If he’s not willing to stop for his family. It’s even worth staying with him. Every since his been doing drums, he has disrespected me calling me names. On weekends he is gone all day and night till the next day! He always wants to go spend time with his friends or help them or do things for them but never does things for his own family. I don’t know how much I can take. I don’t know if I have the courage to leave him and take my kids after being together for ten years. Do I need advice?

12 Likes

Ok here is the deal you can’t make or help someone stop. They have to realize they have a problem and it is up to them if they want the help or not. Your husband has to want to stop and change for himself. If he is not willing to realize he has a problem and that it is affecting his family then I say yeah you need to leave. You need to think about what is best for the kids. Kids shouldn’t be around someone that is using and does not want the help. So what is your favorite holiday? This page is for my favorite holidays…

2 Likes

You need to leave. Your kids need to know that drugs are NOT acceptable and that him calling you names is not acceptable

You already know the answer to this. I was with someone heavy into meth YEARS ago. The best thing I ever did was get away from him and not let him in my sons life. Later on I found my husband. You can find your happiness too. It just takes courage❤️

2 Likes

People will only get help when they want to. No amount of reasoning will make them stop. My children’s father is an alcoholic and I got to the point where I couldn’t take any more. No amount of telling him “think of your children” would help. When he’s ready, he’ll get help. Take your kids and go. It’s not easy but it’s better than having your children in a toxic environment.

2 Likes

You are silly to think he will change and is that the life you won’t for your kids leave him now

I gave mine a choice drugs or me and his daughter. He’s still very angry about it, but he’s the one who chose drugs…I however found my wonderful husband and now have a wonderful son too

3 Likes

Take your kids out of that environment or risk them following in the footsteps of their father or worse…he will abuse them
He has to have consequences for his behavior
You are the mother! Do this for your peace of mine and your kids future; even if you move to another area

1 Like

A relationship is suppose to make you happy, secure, loved, up lifting, supported and much more. Do you feel those things?

1 Like

If not for yourself. … don’t let your kids grow up in that kinda environment!

So my boyfriend who I’ve been with for 10 years in January has smoked pot the whole time were together…I don’t smoke anymore but I use to… When we first got together he was blowing Coke and I told him it’s either me and our daughter or the coke… he chose us and stopped… if it’s anything more serious then pot I would 100% talk to him… Tell him that he needs to stop or else you’re taking the kids and leaving… Sometimes telling him and actually talking to him about it and your feelings might make him change

2 Likes

as hard as it may be you need to leave him, and explain to him it’s either drugs and your friends or us, don’t let him have his cake and eat it too or this new lifestyle he’s adapted to will never change, you want it to change you have to change it, either he will man up, get his shit together and come home or you will have to be strong and move on, you will feel at peace when the fear and worries he puts on your kids and you will go away.

Formulate an exit plan. Determine a safe place to go. Go to AA support meetings. Put your kids first.

LEAVE HIM AND DO NOT LOOK BACK. He is not doing what he needs to for his family. One day he might even hurt one of you or worse. It’s not worth staying with him. Until he can get clean and get his act together, and truly show that he can be better, leave him.

Leave. He will only stop if he wants to stop. I’m an ex drug addict and I only stopped when I wanted to and my husband was the same way. He stopped when I got pregnant and we haven’t done it since. It’s not worth the heartache I promise. I would just leave. You can try to talk to him but you can’t make him stop. He will only stop if he wants to.

1 Like

Why in the HELL would you subject children to this environment ?? Have him arrested & get out while he’s in jail

2 Likes

As bad as it’s gonna hurt, u have to leave. If u don’t he WILL NOT stop. As long as u are there and putting up with all this, u are being an enabler. He needs help. Physician help. Nothing u can say or do will change what hes doing. I say give him an ultimatum, stating that u want return until he gets help… With the exception that if he is in rehab and doing well, u will still support him. Like morally, and letting his kids communicate… But if not…? If he refuses…? Leave. It’s the only way YOU and ur children will be safe and happy. I’m sorry that u are in a bad situation, but it seems that u are gonna have to take control if u want it to change?
God Bless :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Drugs are common destruction of the family structure however each addiction is different. What type of drugs are you referring to? Dependent upon the drug for some intervention work, for some counseling, others hitting rock bottom and sadly some nothing. Most people are self medicating there usually is a reason. No one here can definitively give you instructions on your life and situation, only advice and suggestions. Research the type of addiction, if you love him past all the bs go to counseling or try intervention. Walk away if you have to. My best advice is do what is best for you and only you know that answer. If you chose to walk away most people will tell you he will get clean if he loves you and the children… in theory they maybe correct however there are deeper elements to addiction. May God bless and guide you on your journey

1 Like

I was with my wife 36 years married 26 things happen to where you have got to make a move for you and your kids. If he does not care enough about you and your family to give you his time and love it’s time for you and your kids to go, yes it will hurt it always does but it may just open his eyes and maybe you will get back together. Good luck sweetheart and God bless you and your family.

1 Like

The more u dwell on it the harder it gets .its just best to go somewhere else n figure it out cayse while ur there y wont he wont let you :disappointed: think of ur kids :gift_heart:

Been there done that. Get out. The children see him disrespect you. This is what they will think is acceptable. Your sons will think this is how you treat women. Daughters will think this is how they should be treated. Things will only get worse. If he is just smoking weed, it’s not good, he probably will never quit, but there are a lot of people who smoke weed and are way better than a lot of alcoholics. But if he is doing anything else, I’m sorry to say, most who do, don’t stop untill they hits rock bottom. And many don’t even stop then. And they straight up ruin people’s lives on the way down.
You need to step up and send him packing. I raised 4 on my own. It was not as hard as most think it is. We did chores together, so when I was not at work we could play together. My kids are grown. And are wonderful adults.

Some people have to loose everything to stop doing drugs! It’s not fair to you and your family but maybe you take it all away it could be his reason to stop! On the other hand it could push him over the edge! We do not know all of the situation to help you I suggest you getting counseling so you can decide what is best for you and your family! My heart is with you if you need someone to talk to you can pm me I have been where he is and now I am 4&1/2 yrs clean and sober it can be done but it is a hard road to recovery :pensive: good luck my thoughts are with you and your family

If your asking strangers for advice that right there is yoir answer. No questions asked you shouldn’t be putting up that. You and the kids should he number 1

1 Like

I see boundaries in your future. You cannot change his behavior, only your own. Determine what you will and will NOT put up with and set that boundary. Enforce it. Big hugs.

1 Like

What are you waiting for exactly? The state to take your children for being subjected to substance abuse? Take your children and petition for custody. May be an eye opener for him but don’t go back just because he says he’s done with drugs.

Put your kids first. They won’t ever quit until they decide to quit you can’t make them family can’t make him the kids can’t make them nothing can make them they have to do it on their own and from past experience they never do or it takes years and by that time your life is ruined your kid’s life is ruined and your family is destroyed anyway so do yourself a favor if you’ve tried your best and it’s gotten to this point then you’ve done all that you can do if he refuses to go to rehab then it’s time for you to move on don’t let your kids life get destroyed they come first your sanity and your children should be your top priority if you’ve done all that you can do to encourage someone you stood by him this far you’ve done your part if he refuses to go remember your children are defenseless their future is in your hands not his

3 Likes

Do not leave a forwarding adress when you load up the kids next time he goes out

I have lived in the same situation…it’s simple… LEAVE! Under no circumstances can you help or make someone stop doing drugs. THEY HAVE TO WANT TO CHANGE AND BE SOBER!! If you stay you will end up in heartbreak, and your self esteem and confidence will be at a zero. Best thing you can do for yourself AND HIM, is leave and if he really loves you and you show him that you will NOT EXCEPT his behavior he will either change, or he won’t. And if not, then he doesn’t care.

Well he is abusing you by name calling. It can and it might get worst. If it does do you want your kids to see that?

I would leave and fill for child support only he can stop the drugs maybe when he hits rock bottom maybe he will change

Sounds like staying is causing you more trouble than leaving would

You need to leave and get sone good trustworthy counseling. Nobody in your house will benefit from you staying there.

Only he can stop doing drugs, leave him.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, you can not help somebody that does not want the help.

1 Like

Evidently some of u have never been in that situation, you can’t always just throw away love🤷‍♀️, it’s an illness

1 Like

Why is this even a question?!

1 Like

Just leave, he’ll bring you down the drain with him!

1 Like

Don’t walk away, run.

1 Like

Can’t help the ones that won’t help themselves

Is this a damn joke?

Get your kids and get out now

1 Like

Intervention with some of the people he respects most.

Is his FAVORITE HOLIDAY Halloween ? Maybe he’s trying to be a zombie ? I mean, this is a holiday page isn’t it ? And before anyone gets butthurt this is meant as sarcasm because this page is not what it claims to be… it directs you to momsuncut.com

1 Like

This page is My Favorite Holiday!!! Interesting

3 Likes

He has to want to stop

This page confuses me

Leave him. Lifes to short to be unhappy

Do what your heart tells you

Leave if you are smart

What does this have to do with holidays? Go call s counselor, we all have are own problems, or go to a different Facebook page

1 Like

You can’t make him get help and if he’s not willing to get help there’s nothing you can do and it’ll be like beating your head against the wall walk away

Leave his stupid ass he doesn’t know what a good thing is

Leave. If he has no respect for you, the kids will pick up on that. He probably doesn’t respect them either.
He’s not helping with children and is a bad influence for them. You’re already a single Mom. Listen to Sarah.

I wasted 20 years of my life on a husband like yours. GET OUT NOW!!
You cannot win against drugs.

you need to kick him to the curb, he won’t quit until he is ready , don’t waste your time. on someone who won’t appreciate you. he may never quit until it kills him , I. speking from experience so take your children and live your best life

2 Likes

When there’s kids involved there is no reason to stay, no matter how much I YOU love him. Love your kids and yourself more. You and your kids are in danger, no telling what he might do while under the influence of the drug. It’s either you and the kids safety or one of you getting hurt. Prayers going your families way, including him.

2 Likes

Exactly what do you think you’re teaching your kids, just because you’re weak the kids should never be subjected to this type of abuse, you are worth so much more and your kids deserve to you be happy so they can also be happy

1 Like

I wish I had done it when my boys were little. Earlier this year I told my husband it was either me or the drugs. I have since filed for divorce. We have been together 27 years. Don’t make the mistake I did. Take the kids and go

4 Likes

Sounds like a real prize…He doesn’t want to spend time with you end the kids… Beyond time to grow up…See ya loser…

You can love him, but you need to get the children out of that situation. The children’s needs come first. Love him and let him go.

1 Like

Seems he’s already left you and his kids. I don’t advocate divorce as we’ve become a nation of disposable marriages, but his behavior is not doing anyone any good. He needs to enter treatment. Can you leave or have him leave just temporarily. He needs to want to help himself. You need a husband who is present and the children need a father full time. This
is not fair to you or the kids. I pray all turns out for the good for all of you.
I myself am divorced. He wound leave for days and I did not know where he was or if he were dead. Not a pleasant place to be. He started beating on me and that was the final straw. I was lucky enough to not have had any children with him.

Absolutely leave I wouldn’t subject your children in that type of environment!

Sorry you are going through this. Please know that drugs are an addiction and therefore you alone can not change his habit. He needs help serious help. Please set money aside ASAP and get out. If he is willing to change he can do so without putting you and your children in harms way. An trust me it will get way worse before it can get better. So sorry best of luck.

3 Likes

I say leave I was with a drug addict for 5 years (we had 2 kids at the time) he only got worse with time, leaving for weeks, physically, mentally, emotionally abusive, stealing my money and he would be in and out of jail. It’s been 9 years I married a wonderful man he loves my kids like if they where his and I have no contact with my ex ( he still does drugs and won’t pay child support or follow court orders). Sometimes they don’t change and it’s better to leave that toxic life Im sure your kids will be happier and thank you when they get older.

2 Likes

I highly doubt he’s in charge anymore that’s not the man you fell in love with its so sad but he’s left you no choice you must protect the kids prayers for yall

Wow! This a tough call…i would tell him you are out if control get your butt to rehab OR find a new place to live! If you dont stop this now it will only get worse!! And your children dont need to see thit or live thru it!!! Thats how i would do it! Been thru an addict before…nobody wins! :unamused:

Leave you don’t want your kids to go through the heartache of seeing what the drugs are doing to their dad,

If he doesn’t want to stop for his family time to move on. He seems to start an argument by calling you names so that’s an excuse. If you are able to support you and ur kids then ur good. He needs to hit rock bottom before he sees what he’s doing.

I hate to say this, but I’ve been there and he won’t stop for anything until he is ready. He won’t stop for you or his kids. He won’t stop until he has lost everything and more. He won’t stop until he’s ready, ends up in prison, or dies. I’m sorry, I know it’s hard, but if he doesn’t want to quit there’s nothing you can do.

If I were you. I just pack up your’s and the kid’s stuff. Just get the heck out of there. You and the kid’s deserve better.

You better put you first can’t say I went through that because as soon as I found my kids dad was getting high I was out do fuck with crackheads or any kind of drug heads sorry but you got to think about you and your kids if y’all have any trust me they won’t stop into there ready and it may take years get out now before you end up on it hope you move on

A user will not quit until they are ready,noone can help them,I speak from experience,its sad but true,you need to move on for you and the kids.

I was also into drugs,with my husband. We both needed help. Our boys made us get clean. Now clean 4 years. Tell him the family is important and get help,if he won’t, you need some counseling.

Sounds like he quit being your husband a long time ago hun… sometimes you just gotta let things go… if having a family isn’t enough to make him stop then it’s best if you leave and get your kiddos out of that situation. …

1 Like

For the kids…go
.if he changes maybe reevaluate…but dont keep them in harms way

2 Likes

I’d leave. I’ve been in that situation and it never changes unless he wants to make a change.

2 Likes

Leave his ass think of your kids.

The only way he going to stop if you leave him show him you can do better and will do better for yourself and your family and he ain’t going to stop unless he want to stop only he can make that step he might say he stop but he won’t…

1 Like

You can’t make him stop. It’s his choice.

1 Like

Unfortunately, until he realizes he has a problem, there’s not much you can do but leave. That may be just the wake up call he needs. And yes, I speak from experience.

1 Like