My husband doesn't approve of my haircut...advice?

He’s right to have an opinion but it’s your hair

This reminds me of my sister. She passed away of stage 4 breast cancer at 32, and the guy she was with when she was diagnosed told her “you’re nothing but a baldheaded, titless b***h” a week after she gave birth to his child while going through chemo pregnant.

I am sharing her story to say, if hair means that much to him, what would he say if you were put into the situation of losing all your hair permanently? My sister asked to be cremated with her wig on because of how awful he made her feel about her looks.

It’s your hair. You don’t need his consent or approval

I would come back bald after that lol. He’s entitled to an opinion if you ask but you are a grown adult and don’t need permission to change your own appearance.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl: wowsers. Its your body your choice - the entitlement on that one.

Men are funny,I got my hair cut and dyed last week,my old boy said he’s not going to like my new colour, he was expecting bright colours,when I walked back in the door afterwards he said he liked it,I dyed my hair copper colour but in you case I would tell him well I like it,that’s all that matters

My husband has only ever said one thing to me about my hair - “remember that time you hated your bangs?”

Literally every other haircut/color/style, he tells me how amazing I look.

He crossed line for sure and I hope this is the only thing he’s gotten that way with. This is 2024, not 1954

I love my husband and don’t find it controlling to be like your hair is long probably need a cut. Or I don’t like you with a beard can you keep it shaved. Not that I don’t love him but I am the one that looks at him every day and he doesn’t care too much how he looks or what he does so he’s cool with making me happier by keeping it how I like it. I mean if he went and just shaved his head bald I’d be a little pissed too. Doesn’t mean like I’d leave him or go psycho but yeah I’d be like what the heck did you do and why.

He’s crossing the Line, he’s not the one having to take care of it.

lmfao fck his feelings about YOUR hair. unless he’s doing your hair paying for you to go the salon every week, he needs to stfu.

i wish mine would part his lips :rofl:

Consent? Really? Red flag

Ah I think it depends maybe he doesn’t find you attractive with short hair? I mean it happens and people like what they like.

But you shouldn’t have to get consent from anyone what you do.

If your husband doesn’t like your haircut then he shouldn’t cut his hair like that. Your hair, your choice.

I always take my husbands preference into consideration bc he is my husband and I care how he looks at me and if he makes me feel beautiful and good about myself then yea I wanna look appealing towards him but he would also never tell me not to do what I want. Some men really need the visuals and hair is a huge thing with men bc it can drastically change your appearance.

Just remind him It’s hair and it will grow back. i don’t think you need to go to him for consent on cutting your hair, maybe just give him a heads up next time that you are going to get your hair cut so he’s not too shocked about it when he sees it. should take some of the ease off at least. But it is YOUR hair, you can do what you want with your own hair just like he can do what he wants with his hair.

Last I checked you don’t need consent to do anything to your own body :rofl:

3 Likes

I cut mine and died it from blonde to brown and mine didn’t like it at all. Actually, I think now even a month later he hasn’t said he likes it lol. It’s just hair and they’ll get over it.

Not his hair. What’s his problem ?

He is crossing the line, grow up man. Hair grows back. You are not a dog that got neutered against the owners permission. It’s sounds like he’s telling a frog it can’t be a frog it has to be a tadpole because it doesn’t have his consent to do what is natural

Maybe he should be more concerned that you had such a bad day that you cut your hair all off yourself

You never need anyones permission to to anything especially when it’s self therapy :sparkles:he dosent own you.

1 Like

My husband told me not to cut my long hair. I replied, " Ok, then you are responsible for washing, drying, coloring and styling this mop because I am NOT doing it anymore. " Jaw drop, stammering, then, “Well, it IS your hair after all…” Lol

1 Like

lol it’s not up to him what you do ultimately… I would have asked his advice prior to doing it because I don’t want to look ugly to him but you don’t need his consent.

Hope he consents to a divorce lmao

4 Likes

Consent? No way! I would have asked for my husband’s opinion on what I was thinking of doing just because we always talk about stuff like that, but that’s as far as that would go, I wouldn’t be looking for permission. F that.
Also, why does he care so much? He might have a preference and that’s okay, but you’re the same you regardless of your hair style so to be so upset about consent is major red flags.

Its your hair and if you like it and it suits you leave it like that. I think some men don’t want their partners look younger or pretty

I’d be pissed if my husband made a major change without a conversation first. Beards grow back fast hair on your head takes YEARS.

19 Likes

depends if you want your husband to look at your or not. I know you should do what you want but if you want your husband to pay attention to you then why would you do something that you know he won’t like?

Your husband sounds like a tool.
Consent? Gtfo…. What are you 5?
For reference: I’m a stylist.

1 Like

Hhahaha no. Not up to him

It may be a tad misogynistic but most men prefer long hair :person_shrugging:

That is crossing a big line. You got a haircut for yourself not for him. He doesn’t like it he can suck it up buttercup. I’ve been married 27 years and not once did my husband care as long as I liked it. I’ve gone from long to pixie short. I don’t even get upset if the hairstylist cuts it shorter than I want I just shrug and say oh well it’s just hair.

first and foremost, I can’t wrap my mind around a woman having to ask her husband’s consent over her hair, her makeup, and her clothing. Don’t like it, get out. He crossed one of the lines you don’t cross, and you need to make it crystal clear to him you don’t need his consent for a GDThing. If he isn’t in agreement , it’s a red flag. I doubt it’s the first red flag as well, you just weren’t paying attention or excusing them. If I want ot shave my head bald and gain 200 pounds I don’t need anyone’s consent. Personal autonomy is a real thing. Next thing you know he will be alienating you from friends, family, and telling you you have no money and you’d be nothing without him. Might even stop you from working or opening your own checking and savings account.

He’s in luck, because it’s not his hair. He won’t stay lucky if he doesn’t get his @ss back in line though.

Consent what are we 13 if my husband ever said something like this to me I would be done. You are not “HIS” you are not property your a grown adult

1 Like

It’s your hair! You’re an adult and don’t need consult to cut your hair. That’s BS!

6 Likes

Why would you care what a man thinks of your appearance? Do it for you, no one else.

Really as long as you do them who cares. It’s not his head of hair and he’s not the one that has to take care of it, jmo.

He’s letting you know what he likes. Yes it’s your hair to do what you want. …all men have a preference…he’s letting you know his.

Ummm, you don’t need his permission to get your hair cut :face_with_raised_eyebrow::rage:

A line was crossed. Your body your choice. Tell him to suck it up or grow a mullet.

1 Like

You don’t need his consent to cut your hair. Poor choice of words on his part.

Guuurrrrllllll… sounds like you better let him know REAL QUICK that you’re a grown ass woman & do t need his consent! Tell him you’ll come back looking like Mr Clean if he don’t watch it!

Your hair, you definitely don’t need his consent! At the same time, my husband knows that I really dislike big bushy beards and I doubt he’d try grow one due to that.
Did you know he dislikes short hair? Then I guess it depends how much you care about his opinion on your hair. I feel the most important thing is that you like it. Hair grows back

Screw that. It’s your decision what you do with your hair/body not his!

Consent? Im your wife and you are not my Mother.Im married to you but you dont own me

Pfft eff his consent. It’s YOUR body. Who died and made him king shit? He needs a damn reality check before he gets to start paying alimony without his consent :laughing:

Crossing the line big time. You are not property.

You are out of here. Control freak

Tell him to piss off,it’s your hair

Since when does body autonomy come with consent. lol. I’m pretty sure no one has rights over someone else’s persons. Tell him to shut the front door

Omg…I can’t even with men anymore🤦‍♀️
Just delusional😂

Why is the husband not liking something a red flag? So if the wife don’t like football it’s a red flag and immediate divorce? Gtfoh with that shit. As long as he doesn’t treat you bad or differently him not liking something isn’t a mandatory red flag no matter how much the Karen’s want it to be

Consent? For cutting your own hair? Ewwww. You need a divorce attorney to match your hair cut. Get rid of the dead ends…

2 Likes

He doesn’t like it? Too bad. It’s your hair, your choice.

It matters what you want what you like

My husband is clear about what he likes
I chose to keep it the way he likes it because it is my choice but he does all he can to be who I need so I don’t mind keeping my hair dark and longer, not red like I really want.
It is your hair at the end of the day though

Hair grows back. Tell him tough love. It’s YOUR body.

He can kick rocks… I’m not asking a soul if I can cut my hair. He doesn’t have to like it but I am not asking permission. He is confused on "consent ".

It’s your hair just like his opinion of it is his, who cares if he doesn’t like it. You wear it how you like it and he can wear his how he likes his.

My husband has never said that & I’ve been married 16yrs.

I personally ask my husband. He prefers long hair so I keep it long. If I chopped it off without telling him he probably wouldn’t like it but it wouldn’t cause issues. Now, if he shaved his beard I’d probably move out till it grew back!!! Lol jk, kinda…

I have mixed feelings about this. Because at the end of the day it is YOUR hair. But with me, and my boyfriend of many years have always asked each other option when it comes to things like that, because we want to not only feel good about ourselves, but look good for one another and we respect each others options and what each of us finds attractive. I think it should at the very least have been a conversation between the two of you. My boyfriend always asks me should he trim his beard or let it grow out, he asks me if what he has on looks good or should he change into something better that I like. I appreciate that about him. Because he wants to look good for me. As I do for him.

Your hair, your choice! Point. Blank. Period.

My husband tells me all the time I cannot cut my hair, but it is because I tell him not to shave his long beard.

He is the AH. Do your hair however you want. If he wants to be controlling you don’t need that in your life. If he wants to have a fit, well hair grows back… He’ll survive

Be happy he cares! As long as it does not make him abusive towards you! Then you do have a problem!

Because you did it without his consent?! I’m sorry but that sounds a little controlling to me. Every time I get my hair done my husband likes it but he says my hair doesn’t change who I am. He just loves me for me! If he reacts that way about your hair I’m scared to ask what else he reacts badly too. Time to make some decisions.

Sir, you do not have a choice.

I cut all my hair off last June and my guy was just like wow, you look so pretty.

Oh wow. For one it’s your hair. Nothing wrong with change. It grows back. You don’t need permission. Sounds like he tries to control everything you do or you have to ask and get permission for and that isn’t right.You had a self care day for you not him.

Your husband is the problem. Let a man tell me I can’t cut my hair :joy::joy::joy:

You do not need your husband’s approval. Your grown and he is not your daddy. You do your hair like you want.

I just asked my husband if I could chop my hair off … again … He just laughed & said IDGAF … It’s not on My head :woman_shrugging:t2: & that’d be less hair in my buttcrack :rofl::joy::sweat_smile:

It’s one thing for him to prefer your hair long. But no ok that he tells you that you need his concent before cutting it. It’s your hair not his. And it grows back.

His consent? What else in your life do you need his permission for? This man is controlling.

My husband used to be the same way until 3yrs ago. I got breast cancer and he wanted me to do surgery and treatment his way. I looked at him and said “ this is my body and my choice” and I got a tattoo he said I didn’t say you could do that. I said I know I did it to mark beating my cancer. He no longer says those words to me now.

It’ll only ever be other woman that tell you to cut your hair short, and the more similar in level they are the short they’ll recommend, a lot of studies into this and why, at the end of the day it’s your choice but a major change should always be discussed, think singular be single …

Why do people even get married anymore? :unamused:

Excuse me is this 1624 or 2024? Your hair is a part of YOUR body and you do NOT need permission to make changes. This is a HIM problem not a YOU problem. Tell him to suck it up buttercup this is the new reality.

:flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed: I deleted what I wanted to say but that emoji is how I feel.

I would be asking if I need to call the police because he clearly wants to date a child and not an adult

boiii byeee
Red flag

He’s entitled to an opinion and that’s all. Suggesting you need his permission is bang out of order. How dare he?

It’s got nothing to do with him, I’d leave him, that is like the biggest red flag. Ew, that attitude would turn me off so hard.

It’s not his choice but he’s also allowed to have preferences . You’re just gonna be ugly to him for a few months but as long as you like it I guess :woman_shrugging:. It’s just hair after all

Lmao needing his “consent” for a hair cut is WILD. He can eat shit

Definitely crossed a line with that consent bullshit. It’s YOUR hair, not his. He can suck an egg and get over himself. Hair grows back (for most people).

My husband isn’t a fan of short hair but he’d NEVER say you can’t cut your hair short because I don’t like it! If that was the case I’d still do it. My mom and stepmom are both beauticians, my mom is the only person I let touch my hair. My dad used to bitch that I didn’t take care of my hair and wanted me to chop it short that made my mom so mad. I’ve had my hair shoulder length but nothing shorter than that. Do these guys not realize it’s not a huge deal… HAIR GROWS BACK! What a stupid thing to get so upset over!