My husband doesn't try when it comes to our crying baby: Advice?

First, I know I can be over-sensitive when it comes to my baby’s needs. But I get so…frustrated and pissed when my boyfriend gives up when our 4-month-old cries. He is into the cry it out method, and I’m not against it, but I think my baby is too young. Up until a month ago, he was a perfect baby. He only cries when hungry or sleepy. But now he is starting to cut teeth, so it’s a nightmare. He takes a lot longer to soothe, which is expected. But today I was trying to nap before I finish my final for my college class, and the baby cried THE WHOLE TIME. After about 30 mins, I got up frustrated, fed the baby, and he was still fussy. I rubbed the soothing gel on his gums, and in less than 5 minutes, he was asleep. This makes me angry with my boyfriend as he is always too into himself to try multiple solutions. He just lets him cry. But then gets mad at me when I stop school work to soothe baby EVEN THOUGH HE KNOWS I CANT STAND HEARING HIM CRY. To me, my son only cries when he needs something. Other than that’s the plays with small toys or stares at people smiling. Am I overreacting at my boyfriend “not trying hard enough”?
,s_partners

6 Likes

4 months is way too young for the cry it out method. He’s gotta try harder

5 Likes

Fourth months is too young for CIO. Your boyfriend needs to step it up.

1 Like

Nope. I’d be upset too. Express yourself girl!

1 Like

You are not overreacting. Your boyfriend is very selfish and the cio method is not ok at any age! Do your research on it.

6 Likes

Tell him to get off his lazy ass and help take care of the baby after all he helped create it.

Possibly you could give your boyfriend a book on child development maybe he just doesn’t realize

1 Like

Nope your not, time for a boyfriend-upgrade.

Have ur asked ur bf if hes ok or overwhelmed?? Females aren’t the only ones that get PPD

3 Likes

Guys get overwhelmed when it comes to baby’s. If you jump on him too hard you may end up be yourself

3 Likes

30 minutes of crying isn’t the cry it out method- that’s ignoring the child. CIO is done in short (5min,10min etc)intervals to sleep train a child- it is not a free pass to abandon the child to cry for 30 minutes straight without a moment of consolation. Boyfriend needs to step it up and you will probably also need to educate him on what is acceptable and what isn’t!

6 Likes

If the baby is left crying consistently at some point the baby will lose trust and that can cause issues as the child develops. Self soothing is one thing but out right letting a baby scream and cry without reassurance, soothing, and checking the necessary needs for the child are met… thats ignoring

Crying it out a little here and there depending on the situation is fine… when your child isn’t still super young and they aren’t in pain. Your baby needs to know his parents are there when they are in pain or discomfort.

Have you shown him the steps to take that may help?

Your not over reacting at all 20-30 minutes of baby crying is way to long that’s called ignoring your child not cio also your baby is way to young for cry it out. Not recommended till at least a year and it teaches them nothing besides when they cry their mom is not coming and they are all alone I would tell him he needs to go to a parenting class or limit distractions

He could very well be teething hun

1 Like

Sounds as useful as a chocolate fireguard