My husband doesn't want anymore kids: Advice?

What would you do if your husband didn’t want anymore kids but you do?

6 Likes

Have a real conversation about it. Listen to his reasoning and be open to opinions. It’s a relationship and not one way or no way so you both have to understand and compromise sometimes. He needs to listen to your reasoning also, but I know as a mother that I will always “want” more kids but I also know that we do not need more kids. We have 3. I cried in the room when he got the vasectomy done even though it was my decision and my youngest is 3 now and I still cry occasionally because I will always yearn for that new baby phase and miss it but we mentally do not need anymore and will just hold on to the 3 we have and make it count even though our oldest is 17 and a senior :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

7 Likes

I feel stuff like this should be talked about before even having kids…if he’s done, but you’re not one of you is going to end up resenting the other. Personally id respect his choice…try to talk it out gl

4 Likes

I cant relate to the “have the discussion before you get married” thing. My hubby and I both equally wanted like 4 or 5 kids. After having a hard first pregnancy I changed my mind to 3 being my max. After seeing me go through a rough rough time in my current pregnancy we are settling for 2 living kids. Minds CAN change. I would just see it from his side as long as hes willing to see it from your side. Come back to the topic in a few months or a year maybe and stay on the same page. Just communicate thoroughly!

6 Likes

You have to accept it. You can’t make someone have a child they don’t want.

1 Like

I got divorced after 15yrs of marriage .Our oldest passed away at 2 days old and my ex husband didn’t want anymore after that.
I did and ended up pregnant with my middle daughter becausewe never did anything to prevent it. He absolutely did not want anymore after we had her.
Once we were divorced I met someone else and 3months in got pregnant with my son(not on purpose, my bc failed)
Although, that wasn’t the only reason. We had an awful marriage…

You have a conversation you hear each other out and move on. You should try to convince someone who doesn’t want more to have more. His body his choice. That child will be less loved by him because it was forced upon him. If it’s truly something you can’t live without you need to re evaluate your relationship. If you come to the conclusion that you wanting another child out weighs you relationship, it’s time to move on.

6 Likes

You have to decide what is more important; being with your husband or more kids.

1 Like

Should have talked about that before you got married.

Who asked him anyway?! :joy:

Be fine with it. Why don’t people talk about these things prior to marriage? My husband said before we got married he wanted a football team of kids, I said with who? My point was made crystal clear. We have been married for 12 years and together 15.

5 Likes

Not have anymore kids…

1 Like

Well least he wanted kids

Not force him to have more children. If it was a woman who didn’t want more kids and a man was posting this we would all say horrible things about that man.

1 Like

Y’all had this talk… who is going back on what they said? Talk it out… be respectful… might not be the right time. Could be lots of things. Not enough info here

1 Like

This is a discussion that should have taken place before you were married. .

3 Likes

Accept it because I wouldnt break up my family over it

If you force him to have a child he can resent you and worst the child and you wouldn’t want to exeperience how that feels

4 Likes

My husband and I have 4 kids. I will always want more. We could have a dozen and I’d still want more. That’s just who I am. But i also know we have our hands full with our kids now. He’s good with the number we have and I respect that and he knows I’ll want more no matter what. So for now we’re both at an impasse.

Stuff like this should be talked about before you have kids start

If you already have kids then why worry about more.

In the same boat … but right now our youngest is 13 months so I’m giving it time ( a few years ) till I really push but I’ll bring it up here and there …

I couldn’t say anything because my hubby went to get fixed without talking to me first. I would say talk to your husband and tell him your reasons why you want another.