My husband doesn't work and doesn't do anything around the house: Advice?

Hey mamas, I recently started working again after being a SAHM for two years. ( two babies one year apart) I also have a child in elementary school. How would any of you feel if you typically don’t go to sleep until 1-2 is, get woken up to feed the baby at 4 am every night, wake up at 6 to get your oldest and yourself ready for school. I bring her to school and drive an hour to work while my husband stays home since he can’t find work right now. I’ll come home after work and clean the house because nothing has been done, cook dinner, and as soon as I walk in the door, I can’t even take my scrubs off or get a minute to unwind before every responsibility of a SAHM is on my shoulders again. I’m exhausted. I don’t know how to approach the situation; I just feel as it’s unfair that I have to work, come home clean, cook do absolutely everything, and it’s not so much a team effort anymore and more so all on my shoulders. Any advice?

It is certainty unfair that you are still doing everything plus working and he is doing nothing. I would first bring it up to him. He may be so use to the dynamics of how the house hold ran when he was working and you weren’t, he might not realize he now needs to step up more. I mean you have allowed him to get away with not helping out with the feeds and things around the house so far so he probably thinks its still acceptable. Also some guys are just clueless on things that need to be done or different views on what “cleaning” is. I would first give him the benefit of the doubt and ask him to take over these tasks now that you are working and he isn’t. If he still refuse to help out then I would probably leave him.