My husband drinks and drives: How can I report him?

U should leave this relationship. For ur own sanity.

5 Likes

Call the cops when u know he’s headed home. Do it every day if u have too. What if he wrecked and killed some one else, or his kids???

3 Likes

When you know he’s out driving, call the police and tell them you witnessed a car driving erratically and give license plate and description of car.

7 Likes

I think mayb you should go to your local station & explain the situation, that he won’t listen to you when you tell him don’t drive with kids in the car etc, mayb they will advise you on what to do

10 Likes

Anon report a drunk driver - give plate number & info… Its all you can do…

4 Likes

You can follow him and call Anonymous

1 Like

He needs HELP not legal trouble!!! Just because you call the police and he gets a dwi doesn’t mean he’s gonna stop what he’s doing. He’s sick and needs help!!!

7 Likes

This is verg simple…DONT LET HIM/HER TAKE OFF DRUNK AND IF KIDS ARE IN CAR LESS SO TAKE KEYS AWAY!!! BE NOT ONLY DRIVING DRUNK WITH KIDS N TOW BUT HE MIGHT GET N ACCIDENT HURT SM 1 ELSE OR MUCH WORSE KILL HIMSELF!! COWARDS!!!:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Soon as he cranks the car call the police and give them the tag number and what type of car and tell them he is drunk and they will do the rest. Right after they lock him up get the car back and file for divorce and immediately file for child support as well if you have kids together. You don’t have to leave your home but you can put him out.

4 Likes

Tell him he needs to get some freaking help! And if he refuses then leave the relationship.

2 Likes

Yes by all means call and report his whereabouts and what he’s driving. He could kill or cripple his children or anyone else. And it would only take once!!!

6 Likes

My brother was killed by a drunk driver so ya call the cops on him ahead of time he’s gonna kill someone who means the world to someone that’s so selfish not too

8 Likes

First of all you’re talking about your husband! You know what a DUI does to you? They’re expensive and you’re gonna have to drive him around because his license will be suspended! Pull an important fuse out of the fuse box in the car(normally under the dash right side of steering wheel) you want ignition, starter, or something. The fuse cover will tell you which is which.

4 Likes

There’s a 1800DUI number. Im sure it’s not hard to find if you look. Or call the area he’s in at that time and report to them.

Okay first of all this is a sticky situation. If you call and have him pulled over while drinking and driving you as a human have to live with that. I know I know a lot of people will say well what about the people that he kills if he gets into an accident. That’s where it gets sticky. My husband of 14 years is an alcoholic we have two kids together. He has had a dui. He would not for the life of me or my children stop drinking and driving his car. I started driving everywhere and my kids were not allowed in the car with him if he was driving. Even if he was saying he was sober (because alcoholics lie). It took him getting into a lot of trouble for him to sober up. He is clean now thank god but that was so hard for me because I tried everything I could to help the situation and I was alone as well! I had people telling me to do one thing and then others telling me something different. You have to do what’s best for your family because if you love your husband you will have to live with the consequences that he gets from getting a dui as well. I know it’s not fair and it is just shitty all around. Just don’t do something you will regret or have to deal with forever!

Wait til he leaves and call and give license plate number and where he is going , but if it’s first DUI may not get punished to much , he isn’t going to go to rehab he will just drink and drive again I would hope you don’t allow your children with him while driving drunk

Make sure you have the $$ to pay all the fines

Wow. I can’t believe that some people are saying that she’s wrong for wanting to report this. Its so crazy to think that some people actually condone this behavior! No matter what, right is right & wrong is wrong!

8 Likes

This is kind of shocking and heartbreaking to read. Have you tried any other interventions first? Call it self preservation or regard for my marriage but my first response would not be legal trouble. It will ruin his record, cost THOUSANDS of dollars, and not even solve the root of thr problem. I agree with others that alcoholism is a sickness, so much so that it is considered a disability that many Americans collect money from a month. As his wife there is a option to have him committed to rehab. 37 states have involuntary commitment. Making him a doctor appointment to get “proof” of his situation will aid in sending him to rehab. If things get sticky. You can approach a court order. Yes, it’ll be expensive. But nothing compared to a DUI and you’ll actually work at the problem. Secondly calling CPS will open a whole can of worms for those children, the step mother and the mother. CPS is a nightmare. I saw my brother go through hoops to get his children back when they were called on his fiance (not him) for alcoholism!

You know what!
Do what you have to do, if HE has to pay fines that’s on him not you!
If he goes to jail that on him not you.
I cant believe some of the things people are saying about fines and shit!
You can pay those, you can’t pay to bring someone back to life!
You can call the cops and report him a head of time, and also this may be your only option because no matter how many times you tell someone with addiction to do something or get them help they don’t do it!
They either A have to get in trouble, or B want to help themselves.
Do what you gatt do!!!

Call the cop,s on him before he kills some one

1 Like

Addicts have to want to get help first and see they have a problem first. So I say you call the minute he leaves the house drink. If he is arrested for this maybe it will soak in if not call every time he does this. When he gets in trouble for this behavior he will realize then it is a problem. I would rather have someone picked up then have death result from the one time wrecking because he is impaired. May God bless you.

1 Like

I would call the police when he leaves and tell them the route he takes to get where ever he is going. He’s either going to kill himself and your step kids or someone else’s family. I know i personally couldn’t handle knowing he could kill someone every time he leaves the house

Call the police and let them know!
I lost 2 sisters and an aunt from getting hit head on from a drunk driver. No family deserves to go through the pain of losing loved ones. Bless your heart. :purple_heart: Youre doing the right thing. No amount of money can amount to anyone’s life.

Your husband??? How can you except that you are married to an alcoholic? Do you respect your self? Either he gets help or he go packing.

1 Like

Pack your shit because when he gets pulled over he will probably end up in jail .

There actually are functional alcoholics. Def dont condone but its true. If you think he needs help you need to hide his beer!

1 Like

Why are you letting him drive with the kids in the fist place though? Why does he seem so comfortable with his ex? Why don’t YOU drive him? So many questions.

1 Like

It won’t do anything. I promise you. I had a 19 year old friend. She’s had her stomach pumped numerous times, been hospitalized for an inflamed liver from drinking and she received her first DUI at 18 after her boyfriend and friends reported her. She lost her license for a year, over $6000 in fines and classes. Maybe it’s because her parents paid it all off and didn’t get mad. Maybe it’s because she’s an alcoholic and alcoholics wont change unless they see there’s a problem. She drove drunk while her license was suspended, now she’s got it back and still drives drunk. I couldn’t stand around and watch her ruin her life and those around her, so I left… there’s nothing more I could’ve done.

2 Likes

Could you get a breathalyzer installed on the car? Does he have sober friends who would help you stage an intervention with a professional in charge? How is he able to keep a job? Do talk to his doctor to see if he could get him committed to a rehab center.

Marriage counseling might help also, to help him see

Yes call turn him in and also leave him , because he will never change, life will be easier with out the stress and worry of him killing some one on the road! My little brother was killed by a drunk driver , driving at a high speed broken my brothers back in four places! Don’t wait do it every time he drive drunk save a life!

3 Likes

When he gets in the car call the police tell them the way in which he’ll drive e.g. the path route etc and they will have someone out there that will go and pull him up I did this to my ex husband when we’d had a fight and he drove blind rotten drunk and didn’t care if he hurt himself or someone else so pls call the police

2 Likes

Wow, yes call and report him after he leaves your place or if you know where he is headed. Wow that’s so dangerous. My ex needed a 2-6 of vodka just to fuction and not have the shakes, its definitely a problem and I know I wouldn’t want someone to lose a loved one cuz he was driving while impaired.
Also if you’re still in a relationship with him, don’t bail him out, pick him up from the drunk tank, pay his fines etc. Let him suffer the consequences of his actions.
If that was my SO, he’d be gone.

1 Like

if he drives from a pub report his wearabouts and roughly what time he sets back and what route he takes. or when he sets off on a long journey do same thing. also report liscence plate and car type&colour. its not just his life he will destroy it will be whoever he eventually crashes into !

Tough decision but I do think he should be pulled over and tested for alcohol. When you call indicate how many beers he has had and driving with child(ren) or even if he is alone. My husband totaled 2 of our cars luckily no one was hurt. He left the scene and next day he was sober and he told me what happened and how he got home. Car in my name my insurance paid for repair, the other was a new Dodge Charger so insurance just paid the loan off. BUT like I said no one was hurt so he wasn’t caught. My son in law had a breathalyzer installed in his pickup by law enforcement. He had to blow into it before the pickup would start.

1 Like

Get his liscense plate number and maybe take a picture of his car and as soon as he walks out the door drunk call them let them know you are very worried about this because it keeps happening.

2 Likes

I’ve read a lot of the comments. Having been their done that. If he gets stopped by law enforcement look into what happens, he will go to jail for 24 to 48 hours. Car will be towed, Court date set. Then someone has to pay towing and impound fines. Court cost, he may or may not lose his license or have get to restricted one. It may fix the problem or he will still do it.
Intervention may or may not work.
I grew up in drinking families. Never heard of anyone in the family killing anyone or wreaking . Everyone went to work paid bills raised families.
A true alcoholic can drink more that most and need a certain amount just to function. I myself USED to drink a half of pint and a couple of pain pills just to wake up, feed kids go to work . I hate to think what my ABC was just to function . I got tickets went thur road blocks never got questioned. Think before you act .

3 Likes

Why dont you just leave him :woman_facepalming::joy:

5 Likes

Call the police and let them know they can flag his registration plate and there computers in the car can signal if its detects the plate and he will be pulled over more often. My ex was like this drunk drove all the time esp if we had a fight. He thinks he’s invincible. My cousin was killed in a drunk drive accident and it’s just something that does not sit right with me. Report report report, at least if he kills someone you know that at least you tried to stop it.

4 Likes

Report him to the police the min he gets behind the wheel. I was run down by a drunk driver when I was 6 and am 39 now. The injuries I got still affect me now. For everyone’s safety get him off the road. Hide his keys slash his wheels do anything to stop him getting behind the wheel drunk especially with kids in the car!!!

3 Likes

Call the police as soon as you know what road, he’ll be on

You need to leave him. Just calling the police is just gonna put your family in a more of financial burden while you are still with him. Dont let him take your kids anywhere under the influence due to you may get wrapped up in troubles for allowing it to happen.

2 Likes

Just remember if you report him and he gets pulled over and you choose to stay with him you will suffer also because he will go to jail and all the stuff everyone is saying will happen to you also or at least it will feel that way drinking and driving is no joke and once your caught it can get very expensive sp try talking to him and tell him what you will do if he keeps it up and good luck from someone who has been there

Go to police. Give them your license plate number and tell them.

Turn him in. My husband of 14 years has been sober for 2 years, he rolled a pick up and almost had our 10 year old daughter with him the day it happened nothing will change him but himself and he has to hit bottom before he decides to change.

1 Like

Call it in with his plate #

Yes,when he leaves home…make an anonymous report to the police saying he is drunk and driving with kids and say the road/route and his car description

1 Like

He wont die but innocent people will!!! Thank you for bring honest!

Call the police as soon as he’s driving with a description of the vehicle and the license plate number, and where you think he’s going. They’ll find him

1 Like

If the police won’t do anything when he’s driving your stepkids around, maybe CPS will.

1 Like

Explain that you will call the police the next time it happens, and remind him of all that will be if you do so. If that doesn’t work, you have to call child protective services. Both parents are putting these children’s lives in danger and it’s not ok. It isnt about him, or you. It’s about them.

1 Like

Just know once you make that call its divorce time…be prepared

4 Likes

Every Dog has his day if u snitch u might as well leave cause it will never be the same. Just stay on his butt about it just my Opinion.

1 Like

He needs rehab , he has to admit he has a problem to begin with . Also he has to get Caught in the act or they’ll just tell you we haven’t caught him so we can’t do anything about it you could report him but they won’t even try to look for him

by the way I reported someone and they did nothing about it . The person in my family has a license to drive Big 18 wheeler’s and he still drinking and driving so they have to get caught in the act or they’ll just continue to do the same thing till they kill someone

My dad was a constant drink-while-driving. Always had a cooler in the bed of his truck. Getting into an accident- he still drove. License revoked- still drove. Time in jail- drove right after. I don’t know if he still drinks, but a person who’s determined to do it will always find a way. It’s also damaged every relationship he’s ever had.
I hope your husband realizes it sooner than later

Smh, spoken by a true alcoholic!!

Do you plan on leaving him if not find another way

:pray: prayers to you and your family.

I know how u feel but u should just leave because u cant help him, he needs to help his self before he hurts u. Ive lived it, it doesnt matter how much u bitch, he doesnt see it. Im divorce now. My husband drinked like that, when he ran out of his case he would go get more. All he thought bout was drinking, so make u self happy. Leave

He needs to be forced to have a breathalyzer on his car. You can buy them and install them yourself if you wanted to. I dont know how easy they are to rip out and shit.

He doesn’t need to know anybody turned him in…He’s already on borrowed time if cops haven’t pulled him over yet.

1 Like

Hold on… Am I reading this correctly question mark you are talkin about your current husband correct? Have you ever thought of possibly being his designated driver to help eliminate the problem? Also have you suggested that he maybe gets some treatment or some sort of help with his alcoholism? I guess I’m just not sure how on Earth you turning him in and betraying the one person that you are supposed to have unconditional love and support for is going to resolve your problem. I do not condone drinking and driving obviously it is dangerous and we all know this. However if you turn him in secretly especially then not only are you being deceitful and vindictive but how is he ever going to trust you again. I hope that you don’t do this if you do choose to do so without explicitly telling him that you were planning to do so if he goes out and drinks and drive. At least if you do that he has been given a fair chance to make the right decision. If you pull a sneak attack on him they can have such detrimental effects not only legally not only from a trust standpoint but if you don’t give him the warning who’s to say that’s not the knife that he gets in an awful accident. I have rarely ever seen a case we’re bringing law enforcement into a situation helps resolve an addiction issue. I got to tell you I think some of the responses that I’m seeing shows a true lag of empathy a general understanding of addiction and not to mention I certainly wouldn’t want most of you guys to be my spouse because you all are absolute savages. I mean seriously you’re really contemplating getting your husband arrested behind his bag when he clearly has with addiction. What I think is ironic is that just as in a lot of other similar situations such as domestics etc the same people who turn their significant others into the police are the same ones bonding them out and dealing with the repercussions of the conviction. Every day will be there to bond them out pater court cost drive them to and fro until the issues are resolved and once again I certainly don’t condone domestic violence. I just think but there are a lot oh I’m sure means that you seemingly have not exhausted.That is some cold hearted stuff there.

Yes. That’s exactly what u can do. Also give them the tag number and year make model of the vehicle.

Why is everyone saying divorce if she does it? Why does he have to find out it was her. Tips are anonymous people.

When he goes out call the cops and say you saw some driver swerving and give his car description and plate number. Simple as that. 🤷
Hope your family stays safe

My fiancé is an intervention coordinator, reach out to him. Your husband needs help before he hurts himself or someone else.

7 Likes

Wellness call to 911, give them description of the car, driver & his whereabouts. If he has the kids in the car, expect him to be in a world of trouble.

You also need to be prepared for having a DUI under your roof. It changes EVERYTHING. And I mean everything. It will also cost you anywhere from 10-25k… yes 10 thousand to 25 thousand dollars for a DUI. Depending on the situation, he could face some serious jail time and possibly lose his kids or have them taken into protective custody.

You have to mentally prepare yourself for the next steps you take if you make that call for him to get “caught”.

4 Likes

NEVER LET CHILDREN IN THE CAR WITH HIM!!! Call the sheriff’s office non-emergency line and ask to have the deputy who patrols in your area to call you…Then, explain it all to responding caller.

2 Likes

Solution! when he leaves call and report a drunk driver on road. Cops will stop him and u can remain annoymous.describe car and tag number.

I feel bad for this whole situation because it is your husband and I’m pretty sure u are worried about his consequences but I also understand you wanting to do this because a lot of more innocent people are and can get involved with something they have nothing to do with. He chose to drink and chooses to continue and no one ABSOLUTELY no one should pay for his choice. Please do something about it before it’s too late… You will not only be saving the innocent lives of others but u will also be saving him. Good luck :pray:t2::blush:

3 Likes

As an ex bartender I saw a lot of drunk drivers driving home. The ones that eventually did get a d.u.i. act as if something is wrong with the law. Most of them continue to drive anyway. Even without a license or on a revoked one. If he’s taking kids in his car when he is drunk you knowing it is making this your duty to protect those kids. How will you feel if he kills someone and you know you could have prevented it. Act now. No hesitation. No mercy. Those kids need a concerned adult to help them. They are victims. Been there as a child. It can become a terrifying nightmare when the drunk driver looses control. No child should ever be in that position. I know. Please don’t allow this to continue. Even if kids arent with him there are innocent people on the roads.

1 Like

Follow him behind a bit and call 9-1-1 say there’s a reactles driver and give them his plate number

You need to step up and protect those children first of all.
You do whatever you have to. Forbid the children to drive with him, call cops while hes intoxicated, something!

4 Likes

As someone that has been hit by a drunk driver… I appreciate you and what you’re trying to do… I could have easily been dead and his wife showed up to the scene upset with me because I called the police on her husband that was drunk at 4 p.m. on a weekday… I became so angry at that lady that I was almost arrested I could have been taken away from my child because her husband had a drinking problem… It needs to be more people like you stop making excuses for your family members… because other people have family members also… Goodluck in getting him help prayers are with you

4 Likes

He needs to be turned in but you also need out when you do this or get out when he’s in jail best of luck - thanks for trying to do the right thing but you have to look out for you also

1 Like

The police won’t do anything, unless they catch him in the act. You can call and tell them (when he just leaves the house) that he left intoxicated, and pray the police catch him in enough time. This is shit I have personally delt with. You can also go down to the probation department and get a refrain from order. Something I have done. The judge made it where my husband wasn’t allowed to drink at the house, not allowed to be around me and my children while he was drinking, among other things. This is a tough thing to go through. But you are not alone.

Call the police the next time he gets behind the wheel with those kids and leave him…I was an alcoholic…I didn’t sober up til I lost everything…y’all need to quit enabling him…

1 Like

When he leaves the house call the police tell them you want your name to be removed from report but anyways bnb when he’s all juiced up and gets in the car you call the police say your husband has consumed so many beers they will pull hi. Over and do a sobriety test and when he blows he will not be able to get out of it also if they dont call everytime he’s drunk and especially if the kids are with him

Follow him and call the cops and tell them he’s swerving all over the road, mention location, whether he has kids in car or not and hopefully they’ll send someone.

Make sure you know the make model of vehicle and what route he’s going to be on where he’s headed etc. Try not to let him take the kids with him but if he does that’s more charges they will file he will get a dwi/ dui and child endangerment, call star hp (* hp) give them a) the information if you plan on staying with him be prepared for the fall out and all the financial charges he will be angry if he finds out it was you. As well you made a comment about the mom of your step kids if you think she will do the same thing call cps/ child welfare. No child should have to be put in those situations. Good luck ill pray for you.

I fell bad for you. Cause I lived it for 25 years I finally left no more name calling no more pissed pants. No more telling me I am worthless and so are my kids. He will destroy you like he is doing to himself. You can not help a drunk unless they want it. I have tried he will pull you down to his level unless you leave think of yourself and the kids. Put yourself first you deserve better I did it and so can you. I hope this helped

1 Like

Just call police the minute he leaves and then say you where on the road and this car was swaying in an out of lanes give them license and discript of car

Take your kids and leave! Karma will catch up to him soon enough and you don’t want to be involved in that mess!.. all you can really do is pray to God to protect him and that he doesn’t kill himself or somebody else!

5 Likes

I am so puzzled,why are you asking this question as a grown woman you know what you need to do,smdh

1 Like

Just call cop and give all the information.

Shouldn’t have to ask how to report him, you get his Reg number and phone police they will take action you can ask them not to tell him it was you that tipped them off . Do it ASAP before he kills innocent people

Got, kids with him, callon him when he leaves house after drinking and if no kids in car better yet…Report saw drunk driver…easy as pie.

Best advice on here i heard

Call a dispatcher at the police station and ask.

2 Likes

Just call the police when you know he gonna be drinking

1 Like

U need to get out of the situation it is never going to get better prayers

1 Like

You can call and report him tell them what vehicle and everything they will spot it and pull him over

You absolutely can, you call them when he leaves and tell them you tried to take his keys unsuccessfully and he is impaired and driving near … Street and let them do the rest. Also thank you for caring, Dec 10, 2010 my grandmother was killed by a drunk driver at 3pm . She was the most beautiful person I ever knew and loved everyone. She suffered so many horrible injuries when her car was hot from the side and pushed into incoming traffic on a major roadway where she was stuck by another vehicle doing 65mph. It also caused the woman in the other lanes that my grandmother was pushed into to lose the ability to walk after her legs were crushed from hitting my grandmother’s car at that speed, yet the drunken idiot that caused this accident walked away, of course. God bless you!!!

call it in say theres a guy on such n such road riving eratically

Time to go hun. Do you really want him home and drinking while you support him. Think about it.

Duuuuuu call the police and find out