My husband drinks and drives: How can I report him?

Has anybody been through this? How can I get him caught in the act? My husband is an alcoholic. He drinks and drives, including with my stepchildren (which his ex sees nothing wrong with, and she’d just lie for him as would his whole family). I don’t mean one or two beers, I mean 10-15. His whole family is alcoholics, and he sees absolutely nothing wrong with drinking and driving and thinks he’ll never wreck because he’s an experienced drinker whose body is used to having alcohol in it. If I just leave him, he’ll never get caught. If I just call the police and say he drinks and drives, he’ll deny it and never get caught. Does anybody know how I can have him pulled over WHILE he’s driving drunk? Like, can I call the police ahead of time, and tell them what road he’ll be on and give them a description of him and his vehicle? I’ve got to do something

114 Likes

I would honestly call the non emergency line and explain that your step children are in possible danger that their father is driving with them intoxicated.

2 Likes

you get his plates you see him getting the car you call State patrol you tell him where he’s leaving from and where he’s going. Simple

5 Likes

You will have to know when he is actually driving intoxicated and call it in

Call 911 and report a drunk driver like 5min before he leaves

2 Likes

Or just call CPS because that is outrageously not okay

7 Likes

Report him and divorce him…

5 Likes

When he leqves the house you can call the police and report his license plate and say u saw him completely inebriated getting into the car. I’ve done it a few times when customers left my work drunk. They got pulled over

8 Likes

While your on a car with him tell one of your friends or family members to call 911 , and give them the street & the license plates or when he leaves somewhere drunk simply call the police & tell them you’d like to report a drunk driver

1 Like

Call them as soon as he leaves, tell them the destination and tell them how many you witnessed him drinking

3 Likes

You married him, I’m sure he was an alcoholic then

9 Likes

You have to actually be behind him on the phone with the police reporting him. Be prepared for the fallout because you will be a witness and called to testify against him. Your marriage will most likely be over. You have a better choice, leave him, take the kids and give him the ultimatum to fix himself. He needs to make the choice for his future and you have to protect your kids now.

5 Likes

Yep ive done it before. When you know he’s over the limit an driving call the cops with his details an car rego/description and where he was going.
They will senf a squad car out to pull him over an bretho him

Report him anonymously. Wait until he leaves the house and call in and say there’s a vehicle with whatever license plate number and the driver is intoxicated, the police have no choice but to investigate. If he really is drunk then he can deny it all he wants, a breathalyzer will tell otherwise.

4 Likes

When he gets in the car and cranks it call the police and give description. They will have to pull him over

When you catch him leaving drunk all the cops on him and give him the license plate number

2 Likes

Why are you still married to him?

6 Likes

The next time he leaves the house drunk call the police give them
The plate number and description of the car and the route he is driving. Let them
Do the rest

4 Likes

Um call the cops and ask them

Are you sure that’s what you want? He will have to spend time in jail, which could impact his job. The fees for DUI range anywhere from $2,500 to $10,000. Not to mention having a breathalyzer installed from 6 months to 2 years which costs around $100 a month. I’m against drunk driving, I just think you need to be aware of the impact a DUI has on the whole family. You could skip the legal end and voluntarily get a breathalyzer installed for $100 a month, this would not allow the vehicle to start if he’s been drinking.

23 Likes

Im sorry but this post screams crazy ass childish ex to me and comes off super petty. If it was indeed the case i would be talking to an officer and not fb.

As soon as he’s pulling the car out of the driveway, call the police and give them his plate number, description of the vehicle and his destination and the route he’s likely to take. Hopefully they will have a car close by who can pull him over and breathalyze him before he reaches his destination

1 Like

One way is to go out with him or be in the car with him and you are able to text, yes text 911. You can give them your location and some one without ever directly speaking to them will help you. They will text you back and have officers come. Ive drank and drove. Ive gotten the dui, the fines the classes. I have changed after my first one. Sometimes people need a rude awakening.

2 Likes

Turn him in. Even if it ends your marriage. Can you live with a dead child or someone else on your conscience that you could have saved. All other considerations are trivial.

5 Likes

My old boss was drinking and popping pills he was driving so she followed him one day when he left called police they stopped him and he was arrested on the spot. They ended up getting divorced and he died alone in a room he was renting due to cirrhosis of the liver. He’s not just putting his life at risk he’s risking others lives. Maybe getting him arrested will be a wake up call.

2 Likes

Just call your local cop shop if dont your just bad

If he hurts someone u are at fault to

Get him the help he needs. If he denies help, leave him and then pray for him.

2 Likes

This question is so stupid. Call the police and make a report on him geeze!

5 Likes

Report his ass!! Save those children’s lives!!!

Cal the cops on him while he’s drinking and driving. Report his plate and he is at the time

2 Likes

Annonymous call to the police. Car description. License plate and where he’s going. Or say yoy we’re or and about and saw a reckless driver swerving on the road and give the license plate. They can pull him over with a call

4 Likes

Hell yes you can report him. And do it. What a selfish human.

Definitely do something all of the above is great advice. My daughter was hit by a drunk driver last weekend, very scary!!

1 Like

You do realize that him getting a DUI isn’t going to fix his problem, right? It’s going to be a financial burden on you both and he’s still going to be an alcoholic. As far as him driving with the kids while drunk goes, call CPS and report that. He needs rehab, though.

5 Likes

Of course you can. But remember you will also deal with the consequences he suffers.

And if he is an alcoholic a dui or two wont matter.

Time to do some soul searching.

4 Likes

Next time you see him leaving or getting behind the wheel call the cops and give them his plate number! They will catch him quicker then you’ll think. If he’s gonna drink and drive he’s gonna have to pay the consequences. Maybe him doing time will help him become a better person.

If you report it while he leaves, they will put out an “attempt to locate” on the vehicle… Be prepared for hefty consequences. Especially if the kids are in the vehicle - This is a felony, aggravted dui, and if convicted the MINIMUM MANDATORY sentence in Arizona is 4 months in jail. Im not advising against it by any means, just be fully aware of what comes next.

5 Likes

Ummmm. I totally get your concern but what about loyalty. Are you ready to put your family through the court, jail time, explaining to the kids why daddy is gone… I can go on and on. Ever try an intervention?? Flatten a tire? Pull out a wire. Seriously screwing up and future jobs, thousands of dollars, teaching your kids to drive. It’s kind if extreme. You need to have this back!

13 Likes

Report him when you know he’s doing it

2 Likes

If you dont want him to know it was you call in anonymous and tell them his license plate what tode he he driving and tell them you saw him as a pass byer

2 Likes

Catch him in the act! If you know he’s had that much to drink when he’s around you and gets in a vehicle and drive call the police ASAP with his license plate number and where he’s going if you know so they can find him and pull him over!

2 Likes

If you know he has the kids in the car call police anonymously and report drunk driver with kids in vehicle and location. They will have to investigate due to children being involved. Maybe that will also get their mother’s attention. More than likely he’ll be charged with child endangerment along with dui

6 Likes

You have to call and give plate when he is about to pull out of your house. Then they can pull him over

1 Like

Officer, there is a (vehicle description and plate #) swerving all over the road headed (direction) hang up.

3 Likes

Yes u can. Had to do it with my dad

Call when he leaves … Report reckless driving they’ll pull him over

1 Like

You got to be kidding me call the police to your home when he’s drinking , if you don’t some little child or grownup will die ,at least you would be saving alife.tell the police what’s happening , they might find you guilty cause you knew about it.

Wait till he is drinking and driving, follow him so you can give them his exact location and report his ass.

I’ve called and reported this same thing with the road, the vehicle, the nights and times. Nothing got done. I hope they can help you with this.

I would just leave him! No times for games! If you have kids with him take them too and divorce him!

5 Likes

I have, my ex went to prison for vehicular homicide, got away with it not being alcohol related cuz he left the scene… Call the police anonymously when u know he’ll be driving…report plate number as a vehicle driving erratically or known drunk driver… don’t say who u are, block ur number… do it when u know what road he’ll be on, say u passed a car driving erratically, scared u… bla bla bla… this shit is fuckin disgusting. He’s gonna kill someone

When he gets in the car and leaves call them withthe plate number and where he’s going. Then when tht get him and make him take the test there’s no way he’ll get a pass

3 Likes

He’s a selfish fool!!! How can you not call and protect the kids, yourself and innocent people!

5 Likes

And I say leave bc anyone that I’m with should care about kids and themselves more and shouldn’t want me to worry and put their lives in danger CONSTANTLY!! It takes one time to have an accident and it could be deadly! I’m not putting my self or my kids through that! Either quit drinking or I’m GONE!

5 Likes

Call the cops when he leaves and let them know the situation.

4 Likes

Maybe this is the kind of support she needs, and is really trying to get out of a relationship that is scaring her? I say yea, call ahead, get his butt in trouble.
My ex-husband didn’t want to change and stop drinking until AFTER I left the relationship.

Hide the keys and help him look for them…attempt to get him HELP. A DUI wont chage ANYTHING

3 Likes

Call 911 on his dumbass self.

Call them when he leaves . You already know where he’s going. Leave him after that.

1 Like

First off why not just call the police instead of posting it? That doesn’t make any sense to me. They will have the most legit answers for you. I’m not trying to be rude, but FB is filled with idiots and glorified geniuses. With that being said :joy: you can call the police and report any drunk driver, but that doesn’t mean they will always catch them. I wouldn’t imagine heavy stress would be good for a drinker to help him quit, but I do agree that he needs to be stopped. Maybe explain to the bartenders, friends, etc that they are liable for serving him and allowing him to leave their premises while getting recorded proof of him drinking there. You’ll make some drunk enemies, but also potentially save a life/lives. It’s kind of hard because to tell you what to do in this because you’ll more then likely lose him for a while or for good. You have to be ready for that or get someone else to do it for you. I’m an asshole and would put one of those breathalyzer things in his vehicle or at least ask a judge to after I testified, but that’s because I’ve been through this already and it hardened me after I made all the wrong choices. My ex was so much of a drunk towards the end I didn’t even catch the signs of pill addiction until I caught him snorting pills in the bathroom 2 months after he moved out and 2 years after the habit actually started. He’s now semi sober for a bit, but he’ll relapse once shit spirals out of control for him…it’s a repetitive cycle that they have to chose to break. They have to change themselves and face the demons that haunt them and no one can force them to do it. Mine moved in with his drug counselor (she’s real ethical and good at her job apparently :joy:) while we were still married and now that he’s miserable again (same exact man I was with just different victim) I’m starting to hear he’s going right back to the angry drunk he became with us. It’s been 5 years and my kids are still messed up from it in ways and I still have yet to start dating and got diagnosed with ptsd…who knew a marriage/man could create such inner turmoil. I only go that far because the first thing you should do for yourself is get some therapy. Therapy is awesome and can be so helpful regaining your sense of self after dealing with a drunks abuse and torment. Good luck!!!

You are obligated to protect those kids. When he leaves call the local police with Plate # and report him.
So he goes to jail. He’s kids may be hurt but in the long run he can get help and turn his life around and nobody was killed or hurt especially your STEP-CHILDREN or someone else’s babies or family.
Be more worried about NOT REPORTING HIM.

2 Likes

Yes call as soon as he leaves

This is my dad. He’s in the hospital after a drunk driver hit him on his motorcycle just blocks from our home. I’m sure that guy didn’t think he would hurt anyone either. But he did. Please find help. Don’t let this be someone else’s dad.

13 Likes

I would call the cops anoynomay.why put those kids in harm’s way

1 Like

Step in and save those children

2 Likes

The next time he leaves the house drunk, call the cops and tell them that your husband is drunk and just got behind the wheel and you couldn’t stop him. Give them the plate number and where he was headed. It’s really not that difficult to figure out how to report him

3 Likes

Call them, describe the vehicle & give them plate number, it might scare the kids but try to do it when the kids are with him, then the cops will be forced to do more

Sounds like he should be your ex husband if your only wanting to get him in trouble and not help him get help or leave since you say this is an on going problem…

3 Likes

If you know he’s driving, call 911 and report it. Include the area he’s in and the plate number.
Also, leave.
Now.

5 Likes

We have a scanner fb group in our city where they report scanner calls/ police calls and dispatch. So if you do call I would just give basic info color of car/ plate and that he’s drunk. So you can remain anonymous

2 Likes

Do as everyone said
Call the second he leaves every time and report it anonymously

1 Like

Do exactly that. Innocent lives are at risk.

1 Like

Shame on you for trying to send a loved one to jail. That won’t stop him.

11 Likes

This is a sticky situation, me personally, I would leave with the children and go to court to prove he is unfit…he can see the children once he cleans up and gets help. While calling the police sounds like a good idea u need to be aware of the reality… he will go to jail, if the children are with him CPS will get involved if they aren’t taken right there. It will b a long process to get his license back after its revoked and most importantly lawyer fees, court fees, the cost of rehab classes he will be forced to attend will cost u around 25k… if you are ready to deal with all of that call the police otherwise you need to get him help so he can get well.

Call when he leaves. Wait until he has the kids in the car with him. That’s a bigger charge. And tell the cops that he’s driving drunk with children in the car and you tried to stop him but he wouldn’t listen. Make a big thing out of him driving those kids drunk so they rush out there and stop him. Sometimes that’s what it takes. Do what you gotta do, girl. He’s wrong. You’re right. Hold him accountable when no one else will. That’s the nicest thing you could possibly do for him and his children.

4 Likes

I’m proud of what you’re doing. :heart::heart:

4 Likes

1800 grab dui. It’s anonymous

If he’s an alcoholic, go sign a writ on him and have him sent to rehab

1 Like

Do they not give breathalyzers?

Cops don’t help. All of you saying call the cops. When have they actually helped someone?

3 Likes

Cami text police off your phone.

Definitely call the cops the next time he leaves drunk and you know where he’s going.
Its not even just him or his kids. Its other peoples lives in jeopardy too.

6 Likes

Hate mongers I can’t be a part of this group anymore

2 Likes

As soon as he leaves the house, call the cops. Tell them he’s driving drunk. Every time. Bc honestly a couple DUIs won’t stop him. He’s an alcoholic

3 Likes

Leave his sorry ass and tell him if he wants to see his kids get clean!

.is the GF doesn’t see a problem with it, then she’s doing the same as he, drinking and driving.

why scared to report him …let him get arrested and then leave him. who the hell is protecting those children and other children …grow a backbone before the asshole does something terrible .

what is wrong with society …

Stalk him one night at the bar in a friends car and follow him home and report a wreckless driver.
Keep following till cops catch up

Then pull over and see what happens when they do​:joy::woman_shrugging:t2:

In all seriousness… I’m also married to an alcoholic and an addict… I know it’s rough and you feel shitty for holding them accountable. Thankfully all my times of having to be “the bad guy” kicked his ass into gear and he’s almost 2 years clean

Good luck!:muscle:t3:

There was a similar question earlier…starting to wonder if this person is just posting, for the hell of it🧐

Call it in when you know hes on that road say your behind him and hes swerving give plate. My sons dad drove drunk with my son in car crashed into a fucking house

Just get a divorce, and move on. Like I did, don’t waste your time.

2 Likes

Tell him straight to his face he IS a piece of shit. He doesnt care that he could kill someone and that makes him a poor excuse for a human. Call the cops when you know hes drinking, keep calling and keep calling until he gets locked up/license taken away or eventually kills himself or someone else by being so careless :woman_shrugging: if he doesnt care enough to change for his kids then oh well leave his sorry ass to the alcohol and take your kids somewhere they can learn how to be a decent human.

if it was Alberta just call as soon as he gets home they have 2 hrs to do a breathalyzer :tipping_hand_woman:

Been there done that! My ex key word ex! Is a drunk and so is everyone in his family. His brither has a DUI and also a cop. So they get away with everything. My last straw was he tried to run over his own mother and she lied for him. The very next day I packed my bags and left state.

I tried that. Called when he was leaving the bar and gave a description bof his truck. Basically they told me that there’s nothing that they can do since he needs to be physically caught in the act. I said so I guess he needs to kill someone 1st is that what you’re saying and the guy on the other side got extremely rude and pretty much told me to mind my own business and not tell him how to do his job. I was so mad. Besides that my husband knows every single cop in our area and is friends with them so he knows if he would ever get pulled over driving drunk they would definitely cover for him. Makes me sick!

Hide his keys. Then if he gets violent… call the cops

3 Likes

I’d file a report with CPS actually since he does it with his kids in the car.

10 Likes

If he experienced like u say whats the problem, just dont do it out of spite , just saying