My husband has been rude to me since I got pregnant: Advice?

I am confused. Currently, eight weeks along and my husband is so rude to me. He has four kids of his own, and when we met, I was 28 weeks with my youngest. He treated me like a queen when I was pregnant with my last child, but this time around, he is just awful. If I fell asleep with the latest baby, he would let me sleep and care for my older two. Now, if I dozed off, he wakes me up, usually rudely. When I tell him that I am not feeling well and need help with our 18 months old, he gets upset. Often calls me lazy or makes side comments. Before we were married, he was amazing. Then we get married, and itā€™s a whole new man. I wanted to wait to have a baby as our last one is only 18 months, but he would get so upset and fight with me every time I would go to the doc for my birth control. I just donā€™t understand. Any advice? I donā€™t want to continue going in this way, but I donā€™t want to give up on the family we have committed too. Help!I am confused. Currently, eight weeks along and my husband is so rude to me. He has four kids of his own, and when we met, I was 28 weeks with my youngest. He treated me like a queen when I was pregnant with my last child, but this time around, he is just awful. If I fell asleep with the last baby, he would let me sleep and care for my older two. Now, if I dozed off, he wakes me up, usually rudely. When I tell him that I am not feeling well and need help with our 18 months old, he gets upset. Often calls me lazy or makes side comments. Before we were married, he was amazing. Then we get married, and itā€™s a whole new man. I wanted to wait to have a baby as our last one is only 18 months, but he would get so upset and fight with me every time I would go to the doc for my birth control. I just donā€™t understand. Any advice? I donā€™t want to continue going in this way, but I donā€™t want to give up on the family we have committed too. Help!

11 Likes

Have you tried asking him and what was his response?

Try sitting down or if you can go on a date and talk to him about it

Well thatā€™s your 18 month old, not his. Sooooā€¦

2 Likes

Sounds like your both confusedā€¦ you should LITRELLY tell him straight how things have been and get your answers from him right there and then from himā€¦ i donā€™t know if its goin to be hard to hear or relievingā€¦ but either way, you have to make the right choice from thereā€¦ for you and your kids

4 Likes

If the current pregnancy wasnā€™t planned, maybe he isnā€™t happy about it. Not an excuse for his nasty behavior but maybe thatā€™s why. Definitely talk to him.

Sounds to me like heā€™s overwhelmed with now even more responsibility being heaped on. Did he want another baby? Did he not, and you did, so you went with what you decided to do? Cause, I know that isnā€™t really kool to do to someone.

2 Likes

Sounds like an asshole. Iā€™m pregnant with my third and it was unexpected. Total nightmare. The guy is an abusive asshole and we live 50 miles apart. Some days I wish Iā€™d never wake.

We dont know. You need to ask him.

1 Like

So there are 5 kids in the house? He may just need your help. He could wake you up nicer, but heā€™s probably stressed and needs help too.

1 Like

A men liked that dont sleep with me no more

3 Likes

He needs a swift kick in the ass that jerk!

3 Likes

Heā€™s sounds selfish, rude and mean!!
He wonā€™t change!!
Take care of You and Your Kids!!
Screw him!!

1 Like

So this pregnancy is baby #8? Holy crap. And he was kind with 7 children then became a jerk after marriage? :thinking:

Talk to him! Then ask him if he will go to couples counseling. If not then you go for counseling alone. Whatever is going on wonā€™t get fixed if you donā€™t talk to him first

1 Like

This behaviour sets off alarm bells, for me. It seems, Now youā€™re married and pregnant to him, he feels you canā€™t / wonā€™t leave - as though he has you permanently tethered to him, through your unborn child.
Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m the best person to give advice, but if that rings true, seek help asap.

10 Likes

Hormones? Red flags already? U can do bad all by yourselfā€¦ Good luck jus b careful n get out before it gets worse or to late :pray:t4::wink:

1 Like

What is it 2nd martiage

Maybe hes having an affair. Hes acting like a complete jerk!!!

1 Like

Iā€™m kinda gathering that youā€™re a stay at home mom. Iā€™m guessing he works, heā€™s prob just tiredā€¦ Nap when your kid is napping, or just power throughā€¦ but you definitely do have to do your part. Not saying he doesnā€™t have responsibility to help watch your children together, but sometimes love is about making yourself uncomfortable to help out someone you love. It should be mutual, you know?

1 Like

He is now feeling trapped instead of blessing. Donā€™t ever expect the sperm donor to feel the same way as before or as you do now.

1 Like

Until you mentioned he was the one who wanted another child, I would have said heā€™s probably just stressing with the whole situation, because thatā€™s a lot of kids. But considering he wanted the pregnancy, the behaviour regarding birth control and the behaviour change once youā€™re now pregnant and ā€˜locked downā€™, it sounds a lot like controlling behaviour. Iā€™d be wondering what kind of relationship he has with his other 4 kids, that would be a bit of a giveaway.

1 Like

If you cannot get contraceptives then have ligations ask your doctor about it.

I would runā€¦ and keep runningā€¦ why would you stay with someone regardless of pregnancy and marriage who treats you like crap? Love yourself enough to walk away and build a better lifeā€¦ There is no reason for the rudeness or meannessā€¦ that is not love. that is not how you treat someone you loveā€¦

2 Likes

Youre pregnant not disabled right? Could he be nicer about waking you? Probably, but it sounds like you have a tribe of kids running around the house and most people would need help with that. And if heā€™s taking are if the kids while youā€™re napping my guess is one of the 5, 6 or 7 of them did something to aggravate him, after a long or crappy day at work and he now needs help. If youā€™re not happy in this situation there are tons of options available to you. Talk to him about it and see if he can be nicer, youā€™re only 8 weeks you could have an abortion and not add another into the mix, or leave him, take your child(ren) with you and give this one up for adoption. You choose which one works best for you and your family.

Dr Sebi helped me to fix my relationship. i was heartbroken when my fiancee told me he is no longer interested in marrying me because another lady has used a black magic on him. I cried and sobbed every day, until it got so bad that I reached out to the Internet for help, that was when i read a review about the great work of Dr Sebi then contacted him for help to get my love and my life back, he helped me cast a powerful love spell and to my greatest surprise after 24 hours of doing the love spell my Fiancee came back on his knees begging me to forgive him We are now happily married and all thanks goes to Dr Sebi Wonders for helping me save my relationship you can contact Dr. Sebi through his email address:(drsebispellcas@gmail. com) or call his direct mobile number on whatasapp him +2349055567018

Not all men understand how draining early pregnancy can be, you donā€™t ā€œlookā€ pregnant yet but your body is working overtime. You stated he came into the last pregnancy quite late in the game when it was obvious that you needed help, 8 weeks itā€™s not so obvious (even then each woman is different and his ex may have had tons of energy at 8 weeks) so he may not realize how exhausted you really areā€¦talk to himā€¦communication is everything in a marriage.

1 Like

You need to put your foot down, and stand up for yourself! NO man, should feel that he is allowed to treat his wife, mate or otherwise with disrespect, like he is doing.
If he thinks so little of you, then maybe itā€™s time to reassess your partnership.

Iā€™d sit and chat with him about this. First thing that came to my thoughts was heā€™s aloud to be grumpy on days too. Not saying to call names or being rude is nice. Heā€™s under a lot of stress just with kids alone and knowing heā€™s got another to provide has probably just put his mind in a battle. Of oh shit a bigger family.
When someone forgets their manners with me my line is Iā€™m sorry you feel that way and then I carry on. Donā€™t allow him to treat you that way but donā€™t go to war either dear.

Why do ppl choose to run instead of work? A marriage is a job and sometimes there are harder days then some.
You wake up and say, Iā€™m going to either choose to love or hate.
Iā€™m not saying to put up with abuse but why not work some situations out first. This is a man with how many kids? Not saying his behavior is at ALL acceptable but Iā€™m sure she has made mistakes or even anyone in this group.
Stay prayed up and stopping running.

I saw something like this with my husband. I think some men get an anxiety related attitude thinking about the responsibility of being a father and every thing that being a father entails.If Iā€™m understanding this correctly, the baby you were carrying when yaā€™ll got together wasnā€™t his, is this right? If it wasnā€™t, that explains alot given my ā€œtheoryā€. Iā€™m certainly not making excuses for him acting like a jackass, but maybe sitting down and using the ā€œIā€ strategy might help. You know what Iā€™m talking about. When you talk to him dont use the words like ā€œyou make me feelā€¦ā€ or ā€œwhat you are doing is making me feel badā€ like that. Start and stay with the verbiage like ā€œI think me being pregnant is unsettling for youā€ or ā€œI need to understand why you are unhappy. What Have I done? Tell me so I can make it betterā€ Do you see what I mean? Men cannot handle being in the position of wrongdoing
, it puts them in a defensive position. No one wants to be attacked. If you are just totally over it, hey do whatever feels right to you. If your trying to save the relationship, you might want to try my suggestion. Good luck and congrats! Being pregnant was always a super high for me. I loved the feeling of an actual human life growing inside me.

Leave him if idont feelsafe

Heā€™s the typical abusive asshole. Leave him. Point blank he is now showing you his true colors.

If you can talk to him and see whatā€™s going on. Maybe something is bothering him and you both are too tired to say anything.? Or maybe itā€™s his work who knows? Sometimes guys hide things until they canā€™t hide it anymore. But he has no right to call you lazy that upsets me. You need to talk to him one on one

Sounds like gas lighting a total head game . Council for help ,pronto