My husband hurt my feelings at a family wedding

Your husband is a momma’s boy/asshole and your mother in law is a manipulative witch. Id have left.
“Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.”

You and your kids deserve so much better. I’m sorry that you had to go through that. Just remember that your feelings are valid and how he treated you and your kids shows how he really feels about you.

7 Likes

Cut that shit show off

My fiance would never allow me to feel such a way and he wouldn’t even consider sitting somewhere away from me at something like that. But his parents are also such amazing people his mom wouldn’t be a problem either. So sorry for you to go through this . You need to put yourself and your kids first and he should know that too.

1 Like

Sounds to me like the bride doesn’t like you and your husband cares more about what makes everyone else happy except you…pretty shitty

I’m so sorry you had such a terrible night. I would have been frustrated and hurt. I would make sure you sit down with your husband and explain to him how you felt. You deserve to have your feelings heard.

1 Like

If my husband and family treated me like this I’d be gone. Screw that. There’s a whole lotta nope right here. You have every right to be upset. And if they don’t understand why, they’re the problem. And you need to get out.

5 Likes

You are an AMAZING mother. Everything you did for your children is so admirable, I only hope if the time ever came, I would be able to be such an incredible example for my daughter.
You fed your baby when he needed it and didn’t hesitate on whether YOU were comfortable or not. I love it all. You are an inspiration. And your daughter was so lucky to have you there for her while she was sick, even though she couldn’t have known how you were feeling. That couldn’t have been easy

As for your husband, I do not know what to say… I wish you hadn’t had to have endured such a day. I do have a feeling though, you’ll do what you have to do for your beautiful babes. Just please remember, mama’s mental health and happiness is so important for them! Maybe you can talk to your husband about having a meeting with a counselor just to talk about feelings since your newest babe. And if he doesn’t give you the time of day, just remember the strength you’ve so clearly got :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Your husband and his entire family treats you like crap. Don’t allow it. You deserve better than that. Period.

9 Likes

The breastfeeding thing ya u should of known that was going to be an issue by all u have said ab them. The mil is over stepping and it sounds like the husband is a big child . He should have sat w you and not his mommy! U need to say to her the baby is mine , she did not carry the child u did. U need to stand up to her. Shes doing it bc she knows u won’t say anything. I would have left w my children. When he asked u to feed the child somewhere else I would have told him to f*** off. It’s one thing for the ppl being married to ask but it’s another for the actual father to say that. It seems like if u would have had some help from the father it would not have been so bad. He sounds like a big douche!

1 Like

You deserve so much better. That is such a lonely feeling… I have been there before. I was always the single mom with two kids & no help. It is so hard watching everybody else have a good time and be invited places or to do things & you are with your kids. With no help. I am not meaning that in a bad way but it’s hard being excluded & having to sit and watch.

3 Likes

You’re better than me I would have pushed the cake over :joy::joy:

6 Likes

Your husband is trash :wastebasket: And so is his family. You deserve to be treated so much better than this.

You sound like a wonderful person, don’t allow others to treat you like you don’t exist. You and your children should come first to your husband and yet you are treated like an afterthought. Know your worth and walk into the knowledge that you deserve better. Challenge your husband, challenge his family and burn the bridges you need to to either save your marriage or walk away. Dont be under any illusions, this man would choose his blood over you but you already know that.

4 Likes

Didn’t you see how they treated you before you got married? Don’t stay in that mess!

6 Likes

Nobody should demand that a baby be fed in a toilet.

4 Likes

This issue has been going on for a while. Why are you staying

3 Likes

GIRL leave HIM You don’t deserve that bullshit you and the babies can do so much better without him and his family find somebody that will treat you right treat you like a queen

Sorry, but your husband is a dick.
It will only get worse

I wanna kick him in the nuts for you.

You are amazing. You are strong. You shouldn’t have to do that alone. You did what you needed to do.
Him and his family sound like spoiled brats.
Move on, and find someone that knows your worth. You deserve so much better. What a POS

3 Likes

Payback is a Bi$ch have yourside of the family treat him like a Nobody see if he likes it

3 Likes

I’m pissed off FOR you… should’ve left with your kids

12 Likes

I’m sorry you went through that with your babies. Your husband and family needs to go…. The way they treat you isn’t right. Especially him, you’re his wife and the mother of his kids. He should’ve sat with you and be near you to help with the kids not by his mama and anyone else. He sounds like a mamas boy and his mom sounds bitter to me. And with how he l eft you alone with the kids, I would’ve just up and left and with no hesitations. I hope things goes smoothly for you and the babies

3 Likes

Do you have a good heavy frying pan?

6 Likes

I am so furious reading what you went through. Humans are the worst of all species no ounce of respect.

2 Likes

Leave, best you can do for you and your kids if he’s always gonna put his family before you guys.

1 Like

I’d go put some raw shrimp under my ml car seat lol
my husband would be a ex You shouldn’t tolerate that behavior at all get away from those toxic people it will only get worse from here on

7 Likes

Your husband needs to be a husband and stop being a mommas boy. Please put boundaries with that mil or she will continue making your life a living he’ll. You deserve better. Good luck

3 Likes

First off never please someone by naming YOUR child after anything other then what you want. It doesn’t matter what happened… your feelings are your priority not the monster in law you have. That is your baby not hers. I’m sorry they made you feel like that I can’t imagine starting my period on top of all that making it that much worse. I’m a breastfeeding momma of 3 they all 3 were ebf I stayed home with them so I end up introducing the bottle to late​:sweat_smile: so there would be times I had no choice to breastfeed them out in public. My husband would never tell me to go feed them somewhere else especially a bathroom. I’m so sorry honey that you were so alone and your husband wasn’t taking your side when he should of been. The family you came from is important but the family you create is everything. They are your priorities. Your husband should of told whoever said feed that baby in the bathroom to shove it. Sending hugs and strength to make the decision best for your family. :heart:

2 Likes

1st your husband is an asshole and should have been helping You and by you not his mother.
2nd I’d never be guilted into what I name or do with my child and honestly after the way you were treated I’d change my baby’s name just to piss off mil then I would cut off all contact. They clearly don’t treat you like family and life is too short to put up with a toxic husband and his family.

So many red flags. I’m sure he’s always been like this. Get out and don’t look back. You and your kids should always come first before family or friends.

3 Likes

I’m sure everything was hurtful but why in the world would you put up with it? I would have stayed home with my kids. You know you are never going to win with the mother in law. I would not have breast fed though in a public area. You made a mistake by going!!! You set yourself up to be hurt. You know your husband always sides with your mother in law. No need to be jealous of her keeping him to herself. You know he’s put her first for years. Why not think of yourself first and foremost? You married a little boy. I would get out of that situation. No good for you or your kids.

2 Likes

He will never change,his mom will never treat you like a daughter
Think about a future without them and act on it in due time

6 Likes

Nope. I would have left…without him as well. His momma could keep him. Sorry, not sorry Hun but once a man marries his wife comes before anyone else (except children). You need to think in getting out of that mess

4 Likes

I’m sorry but they sound like a bunch of a-holes…either run or tell them off, no one should be disrespected in a family like that!

2 Likes

Get a good cast iron skillet… Jk but seriously if my husband and his family ever did that to me. He would be an ex seeing he put his side of the family above your kids and you.

Ur feelings are completely valid … u poor thing… I know the humiliation and hurt u must of felt being so left out and excluded… I am so sorry u went through that… ur mother in law is a toxic bitch and ur husband is a ball less twat… I hope one day u will be able to move on… and try not to ever let urself be put in that kind of situation, where ur left like that again… I know u didn’t expect it to go that way… but the way u were treated was despicable and unforgivable… big hugs xx

Just going to say it ……toxic is toxic!. Your “husband “ is a mummy’s boy who seems to still need and crave his mummy ! . His whole family seem very attention seeking and have made it clear they don’t don’t regard you as family either . Where ever you are I hope your okay and you rock ! Xx

3 Likes

They all might need a good kick in the head honestly. Not sure what else would fix this.
I’m exhausted reading what you dealt with.

1 Like

We all can tell this isnt the first time your husband and his family acted like this to you. Either leave or you like it. 🤷

5 Likes

Do you want your son treating his future spouse like that or your daughter being treated like that? All of that is toxic and need to be cut out immediately before they think it’s normal.

1 Like

I don’t have any advice but I just want to give you a hug :sob:

2 Likes

Red flags tell your mother in law & hubby dearest next time your getting a sitter so you can injoy & if he doesn’t step up alimony and child support and Mommy will be doing his laundry I would get real Snoopy I feel very suspicious that maybe he is a cheating husband as well and Mommy covers for him no way Jose I’m 65 years old and I wouldn’t put up with it what would never ever and a day you deserve better and I’m sorry I’d be busy the kids will be fed and ready for bed and he would get it a bologna sandwich

Honey, I mean this with all the kindness I can muster, but everything you just said describes you as a doormat! Is that how you would want your children to think being treated by their “spouse” and “family” is supposed to go???

People treat you how you allow them to treat you. Remember that and best of luck.

12 Likes

Yeah I get the feeling that the grandmother thinks that your baby is her baby now and his side of the family doesn’t sound like they even want you are your children there at the wedding and you have a lot more patience than what I would have had it cuz if that would have happened to me me and my kids would have been out of that wedding.

5 Likes

Nope. I would have gathered my kids and left. Wouldnt even have said goodbye. He wants to be at his mothers knee…let him .

6 Likes

holy fuck i would have made a scene at that wedding of telling that prick you are done with that bullshit and told that woman to never grab your baby again, leave that prick

Your husband and you need to read the book "boundaries “by Dr Henry Cloud.”

the fact that your husband didn’t advocate for you or even want to be with you during this is so upsetting. I am so sorry you experienced this

1 Like

I would straight up tell your husband that how he acted there wasn’t acceptable. And if that’s how he’s going to continue to act when you go places firstly you won’t be attending and you may need to rethink this relationship cause he obviously isn’t interested in his family.

6 Likes

Your husband sounds like a dick. Sorry but if someone told my husband to tell me to go to the bathroom to feed our baby he’d tell them to fuck off. He would never leave me alone anywhere and would never make me feel left out and if his family treated me or our children like that he wouldn’t go around them. I’m mad for you.

Sorry but your husband and in-laws have no respect for you whatsoever :rage: I know the feeling, it’s going to get old very quickly and you will feel better off without them

5 Likes

Stand up for yourself now. If you hide your feelings today you will always be hiding them. Don’t let them run over you

4 Likes

Your husband was inconsiderate and uncaring about your feelings. Your MIL sounds like a selfish b. Talk to your husband about how you were made to feel. Set some limits and boundaries so that this doesn’t happen again.

9 Likes

Omg don’t go out with them again. I’ve experienced similar and I have distanced my Lil family from this.

1 Like

Yes you should be in the pictures. Call your child by his middle name. Don’t know why husband stayed with mom, but you should have been there too Talk to hin not to complain but share your concerns about his mom and feeling left out at the wedding. And next time it’s you too together. But he did remember to play your song. I’m assuming your husband took the role of her male companion since father in law was not mentioned. It would have been easier if it had been discussed first. Been there for other reasons. Yes it sucks. But for me everything is worse when I have my period

1 Like

If you can change the baby’s name to the original name you and you’re husband picked. Also kick him out, sounds like he doesn’t give a crap about you nor the kids. He knows he can get away with anything with you cause you’re allowing it to happen. Stand up to him and know you’re worth.

4 Likes

Easy for me to say because it’s not me …but fuck the husband fuck the family …I’d taken my kids and left and gone to have a nice time elsewhere or home comfortably taking care of my babies

I would beat my husband

5 Likes

It’s sounds like your mil is a narcissist person run and your husband should of been beside u and children wht a dick he needs to grow up. I would set boundaries if I was in your shoes I would run i

Im really sorry that all happened. Especially with the breastfeeding. I would have left. I can understand if you didn’t wanna make waves about like everything else, but I would have been LIVID and caused a giant ass scene if my MIL took my baby and wouldn’t give him back and then kept hounding me for who I let hold him. They’re going to keep treating you this way if you don’t stand up for yourself. It also seems you named your child something you didn’t like because you didn’t stand up to them THEN. And honestly, your husband sounds like he’s still attached to his mother’s breasts. Set boundaries. If people overstep, let them know and/or cut them out of your life. And my husband would be sleeping on the couch for awhile. But again, you have to stand up for yourself or it will never change. If you want people to treat you the way you want, don’t accept anything less. :heart:

Umm is this real? Wowza girl. Stand up for yourself…geeze

The husband and his family seem stuck up and should all be ashamed of their actions. Go find that DJ !!!

21 Likes

Advice about what? It just sounds like you had a bad night. We’ve all been there.

2 Likes

Oh hell I would of left the wedding once my kids or myself weren’t included in the pictures. You stated he’s your husband not just a new boyfriend so why weren’t you included in any of the pictures? Why weren’t your kids? I would of been done with that wedding

19 Likes

That’s so sad I really don’t know how I would feel if my in-laws treated me that way especially my own husband, I guess it is true when they say marriage doesn’t always mean a happy ending…. I honestly don’t know what to say like just telling you to leave him isn’t okay but then again the way you were treated is especially not okay…. Put yourself in your child’s position if they were grown up and being treated like this by their spouse and in laws what would you suggest to your child? Everyone takes a different type of hurt some can withstand pain and some that can not and only you know how much pain you can take.

2 Likes

Also from what I read sounds like mother in law doesn’t have a good relationship with her husband or she’s divorced

these are narcissistic mothers who make their sons into ‘son-husbands’. Usually a narcissistic mother is divorced from her own actual husband and replaces him with her son. It is a very unhealthy, destructive relationship, most especially for the son who can not form a healthy bond and a functional relationship with another women

12 Likes

Your husband does not cherish you or value you. You’re just a vessel to give him kids.
It’s really disgusting that he allowed his family to treat you so bad and also left you out.
You need to get out. You don’t deserve to live a life that’s so sad.
I also don’t think it’s healthy for your kids to see you being treated like shit by his family and him.
What a piece of shit of a man.

I have no advice, but I am so sorry that happened to you. such an awful night and have your girl time too on top of everything else sux so bad I been there

4 Likes

I would of left politely after quietly as possible I am not staying where I’m not wanted sorry. Also your not telling me what to name or what to do with my child.
I’m sorry your husband didn’t stand up for you and y’all child/children.

6 Likes

Leave with the DJ? Sounds like a much better option

37 Likes

Your husband sounds like a dick and needs some morality lessons

Do you know what you should’ve opened your mouth, I don’t care if it’s a brides wedding you know where to disrupt your day screw that shit. You are being inconvenienced you’re breast-feeding number one number two you got your period on the way and your husband being a complete and total ass for not recognizing anything going on with you. His mother is an overbearing psychotic bitch you need some therapy that child is your kid not her she needs to get the hell over herself. I think the entire family needs to go take a crockpot of therapy because clearly they need some help. If I were you honey I would work on yourself and your kids and getting the hell up out of there that’s family because your family comes first that is you and your kids if your husband can’t get his shit together and stuck on his mothers arm and totally neglecting you and disrespecting you at a wedding it is not worth being in. Find somebody who treats you with respect you deserve.

If your husband wont stand up for you, he should be an EX husband

14 Likes

hug I’m sorry honey. You need a new husband and a new family :pensive:.

14 Likes

Sounds like an inconsiderate prick. For myself , the expression, nobody puts baby in a corner, applies. Not sure of your self confidence. Get proud and load Missy, or he will keep running over you. That’s if you want to safe your marriage.

If you weren’t “planned” to be in photos or to sit with the family, why did your husband even bring you to the wedding? His choices should have been to be with HIS family (you and your children) at the wedding, or for him to just go alone.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I would have left and told hubby catch his own ride home with one of his family.

Of course, I wouldn’t be married to a horse’s ass, either, to begin with. God love you honey, and good luck. I hope you love him enough for it to be worth it to you for him to treat you that way. It doesn’t matter how his family treated you … he’s a jerk for treating you the way he did, and for allowing his family to treat you the way they did. God love you.

Your husband is a disgrace along with his mother. I assume you Already knew how he would behave. if I was in your shoes I would’ve never went or my kids.
if he can’t respect you he doesn’t deserve you or his kids. Do you self a favor You don’t need to prick

All I gotta say is I am so sorry you had to deal with being ostracized. It hurts a lot. I know.
I don’t have much advice here as not much can solve this. But I do wish you the best.

1 Like

Iam sorry thats all I can say!

You had a bad & overwhelming day. Your husband should be feeling bad for you. He should’ve been there to help you with the kids & also keep you company.

6 Likes

To be honest.
You already sound like a single mother. You and your husband are suppose to be a team in every aspect. Where u lack he needs to pick up and vise versa. You have 2kids, 1 is a newborn basically. YOU DID NOT MAKE THOSE BABIES ON YOUR OWN, did you? He was there. They’re his too, and he needs to help. If he misses out on certain things well that’s too damn bad, that’s the sacrifice that must be paid as a parent. He should be more concerned for your well being and your kids and not his overbearing mother.

If it were me. If this man is not with me. Stands with me and is loyal to me and what’s ours, the same way I would with him… then he is not mine.
I deserve better like the goddess I am and so do you, like the goddess you are… Remember that.
Don’t settle for the bullshit some boy gives you. Find you a man, and throw out the trash.

I’m sorry that sounds like an awful night. :frowning:
Next time you get up there and dance and drink and laugh like no one is watching. Show your kids how to have a good time. :heart:
Also, if you want to Breast feed - as long as you’re not causing a huge scene like completely took off your dress or some shit then you do you. If you’re comfortable enough to do it then do it. Don’t let them make you go sit in another room. Tell them go eat in the changing room.

After this, I would refuse to go anywhere else with your husband that would include any wedding or social event.

You were literally left alone with the kids, while everyone was drinking :cocktail: and having fun. While being tossed aside to a room to breastfeed because the bride or someone else was feeling offended by it. The Dj in this story, was the only one that showed some compassion and humanity.
Don’t take it personally, you just need to move on from it and you can always refuse to go in the future. Due to the fact of the kids being too young and needing attention.

17 Likes

Your husband is an ass for not supporting his wife & children.

Honestly I would have left him right there n taken my kids home!!!

25 Likes

I would say tell him how u feel / felt and if he saids your overacting go find that dj never let someone down your worthy keep your keep up

6 Likes

The thing that stuck out to me the most was the cardboard tampon thing. The cardboard is not supposed to stay inside you. Just thought you should know.

If the bride ever gets pregnant you should get her a breastfeeding cover with a note about knowing how much she cares about modesty :wink:

23 Likes

That is a terrible way to treat anyone , you are family and should have been treated better what a miserable day it must have been for you .

3 Likes

What a horrible night so sorry love you deserved better then that

Sending so much love and honestly I feel like I have been in your shoes with the whole family situation. My best advice, and I mean this in the most loving sisterly way possible is to grow a backbone. Do not be everyone’s doormat anymore. Use your voice and make it heard! Sit your ass at that table and feed your baby, demand you get your baby back. Don’t do anything that doesn’t make you happy. Some people, actually a lot of people will not like it but you’ll be so much happier in the long run.

I dont even know where to begin with this. It just isn’t something I would tolerate and I’m one of those women to cause a seen. So I think you probably handled this really well. Try talking to the sorry ass piece of shit cough i mean your Husband about how you feel. If he validates your feelings and genuinely apologized then cool. Let him live. But if not then please seek some therapy. Not being an ass just saying you need somebody to hear you and take your feelings seriously. Being a mom is hard and having a unsupportive spouse and in-laws i feel would make that even harder. Take care of you momma. :heart:

Speak up for yourself

5 Likes

Hugs for you…
I feel so sad reading your story.
Maybe talk about this with your husband first…

A perfect stranger (the DJ) shouldnt be nicer than your husband :frowning:

17 Likes

You really need to Stand your ground . Don’t ever let people especially a mother in law walk all over you. Sometimes being the bad guy is what’s necessary to be the good guy. Don’t be embarrassed or ashamed. You do you and your children. Your balls gotta be bigger than your husbands anyway putting up with all that BS. Heck girl, I would have gone full blown psycho wedding trasher, took the damn car, his wallet and left his ass there to " clean up the mess" . :rofl::rofl: and laughed all the way home. A real couple stands up for one another, encourages, loves, nourishes and SHARES in childrens wellbeing in all circumstances :grinning:. Seems to me a good family counselor or other marriage counselor is in order to get this team going in the right direction or maybe a new life adventure is in order. I honestly wish you the best and truly hope nothing like that happens again.

Leave your husband. He has no respect for you.

14 Likes

Your husband is a giant tool…

11 Likes

U need to speak up for yourself and kids. Tell your mother in law to buzy off. Tried in a nice way. Then if it don’t work out get tougher. Same with your husband

5 Likes