My husband invited people over without asking me: Advice?

No he was wrong to do this without talking to you about it first

No, your needs were ignored, as well as your child’s.
Marriage is supposed to be a partnership. The sad thing is that the more abuse you put up with, the less important you become.

Cancel it or delay it. Sew him up in a sheet while he’s sleeping & beat him with a baseball bat.

Do it this time then threaten him if he ever does it again u will take ur daughter and leave for the beach

Take the wife and there kids and all go shopping or to the park

He is very wrong. Call her and explain to her exactly as you have done here. Most likely she will understand husband’s can be jerks sometimes. I bet she understands. If not, don’t worry about it.

I would be pissed more than anything. Esp if it was 1st day off in 2 weeks

I ask my wife’s permission on everything as I want to wake up tomorrow with all my parts.

1 Like

Not wrong. He should have consulted with you.

Yes. And is everyone going to wear a mask??

He is wrong. Should have talked to his wife first.

No you are not wrong it is called respect

Did you forget something? It’s his house too.

Better question is why is your child not home with your husband while you are working? Seems odd

I had a jerk that never asked. We had things delivered all the time. I had to return.

No you had a right to do what you wanted too on your day off!!!

Need to read your story before you post lot of it doesn’t make sense

No your not I would tell him no and if they came over I would tell them to go home cause I wasn’t told

Don’t be home simple or at the very most order out and pour it bowls
My husband done this to me
ONCE.

Wow you sure are looking for a way to invite a divorce. If hubby does this all the time, you may have an issue but if this is a one-off, you are the jerk here. The husband is going to help your husband with “work”. Pretty darned generous to spend a day off doing work for someone else. To make this even more bothersome, hubby thought you mite like some girl time and you get ticked? Did you bother to tell your husband your plans? I am guessing you didnt. So you both need to use your words and communicate. You need to realize life is full of moments and maybe your daughter would enjoy having someone other than grandma to play with, hubby can get his work done with his friend’s help, and you can have a little girl time - enjoy it instead of looking for a reason to he angry.

He is taking you for granted, you should go to bed get plenty off sleep and let them all get on with it. Worn out and run down you are no use to your daughter or any one else. Make a cardboard note stick it on the bedroom door, Do Not Disturb, if he does tell him to F Off.⚘😘

YOU need to sit down, with your husband, and discuss this. He should have discussed this with you before inviting anyone over.

You should be upset at your english teacher

On your day off, you and your daughter take off together. Tell hubby (if you must) you gotta run to the store.
Go get a hotel room with a pool and you and your daughter Enjoy. Leave cell phone OFF. Teach HIM honey.
Turn off location on your phone. Good Luck :+1::grin::stuck_out_tongue:

Does he expect you to feed them as well?? If so order in PIZZAS

No you’re not…very inconsiderate of him!

2 Likes

No! My husband volenteers me all the time, or gives me 5 min notice when someone is comming!!! Drives me nutz! So i feel ya😭

2 Likes

My Husband USE to do that also. We have Friends that we both adore! With their 5 Children that made 7 extra People for the Day & for Dinner & Snacks. He would plop himself in front of the TV & not move the entire time they were visiting. That left me to be the entertainment committee, instant meal & Snack maker with no warning or preparation time, A Barmaid & Drink maker, Waitress, Hostess, Listener & Child advocate Dish washer and the lone clean up committee. He no longer has the opportunity of doing that anymore. He can invite them all to HIS house now!!

3 Likes

Even if you are a stay home person, he should have asked you

1 Like

Absolutely. Your day off is yours.

2 Likes

When my children were very young, we had a week long ice storm. We had to end up leaving our home and living in a shelter, a large gymnasium, for about four days. It was hell! Christmas Eve, about 3:00 p.m. electricity was finally up and running and we could return home. When I arrived at home, I discovered every single wall, ceiling and everything in the home was black. My husband had stuffed the baseboard vents with newspapers and let them on fire and he had started fires in the bathtub, with newspapers, etc. I was “fit to be tied”. Since it was Christmas Eve day, I got to work and started scrubbing walls, ceilings, bathing kids, etc. At 5:00 p.m. a family walked in with their four kids. My husband had called them and invited them over for lasagna that night. I went through the roof. There was nothing to make lasagna, my husband was already drunk ( he was an alcoholic) and I was up to my eyeballs in stuff to do. I told them to go home, there would be no lasagna tonight. They were furious!!! But I was even angrier than they were. It is never right for a husband to do that, no matter what the circumstances. He never did it again. Probably because I divorced him not too long after that.

1 Like

Yep been there done that. I just let my husband know that he needs to ask me if I want company.

Put him in charge of food and let him know you need the time unwind .

Communication is extremely important between people.

He should be more considerate to you.

1 Like

Yes you do tell him you have other plans

Relax, go with the flow. Pick yourself up and enjoy conversation. With your girl.

He was wrong but not the end of the world if he needs to help him enjoy

I would say cancel and have a heart to heart with your husband

Call them up and tell them those plans have been changed. Maybe another day

yes he should have talked to you first!

I would be furious!! No your not wrong!

1 Like

I would call the friends and cancel without tell him.

No…I wou and d literally send them home…l would just say today’s my only day off.n.we have plans

I’d have done my nut . Daughter comes first . He should have discussed with you first .

No you’re not wrong, how rude of him.

Yes,yes,yes,Ooo,too bad for my husband!! Not considered.

Treat your company well and have the discussion when they all leave

He should have asked you first; I would be annoyed

No it would have been respectful for him to talk to you first

Oh yeah you know it girl. I would have had a fit

Absolutely!!! Very rude on his part!!!

Nope this post doesn’t even make no since!

No. Then he can do the cleaning and the cooking and the clean up. He knows better

This is why I’m single…

This is one day in the life of your family. I realize you worked for 2 weeks with no day off and hadn’t been able to spend much time with your young daughter, but I wouldn’t think of it as a total bust. I mean…you did intend to spend a good portion of it cleaning house as well as spending time with your child. These guests aren’t going to be spending the night over at your house. They were bringing their kids? Great! Your child will have playmates! She will be thrilled! Order pizza to feed the crowd. Maybe your husband and his friend can go and pick it up. After they leave, read a story with your little one, tuck her in bed, then snuggle with your husband and relax. This is not the end of the world and…who knows…maybe you might enjoy the company. This has happened at our house. We did talk about it, and I have to say, he would pitch in and help after they were done with what ever they were working on. He always tried to help with the extra guests. I also some how ended up laughing and joking with our guests, so it always seemed to work out. It is how you approach things. You put in a hard 2 weeks, you might need (without realizing it) a little socializing yourself.

1 Like

I would be furious! Tell him!

He should not have done that without asking.

He should’ve asked you. No you are not in the wrong

Just another selfish man, that has no concern for anyone but himself!:rage::rage::rage:

No …he should have talked to you first

I agree with you, Kathy Jimenez!

I would be upset also.

No…i would be extremely pissed

Let him know dont do it again next time take your kid and go

I hope he is not the insensitive thoughtless clod or
SELFISH NARCISSIST he seems to be‼️

No, you’re not wrong

His house too Has full right to it

You need to talk him …marrige is 50/50

Geez honey life doesn’t revolve around you honey

No. You are 100% correct.!

Not at All. How Rude

Yes. Shut it down. Nobody comes over.

Ohh no my husband knows better then to do something that stupid.

Suck it up buttercup, you ain’t gonna die !

My husband left and was in the far country for many months. He came home for a time, telling me it was just for the kids, that he still felt nothing for me when he told me this statement i cried . Although I still held on what,Dr Sebi told me all day every day, he left again. Two weeks ago I signed divorce papers and signed for an apartment. BUT GOD! One night I had a knock at my door. My suddenly happened! My husband came home! Last night he told me he loved me. We still have work to do but all thanks to Dr Sebi is so I am in deed greatful please email him (drsebispellcas@gmail. com) is WhatsApp is (+2349055567018)

Suck it up buttercup.

Let him entertin them.

Wrong and disrespectful

Of course let him cancel it.

Id he upset. Or let him entertain them :rofl:

I would be pissed…

Very inconsiderate of him.

No. He has a lot to learn.

He should have asked her if it suited. Time with your children is crucial. And after working all week sometimes we just don’t want company. He was thoughtless. Maybe have her come over when the job his friend was helping with was done. Then they could cook out or have delivery for a meal. It is his home too but men need to be considerate of their wife feelings and needs.

Communicate, communicate, communicate. Don’t tell US these feelings, tell your husband. If he is not receptive of those feelings or willing to communicate, then you should not be together.

Eh, whatever, let him have people over.
Take your kid and go out!
Find a park, go.

R they wearing masks. Virus is still around. This is why people are still getting it.

We have to spell it out for the Men they dont know what you are thinking or wanting to do need to talk to him ahead of time with your plans

1 Like

In normal circumstances I’d agree that while he should have run it by her first but not worth the argument! However, he was fully aware that she has been working non-stop and not able to spend as much time with the baby! He would have to be truly dense to not think for just one second that she might just want to relax and be a family for her ONE day off! I’m sure during normal day to day conversation with her husband she’s mentioned how she feels about not being with her daughter the way she’d like! If she hasn’t then they have way bigger communication problems and should see a marriage councilor to address those issues! I’m personally I’d be pissed if my husband volunteered me for hosting duty after not having a day off in a long while!

Take your daughter a go out. Have special outing with just u n her

I would be pissed too he would definitely hear it from me. We’re a partnership we always talk to each other and make sure we both want to have company. Sometimes you just don’t want people at your house 🤷 but I would take your daughter out to get ice cream kill some time and hope they’re gone by the time you get home

Your husband made these plans not you, you aren’t responsible for entertaining people he invited over on your only day off in 2 weeks. pack a nice picnic and head to the park or take your daughter to see a movie and eat junk food together, make it a nice mummy daughter day.

1 Like

Say hello when they get there, then take your daughter out with you for the day.

1 Like

hmmm, who is going to clean the house before the guests get there? HUBBBY :slight_smile:

You husband doesn’t seem to be considerate of your needs but maybe he has something great in mind. Maybe he is planning something for you, that would be the loving thing to do. If it gets too chaotic with the other children there, tell the Dads to call their wives to come get their kids and take your daughter to the park or to the movies, just you and her.

Getting into an argument over this will cause your little family to hurt. Please explain to your husband that he needs to check with you before making plans for you on your day off. As for this time try to roll with the flow you can’t fix it this time. After the company leaves you want quality time with your family not anger. Good luck

Considering the circumstances no you are not wrong to be upset. If it were normal day to day then I would say no biggie.

Stay in the moment girl, always be housework,
If he is helping your husband?
Be supported!

That was down right inconsiderate