My husband is always gone for work and I don't want to be alone

I’m sorry but it’s super odd that he’s gone that long and makes almost nothing. My dad was a trucker for several businesses and made good money and never gone that long. He also had no problems finding other trucking jobs when he needed to move back home to help my grandmother who was diagnosed with dementia. Granted this was a while ago but I have several friends who are current truckers and even a neighbor who is gone MAYBE a week and then back (when we moved to the neighborhood at the end of 2020, he told us all about it since him and his son both do it and said we may hear his truck leaving in the early mornings). None of them have money issues and the only ones that ever had issues with money were those JUST trying to get into trucking and still training. This makes no sense. If he’s gone that long working, he should be making BANK. And if you’re working two jobs to stay afloat then he should be home most of the year or not really working at all. This sounds like a very shady scenario involving him or you’re leaving out MAJOR pieces of information. :flushed::eyes::flushed:

3 Likes

Go with him. Your teens are old enough to handle stuff. Or even think about becoming a team driver. He’s trying his best to provide as much as he can. I don’t think him being gone should sway you. He’s trying!

If you are committed to making your marriage work, and are financially able, I would suggest maybe trying to spend some time on the road with him. Not for MONTHS at a time, but for whatever period of time is reasonable for you. However, if you approach this subject and he objects, or you do travel with him and things aren’t lining up, I would trust your gut instinct and do what it’s telling you to do. Theoretically, he’s away from home because he’s got so much work, but where is the money if he’s that busy? To be so busy that you are only home twice a year, but are barely able to contribute to financially supporting your family, seems a bit off to me. I won’t make any assumptions, because I don’t know your whole situation, but something is not adding up. I hope that most of these comments about infidelity and second lives are wrong, and I truly wish you the best of luck. I hope you find your happiness in any case.

3 Likes

Some say go with you’re husband on the road. That’s a great idea. But some companies will not allow the wife to go for insurance reasons. If something should happen to you. Your husband or family could sue the company.

1 Like

He go to short hall’s not over the road

Mmmm…. Maybe he needs to look into a different company! I am an OTR driver and am home every 4-7 weeks and make Amazing money! If he’s staying out that long that’s his choice! You need to have a talk with him cause that sounds real iffy to me!

7 Likes

My husband’s a truck driver and its booming at the minute he makes really good money. Granted he works round the clock but we are in the best financial state we have ever been

2 Likes

I hate to break it to you, but there’s zero reason for him to be gone that long. Unless he’s choosing to or has another family.

8 Likes

Also trucking industry has never been in more demand. So my guess is he definitely has a second life he’s funding

11 Likes

U sure he ain’t got another family :thinking:

1 Like

He definitely needs to find a different company. I have friends that drive and they make good money and they are not on the road for six months without a break.

3 Likes

Sell the house, get a CDL, and tandem drive! :blush:

3 Likes

He must have another family or something red flag

2 Likes

See if you can go with him every once in a while and talk to him and ask him why he’s gone for so long

3 Likes

Are you sure he doesn’t have a second family out there somewhere. Thats gone a little too long to be honest. Tell him to find another job where he drives short distance and is home every weekend. So many jobs out there

5 Likes

Wanted to share this for you

5 Likes

Your husband is lying to you. You need to go ahead and get a good attorney and start interviewing them right now. Usually most do free consults so I would do that to start finding a good one. I would also start combing through all his financial records- banking accounts- checking and savings, as well as any investment accounts, and any and all tax records for the last few years. Also start checking those phone records. You’ve been at home raising and taking care of and providing for HIS kids for the last several years and taking care of everything plus working 2 jobs, for what?

He’s playing you for a fool, and if you don’t wake up and get smart and get yourself prepared right now, you’re going to be blindsided and scrambling for answers and wishing you had known sooner so you could prepare yourself. Guaranteed as soon as both kids are out and gone, your entire life is going to be changing anyways. I hope you realize that after reading all these comments from those who all say there’s red flags all over this and that doesn’t sound right.

You need to also start looking into an affordable place you can afford with just 1 job, and save up enough money to make the down payment plus monthly payments or either deposit and 3 month’s rent and utilities too. I would also get myself back into school if possible and try to get something under my belt so I could find a better job that paid decent with decent benefits like health insurance and possibly save for retirement as well as left time for me to have a healthy work/life balance. Try checking out jobs like the post office. If you can manage 2 jobs now, then you can definitely handle being a mail carrier, clerk, or something like that and some positions you can make great money plus good benefits- health insurance, retirement plan, plus have time off, paid sick leave, etc. You don’t need a college education to get in either. You can even just talk to your carrier and see if they’re hiring within your local office or need help.

But you need to start planning to be single because you not only already are in every sense of the word, and I’m not a betting person, but I’d wager that a divorce is in your future anyways and you’ll soon be single anyways, because he’s just been biding his time until the kids were out of the house so he could drop the news on you. But please don’t beg him to make time for you when he’s been lying to you about so much. You’ve already wasted over a decade of your life and given up so much and for what? 2 days out of a whole year for the last 4 years? Maam, that’s not even a friend with benefits, because you neither have a friendship nor even any benefits it doesn’t sound like. Just sacrifices for him. Time to start making time for you and planning to have your life and living it, not doing everything for him while he lies and doesn’t even come home.

Even if he was and is being truthful, then if he doesn’t have enough sense to get a better job so he can have and spend time with his own family, and especially with his own kids, then I don’t think I’d want to be married to someone who would accept crumbs of pay and sacrificed so much time with his own family and especially his own children and left someone else to raise them, because there’s no healthy balance between work and home life and money. But the odds are astronomical that he’s being completely truthful and not lying.

Now I’m just curious as to what he said to you when you told him that this needed to change? Either way, time to buckle up, because it’s going to be rocky. Good luck!

7 Likes

Hes lieing to you noone is gone for 6 months

6 Likes

I seriously want an update. I hope you talk to a lawyer. I’m sorry.

7 Likes

Go to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and learn of Our Heavenly Father’s “Plan of Salvation”. Take your Husband along, and learn that “Families” can be together “forever”! As you go through the Discussions with the Missionaries, he will learn of what “his role is”, and be given the opportunity to fullfill that role. Having Jesus Christ’s “True Church” on your side, will benefit you both, “Eternally”! On the loneliness side, the Sister’s will be there to fill the void with “Love”!

5 Likes

i think you did the right thing. you deserve to be happy. you’ll be craving human contact in every sense. i would’ve left by now.

I hate to say this but the trucking industry has not been tanking, and he should be home at least once a month. I know someone who doesn’t even work over the road who can easily afford to have a stah spouse , child support, and all the extras…on their own… if you have to have 2 jobs, either you live in a mansion or he’s spending his time/money elsewhere… start looking for an attorney hunny…

6 Likes

Oh sweetie, unfortunately this doesn’t sound too great… :slightly_frowning_face: I would have done the same thing… so I’m glad you put it out there to him about how you’re feeling.

I’m getting a strong sense of a heartbreaking conversation coming yalls way very soon, so please be prepared and maybe even start thinking about a separate savings account… (if you’re currently in a joint) just for the sake of your own comfort and independence…

Also, If he is on the road working THAT long during the year, then there should be no reason at all for you to be put in such position to where you’re having to take on a 2nd job just to manage the living expenses… he definitely should be bringing in way more than what is needed and plenty more than enough to where yall shouldn’t even be close to struggling, in my opinion.

I’m sorry, but something just doesn’t sit right with me on this one… I’m very sorry you’re having to go through this…

(If I’m wrong, I do apologize in advance.)

3 Likes

Can you go on the road with him sometime.

2 Likes

Yeah he’s definitely not being honest with you. With him being a trucker especially now there’s no way you should even have to work.

1 Like

Why don’t you go on the road with him… team work makes the dream work momma

6 Likes

Person I would leave. My step dad has been a trucker since I was 13. And he’s home at least once a month. They get so much time off for so many days on the road. He’s home once a month for a week and then in July he takes 2 weeks and December he takes 2 weeks

1 Like

Um hun I dated a OTR trucker for 4 years and saw him way more than that. He was turning down jobs. He made more money than me .And I’m a teacher who is high up on the payscale. Hes lying to you. Somethings up.

5 Likes

I have been there. Get a trained protection dog your whole life will change. You will not be afraid nor lonely. My reccomendation a german sheppard. I have had mine for 9 years now and will never be without one ever.

1 Like

Is he an owner/operator? If so the cost of fuel and insurance right now alone is astronomical, and rates are starting to plummet, my husband was a o/o i went through all the same feelings as you,you need to communicate with him,if hes just breaking even its time for him to make a change there are plenty of opportunities to do straight runs that he could be home every week,and im sure he could do something local, but the biggest issue is as with most truckers its in his blood,its not just a profession its a lifestyle, it took a long time for my husband to shake off

Um something is up. My step dad drove for years and u get to go Home after every 3 wks. W every company he ever worked for that’s how it was. They r not tanking either. That’s how we get our goods. It will be the last place to tank. Start going through ur bank accounts and stuff something is up for sure. Kinda sounds like he may have a dbl life. U deserve better. It’s not like he’s military or anything but they even get leave , time to go home and visit , then report back, if they r not over seas. Most companies will allow for ur wife or whoever to go on the road w u. My mom did it .

3 Likes

Sounds like he’s got another family. Run

6 Likes

Yeah I’m married to a trucker. Was OTR for 2yrs and he hated it BUT we’d see each other every weekend. So something isn’t right. He’s a home daily now thankfully. Yeah and as they’ve said above it isn’t tanking either.

2 Likes

Go on the road or maybe have your own job with something you enjoy doing or that’s local? Having a part time job helped me a lot

Things to consider- are his paychecks reflecting the increased hours? Why are you working two jobs if he is working more? Do you enjoy having him home- is their emotional and physical intimacy?
Though questions—

1 Like

Climb your little happy butt in that truck and go along with him. Learn to drive and get certified and become a team.

You need to find out but it sounds like he might be living a double life

5 Likes

Sell everything you don’t absolutely have to have, get an RV and travel with him.

I went over the road with my hubby… passenger at first, and now I’m waiting to take my test to get my full CDL-A. It’s not for everyone, but we love adventures together. I truly enjoy being that helpmeet he needs me to be and I can honestly say our relationship has never been stronger. If you’re going to have an empty nest anyway there really is nothing holding you back… and we make $4000 a week team driving :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Tell him to look into fuel delivery. It is more dangerous but the pay is significantly more and it’s local.

3 Likes

I know it’s tough to be alone. I recommend getting involved with a church group. You can make friends there who can help you out when you’re in a bind and you can get involved in activities so you won’t be lonely. Then, when your husband is home, you won’t be so inclined to land on him about how lonely you are.

A relationship is a two way road, if it becomes one way you are guaranteed a dead end street.

2 Likes

Sorry he’s not working away that long . He’s got another home with someone else . I know it hurts but even truckers are home a lot more than that . As someone else said he’s got someone or family some where’s else . You need to leave. Start church get involved in church activities .do a little volunteering .He’d be home if he wanted too.

I’d be looking for a big dog (preferably a rescue that is already housebroken. A dog is a much better companion than an absent pretentious husband. While a dog won’t bring an income, sounds like your husband doesn’t either. Win win for you and the dog.

Change the locks, serve him
Papers and move forward. This is not a marriage. It’s just not normal.

Why don’t you go on the road with him?

Double life for sure

Maybe put him to him that the job he is doing is putting a massive strain on the relationship and the business is going down anyway. Could he look into another job that would suit both your lifestyles

Let your husband work that’s the way it goes and keep yourself busy. That’s life. Do volunteer work be with your friends church. We make our own happiness :pray:

1 Like

No, the trucking industry is not tanking. Are you actually SEEING his pay stubs with your own eyes? Cuz there’s no way you should need to work 2 jobs unless you’re living ridiculously beyond your means.
You need to re-evaluate your marriage. With the intent on quite possibly being alone. Bcuz your hubby isn’t gone working.

9 Likes

Uhm I’m sorry but my husband would quite a job and find a new one if his job was “tanking” for 4 years! No way my husband would decide to go to a job that doesn’t allow means to be met. I’d ask to see his pay stubs and “working hrs” bc that doesn’t seem right.

4 Likes

Go with him. If he says no…there’s something else going on. Check phone records. I’d be suspicious

7 Likes

I don’t see any reason to be married for only twice a year. I couldn’t do that. You’ll have to decide cause he doesn’t seem to care.

1 Like

Maybe get a dog, :woman_shrugging:

what did you do, before he started on the road. I read sew, talk to friends - a little tv, just redo a room . don’t prepare your self for loneliness fill up your day.

2 Likes

My husband also does OTR. Granted we don’t have our own children together he does have a child in florida with her mom. I go out with him and we are out 6-8 weeks at a time bc the industry is really taking a hit but only in fuel prices, freight is always available and needing to be moved. It’s easier to make money being out longer than it is being out shorter. I know it’s hard but you also have to understand he’s helping provide for your family also. If his company allows, once your girls are out of the house go on the road with him. I quit my job bc we were and are making enough money to be able to do that so I can go OTR too. It’s a lot of fun and you get to see everything. If you choose to not go get a pet it’ll make life easier without him home.

Has he had this job since before y’all were married? Or has he just gotten into the industry the last few years?

1 Like

Why don’t you find a job? That will keep you busy and give you something else to focus on.

2 Likes

Too many red flags. You might be the other woman :pleading_face:

3 Likes

IAM so sorry, maybe go with him ,or IAM always here needed a friend too.prayers for comfort

You need to do more investigation here because the one industry that is not tanking is the trucking industry so his either hiding a real big secret or he has a nice nest egg his not sharing with you.

5 Likes

One question. If he died …. then what would you do? Dead man versus dead marriage? You fill in the blank.

He probably has a whole other family out there. No trucker is gone for month. You having to work two jobs should show you he isn’t working as much as he claims

3 Likes

Go on the road with him

Go with him on the road, that’s what my parents do. My dad is a over the road truck driver. He makes very good money on his loads, that’s why my mom can go with him and not have to work.

Sell the house and go on road with him.

Absolutely not. He was not driving a truck when we met. It has only happened over the last 5-6 years. I wouldn’t get into a relationship and expect someone to change their career for me.